>Jow Forums in 1960

Attached: 1960-Avenida%20de%20Jose%20Antonio%20y%20Torre%20de%20Madrid.jpg (631x892, 264K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PXvKAWiU_cQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-zBzZJd-nfw
youtube.com/watch?v=w5N2l9MLLJk
youtube.com/watch?v=Uwelrtb8Oho
youtube.com/watch?v=JqB3Fty4_5I
youtu.be/wOIMuDJpw8E
youtube.com/watch?v=cbxxkwBQk_o
lacinetek.com/fr/tous-les-films/3048-le-joli-mai-vod.html
cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/95unclass/Walters.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qXVQhTweGJE
youtube.com/watch?v=ICkWjdQuK7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=tSsiS-v6_6M
youtube.com/watch?v=m8OlDPqYBLw
youtube.com/watch?v=Gf7oOugV4EE
youtube.com/watch?v=30FTr6G53VU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_war_reparations_to_the_Soviet_Union
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ2Y-ZKXDTg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 60s.jpg (500x323, 37K)

Attached: guatemala-1.jpg (450x298, 39K)

Attached: 2s16ow0.jpg (1211x746, 337K)

Phew, glad we managed to hold Sidi Ifni against the moor guerrillas
hopefully we can keep it now haha..

Attached: f8e474e992c1c30ca26816100db11b8f--php.jpg (736x552, 54K)

Attached: 7b2e3b2b-da87-4b0b-ac51-a15583e2bd4a_1024_512.jpg (638x439, 145K)

>ayo, black boy

Attached: 1536297165205.jpg (1024x817, 201K)

those guys were styling damn

Attached: 31624877015_668bc069b2_b.jpg (1024x768, 219K)

Attached: ribeira-porto.jpg (768x775, 119K)

nice bridge

Attached: 95c0ec939ced2a00437cd53cb624c1ad.jpg (549x694, 111K)

thanks, spain bro

Attached: NIhd6er.jpg (2834x2038, 736K)

Yeah there's no way those backward-ass Russians will possibly get a guy into space before us.

skinny manlets acting tough because there's like 20 of them

60s qts >>>

Attached: dl8P2dU.jpg (1278x841, 372K)

In the days of corn niggers, when men were strong and women beautiful.

Attached: Nikita Khrushchev speaking at the UN Assembly on September 23, 1960.jpg (1920x1740, 514K)

>everyone was more polite
>the fad of using "tú" everywhere didnt appear yet
>barely any unemployment
wish we could go back

Attached: Gran%20Via%201955.0.jpg (915x1024, 240K)

Attached: avant-servicios-trapero.jpg (800x789, 265K)

And feminism was unknown.

Attached: 1557240940568-0.jpg (990x742, 135K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PXvKAWiU_cQ

nah, feminism was known
there was Spanish feminist movements in 1920's and 1930's that wanted women to be allowed to vote
it was about equal opportunities instead of equal outcome

Attached: 1905-congreso-diputados-color-13.jpg (1220x880, 385K)

FUCK COMMIES

Man, everything was so aesthetic back then

Attached: 1557193277515.jpg (1000x706, 163K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-zBzZJd-nfw

Mexico was seen as a romantic place back then instead of some cartel beheading shithole.

youtube.com/watch?v=w5N2l9MLLJk

Attached: a.jpg (640x427, 64K)

>everyone was more polite
Why do people always say this about the past, such bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uwelrtb8Oho

Attached: 60 Dodge Dart Phoenix.jpg (1600x816, 295K)

holy shit portuguese were so much better than us at urban planning
people said "thank you" and used "usted" instead of "Tu", thats a fact
even if someone disliked you, he would do so in a polite manner

Attached: Plaza de Cibeles en 1955..jpg (980x631, 132K)

youtube.com/watch?v=JqB3Fty4_5I

"invite turks en masse to work in our factories for sometime?

natürlich!! what could ever go wrong.."

Attached: ado.jpg (1300x1096, 250K)

People didn't casually curse in public either.

youtu.be/wOIMuDJpw8E

Tragic that I never got to see my cunt at its prime

There's a hell of a lot of Ossis jumping into West Berlin now. They'll be all but depopulated of young, working age people in another three years if this keeps up.

You forgot the horrible realization that since this is 1960, Bono is being born. Too late now.

NOOOOOOOO
We should've passed that abortion bill decades ago

faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=cbxxkwBQk_o

Too bad you were still uber-Catholic back then and believed condoms make the Virgin Mary cry.

Shame...

Best era
lacinetek.com/fr/tous-les-films/3048-le-joli-mai-vod.html

>When meeting Soviet leader Khrushchev at the UN in September, French president Charles De Gaulle asked him "That satellite you launched last May flew over France 18 times without my permission. How do I know it didn't have cameras onboard photographing my country?" "As God is my witness," the supposedly atheist Khrushchev said, "I am clean." "And what about the satellite you used to take photos of the Moon?" replied de Gaulle. "In that one I had cameras." said Khrushchev, increasingly nervous. "Oh I see. In that one you had cameras." was de Gaulle's stoney-faced answer.

And women were expected to keep their goddamn legs closed.

This is in Chamberí right? I could've sworn that I've walked down that street before.

t. Lived in Madrid

Nice to find a modern photo, except it would be full of British boomer tourists and dye-haired Spanish goblinas with nose rings.

He was the real deal. Nobody in france could put pressure like that on putin or others.
Btw sauce on the citation, seem great to read

Ironic that the priests actions made us lose our religious views isn't it

>Vigo
that one is barcelona
>the one Barcelona pic i use instead of madrid

Attached: e98ae70ca5b1b7dc37ba9c2729434ca1.jpg (1029x656, 195K)

That was because he was a career military guy and escaped German captivity in WWI multiple times. No modern French leader could be that hard.

JUST MANDONAL ME UP TIO

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 7.33.48 PM.png (1866x1010, 3.06M)

>Btw sauce on the citation, seem great to read

cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/95unclass/Walters.html

Ok the date was slightly off, it was in May right after the launch of Korabl-Sputnik 1 (the satellite in question). Also famous because this was where Khrushchev totally lost it and started yelling and gesticulating about the U-2 shootdown, threatening hellfire and destruction on Moscow's enemies. His own entourage were facepalming.

"I'm a hundred times tougher on communism than you."

"Yeah well, I'm a thousand times tougher on communism than you!"

Attached: kennedy nixon debate.jpg (341x270, 16K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qXVQhTweGJE

youtube.com/watch?v=ICkWjdQuK7Q

1960-61 were some pretty lean, bottom of the barrel years for music.

And all it took was Mayor Daley registering a few thousand dead people.

Attached: 89589449494.png (750x460, 54K)

youtube.com/watch?v=tSsiS-v6_6M

#1 on the Billboard for the year. Yeah it was that bad.

I think the Admiral name is owned by chinks now.

Attached: Times Square, NYC, 1960.jpg (1024x656, 141K)

Attached: Playboy Magazine, May 1960.jpg (375x499, 37K)

youtube.com/watch?v=m8OlDPqYBLw

Whoops.

Attached: gary powers trial.jpg (620x456, 93K)

I’m voting for Nixon

Change my mind

Attached: EB57ECAA-68AE-4911-8892-C7120C51B174.jpg (1068x601, 56K)

>Despite the extreme closeness of the presidential election, Nixon made any number of missteps through the campaign, including choosing as his running mate Senator Henry Cabot Lodge Jr., representing a state he had zero chance of winning anyway, and campaigning in all 50 states including (again) states he had no chance of winning. He also accidentally slammed his leg in a car door, which required medical treatment and took him out of campaigning for a while. As an example, Nixon spent the critical last weekend before Election Day in the unimportant and sparsely populated state of Alaska while Kennedy campaigned in important, high population swing states.

Forgot where the Nixon-Lodge ticket was strictly bi-coastal while Kennedy had picked LBJ to try and bolster his appeal to heartland Americans.

>bare butt and tits
So enthralling.

I'm voting f- oh wait...

Attached: 06_01_Refendum.jpg (600x300, 19K)

NZ is basically the same now as it was then outside the major cities and tourist spots.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gf7oOugV4EE

Many years later she got raped by a POC.

Attached: queen street auckland 1960.jpg (1024x677, 362K)

Now its basically a containment zone for Chinese

Attached: el americano.png (68x101, 16K)

This is now a containment zone for hipsters and is in the backyard of La Goblina en Congress.

Attached: brooklyn in 1960.jpg (480x298, 45K)

youtube.com/watch?v=30FTr6G53VU

>20 17yo mutts acting like they're the shit when it's only one nog and cops are right there
woah america used to be so based! xd

Besides, if this was 1960, the cop would have probably joined them in kicking the shit out of the black dude.

Attached: TORRES SERRANOS-1960_CICLISTA_PERSONAL.jpg (485x683, 29K)

No world leader today is as hard as the ones of that era were.

>Eisenhower
Was career military, never actually went under fire, but grew up in a bumfuck Midwestern town in the opening years of the 20th century with strict Mennonite parents.
>Khrushchev
Born into a village of illiterate peasants, was under fire in the Russian civil war and WWII, survived Stalin.
>Kennedy
Didn't have to go in WWII because of health reasons, did so anyway, his PT boat sunk, he injured his back, and dragged a crewman to safety
>Adenauer
Survived Hitler

>america continues to slaughter innocents to stop the advancement of the working class

Errghh...

a lot of unsolved crimes happened during the 60's. our currency was inflating and there were some political crisis with soviets. pizza was introduced in finland during 60's and car sales were at an all-time high.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1575x1165, 329K)

Kekkonen

Attached: Kekkonen-Loikkanen-Khruschev-1960.jpg (970x791, 407K)

The fun part of the 60s won't start for a while yet. This is the boring part.

>Implying blasting Elvis Presley from your rat rod with your greaser friends while forcing a nerd to play chicken is "boring" and zoning out on shrooms with a bunch of smelly hippies is "fun"

I'm going to vote for Kekkonen. Are you?

Finland was also going throug expedited industrialization due to heavy war reparations. Finland saw this as an opportunity to modernize itself and to become economically stronger and more independent.
>Finland borrowed just over eight million dollars between 1918 and 1920 to ease acute post war food shortages. Finland agreed to repay the loans over a 62-year period, with an interest rate of 3% for the first ten years, and 3.5 % thereafter.
>Finland’s reputation as a reliable debtor was established in 1933, when Finland paid the food loan it had obtained from the United States in 1919, in full and on time. Finland was the United States’ only debtor country that continued to pay its war-related debt until the end.
>Finland continued to meet regular instalments until the 1940s, when a few years’ moratorium was called because of World War II. At that time, Finnish and US authorities also discussed whether it would be possible to invest the money repaid by Finland into something that would benefit Finland. This aim was met through the ASLA grant fund and Fulbright Centre established at the beginning of the 1950s. The last payment on the debt was made in accordance with a renewed, faster schedule in 1976.
Also;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_war_reparations_to_the_Soviet_Union
>52,500 electric engines
>1,140 transformational stations
>30 mills with power stations
>525 narrow gauge locomotives
>619 vessels, 104 of them commercial
>Icebreakers SS Turso, Jääkarhu and Voima
>91 300-dead-weight-tonne schooners
>45 300-dead-weight-tonne schooners with 225hp engines
>a non-magnetic research schooner
>522 wood houses with total floor area of 840,000m^2
>37,208 railway wagons

Attached: apori335.jpg (799x687, 274K)

Fuck Finns, lmao. I sterilized 2 of them today.

have sex

I will. I hope you don't.

youtube.com/watch?v=QZ2Y-ZKXDTg

I have great respect for finland.
You guys had everiting to be just anohter failed state in eastern europe.
>no abundant natural resources
>fucking swamp
>froze good part of the year
>troubled history with his neighbors
>late for the industrialization
And yet, your country is always on top of many others.

>implying the ussr cared what Fr*choids thought

>no abundant natural resources
What did he mean by this?
>troubled history with his neighbors
Neighbour*
>late for the industrialization
They industrialised at the same time as the rest of us. How do you think they could hold back thre russians for so long?

>What did he mean by this?
Besides woodland, what else they produce?
>Neighbour*
Sure thing, Finland did not existed for a good part of the history because of only Russia.
>They industrialised at the same time as the rest of us. How do you think they could hold back thre russians for so long?
Finland was able to repel the soviets for so long because the communists killed everyone they did not trust and replace their generals with party people. That's why the USSR almost failed in several occasions before WWII. Hell, even the poles beat them in war.
And, of coarse, with the support of Germany and Sweden.

>Sure thing, Finland did not existed for a good part of the history because of only Russia
Please read up on your history on this one. Finland wasn't a country and never were going to be A country if it weren't for us conquering them and uniting the tribes under our crown.
Well that's be a lie because it was either us or Russia and we all know what happened to their puppets and annexations under their rule.
Without fennoswedes, the reds would have most likely won in Finland as well. Mannerheim himself was a fennoswede.
You might say: oh but Russia gave Finland grand duchy status. Well they wouldn't have done that if there wasn't an already established system there and if it wasn't developed thanks to us.
Point is: The only neighbour Finland have had to worry about is Russia.

Also, we never supported Finland in any war. We raised a tonne of their kids though.

Not sure why did you take my post as a personal insult...
>Point is: The only neighbour Finland have had to worry about is Russia.
Yeah, we can agree on this, but why would Russia fight over Finland? They are not a threat, their population is small, no vital resource, and Russia has more land that they need.

>we never supported Finland in any war.
Unofficially, you did.
Not only with Swedish people crossing the border on it's own, but with planes and food.

Disregard the swede hes just assblasted and trying to cope his inferiority through baiting on a mongolian basket weaving board. Idk why this swede is so mad, he always injects himself into every conversation about Finland here and spouts some of the most retarded stuff imaginable.

Meanwhile from CIA world factbook;
>Finland was a province and then a grand duchy under Sweden from the 12th to the 19th centuries, and an autonomous grand duchy of Russia after 1809. It gained complete independence in 1917. During World War II, Finland successfully defended its independence through cooperation with Germany and resisted subsequent invasions by the Soviet Union - albeit with some loss of territory. In the subsequent half century, Finland transformed from a farm/forest economy to a diversified modern industrial economy; per capita income is among the highest in Western Europe.

>Finland has a highly industrialized, largely free-market economy with per capita GDP almost as high as that of Austria and the Netherlands and slightly above that of Germany and Belgium. Trade is important, with exports accounting for over one-third of GDP in recent years. The government is open to, and actively takes steps to attract, foreign direct investment.

>Finland is historically competitive in manufacturing, particularly in the wood, metals, engineering, telecommunications, and electronics industries. Finland excels in export of technology as well as promotion of startups in the information and communications technology, gaming, cleantech, and biotechnology sectors. Except for timber and several minerals, Finland depends on imports of raw materials, energy, and some components for manufactured goods. Because of the cold climate, agricultural development is limited to maintaining self-sufficiency in basic products. Forestry, an important export industry, provides a secondary occupation for the rural population.

Attached: finland_timeline.png (868x4327, 203K)

Remember, Finland wasn't a thing. Russia attacked us. We don't have a good history with them.
I can recognise the volunteers. Great people.
The planes and food were just to please our German overlords.

>He thinks grand duchy had any meaning under Swedish rule
>Finland was often given to members of the royal family as a duchy.