Whoa, so this is the power of the US

Attached: IMG_1254.jpg (1200x797, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qa7icmqgsow
youtube.com/watch?v=SSLbUIJK_eU
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Challenger_disaster
thediplomat.com/2019/05/china-has-a-head-start-in-the-new-space-race/
youtube.com/watch?v=ciXXj0Tj7zk
spacenews.com/chinas-first-mars-spacecraft-undergoing-integration-for-2020-launch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>be american
>be the tip of the top elite of your cunt
>get litteraly shot
>get burnt

>atomized
there's evidence of manual control after the explosion, they lived through it and probably died on impact with the ground

sad stuff

>be french
>don't have a space program that anyone cares about

youtube.com/watch?v=Qa7icmqgsow

Fuck was Reagan a good orator, I had never realized.

Remember that time the US space program murdered the crew of a space shuttle (including the first Israeli in space) by lying to them about the possible damage to their vessel?

Attached: space shuttle columbia.jpg (1000x520, 37K)

He was. He came up back when they still taught you counterpoint in school.

We heard this over my house

>even poos have gotten to Mars successfully

Attached: Russian Mars missions.png (596x509, 30K)

I don't. Redpill me.

Why do you hate OUR country, brother?
We've had failures at space travel, but such is life. You can't master anything without first failing at it a least a handful of times. We've improved and continue to improve as a result of our failures.

The """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""American"""""""""""""""""""""""""

Falling for the proxy again.

Attached: The american.png (467x394, 13K)

>if you disagree with me in any way you aren't american

Attached: zombie lily face45.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Man, there was nothing at all they could have done about that tile damage.

Of all the grounds on which to mock the US, our record in space flight is about the worst one you could pick

virgin is british

There were 135 Shuttle flights. Two flight failures in 135 is statistically not a bad record considering that on average, one in every 16 space launches fails.

Nobody cares about mutt space program either.
I follow only China and India

Don't lump me in with you, Mutt. I'm an immigrant from China.
I'm not using a proxy.

>Proxies and VPN's don't exist
whoa

The space shuttle was a retarded idea anyways. Even NASA didn't want it.

Nixon approved the Shuttle mostly so he could win reelection in 1972, as California had a lot of aerospace jobs and he didn't want to lose that state (Apollo was coming to an end and most of the technicians who worked on the program would have lost their jobs otherwise).

Name a space program that's more successful.
It's a dangerous field that can't be explored without casualties. We have them, you have them, space is nasty to everyone equally.

When did that happen?

Mir was a mistake.

youtube.com/watch?v=SSLbUIJK_eU

They didn't have to repair it. They could have attempted rescue or transfer them out but didn't because it would be politically inconvenient.

nasa knew the bad heat tiles on the wing of the shuttle could cause catastrophic failures during reentry

supposedly the crew section survived the reentry and was destroyed upon impact on the ocean, so the fear at least in imagination is that instead of turning into ash in the air they turned into red vapor and goop

Youre gonna be waiting a long time for anything noteworthy user.

Back in the 80s
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Challenger_disaster

>Be US
>first country to make booster rockets that land themselves
>be first country with rovers on mars
>be first country with probes to leave the solar system
>be first country to create commercial space companies who launch for governments and companies around the world
Capitalism is once again going to pioneer a new industry that will usher in a new age of prosperity but this time among the stars

Attached: space pepe.jpg (316x286, 24K)

Jow Forums has every publicly known proxy and every commercial VPN banned.

based and spacex pilled

Attached: spacex landing.gif (600x450, 1.08M)

Oh boy i cant wait. Did you see that NASA announcement vid a while back?

yeah it's pretty exciting, i love space stuff

Which is why he was able to get away with being an astoundingly bad president on paper.

/thread
euros and chinks are lost for words

>Youre gonna be waiting a long time for anything noteworthy user.
Maybe you missed this?
thediplomat.com/2019/05/china-has-a-head-start-in-the-new-space-race/
>On January 3, 2019, when China landed the Chang’e 4 probe on the Lunar South Pole, a first for humanity, the discourse on outer space shifted forever. For nearly 50 years, since July 20, 1969, we have lived in the Age of Apollo, which enabled humanity’s first steps on the moon. When dawn broke out on January 3, 2019, we entered the Age of Chang’e, focused on long-term settlement of the lunar poles.
youtube.com/watch?v=ciXXj0Tj7zk

spacenews.com/chinas-first-mars-spacecraft-undergoing-integration-for-2020-launch/
>China’s first Mars spacecraft undergoing integration for 2020 launch
>China remains on schedule to ready its first independent mission to Mars in time for a short launch window in mid-2020, according to a leading space official.
>“Mars 2020 mission spacecraft is undergoing integration,” Wang Chi, director of the National Space Science Center (NSSC) in Beijing, told SpaceNews in a rare update on the mission.
>Ambitiously, the mission consists of both an orbiter and a rover, with a total of 13 science payloads. The NSSC will be involved in integration of the instruments with the spacecraft.
>The orbiter will be equipped with a high-resolution camera comparable to HiRise on board NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, a medium-resolution camera, subsurface radar, minearology spectrometer, neutral and energetic particle analyzers and a magnetometer.
>The 240-kilogram solar-powered rover, nearly twice the mass of China’s Yutu lunar rovers, will carry a ground-penetrating radar, multispectral camera, a Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy instrument and payloads for detecting the climate and magnetic environment.

Attached: Mars-2020-landing-areas-1-2-mola-map-COPUOS-June2018.jpg (879x504, 220K)

The Europeans and Japanese are on the forefront of asteroid mining tech at the moment. Pretty interesting stuff.

>first country to make booster rockets that land themselves
Russians did it long ago and found out that it has no economic benefits. Musk is a meme

Of course they are. As soon as they are faced with undeniable proof of the superiority of America, they buck and run.

>Musk
Disgusting. Take the Bezos pill.

Attached: bezos09345.jpg (920x613, 54K)

Yawn

It's a lot cheaper to reuse a rocket than it is to make a new one.

Are you fucking serious?

Top kek
>imagine believing this

Still yawning here Aussie

so they're sending rovers to Mars
we did that 25 years ago

bezos can't invest in anything in the long term because he doesn't have as much liquid

It is not. It's a meme for shareholders.

When muttoids lose Chinas rare earth minerals they will only be able to launch baloons again.

Unfuckingbelievable.
You don't give the slightest shit about the science or technology involved, you're just arsehurt that it didn't have a US flag on it.
People like you are a disgrace to your country. An absolute fucking disgrace.

>They could have attempted rescue or transfer them out
And how pray tell would you do that?

Attached: fc20d7ba75499df5113b2b3f94b87730.jpg (512x384, 22K)

Yes it is user, that was the whole reasoning behind the NASA space shuttle.

>imagine believing this

It's true.
It didn't explode, it disintegrated and the crew cabin stayed intact and fell.

Yawn. Come back to me when you stop riding yellow, chink dick and your country is relevant for once in its existence

I would much rather have a US flag on everything in space than Chinese ones. China is fucking awful

tell me once they do something spectacular like send people to Mars, then i'll care.

The actual explosive force was minimal due to the speed (more than 1500 mph) and altitude. As the orbiter was torn loose from the external tank, it was instantly ripped to pieces by extreme aerodynamic forces.

Chinese seem to be in lead in this new space race

They already has their own space station but they don't seem to be interested in conducting manned missions
so we might beat them in moon landings

Youre gonna have to explain to me how china is in the lead in anything

new space race

I really don't care who wins desu, i just want the government to dump more money into space exploration

you live in the wrong country pal
obama and trump gutted nasa

Even if thats true, all we have to do is wait for another one to get elected. We dont live in a dictatorship, user

>Be US
>Atomize the wannabe first nigger in space

Absolutely based

The first black in space was a Cuban the Soviets sent on a space station mission, and there had already been a black astronaut (Guion Bluford).

Their government ACTUALLY spends substantial money in R&D for their space and missile programme

They also has invested in long term space research tech such as building their own space station , their own space telescopes they are even planning establish a permanent """""science""""" observation project in their Space Station

Meanwhile ISRO is practically starved for fundings it gets most of it's money from sending foreign satellites as payload

>A cuban
>The soviets

Nations that don't matter

Unironically hope what youre saying is true. If the 60s and 70s taught me anything, nothing lights a fire under my countrys ass like a good ole competition. God im getting giddy

>flag
Yeah I expected a cuck.

we like in a country that doesn't have priority in pure science user, only applied r&d for the military

It wasnt always like this, it can change with the times. How do you think the US entered the space race in the first place?

in 1958 the soviets sent Laika, a stray dog plucked from the streets of Moscow, into orbit around the earth. strapped into a small compartment on the tiny spacecraft Sputnik 2, Laika died during her fourth orbit when her capsule overheated. the Americans responded with the same panic that met the launch of Sputnik 1. Eisenhower ordered the Naval Research Laboratory -- which had separately been working for years on launching an artificial satellite into space -- to immediately prepare a manned spaceflight. in January 1958 America finally responded to the Soviets' scientific aggression by launching a Vanguard rocket from Cape Canaveral, Florida containing two stray dogs.

these dogs died an icy death within an hour of leaving the atmosphere when their cabin depressurized. they were hailed as national heroes, and became a massive propaganda coup for NATO. behind the iron curtain VOA broadcasts let anyone with a radio know that capitalists were more efficient at killing dogs in space than communists.

Khrushchev was livid. he ordered his scientists to embark on what became known as the Luna program. on the second day of 1959 Luna 1 was launched towards the moon with 17 dogs from the streets of Vienna, three of which were pregnant, aboard. the dogs all perished by the time the craft reached the Van Allen belt.

NASA, which had been created the previous summer, embarked on Project Mercury, which blasted a succession of angry cats with their tails tied together into deep space. the Soviets responded with the Vostok program, which sent horses into orbit strapped into medical devices that would periodically revive them so that a single horse could be killed theoretically dozens of times.

in the 1960s the space race turned to a new goal: to be the first nation to kill a dog on the moon. the americans suffered a massive setback in 1967 when a test of the Apollo 1 capsule resulted in three dogs dying in an electrical fire on earth, not in space.

Based