So I was at my grandfather's funeral and learned that he was Dutch

So I was at my grandfather's funeral and learned that he was Dutch.
I had no idea, nobody ever told me. Came to Portugal during WW2 as kid refugee with my great-grandparents.

Now what?

Attached: 1556556697206.jpg (512x422, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pfqEFwb07w0&t=15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nothing

nothing

nothing

How do you not know that? Did you never speak to him?

Thought as much. Thanks

Attached: 1459498473628.jpg (1387x702, 85K)

nothing

come home mutt man

enjoy bitterbal brother

Get EU citizenship and gtfo out of your thirdie cunt

He spoke Portuguese with perfect Northern accent, nothing could tell me he was a foreigner. He never told me nothing about it.

you didn't need to know

I mean you never asked him about your family or his childhood? In USA we are obsessed with making genealogies and researching family history. Schools even require it as a project sometime. Which is kinda big brother now that I think about it lol.

I guess.. maybe he didn't like the memories? IDK.

Always thought I was full blooded Northern Portuguese, never really asked about it.

Dude what? How do you go through life not knowing what country your grandparent is from? Weren't you ever curious about his childhood or something?

it might be shocking only because you think that knowledge is a part of you, it's really not. it is his. it is not that he doesn't want to share, it is that he doesn't think there was any reason to, his life and his family is in portugal you should respect it for what it is, not what you think could be

He came as 3 year old. Every single thing he told me was about Portugal. And I was with him a lot, he taught me how to fish and took me to the movies many times. I just assumed he was Portuguese. There was no reason otherwise, my town is 99% Portuguese.

came to iberia from the netherlands as a refugee from the second world war eh?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I do respect his decision, it was just so weird. Thought it was an inside joke at first. My great grand parents even changed his name when they got here, so nobody could tell. Pretty weird, but he was good lad and I loved him all the same.

also he doesn't know that much about netherlands anyway, only through his parents and they probably weren't too open either

Yeah to me he is still 100% Portuguese. Blended with locals, and was Portuguese in all aspects so...

war migration wasn't a big deal then
now it is made into the worst thing ever happened to mankind

iberia was a popular destination for netherlander traitors that joined the german legions

that happens in modern day too

>He came as 3 year old. Every single thing he told me was about Portugal.
Oh so he didn't even remember. I had this image of him coming over as an 10 year old kid for some reason. That makes sense.

As for what to do with this knowledge, it might be cool to visit the Netherlands and see his hometown, idk.

I doubt he was a traitor lol, he was 3 years old. Plus he came in early 45 from what my uncle told me, so that is at the end of the war more or less.

I'm pretty sure many people who didn't want to get killed moved, not just Nazi traitors.

it's a repost newfags

Sometimes eat pickled herring and gouda instead of just a million cod dishes and fried green beans.

>just a million cod dishes

No can do, must keep the friendship with Norway strong

Attached: 1557438278029.png (974x851, 256K)

vergaar spices

>

A few months ago I found out that my granduncle is from Poland, but he was born in Italy while his family was fleeing to Argentina. Now it makes sense, I mean his surname was weird as fuck, kaminski or something like that.

He's joking.

He means he was Jewish

Did you know that west Africans also love salted cod? Its cause when there was a massive famine, Norway donated a load of it and they got a taste for it

buy wooden shoes

Kara Boga portugal is now BLACK.

So you're 1/4th human?

more like 1/4th pig rofl

he had two other foreign grandparents?

youtube.com/watch?v=pfqEFwb07w0&t=15s

buy a dutch laguage welcome mat for your front door. i found out im half swedish a few months ago so i bought a doormat with yellow and blue colors that says valkommen on it!

>2/4 = 1/4
finn pig math lol

>two other = 1 + 2
why can't you use your numbers, arab?

Okay, let's see you dumb nigger. If he is 1/4th danish, that doesn't mean that his wife is also danish. I said that the dane is a pig, therefore he's still got 3/4ths to go. You're implying the pig part is different from the dane, so 1/4th pig, not "two other"
Dumb nigger fucktard retard elf.
Two other = 2 other. If he's 1/4th dane and I said 1/4th pig then the 2 other don't account for anything dumb nigger because you're defending the dane. Otherwise you're saying that he's still 1/4th pig, 1/4th dane and for no reason saying 2 other foreigns lol??? dumb fuckibng ngiert ajrhgafvdhbjikopastgvbuilyhjnokml,p.oñ´+`ç

Attached: 575207307110121493.png (115x128, 11K)

He implies that all the other portubros jn his family are pigs
But that's rich from a meme country like Finland who contributed nothing to the world

The thing is I said "more like 1/4th pig". If he's implying the 1/4th dane and the 1/4th pig are two different ones, saying that "he had two other foreign grandparents?" doesn't really matter because they were not mentioned. It would work if I said, "more like 2/4th pig", which is why I insulted his retard math.

Attached: Finngolian.gif (127x223, 1.12M)

He implies that portuguese are pigs only and since you said 1/4 pig he wondered if he had two other (in addition to the dutch) foreign grandparents

Making the 1/4 the portuguese grandparent
But still I wouldn't have bother what a fingol say here when their culture is non-existant and their language forgotten (unlike Portugal)

Funnily enough 4/4 of the Finn's grandparents are pigs.

Attached: 1558551569944.png (383x257, 171K)

Only the Fennoswede are worth something in that land
Sweden were too kind with them

ei polka röökiä

congrats, you are now officially white

I can't speak those disgusting germanic language

I have 1 (one) portuguese great-grandparent, do I get to be black?

>yfw his and your surename is van der Bellen and you never fucking thought that wasn't portugese sounding

He did, but OP doesn't speak dutch, so he could've never have known.

Attached: ZHmHih5.png (441x302, 58K)

His parents changed is first and last name when they came in the Portuguese records.

ayy