Why doesn't China export it's culture?

Seriously, just listen to this piece of commie propaganda
youtube.com/watch?v=OjNpRbNdR7E
It already sounds amazing, now imagine how good their normal music can be. They don't even have to follow the shitty US pop style like Korea and Japan.

Attached: FOREIGN201510131120000382841997189.jpg (900x600, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

worldatlas.com/articles/largest-music-industries-in-the-world.html
goboiano.com/cool-japan-is-looking-like-a-failure-after-4-years/
japantoday.com/category/entertainment/cool-japan-project-to-fund-akb48-sister-group-in-philippines
forbes.com/sites/caitlinkelley/2019/01/11/bts-lead-growth-of-hallyu-90-million-fans-2018/#5c1faccc70bc
youtube.com/watch?v=NjTT5_RSkw4
youtube.com/watch?v=Fco83e124FE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ap0huJwyT7g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
youtube.com/watch?v=VG3WkiL0d_U
youtube.com/watch?v=46rrOEqUOCQ
animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-06-06/.102903
animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-01-20/.111239
youtube.com/watch?v=T4SimnaiktU
youtube.com/watch?v=VSxBblrbbYI
youtube.com/watch?v=qIF8xvSA0Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=zMNC2cw1D7k
youtube.com/watch?v=AbiMe64zeGM
youtube.com/watch?v=aknkofx2bHg
youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s
quora.com/Which-country-has-the-most-influential-popular-culture-Japan-South-Korea-China-or-Taiwan/answer/Andy-Farrar-1
youtube.com/watch?v=-UNlWiEVUNM
youtube.com/watch?v=86tXGCzJ74Y
youtube.com/watch?v=63ZPQgIWdc0
youtube.com/watch?v=T-hsTRAb_MY
vocaroo.com/i/s0p6otqbrHmG
quora.com/Which-country-has-the-most-influential-popular-culture-Japan-South-Korea-China-or-Taiwan/
youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memories_of_Murder
youtube.com/watch?v=DPcKl0ZQevI
youtu.be/feOq6MWeUXA
youtu.be/Lx5YP3yXb4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because everyone makes fun of it on youtube

remember that chicken one, people thought it was actually a parody

why would they try to export when they themselves threw it away

>It already sounds amazing

They don't export it because no one speaks Chinese internationally, and they don't have the magic of k-pop.

J-pop isn't very popular abroad either.

There are some cool Chinese songs though. Want me to post a few? Chinese make good rock in particular, but some pop songs are nice too.

They did, no one really likes it

>why would they try to export when they themselves threw it away

wtf is this dumb meme, "china threw away its culture" Is this how you cope with Chinas uprising?

>J-pop isn't very popular abroad either.
Because Japan doesn't try to export it either. They have the second largest domestic music market in the world so there's no need.

Exactly. Now imagine the domestic market in China.

Retard copers like to pretend the cultural revolution held any long term significance

china has a longer plus more rich history than whatever random european country and especially a shithole like america so they like to try and erase it

>mao and communism failed at everything but somehow he managed to erase the longest continual civilization on earth that spread its culture everywhere including having the west begging them for their cultural wares
the inferiority complex anglos feel towards china can't be measured.

anglod
>drinking tea out of china pretending the stolen culture is his
this kills the angloid so hard.

>commie propaganda
Nobody wants that shit.

t. Zhang

Because they us it to hide they cultural erasure or genocide they themselves successfully committed.

Bullshit. They tried to but fucked it up. They don't know how to export their shit.

>Bullshit.
worldatlas.com/articles/largest-music-industries-in-the-world.html
>They tried to but fucked it up.
When?
>They don't know how to export their shit.
They are the Asian country (and one of the top countries in the world on that) with the highest number of world-renowned cultural products.

goboiano.com/cool-japan-is-looking-like-a-failure-after-4-years/
Japs don't know how to export their media. Korea stole everything from them and made them globally popular. Korea is the number one now.

Some government funded promotion operating at a loss doesn't mean that Japanese music isn't appreciated abroad though.

Most of the successful songs become popular internationally due to being figured as opening songs to some anime though.

>Because Japan doesn't try to export it either
Do you live under a rock or something, or are you just another stupid weeaboo drone?
What do you think "cool" japan was (or is if it's still around) and the Japanese government funding yakuza48 through it?
japantoday.com/category/entertainment/cool-japan-project-to-fund-akb48-sister-group-in-philippines

A failed government programme isn't indicative of anything, not when Japan culture has been exported overseas for decades (and still is) succesfully. The actual discographies don't care about the overseas market, most of the times they don't even ship CDs out of the isles.

The only thing Korea has overpassed Japan in is in music, which makes sense because Korea actually invests heavily in the market. And that doesn't mean a shitty government initiative, but discographies actively marketing their products on other countries and making them easily accessible.

Besides, the own site you posted only bases it's conclusion on the opinion of several Japanese, while the actual data it provides (tourism increase) is very positive.

In short: government initiatives are worthless, what matters is the producers of content making it easily accessible internationally. Japan has never done this with their music.

Korea controls Asia with its music, drama and fashion products. Japan doesn't have any of these. They have been irrelevant in Asia for the last 10 years.

>yakuza48?

dude what?

There are 90 million hallyu fans in the world
forbes.com/sites/caitlinkelley/2019/01/11/bts-lead-growth-of-hallyu-90-million-fans-2018/#5c1faccc70bc
Japan only has niche things like anime and manga.

I sincerely hope you are kidding.
Japanese fashion and anime in particular are extremely popular in East Asia. Japanese aesthetics and in a broader sense its society as the first industrialised East Asian country have influenced and continue to influence East Asia a lot stronger than other East Asian countries influence Japan.

China shpuld export their women. Easy way to take over certain countries within a few generations.

no japan has anime, manga, and otaku culture. that other guy is sucking japans dick too hard pretending like they just don't care, but likewise japan does have a lot of influence.

china has the most influence on all the regions around it. you guys just can't read chinese so it's all closed off. china has 1,4 billion people so if even 1 out of 10 people like somebody then it's 150 million fans. look at this piece of music on youtube that you never even looked at, but has 100 million views.

youtube.com/watch?v=NjTT5_RSkw4
chinese web/culture is entirely like this to people who are actively looking

Anime and manga have not been niche in a long time. Pokemon is one of the highest grossing intellectual properties of the whole world. Not to mention all the technological industries Japan is competing at the top of while Korea only competes in the smartphone and TV market with Samsung and LG.

Just have a look at this. They don't need to hand over their women. The women will do it themselves.

It's below terrible desu.

That used to be true but not anymore. I did my research on this. I know what I'm talking about.
It is niche even in Japan. It's going to be even more niche in other countries. I don't know about consumer goods but we're talking about entertainment here.

What you are thinking of:
youtube.com/watch?v=Fco83e124FE

What modern Chinese music is actually like:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ap0huJwyT7g

China doesn't make tv, movies or music close to same quality as the west, therefore the culture is not very influential

>It is niche even in Japan.
Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise of all time. Shonen Jump, Gundam and Dragon Ball are also there.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
Anime is not niche by any metric, not when you have Kim Kardashian and Kanye West tweeting about seasonal shows.

No, I was listening to what OP posted. The second song you posted is okay, but I don't see it catching on here. Especially because Chinese often sounds like shit. And we have a very niche taste.

Madonna (USA)
youtube.com/watch?v=VG3WkiL0d_U

Madonna (NL)
youtube.com/watch?v=46rrOEqUOCQ

I can't imagine what would happen to Chinese songs lol.

China is not a free country, do you want there to be a cultural revolution in your country?

>chinks copy western stuff
>chinks enter the Dutch music market
>time for revenge

Read these
animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-06-06/.102903
animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-01-20/.111239

Your opinion is supposed to have weight because of your uncited research?
Could you explain to me why I can buy Japanese sweets in a Taiwanese grocery store then? Why I can find a ユニクロ in every East Asian city? Why do over 200 million people listen 前前前世 on youtube, even though this platform is less popular among many East Asians than local alternatives?

It's a matter of improving a country's public image abroad.
They are already aware of you (and what their shit produces in some people's minds, basically turning them into drones when it comes to japan), weeaboo fucks, and for that reason is that they have tried to widen the exposure of the aspects of their pop culture that are somewhat known abroad in an attempt to gain influence on the population of other countries (mainly Asian) through them (just like the US did with their pop culture).
It's called "soft power"

>Korea only competes in the smartphone and TV
you're ignoring plenty of underlying technology there, not to mention that they not only "compete" in the smartphone market but are leaders in it, which is pretty significant when almost every technology giant from the US and Japan tried their hardest to get a piece of it.

This is your source? Everyone knows that anime isn't an openly accepted hobby in Japan. Reading manga is quite accepted though, and you'll see quite a few people reading it in the metro, salarymen as well.
And this doesn't prevent anime form being hugely popular in other East Asian countries. A lot more popular than Chinese or Korean media are in Japan anyway, with the singular exception of K-pop.

youtube.com/watch?v=T4SimnaiktU

stupid articles
>while it's popular and accepted, look, there's parts of it which aren't popular. yes, you can find all these series everywhere and enjoyed by everybody, but look that hentai ova with lots of rape and netorare isn't being sold to children, pal.
WOW, no kidding? that's like saying while all the mainstream stuff like starwars is mainstream the niche show with a small audience is niche so, ACTUAKKly, starwars isn't mainstream either

So all you can give me are opinion articles talking about the US and the US alone? Not to mention that one of them starts with
>With anime movies like your name. becoming global hits and companies finding success with Fathom Events like Funimation's theatrical releases of the DBZ movies

Go through the list I posted on en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises and try to count how many manga you can find in there. Hell, try to look for a single Korean property.

>not to mention that they not only "compete" in the smartphone market but are leaders in it,
Wrong, Samsung leads the market, but the leading country is China with its many producers.

It sounds kinda like mainstream russian music

bosting chinese culture
youtube.com/watch?v=VSxBblrbbYI

Attached: Cao Mengde.gif (360x200, 2.96M)

The song itself is good. But how does it stand out from generic English (or Dutch) pop songs? It's missing something Chinese.

>It sounds kinda like mainstream russian music
Chinese pop is the epitome of second world music, I'm not surprised at all that it isn't popular in the west.
80s Cantopop, however, is absolutely godlike.

This one is nice
youtube.com/watch?v=qIF8xvSA0Gw

This is a personal favourite:
youtube.com/watch?v=zMNC2cw1D7k
The lyrics are quite good, if you ever find yourself interested in studying Chinese.

no one wants to be like weird insects.

Thanks, I fucking love this, reminds me of that boat song which is also great

Korean media is popular in Asia as much as American media is in Europe. Japan just makes cartoons.
Not hentai ova but majority of anime. Read carefully
That list is utterly meaningless. Jap franchises make money from toy sales and pachinko. Anpanman for example is only popular in Japan but according to that list it should be as popular as Star Wars.

a lot of southeast asians watch their chinese dramas, but that's because they share a lot in terms of culture. the rest mostly think china=poor, backward and commie,so they are not very interested in its culture.

in other words, western media is doing a great job.

This one combines modern music with the Chinese musical scale and high pitch singing associated with traditional Chinese music.
youtube.com/watch?v=AbiMe64zeGM
Whether you enjoy the use of electronic effects in this music depends a bit on personal preference, but I quite enjoyed it.

youtube.com/watch?v=aknkofx2bHg
This is Chinese hiphop that features traditional elements, it's quite cool but not that innovative except for this use of Chinese stuff. Also the guy from Chengdu's Mandarin sounds like complete gibberish to me.

Chinese media is mostly just commie propaganda garbage anyway.

>a lot of southeast asians watch their chinese dramas
I have seen a few Thai dramas on Chinese TV, however this was 6 years ago so I don't know the current situation.

>That list is utterly meaningless
That list shows that Japan has some of the highest-grossing media franchises, with a level of profit the likes of which only USA can compete which, and that Korea absolutely lacks, and this has two causes:
a) Because their domestic market is huge enough, which makes many producers not care about exporting overseas, the case of stuff like Anpanman or Kochikame, and
b) because some of their products are massively popular overseas, hence their position. These are products like Pokemon, Tamagotchi or Hello Kitty.

You ignored my earlier post >Korean media is popular in Asia as much as American media is in Europe.
Saying that absolutely does not make it so. Korean soaps are not more popular in Japan or China than Japanese or Chinese soaps respectively, it's just k-pop that has found a popular niche for export.
>Japan just makes cartoons.
We explained to you why this is not the case, now you're just ignoring us on purpose and repeating yourself. If you really want to stay dumb then go ahead.

the majority of western entertainment isn't "mainstream" either. it says stuff like one piece, naturo, and whatever is popular everywhere but then goes on how there's niche which aren't so, ACTUUUAKKKYL, the mainstream popular stuff isn't mainstream by association.

very shitty articles that don't actually express the truth of the matter. nobody ever says anime is the default medium that controls everything instead it's extremely popular and there's stuff which is on-par and even more popular than traditional shows.

i don't really claim china is going to dominate the western market or anything. it's just they've got more people in china than the entire west has so they don't need to? china has been really closed off because they simply don't have the mechanic to export it and they don't have incentive yet. they're moving more towards it and plan to start exporting their media within the next 10 years trying to have more cultural reach

The second one is quite amusing.

depends on what media are we talking about, state owned media for sure is mostly propaganda. but private media mostly just focus on gossips, fashion, music, drama and stuff.

The Namewee song sounds an awful lot like an eminem ripoff youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s
Listen to them both

Second sounds like russian music again...

It's a pretty American trait to (think you can) just export everything abroad. That's why you guys do it. While most countries think small, unless they explicitly make a product for foreign countries. I'm sure Chinese artists don't even consider it.

>because they simply don't have the mechanic to export it and they don't have incentive yet.
They don't attempt to export it (for the most part) because they themselves know how crap it is. Don't bother lying to yourself.

I respectfully disagree with both of these statements. I don't hear the similarity between 漂向北方 and Not Afraid, and 易燃易爆炸 doesn't have anything that strikes me as Russian.

>anglo can't comprehend the concept that some people might not be interested in producing stuff for him

China does export culture, culture and people, I am part Han myself and live proof.

Do you think the Vengaboys are particularly high quality? If they hadn't been singing in English no one outside of my country would have known them.

It still has to conform to state content guidelines (which are extensive).

You really don't hear the similarities between 漂向北方 and Not Afraid?
And the second one just sounds like second world pop music...

quora.com/Which-country-has-the-most-influential-popular-culture-Japan-South-Korea-China-or-Taiwan/answer/Andy-Farrar-1

>You really don't hear the similarities between 漂向北方 and Not Afraid?
The similarities are not that notable, no.

Alright, now all my YouTube recommendations are Chinese.

shut the fuck up incel whitoids

A very USA-focused answer, and you cherry-picked this. You are not really responding to any of my points.

>Lets just exclude SEA from this argument because I dont want to admit he is right

youtube.com/watch?v=-UNlWiEVUNM
youtube.com/watch?v=86tXGCzJ74Y
youtube.com/watch?v=63ZPQgIWdc0
youtube.com/watch?v=T-hsTRAb_MY
here's some anime/game/otaku style music

angloid
>drinking tea from chinaware pretending china doesn't have culture while jews rule him and his only culture is stealing others
at least chinese have a real culture and history which isn't just stealing and being ruled by jewish bankers unlike you. they had manchu for a century, but you had jews since your country was founded and you'll never get rid of them.

>In Asia, it is hands down South Korea. Japanese pop culture gets nowhere near as much mainstream coverage as Korean pop culture does in Asia. Hallyu Stars are the equivalent to Hollywood stars in Asia.

SEA likes both Japanese cultural exports and K-pop

How about now
vocaroo.com/i/s0p6otqbrHmG

Now, if you go to the actual question and not your cherrypicked answer quora.com/Which-country-has-the-most-influential-popular-culture-Japan-South-Korea-China-or-Taiwan/

>1: In my country, Japan
>2: China, in the West? Japan
>3: your answer
>4: Japan 1#, Korea 2# (surname Chen)
>5: Japan (Chinese)
>6: Korea (Kyung S. Lee lmao)
>7: China historically, in the contemporary world Japan

Jesus Christ Kim, try harder.

Believe what you want. I don't like either of them anyway.

Doesnt mean they are equally popular and you know this. Japanese anime is just a small subculture in the region, in contrast Korean TV shows and musics etc pretty much dominates SEA mainstream media. Stop downplaying you incel. have sex

>tf
>tp

>same chords
>both have a hook and verses, as any hiphop
Basically your point is that the two use the same chords. Basically an extension of what these guys showed us, but it doesn't say that much.
youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I

>omg ive ran out of argument le tftp lol owned!!
Some stinky spainlard who lives thousands kilometers away from the region thinks he knows better.

The whole point is that Anime isn't the sole cultural export of Japan.

Ever heard of, just off the top of my head, Nintendo?

Extremely immature answer, I'd be surprised if you were anything but an American.

Oh yes, please tell me about nintendo being significant cultural part of vietnam

You are telling me that k-pop is a "significant cultural part" of Vietnam? Why does the goalpost get moved only when it concerns Japanese cultural exports?

This gook reminded me of this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memories_of_Murder
>After the ninth murder, DNA evidence was sent to Japan (unlike the film, where it was sent to America) for analysis, but the results did not correspond with the suspects.[8]
Why are Kims still so butthurt about Japan?

The same style of singing too, the songs have the same emotional but aggressive rapping and feel to it too.

>china
>culture

>ignores the fact that the post i replied to was litereally only says "tftp" which proves literally nothing but a shitty meme but let's just call the korean guy who opposes me immature
seriously, have sex

Korean culture indeed has big influence in vietnam. And it was such a silly of you to mention nintendo at all because the country or the whole region is dirt poort snd they cant afford such stuffs.

Sure. I think those are perfectly acceptable similarities though.

Taiwanese former rapper 宋岳庭 was also called the Taiwanese 2pac for his similar style, but he was a creative mastermind imo.
youtube.com/watch?v=DPcKl0ZQevI

I can't understand anything, why do you consider him a creative mastermind?

Wow gz on using tftp, you are le meme master. Guess I have to have sex now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

漂向北方
>masculine sounding voice with deep base background like they're banging on huge chinese drums
Not Afraid
>feminine sounding like he's a prison bitch background drum sounds like somebody is banging on a plastic bucket like traditional african music
i'm thinking nah

youtu.be/feOq6MWeUXA
youtu.be/Lx5YP3yXb4k
We do better

Are you Chinese diaspora or something? I don't really care about Eminem, but hes objectively better and more creative than the Chinese guy