/éire/

Eagrán féile Ruairí Gallagher

Attached: website-5.jpg (854x534, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fkleKuAshLA?t=70
vocaroo.com/i/s164Feyi98SE
rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2019/0531/1052825-tiananmen-square-anniversary/
ebay.ie/itm/Dell-Optiplex-7010-SFF-PC-Intel-Core-i7-3770-3-4GHz-8GB-500GB-HDD-DVD-WIN-10/283484698414?hash=item420101372e:g:u3gAAOSwBbdcytgE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_s8Vo00Xug
cpu.userbenchmark.com/
youtube.com/channel/UCsgnjvCvJZgAdSMMRG_j0cw/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based
youtu.be/fkleKuAshLA?t=70

Tune

Attached: 3wA6tRph.jpg (354x286, 18K)

Anyone have any experience, buying used dell computers from institutions?
Want to get a cheap desktop and then lob a graphics card into it.

Did a rebel song lads

vocaroo.com/i/s164Feyi98SE

You'll be famous one day lad. Keep it up.

I have EU citizenship through another country but only speak English because American. How difficult would it be for me to get an entry level job working outdoors and how much would I piss people off?

Fuck off, we're full

we are unironically full. There is a housing crisis. Ireland is not how you imagine it to be anyway

>Anyone have any experience, buying used dell computers from institutions?
Apart from the second hand Thinkpad market, I wasn't aware that business IT equipment was resold for private use. What institutions do this? Do you have to go through a third party reseller?

Attached: 1550789884659.jpg (767x719, 69K)

been reading the Steins;Gate VN, it's top comfy. is there anything else similar?

Attached: 220px-Steins;Gate_cover_art.jpg (220x315, 19K)

How would I imagine it to be? I don't have a romantic idea of the place. I've only spent a few days in Dublin but every summer my city is filled with drunk Irish on work visas and the women are caked up with makeup. Disappointingly similar to Americans. I know there's a housing crisis there but I'm wondering about rural areas.

Anyway I wasn't expecting a warm reception.
But let me tell you about my gay housemate in San Francisco who moved to Dublin. He said the Irish haven't learned how to be gay yet and they blame Brazilians for introducing hypersexual gay culture.

So if you're aware that Dublin is basically just a shittier American micro state why do you want to move? There's basically no work outside of the big cities other than agriculture and it's not easy to integrate into rural irish communities

>I've only spent a few days in Dublin but every summer my city is filled with drunk Irish on work visas and the women are caked up with makeup.
That checks out. Welcome aboard.

>I know there's a housing crisis there but I'm wondering about rural areas.
Depends on the area. And remember that 100km in the USA and 100km in Ireland are not the same, so it's not like you can (easily) live in Galway and work in Dublin or something.

>He said the Irish haven't learned how to be gay yet and they blame Brazilians for introducing hypersexual gay culture.
This is news to me. We legalised gay marriage and everything.

>There's basically no work outside of the big cities other than agriculture
Don't propagate Dub myths, otherwise they just becpme self-fulfilling prophecies.

Last paragraph meant for:

i want a thread with more shitposting and less grammar like /gsg/ (or /v2g/ now i spose) but that has the unfortunate side effect of us really becoming the same as /brit/ with gaeilge in the op
i ask the holy lord jesus for guidance in my journey amen

Attached: 1527351221351.png (1349x767, 114K)

>i want a thread with more shitposting and less grammar like /gsg/
Less grammar? What sort of bizarre demand is that?

Attached: 1534471989266.jpg (2033x3177, 532K)

grammar is reddit

I don't recall eire being this dead in the past.
The old posters must have grown up and are now living happy lives with their families.

I was told that universities resell their old desktops, or sell them on to a third party. UL was dumping a bunch of PC's last year, and I knew people who just took them (they had them outside in cages) but they really weren't worth taking.
I am not sure what third party sells them in Ireland. but there is plenty of sellers in the UK selling decent dell optiplex computers. Just google search.

Not planning to move there but Dublin seems far nicer than most of our cities. Obviously based off very little but people were kind compared to rest of Europe, or at least weren't up their own asses. Met with an Irish friend of a friend there who commented on how it can be dirty and diverse and I found that absurd in comparison to here. And I was looking at Ireland because I can move/work in EU but only speak English. England is way too full.

But genuine thanks for your insight. Typically it's sugar coated "everyone's welcome diversity is our strength" stuff. My relative has family in rural Ireland that he visits (might meet them) and he said it's a hard life.

This guy was a hyperprogressive San Francisco type so I'm sure comparatively gay people are pretty tame. And he liked to call out racism and white people. Everywhere must become enlightened like us

>but Dublin seems far nicer than most of our cities
Considering there was yet another shooting today, it's not far off.

rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2019/0531/1052825-tiananmen-square-anniversary/

Attached: 1515683148964.jpg (404x435, 35K)

>those photos I've been seeing all over the internet for the past few days were acquired by an Irish journalist
Pretty cool desu.

Jaysus where does the time go at all

/éire/'s trip to Tiananmen Square was poorly timed in retrospect.

These pictures look quite fake to me.

Attached: 1552407739618.jpg (1280x853, 450K)

>Virgin Media One isn't HD on saorview.
What fucking year is this?

>watching VM1
Well there's your mistake.

You watching the game as well?

What game?

The fucking champions league final lol

Yeah Hoping for an 8 goal thriller.
>Not watching one of the world's biggest events
We live in a society. I do my bit.

>soccer
Why should I care about two English clubs playing a game in France?

Because everyone else is. Hundreds of millions of people around the world. It doesn't matter who is playing. This is one of the few shared experiences we have. Truly Jow Forumsernational.

>Look at how different I am guise!
Cringe

>Want to get a cheap desktop and then lob a graphics card into it.
What CPU and how much RAM would it have?

AFAIK it sounds like an okay idea depending on how much of a "steal" it is.

>Because everyone else is
I hope this is sarcasm, because "following the crowd" is an incredibly shitty reason to do anything.

It's not about wanting to be different. it's about not wanting to be a West Brit (and soccer is incredibly boring as a sport).

the virgin media
the chad who doesn't watch TV

Attached: 1547545516640.png (329x304, 147K)

Alright then in a west Brit, so fucking what

As long as you admit it, then that's perfectly fine.

Depends on what you define as a west brit.

I was thinking something like this:
ebay.ie/itm/Dell-Optiplex-7010-SFF-PC-Intel-Core-i7-3770-3-4GHz-8GB-500GB-HDD-DVD-WIN-10/283484698414?hash=item420101372e:g:u3gAAOSwBbdcytgE

And then buying a half decent used graphics card for 50-120 euro.

Would this work?

It's not following the crowd. It's about the pleasure of being part of a crowd, and having a shared experience. It helps that enjoy watching soccer, and am invested in the lore.

>It's not following the crowd. It's about the pleasure of being part of a crowd, and having a shared experience
That would be true if European soccer wasn't the most cynical, money-driven sport this side of the NFL.Soccer fans are seen by the clubs as customers, not supporters.

How do you feel about Paul Kingsnorth moving to your country
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_s8Vo00Xug

displeased at the actual conversation going on in this thread

That looks good. It depends what your budget is as to whether it's a great deal or false economy, because it seems to be a very good price for what's contained in the deal. However, I was wondering what your graphics card was. If you haven't bought it yet that's interesting, because it seems to me based on the CPU in that computer it's the graphics card that will be the bottleneck. So you have to hunt now for a graphics card.

Use this site to judge which component is better
cpu.userbenchmark.com/

How or where did you get the idea to buy second hand work computers? How do you know who's trustworthy, and what will you do to make sure you set up your own OS/whatever else on it with a truly clean slate?

>work out a lot
>get pretty strong and muscular
>ruin it by eating lots of ice cream and fry-ups and drinking lots of fizzy drinks

Attached: 1518994144645.png (280x200, 26K)

That's true, but it's beside the point. It may be cynical, and money driven, but it's still a good experience.
If you want passion, stick to GAA, or the lower leagues.
Have to find the good in things user, before it's too late.

Oh, and another thing is you may still want to consider switching the case - it might not fit the graphics card, and the airflow might not be good enough even if it does.

>Have to find the good in things user, before it's too late.
It's already too late for me. Good post though.

Attached: 1535521334764.gif (500x618, 832K)

Cheers. I haven't bought a graphics card yet. I was going to buy the desktop first, and then get one that's compatible.
I think I got the idea by watching people on YouTube who build insanely cheap gaming PC's by using the same method.
The suppliers seem trustworthy, if reviews are anything to go by. Don't know what I will do about an OS, just assumed it wasn't that hard to boot a pirated version of windows to a PC, but maybe I am wrong?

Have you built PC's before?

>12 killed in mass shooting in Virginia
OH COUNTRY ROADS TAKE ME HOME

Give up the sugar user. Not good for you. You are better than this.

There was something oddly relieving about hearing it was a disgruntled worker, and not "mentally ill loner" or "Islamic terrorist".

Guns don't kill people, nutjobs do

never heard of it

Link to any good youtubers who do this?
I've never built a PC before but I'm doing the groundwork in researching how to do it before I intend to do it (maybe the end of this year).

I did google the particular desktop you linked. It's "small form factor", which is probably a bad thing for a gaming PC, especially if it wasn't originally meant for gaming. It's got an i7 though, which is basically strong enough for most gaming, even if that one is the 2012 model. There's plenty of videos of it with the second-most recent graphics card playing everything from 2018 at 60fps, and that's just what I got from googling "i7 3770 in 2019".
I think the thing with CPUs is that raw power is more of a thing that holds up rather than modernity. Overclocking also lets CPUs choke out some more raw strength, but you wouldn't be able to do that in a small form factor case with fans that weren't built for holding a gaming card, let alone overclocking. So maybe consider buying something like that if you think you can transplant it into a bigger case with better fans.

Graphics card-wise I don't think you can get away with a 2012 era card. The other thing is that cards are also in demand for coin mining, so it'll be harder to find deals. They are changing the generation of the cards at the minute, so there might be people offloading their old ones. 1000s and 900s are the ones that are still somewhat current, but it's still best to buy more modern than older, because it seems to me that in GPUs staying up to date matters much more than CPUs. You can count the years they'll last based on how far they are from the current generation.
Look around and if you see a model in your price range compare it to what's current.

I don't know anything about how to change OS's, or what to do to be 100% safe when buying secondhand.

This guy does a lot of Cheap PC builds, using second hand PC's from ebay.
youtube.com/channel/UCsgnjvCvJZgAdSMMRG_j0cw/videos

Think that's West Virginia...

I'm a handicap.

Attached: __natsuki_doki_doki_literature_club_drawn_by_kokomi_aniesuakkaman__eb6047252b592cb105a18f2081a7f5de. (500x500, 215K)

Whats your handicap lad?

Thanks, but that seems to be more meme builds? Playing minecraft on a frying pan?

A handicap with dubs :)
Jks

At least you got dubs and a decent taste in best girls.

>Playing minecraft on a frying pan?
This is the optimal way to play Minecraft.

Made another thread and didn't realise there was this one up.
Jks stands for just kill (ur)self
No idea who this grill even is. I've probably seen the anime she's from though I just forget.

Attached: 184584.jpg (867x652, 56K)

A lot of them are. I think he has a few more
realistic builds too, if you dig a little
Those your qualms about it being a false economy stem from the assumption that if was cheaper to buy a used desktop, than buy the constituent parts, then the seller would just sell the parts instead?

No that's kys lol. I was only joking with you mate.

Attached: 1550690301250.jpg (4404x2304, 680K)

Just Kill Yourself, mate.

Attached: __angelic_buster_maplestory_drawn_by_benika__f2fd31ba330c488d9b1df3097fe9b23c.jpg (1174x850, 71K)

Attached: 1558228687641.jpg (4217x2346, 806K)

Why has this pic been doing the rounds so much lately?

Attached: 1535852351858.png (586x673, 375K)

feminoid consumerist brain-rot culture laughing at male vulnerability in exhortation to worship mammon

racism fucks me right off lads

it implies that the males in question don't have company over to necessitate having furniture that accommodates more than one person and only plays video games by himself

And why does that concern other people? Have the left not been telling us for years that what one does in the confines of their home is nobody's business but their own?

Nah I'll stick around just to piss you off :)

it's just another way for f*moids to shame males
it doesn't matter whether they're out in the streets trying to get laid or minding their own business in the comfort of their living quarters

well lads

Well. And what did you do today?

Attached: 1540905671770.jpg (800x1131, 262K)

Because men are stupid and dumb neanthertals and gamers are especially brain broke manchildren and live in autistic little rooms like this because theyre addicted to their shitty little entertainment media consumption box.
Why dont you let me suck your dick instead shithead.

Attached: zQ7YaLl.jpg (950x1024, 162K)

>Because men are stupid and dumb neanthertals and gamers are especially brain broke manchildren and live in autistic little rooms like this because theyre addicted to their shitty little entertainment media consumption box.
But what's the alternative if you live alone? Buying a whole of shit that you will never use and just clutters up the place?

>Guys want to suck my dick but never girls
Arghhhhhh

Attached: 1547976582511.jpg (970x545, 58K)

fuck all

Computer lad still in?

Turning a bit mad lately.

Attached: DwC0_IbUcAE1j0M.png (1448x2048, 2.35M)

Some might say that we inhabit a world that possesses jester-like characteristics.

how so?

Attached: 1546118771816.png (876x524, 498K)

Fuck off.
Just am.
Bit of a wreck. Dangerous thoughts.
Getting a bit big for me boots.
Might just go batshit and run away into some forest

>Dangerous thoughts.
such as?

Attached: 1552604736193.gif (400x406, 505K)

If I told you it would only get added to my long list the garrda internet crime team that browse this thread keep on me.

Attached: DyCO1m_UUAEhCss.png (991x1400, 1.52M)

I think the Gardaí are just coming here for the anime pics at this stage. /éire/ is no longer the nexus of internet villainy that it once was.

Attached: 1544494215232.jpg (1642x1080, 125K)

I want out. I want away from society. I'm done. I wanna quit and live alone and not have to deal with day to day living.

Do you want to isolate yourself from society or harm society?

Attached: 1554193531001.jpg (649x641, 34K)

Bit of both desu.
Just like the unabomber.

I feel the same way desu lad
some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets

Attached: 1544340051764.png (910x766, 546K)

I'm eagerly awaiting the day things collapse.
Next war when?
Us all getting incinerated?
Can't wait.