Why does the Social Credit System get so much flak?

Why does the Social Credit System get so much flak?
What's the difference between it and American style twitter lynching? Your social life is over if you don't conform all the same. In fact, you can still recover in the chinese system.

Attached: scs.png (650x433, 622K)

me on the right

I have a couple of friends who came back from china after studying there for a few years, from what i hear the credit system is more of a carrot then a stick, very rarely will someones credit will take damage to make showcase how badly the government can fuck you over if they wanted to, but they dont, so be good.
Most of the positive things that a citizen can '''achieve''' by having high credit should already be given to all citizens because it is a sign of a government working correctly, low credit loans, cheaper public transport, dont have to wait in lines in hospitals etc.
And if you are a foreigner, your credit score cap is automatically decreased by the government so you are forever barred from the highest echelons of the system even if you work and die for the communist party, you are essentially labeled as an unwanted.
The credit system is also implemented on a horrible way, if your credit score is low enough the government will showcase your name, picture and even personal info like WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE on public billboards everywhere with a big red fucking arrow going ''dont be like this fucker'' 24/7.

Its a way of oppressing the people while giving them the carrot, showered with free easy credit points make them happy with the communist government while those ''''points'''' they gain means essentially nothing.
Cuck points for the party.

sounds horrible desu

>ha ha, those savage chinks are living in an authoritarian, un-free society. What a bunch of losers!
*loses job because of a lighthearted joke about women he posted on FB seven months ago*

dystopian, I know a guy who is a student in shanghai right now, he seems to like it there, the smog must have rotten his brain

>What's the difference between it and American style twitter lynching?
Have you tried actually looking at the consequences of a lower social credit score in China? You can't even buy a fucking train ticket. Why shill for this shit Italy?

Maybe he likes the cyberpunk life

Attached: chicago cyberpunk.jpg (960x1200, 192K)

It is a way to build trust in the chinese society.
The west is mad because it is a way of doing it without powerful tribunals.

There's a difference between losing a job at one specific private company and being punished nationwide in most every social service available by government sanction.

You can choose to not have a Twitter account

A lot of the shitty laws don't apply to foreigners. Foreigners could waltz in their university dorm at any hour and no one would bat an eye. The Chinese had to be inside before 11PM or they bolted the door and that meant spending the night at the non-stop McDonalds. Pudong district in Shanghai has some places with facebook, google and all that stuff unblocked so that foreign companies can operate more easily.

>ThErE iS a DiFfErEnCe

Attached: 1516004397439.jpg (988x1059, 148K)

And you think that's not coming why? If ISP can take down a website because just enough loud people protested against it, why wouldn't the same happen irl for train ticket? The difference is only that one is a click away. As soon as the same will be possible irl for trains it will happen

No one's going to hire you because of your eternal virtual social debit

You can't choose not to be posted by someone else

I wonder how it feels to be free in turbo-authoritarian shithole of a dystopy where everyone else is a drone

>Social Credit System
The proper name for it is 1000 Points of Light. Maybe you should research that instead of asking rhetorical questions. Sadly, fools welcome the 1000 Points of Light, especially in China. Absolute fools.

They stare at you a lot. Some take pictures. Foreigners had bathrooms with a shower and toilet in their dorm rooms while the Chinese students had a bathing schedule and communal toilets. Some even just squatting toilets. The Chinese couldn't just shower when they wanted at the university. Foreigners also get jobs thrown at them. Shit like modeling, film extras or teaching English can make you lot of money.

Websites are hosted by companies, who themselves take them down. There are always options in the market system. It will never happen with trains, or car dealerships, or any kind of store, etc. because any implementation of such a system would be market suicide. No one is going to go to a place that requires a background check for a basic service in society when they could just go to another competing location that doesn't do such an absurd thing.
This is not even getting into government involvement. I'd really like to know what's going through your mind that you honestly believe at some point soon in the US the government is going to say set up a system where every car dealership has to use a government service to run a background check on everyone wanting to buy a car and everyone deemed undesirable will be barred. Or who is even going to get elected to propose such a system and the funding for it, which would probably come out of tax dollars and costs billions to maintain. It's completely fucking absurd.

Attached: 1549801809678.png (320x353, 82K)

this picture is pretty kino tbqh

if you have low social credit rating you cannot have a government job.
And in a centralized communist government like china, most jobs are government

Are trains and car public services in america? I really doubt it. And even then, I'm pretty sure it was actually a news recently that american airline companies can access face scans from the gov database

Meritocracies only bring further down the quality of life. Everyone starts making a big effort to not lose points in the arbitrarily defined system, they raise the bar and make it much more difficult to just fucking live.

What's the issue? Chinas culture is different then yours therefore they have different morals and values so they dont need some shitty western way of life. I'm planning on moving there myself

>American style
Rent free.

Do any of you kiddies realize that america and many other western countries have something extremely similar to social credit?

Attached: credit score342.png (994x475, 91K)

Go back to your hive, insectoid shill