Inflation

Can somebody explain inflation to me? I'm looking up 10k with an average inflation rate of 3% for 10 years. It says the money will be worth around 13.5k. I thought inflation devalued currency?

Attached: 1532114503895.png (568x681, 374K)

you fucking retard. the absolute state of biz jesus fucking h christ.

its saying that 10k now will have the equivalent purchasing power of 13.5k in 10 years.

Mamma mia...

Attached: 1518024789505.png (215x235, 9K)

Go back to school

is this satire?

pretty much everything I buy is the same price it was 20 years ago if not a hell of alot cheaper

I hope so...

Can't explain something as easy as inflation for OP kek

Attached: TB_GIF060918.gif (500x207, 3.06M)

>deflate him

Attached: 20180310_042449.png (1080x744, 804K)

your 10k now will be worth 7k in 10 years if you just kept it in cash because everything will have got 3% more expensive year on year.

Grug don't understand rock inflation. Grug told by long nose tribe shaman that rock go up.
Grug throw rock at pond and it don't float. Grug think long nose tribe shaman lied.
Grug angry.

Attached: oogabooga.jpg (800x450, 35K)

This is where I'm confused inflation is suppose to devalue the currency, so why is value increased to 13.5k?

bro wtf.... when they print more FIAT ur FIAT loses value.. gold wouldnt be valuable if it was as common as sand right? get it nigger?

so i think u misinterpreted 10k = 13.5k in 10 years
>if you hold 10k gold and the gold price stands still you would have gold worth = 13,5k in 10 years because they printed more dollars

Yeah that makes sense, so why the fuck do these inflation calculators add money to the starting total after 10 years of inflation?

Probably to be interpreted as 13k then will be the equivalent of 10k now.

Then that would mean the value of my money has increased. That is the opposite of what inflation is suppose to do

What calculator are you talking about?

But I guess it means that your 10k now will be worth 13.5k in 10 years, but you'll still have your 10k in 10 years so you're screwed, get it?

If you want to buy an apple for $10 now, you'd need $13.5 to buy that same apple in 10 years; meaning your initial $10 wouldn't be enough to purchase the same item

Ahhhh okay that's what wasn't clicking. Literally had me thinking I didn't know wtf inflation was lmao

>Then that would mean the value of my money has increased
wew lad

Stop being a potato.

If 10k has the purchasing power of 13.5k in 10 years then my moneys value has increased. That is what he said.

You multiply by 0.97 not 1.03 you fucking schmuck

13,5k in ten years will have the purchasing power of 10k today. Means than in the future you actually need more physical money to buy something you would buy today for less, because in the future your money has less value.

I assume you're from america.
Dollars has a certain value compared to other currencies of the world decides by your gpd, gross national product. import and export.
Another thing USA has is a massive fucking foreign debt, which grows ever larger every year.
And some time ago federal reserve printed 4 trillion /that is 4000 billion/ dollars just so they could stave off the national debt from rising.
And all that money that got printed? that is not real wealth. it is just green paper. the productivity of america is still the same but there are more and more dollars than there was before.
Which means inflation. Value of paper money goes down, value of property goes up. Your dollars will buy less and less shit as inflation goes up. And property value will go up.
Also stop thinking about 10 years in the future. you may think you will live a comfy life in 10 years if you trade it right, you won't. You will be old and miserable, you will miss your youth, all the opportunities that were open for you. Right now it is not too late to turn your life around. Crypto is a fucking chinkscam trying to fuck over the jews.
Also the US national debt i i mentioned earlier? they're given out in government bonds mostly. and i think you can guess (((who))) holds those and by proxy the economy of your entire country.

Deflation would work that way

Interesting. If enough americans bought crypto and avoided taxes would the government company implode?

Last time enough americans bought crypto this happened.
You're only feeding the chinks, terrorists and black market traders by buying crypto

Attached: oof.png (862x432, 665K)

i'll leave you with a simple tip; if you have money saved up - always seek to invest them in something that gives a higher return than the inflation. Or else ((they)) are stealing ur wealth

>he didn't invest in Zimbabwebux before the moon mission

Attached: laughing-girls-1791357.jpg (800x532, 74K)

Inflation is an increase in the price level. A hundred dollar bill is always going to be a hundred dollar bill. But one decade a hundred dollars can buy you a hundred cartons of eggs at $1 each. The next decade, the price might rise to $2 each, so you can only buy 50 cartons of eggs.

Inflation does not necessarily devalue currency in regards to exchange rates. It is just a decrease in the purchasing power of the dollar.

>I'm looking up 10k with an average inflation rate of 3% for 10 years. It says the money will be worth around 13.5k. I thought inflation devalued currency?
I think you're thinking of interest rates. $10k with 3% interest rates comes out to $13,439.16 after 10 years.

Your purchasing power how decreased you clown holy shit

Attached: 1533309332365.jpg (500x322, 20K)