Obesity

Okay so I have a legit doubt.

I know the USA, Mexico and the UK are the most obese countries in the world. But how come pic related's type.of obesity is almost exclusive to the US. Is there something in their diet that makes their obese so morbid? Is the corn syrup meme real?

A live in Mexico and I'd say probably 40-50% of people you see re overweight or obese but I have never seen a person this fat.

TL;DR why is this level of morbidity almost exclusive to the US if other countries have also a big % of obese people.

Attached: images (16).jpg (480x360, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/07/18/486051480/we-subsidize-crops-we-should-eat-less-of-does-this-fatten-us-up
cato.org/publications/tax-budget-bulletin/reforming-federal-farm-policies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because we're the only country free enough to support it. Europeans talk a lot of shit about healthcare but can't even support millions of mobility scooter-bound jabba the huts.

HFCS

That's literally the only reason. It's an intrinsic part of America's """""food""""" (((industry))), but doesn't really exist in other countries.

>OOGA BOOGA MAGIC CORN JUICE

Cringe

I see skinny lanklets drink coca cola with hfcs all day.

food is cheap here and people have retarded ideas on nutrition and fitness, HFCS is a meme because ultimately the blame lies on the fatty themselves for eating too many calories and any product with HFCS can be found without that shit in it

Do you think it's possible to change the 'the bigger the better' culture. I mean McDonald's here serves like a 1.5 liter drink with your meal (almost half a gallon) and I have never finished it. Like, why would anyone need that much coca cola.

Government subsidies make sugar and fat cheap.

/thread

Can you elaborate? Sounds interesting.

I think it would be difficult without government placing heavy restrictions for fast food restaurants, grocery stores, or some sort of fat tax. The corporations and companies could make changes too, but without all of them doing the same it will just make the fatties drive to the few with the large portions or free refills etc.

Their families don't care. In a good family, you start getting really fat and Mom/your gf/whatever says you have a problem. In a "shame free" household, you get fat, they say it's fine, this causes a loop where everyone gets fatter. I've never seen an ultra huge person who lived alone.

>most obese countries in the world
not anymore

Attached: MenObese_small.jpg (700x320, 45K)

no i'd rather they have to pay extra for healthcare. Cheap food makes bulking easy and keeps my budget happy.

Damn, Anglo squad shaking the world

yea there is usually some enabler.

Is this really a common sight in America?

also you could say it is an educational issue, but in my time through the public k-12 system we had plenty of health and phys ed classes that went over how daily exercise, even if just walking, is good for you and nutritional labels, join sports clubs, get active, etc that should be a good starting point for anyone, although this is from a more recent perspective as I only graduated high school four years ago and maybe the earlier generations werent as well informed/educated on the matters, but i feel as though the health push is getting stronger and stronger which will be good for the future. Almost all restaurants and groceries will have nutritional labels or online info about the shit as well. I dont really blame those that may be fat as a kid because maybe their parents feed them too much, but once you are 25 if you are still obese and not currently losing weight then it is hard to believe you are even trying to get healthy.
Lastly, one thing that is certainly different between the USA and other countries is the top sport. In most countries soccer is the #1 sport or a top contender, in the USA football is the #1 sport, although I believe basketball may have taken it over recently. Just by comparing the size of an average pro football player vs pro soccer player you can see that soccer is more an endurance sport vs football being a more strength sport, for cardio it relies more on short bursts of speed and power. Hell 5 to 9 players of the 22 players on the football fields main job is to just be big and block or be big and stand against blockers. Most OLineman that have any chance of going to college or pro must be 280lb+ and 6'1+, some being up to 400lbs and 6'8 i believe. Dlineman are large as well but typically smaller and more quick or agile but still technically obese. This idea of being the big strong guy trickles down to kids and makes them want to be large even if athletic and agile, where as soccer inspires a more slim build

Not that common, but more common than it should be. If you go into a Walmart there is a good chance you will see at least 1 hambeast

>But how come pic related's type.of obesity is almost exclusive to the US
having to use a picture of a non-american doesn't help your case.

Large portions+HFCS+sugar+sedentary lifestyles+cheap shitty food+retarded ideas about how meals should be eaten fast or on the go

it could be part of it
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/07/18/486051480/we-subsidize-crops-we-should-eat-less-of-does-this-fatten-us-up
There are other articles from somewhat biased sources like the Cato Institute: cato.org/publications/tax-budget-bulletin/reforming-federal-farm-policies

>Epidemiological research has suggested that the increase in metabolic disorders such as obesity and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is linked to increased consumption of sugars and/or calories in general and not due to any special effect of HFCS.[17][42][43] A 2014 systematic review found little evidence for an association between HFCS consumption and liver diseases, enzyme levels or fat content.[44] A 2012 review found that fructose did not appear to cause weight gain when it replaced other carbohydrates in diets with similar calories.[45]

I only see them at Walmart and similar places. I don't know where they lurk the rest of the time.

This. HFCS is just an excuse fatties push to blame anybody but themselves