How can a country fix the skyrocketing housing prices problem, Jow Forums?

How can a country fix the skyrocketing housing prices problem, Jow Forums?

Attached: images - 2019-06-07T201322.935.jpg (420x304, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seek.com.au/jobs/in-Mudgee-NSW-2850
yourmortgage.com.au/calculators/how-much-can-i-borrow/result/
seek.com.au/jobs/in-Mudgee-NSW-2850/full-time
tradingeconomics.com/australia/full-time-employment
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

massive genocide of population

here they could deport the chinese and make them pay taxes on their gains. force people to sell "investment" homes too would help.

Tell the FMI to fuck off. Worked for Ceaucescu

skyrocketing housing prices isn't a problem for most countries though. i would only consider it a problem is places that are land locked like HK, monaco, singapore, macau etc.

Here it's Europeans buying houses for vacations, mainly Nordics and Germans so I don't think you would fix your problem

It's a worldwide problem. Houses are becoming expensive for the average wageslave anywhere

Kill all boomers, desu.

government redistribution

only in major urban areas because they are attractive locations with good infrastructure. there is plenty of space in most countries to have homes. but people want homes where the good jobs are and it becomes hyper competitive. build more homes to house more people in the major urban areas, those that can't afford it will be forced out to the cheaper areas. it's really the only solution in my opinion. everything else requires the government to offer subsidies to people who refuse to move or hinders economic growth. ideologically im opposed to having taxpayers subsidize people who can't afford to live in a given area.

Houses in Brazil are very cheap, my uncle bought two houses in Brazil for the price of one house here.

This isn't really reflective of housing in Australia, at least. We have absolute shitloads of land but land is stupidly expensive, local governments refuse to zone more land for housing aside to wealthy developers and it isn't a matter of good jobs or infrastructure, it's a matter of jobs, period, and infrastructure.
Australia is a prime example of decades of legislative policies geared towards enriching wealthy homeowners and landlords, who are not boomers, alongside aggressively privatisation and an unwillingness to spend the money on infrastructure projects beyond the large established urban areas.
"cheaper areas" simple don't exist anymore.

>who are not
who are now*

there are jobs outside of major urban areas, they may not be the ones you were trained to take, but they exist. people need to balance cost of living expenses. taking a lower paying job in a area with cheaper housing leaves more money in your pocket. Australia is huge, are you certain there are no rural or suburban areas that is affordable to your $18.93 minimum wage?

Build up new cities

Ban and crack down HARD on Chinese investment in our real estate. Nationalize all property currently owned by Chinese investors/money launderers.

throw rocks at rich people and take back the means of production

>there are jobs outside of major urban areas, they may not be the ones you were trained to take, but they exist.
Not in Australia.

>Australia is huge, are you certain there are no rural or suburban areas that is affordable to your $18.93 minimum wage?
We have suburban hubs which make up the smaller townships and "cities" in rural areas. There is no work outside of these areas. Truly rural industry work is either family run or corporate owned and hard to get into.
What people don't truly seem to understand about Australia is that it has a high living cost and sky high rent prices compared to other developed countries.
People who cite our "high" minimum wages also fail to understand that on average 65% of our wages go straight to rent. Boomers have made this a norm we are expected to accept, since they largely control the rent market. Gen-Y/Millennials may have a record high percentage of renters compared to older generations but the "zoomers" are going to see renting as the standard and home ownership not even something realistic to strive for, outside of kids born into wealth and privileged.

i find it extremely hard to believe that there are 'no jobs' in australia outside of rhte major urban areas

>>seek.com.au/jobs/in-Mudgee-NSW-2850

in a town of 10k people

/8 Fleetwood Avenue, Mudgee, NSW 2850

>>yourmortgage.com.au/calculators/how-much-can-i-borrow/result/

bank will loan you 225k based on 5% interest with no down payment included on a minimum wage.

Kill all the landlords

don't be poor

You were wrong in 1871, you were wrong in 1968, and you're wrong now.

based

Attached: mao-zedong-31.jpg (900x750, 89K)

It's not like theres literally no jobs, its that theres fuck all jobs compared to the population. So its hard as shit to get one and it'll be 10-15 hours a week probably if you do manage to get one at the 1 woolworths in the town.
Only industry is farming and you need to have grown up on a farm from a young age/have connections to work there. All the shit kicker work is done by back packers and islanders because they can be paid and work in legally dubious conditions.
Living rural is the absolute pits. Everybody is either an alcoholic or druggo.

We literally subsidies investment properties. You get a tax break for any losses you make up keeping it while the asset goes up 10-30k a year every year.

what you mean 'fuck all jobs compared to the population?' the population doesn't matter. is there a job or is there not a job being offered? and obviously there are jobs being offered outside of major urban areas.

>>seek.com.au/jobs/in-Mudgee-NSW-2850/full-time

here, still plenty of jobs being offered at full time that isn't farm related.

i get that this place isn't Sydney or any other desirable location but that's the reality of peoples situation. if you can't make it in an expensive consider moving. that's life. you have to balance expectations with what you can afford. the idea that there are no jobs outside cities and no affordable homes is completely untrue. the reality is this, people don't want to live in rural bumfuck all area's. they want to live in the nice cities with good infrastructure and all the cool shit. but those places are expensive.

>population doesn't matter
I mean it kind of fucking does considering labour is a commodity and all. Minimum wage is a band aid, and a decent one, but its still the market.
I don't even like big cities but when every single house is leveraged to b multiple times its actual value in a bubble to prop up the upper middle class so that even a house in a shithole with half the wages if you do get a job after months is still 250k+, yeah might be a good idea to fix it. Before it collapses and takes the rest of the economy with it because Gen Xers buy less pizza and polo shirts from kmart and we realise we've pretty much put all our investment money into a meme bubble rather than something productive.

the population doesn't matter in the sense that is a job being offered or not? be it a million people or 10k, a job is still being offered. the minimum is the floor and even with the minimum a home in Mudgee is affordable. real estate adds a lot of money to the economy from legal. insurance, construction, notary, engineering, retail etc etc. that's what most advanced countries are, service economies.

our governments "own" all land so we should start with killing politicians

I might be wrong now, but you'll be dead tomorrow

Housing prices will never go down significantly because the upper class and middle class boomers would throw an absolute hissy fit.

The best we can hope for is that they taper off and stop increasing, but even that will cause boomers and richfags to crybaby because they all dump their money their as a safe investment.

Attached: 61950649_2507819985935163_7256740961949057024_n.jpg (530x530, 21K)

He probably bought land.
Because houses in cities are expensive as fuck.

Unless he bought a house in the countryside.

If only something bad were to happen to those boomers...

because the amount of effort it would require to get the job could be used to get a much better one in the city and just live in the suburbs anyway and we're back to where we started

Like cable going out or their pensions being paid in experience.

the amount of effort to show up to a job interview? are you serious? if you can get a better job in the city and live in the suburbs that is affordable, what the fuck are you complaining about? the whole 'rural jobs and affordability' was to illustrate that there are jobs outside major urban areas and there are affordable homes. now that you claim it's right there in suburbia close to major urban areas, what exactly are you complaining about? the inability to live directly in the major urban areas?

Solution is relatively simple.

Attached: index.png (194x259, 5K)

How old are you?
In my experience with those jobs its about a 1/30 you'll get the interview. 1/3 you'll get an automated email telling you to fuck off.
The market is the market and you an choose to be worse off living in some shithole or paying too much rent but either way you're living a materially worse life than your parents because house prices are artificially inflated.
And i want house prices to be not artificially inflated. So money gets put into productive shit so there are more jobs and the cost of living goes down.

>f you can get a better job in the city and live in the suburbs that is affordable, what the fuck are you complaining about?
The commute. I'd accept a lower paying job closer to the place I live because a 40 hours a week job with 3 hours of commute both ways turns into a 55 hours a week job where you get paid only for 40.

I don't know. Small apartments cost at least 120k USD in my area while average wage is around 400-450 usd kek. How can a wagecuck even afford a house?

37. in your experience maybe you have lackluster resume? the point still stands. jobs are available even in rural areas with population of 10k and with affordable housing.

your idea that if prices are out of your reach, they are 'artificial', that's not the case here. the price reflects the market realities between buyer and seller. money gets put into more productive shit? like what? your economy is mostly service industry like the rest of us and is dependent on commercial services. lawyers, engineers, teachers, waiters etc etc etc are not worthwhile and unproductive jobs?

right, that makes sense if you want more personal time for yourself. but if you value having more money in your pocket, it might be a good idea to take a lower paying job further away with a lower cost of living. circumstances will vary.

They don't want to do this because reasons

/thread

Because we have negative gearing for prices so investment properties are subsidised and foreign investors which are only there because prices keep going up. As well as high immigration artificially growing the population.
It's not natural for houses to go up 30-40k a year.
And thats not how the job market works anymore. If they have a job and offer it there'll be 30-10o people at the very least applying for it. They pick random people to look into. Thats why it takes months to get a minimum wage part time job. It's not just me. Everybody i know its the same thing. My mum has never had trouble getting a job in her life but now she does.
Money into actual business. Services. Exports. Anything but being pumped into a bubble which has already started bursting.

Build more houses, simple as

unemployment rates in Australia is at 5.2%, some of the lowest it's ever been since 1980, when records were kept. are you telling me people aren't finding jobs? in the last year there was a net gain of 248k full time positions vs 74k part time jobs created.

>>tradingeconomics.com/australia/full-time-employment

businesses rely on real estate. where do you think the engineers are working on or the insurance brokers and construction workers? landscapers, notaries, legal services etc etc? real estate supports a lot of these ' actual businesses'.

regardless of negative gearing, the fundamental principle is that there must be a buyer and seller. even if you were able to leverage investment properties, you'd still need to find a buyer. the buyers offer can only be as much as they can afford, regardless of how leveraged the seller is.

When you factor in extra fuel burnt, extra wear and tear on car, tax on higher income, you're not richer.

like i said, your milage will vary between where you currently live and where the next closet rural area is. also, you can live where you work in the rural area instead of commuting back and forth. inputting the minimum wage into a affordability. tax on minimum wage for Australia, 36,914 a year is only 3,555

1) Limit sales of property to foreigners.
2) Give people credit that they can actually afford, not huge sums that will leave no breathing room in the event of interest rate increases. Fewer repossessions mean fewer auctions where houses are bought up in bulk by cabals.

Problem solved.

Build commieblocks everywhere. It's pathetic how your average young american has a lower standard of living than your average soviet citizen.

Attached: soviet housing13.jpg (1632x1224, 1.04M)