Why do Americans hate cursive?

Why do Americans hate cursive?

Attached: 1536576816988.png (640x380, 81K)

>can't use it when filling out official documents
>can't use it when writing an address on a letter

What is it good for? Grocery lists?

signatures

nobody does signatures seriously anymore

i do

>his signature is not a random scribble that has fuck-all to do with his actual name

The fuck now?

Attached: 1546263885661.png (500x576, 239K)

boomer

Firsturds can't into cursive.

Because its totally worthless, obviously. You can't do anything with it except impress boomers (something you can also do by helping them "fix the computer"). Big wupp

>Why do Americans hate cursive?
Nobody gives a shit about outside of signatures, because it's a pain in the ass and is harder to read. If you had an actually productive economy instead of 12-hour siestas, maybe you'd understand.

not i

based. i do smiley faces sometimes

what do you guys use then? besides cursive, i mean
let me see ur handwritting

It developes motor skills and supports learning in a holistic manner.

>what do you guys use then?
Print? You know what print is right
>let me see ur handwritting
No, not going through the rigamaroo

i wanna learn ur ways
how do you make the r?

longest sentence I've handwritten in years

Attached: 20190607_190245.jpg (3264x2448, 2.82M)

dope
i like it

Aww cute handwriting

why wouldn't you be able to use it for documents or addresses? Is your cursive that illegible?

>because it's a pain in the ass and is harder to read
imagine being this much of a writelet

You read with your wrists down in lost-to-the-bongs-land?

It's absolutely pointless

In the internet era cursive is only really useful for signing signatures on official documents. Why would you care beyond that?

>>his signature is not a random scribble that has fuck-all to do with his actual name
My first name starts with a 'D' and the last with a 'W'. When I sign anything I make an upper case cursive 'D' and then scribble a bunch, and that's it.

Attached: slide_1.jpg (912x123, 22K)

Official documents like taxes require you to use print form, you wouldn't know of course

We were forced to use cursive for ALL writing between 2nd and 4th grade.

Which means I never developed normal writing skills until after, and now my handwriting is garbage. And I NEVER use cursive. And because I never use cursive, my skills with cursive have degraded also. So it's just a fucking pile of shit

try to practice it as a hobby, just write whatever in whatever paper you get for free, it is a form of meditation that hipsters haven't think about

>can't use it when writing an address on a letter
what?

cuck

this, but we knew already because of your flag

I'm one of the outcasts who only writes in cursive. I've had former bosses at places of employment tell me to write in print, so that they and coworkers could read it.

Americans don't read at all and surprisingly do more reading than writing.

You can't convince them Cursive is important because they don't believe reading is important.

For those who care about cursive, it's found to be quite useful when trying to differentiate between two handwritten numbers or letters (l and 1; l and I [i]; f and t; 9 and g). This is important when trying to match UPC/SKU numbers or anything with a barcode.

Also, the sciences uses cursive letters quite frequently in order to make instruction less strenuous.

So if you don't know cursive you're pretty much a dumb NEET faggot.

I have never used cursive aside from writing my own signature in my adult life, and I only sign my initials anyway. It's less relevant than ever since most important documents are typed.