Norsemen be like

Norsemen be like
>"dinner's ready"

Attached: 1559982623437.png (650x433, 499K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noma_(restaurant)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks spicy my fellow nord

no it doesn't

Unironically looks extremely delicious.
I hope the glass is full of sweet mead.

>White Cuisine
>High quality ingredients with minimal seasoning to bring out the natural flavor
>Non-white cuisine
>Gutter slop processed junk drowned in gravies and sauce to hide the rancid taste

Attached: s - 2465565 - 1girl bow chinese english expressionless fujiwara_no_mokou hair_bow honest_axe long_ha (341x385, 102K)

when I went to Norway the food was better than in France on average.

Its ginger ale, sodd is traditionally served with ginger ale.

T.semen johnson Smith

Because back in the day Yurop didn't even have many things to cook compared to Tropical countries.

This type of food is legit delicious minus the potato. Fuck potatoes. Btw, the stuff in the top left is flat bread you dip in the broth

I agree. comfiest food known to man

Attached: 1559659432606.jpg (1200x885, 142K)

looks delish

salt and pepper is fine, shitskins have to mask the taste of their rotten meat and vegetables with a variety of spices just to make it edible

love the smell of pickled herring

Attached: 1552739838034.jpg (645x773, 120K)

SODD
O
D
D

are raw potatoes considered delish in turkey?

easy on the sauce pal, someone could get injured

Attached: screen-shot-2017-05-25-at-6-35-25-am-1495690657.png (768x384, 328K)

In sodd, the broth is the "sauce". Its called sǿ and the meat (sheep and beef) should seethe never boil, and the potatoes and carrots are not cooked with the meat but added to the plate and covered with the sǿ.
Its an old dish first mentioned in the 1200s when farmers forced the King, Håkon, to eat sodd made from horse meat.

>should seethe never boil, and the potatoes and carrots are not cooked with the meat but added to the plate

grim

Attached: 1539892545320.jpg (640x640, 79K)

What's your problem you turko bastard?

Cope

Attached: maria-kim-laquisha-hannah-33247243.png (500x516, 154K)

looks bretty good to me

The name sodd, comes from the norse word soð, which means seethe.

back of the bus nigger

Why did they force the king to eat it?

yeah it would make me seethe having to eat that on a daily basis

>justifying bland af food with racism
o I am laffin

this
It’s related to economy. More primitive cultures don’t have access to fresh, high quality ingredients – which was also true in ancient, medieval, and early modern Europe. The solution to bad ingredients is to cover the taste.
People would just layer flavours by adding tons of different spices and vegetables in a single dish so that it becomes a flurry of flavour and you can no longer taste the rotten meat. (Kind of like Romans shat under themselves in amphietheatres and covered it with strong perfumes kek)

What I’m getting at is that the French (and then other Euros) were the first with a strong bourgeoisie class that could afford high quality food. As a how of their wealth, they wanted to taste meat. Thus, the new ideal: few strong flavours that support each other. Meat with tomatoes and garlic, chocolate with strawberries and nuts – not all six mushed in one big pot.

What's Norwegian for "meat"? I keep thinking of the Swedish kött. Is sodd just the word for meat?

>medi cuisine
the best of both

>t. wh*toid

not a word

Kjött, but with the ö that is banned on Jow Forums

This, but potatos are the superior sider. They’re tastier, more nutritious and have better texture than rice and pasta.

>nordic cultures don’t have access to fresh, high quality ingredients

ftfy

?

Tack

>I think that's even correct from what I could gather from watching those NRK cartoons :-D

omg your languages really are more or less interchangeable, aren't they

Because he didn't treat the farmers well
Sucks to be you then :^)
Sodd is the name of the dish, but its root means to boil. Sodd - seethe, same word really.
We have always been self-reliant with fresh fish, game, rutabaga, beets, cloudberries, the list goes on.

this

peak third world cuisine is 5 different side dishes and shitload of spices

Attached: o.jpg (1000x750, 191K)

the spoon looks cool tho

lol

too bad you can't cook for shit

Scandinavian cuisine? More like depression cuisine, Jesus Christ

Handgeklöppelt von seinem Uronkel Ingvar Bjornsson, no doubt

That's a pile of shit my man

But what was so bad about the dish that it had to be forced on him? Did he have a particular aversion to horse meat?

Yppo season their meat with water lmao

just look at it

pic
He was a christian and they had done a blot, so you can imagine it would have been horrible for him to partake in heathen customs as a good christian boy.

Attached: file.png (647x487, 74K)

>yppo awarding yppo "cuisine" awards to other yppo

OH NONONONONONO

Attached: original_Bocuse-d-or-Norway-platter.jpg (1500x1000, 217K)

It's not like any other cuisine matters

Is that supposed to represent Norway's history or something lol

can't make proof that Nordic cuisine is worldwide popular at all in this point

>muh high cuisine
Oh yes, little sprinklings of shit on a plate that a bunch of pretentious avantgarde knobheads masturbate over, THAT is what really counts

Attached: highcuisine.jpg (500x333, 23K)

You sound sad, Sven

I think you misread my post, little germ

>that a bunch of pretentious avantgarde knobheads masturbate over
But look how FRESH their cum is, look at that colour, marvellous, two gold cuisine stars!

>Noma is a two-Michelin-star restaurant run by chef René Redzepi in Copenhagen, Denmark. The name is a syllabic abbreviation of the two Danish words "nordisk" (Nordic) and "mad" (food).[2] Opened in 2003, the restaurant is known for its reinvention and interpretation of the Nordic Cuisine.[1] In 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014, it was ranked as the Best Restaurant in the World by Restaurant magazine.[3][4][5]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noma_(restaurant)

What I find strange about it is that the broth is very thin, almost like water. Apart from that it's just boiled meat with carrots and potatoes, not amazing but not terrible either.
Understood

Do tell me more. I just had four cuisines on my lunch plate, none of which were Norwegian
>it included senapssill though, dunno if that counts

>In sodd, the broth is the "sauce".
Whoa hold up! That sauce is a bit too strong better add more water.

Attached: 23826986-portrait-of-a-late-20s-handsome-black-man-laughing-isolated-on-white-background.jpg (1300x866, 109K)

>sodd

more like sad

At least it's not fiskbollen which I suspected first

>sad (adj.)
Old English sæd "sated, full, having had one's fill (of food, drink, fighting, etc.), weary of," from Proto-Germanic *sathaz (source also of Old Norse saðr
oops again, can't escape the norse. its everywhere lmao

>can't escape the norse
Just don't go into threads with Norwegians and you're good.

oh the irony

Attached: 1519421400824.jpg (1024x1017, 83K)

>Old English þræd "fine cord, especially when twisted" (related to þrawan "to twist"), from Proto-Germanic *thredu- "twisted yarn" (source also of Old Saxon thrad, Old Frisian thred, Middle Dutch draet, Dutch draad, Old High German drat, German Draht, Old Norse þraðr),
oops more norse again lmao can't escape from your language and the norsemen

delicious :D

great on a cold day

Truly a meal fit for a king

Yes, and?

Attached: 5b643388e361c019008b497e-750-375.jpg (750x375, 49K)

>senapssill
100% based

>oops more norse again lmao
Yeah I'd rather you went away now desu

This is why I thank God everyday for living in Italy.

Do you feel in charge?

This is exactly what i'm going to eat today

lmao what the fuck are u even on about

He's right you know

Nordics
>tall

countries with "good" cuisine
>short

boggles the mind

Attached: 1547354004155.png (657x527, 38K)

because quality of food > taste of food

Shut up. This looks amazing. Good produce and you don't need anything else.

Wypipo be like:
>Noo you cant rape random strangers on the street at night

Attached: Apina.jpg (508x379, 53K)

>just three potatoes
What is that, dinner for ants?

Based summer food

basado

Attached: 1559004115890.jpg (480x480, 47K)

servattu xD

niggers be like
>shied tyme n garlic da fuq be dat shiet

Nordics
>sad, detached, alone, suicidal

Countries with good cuisine
>happy all the time, never even a consideration of depression or dissatisfaction in life, many friends, sunshine

>happy all the time, never even a consideration of depression or dissatisfaction in life
bold claim

b*Lkanoids are taller

This.

Nordics that eat unseasoned ""food""
>get bullied by manlet third worlders

Third worlders with good cuisine
>bully nordic lanklets

>NOOOOO you come from that area of the world you can’t possibly eat anything but cuisine from that area! IT’s impossible for you to like many things that taste different!!! You’re from that area where they didn’t have many things to add flavour to foods 200 years ago so obviously you can’t have them now either!!

Attached: D3D4A00F-79FF-4E4C-92E8-1BD3949BBD47.jpg (820x791, 136K)

based

Western 'food'.

Attached: 1348886817734.jpg (400x426, 69K)

>lol joke's on you we don't eat our own cuisine we eat kebab pizza

Actually legit. Indian food in particular is repulsive.

>This type of food is legit delicious minus the potato. Fuck potatoes.
I hate potatoes too, it's just a useless filler food. Would rather just have more fish or something.

Kek i thought it was just memes

Is that even edible?
Looks like someone dropped mayo in kitchen sink full of water used to wash these veggies.