I have the choice of learning latin, ancient greek, sanskrit, or hebrew for my useless degree...

I have the choice of learning latin, ancient greek, sanskrit, or hebrew for my useless degree. which one woul'd Jow Forums choose and why?

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 36K)

We had to learn ancient greek and/or latin at my school, it was a fucking waste of time
I'd pick hebrew

I always have to hover over the flag because I can't remember which one is Poland and which one is Indonesia

Oh and Greek or Latin you mug

Latin would probably be the easiest.

What kind of choises are those even?

I already learned latin in highschool so that is kinda boring for me

Sanskrit sounds really interesting

Probably sanscrit and not because I already know Latin (I don't) but because sanscrit is mother of many languages included those

Hebrew is still a living language and you can go to israel, but Latin is the coolest, so one of those two.

>latin
easy for poles to learn

for a philosophy degree

What philosophers, time period, or cultures interest you the most?

I don't really care for reading any ancients in original tongues. hebrew is the least interesting for me, latin or greek would be the most useful choices, but sanskrit sounds interesting as well. thats why I wanted to hear other peoples reasoning, I don't have any strong opinions so far.

Well, if you have any interest in the Medieval period Latin would be a great help there

I would go with Latin if I had to choose

Dude Hebrew. You could actually use it if you travel to Israel and you can practice it by conversing with other speakers so you don't forget it

yeah, you definietly get the most value for your money out of learning latin.

thats worth considering as well even though I have no interest in Jewish texts. I will propably end up taking some corporate position for some time at least after finishing the degree, and knowing a language other than english that is not dead would be a plus on my CV.

had also latin in high school, it's pretty easy to learn

sanskrit to inpress qt desi waifus

Is there really no way you can't learn a language besides those listed?

If you have no specific interest Latin has the largest and most accessible corpus for a westerner. In terms of the value of texts and amount of texts each would give I'd say Latin=Sanskrit>Greek>Hebrew

I learned Latin and ancient Greek in high school, I remember Latin was much easier (probably because it was closer to Italian) but not as interesting as Greek. I guess they are cool if you're interested in learning the etyomolgy of modern words (they'll make it easier to understand scientific/technical terms), but if you want to learn something that can be useful to you once you graduate, you should probably choose Hebrew.

sanskrit obviously
only 207 days until India becomes superpower

>implying they know sanskrit

It's not happening bros, supa-powa 2020 cancelled

I mean, I'm biased but if you are going for a philosophy degree, Plato is actually fun to read in the original script unlike most of the dogshit translations.
Latin is really easy and is a nice basis for romance languages if you plan on learning other languages of that variety for whatever reason.
Hebrew is the only actually spoken language here which gives it a nice edge but keep in mind that all the kikes you'd be interested in conversing with probably speak English anyways. Reading old test in the original is a pretty good bonus though if that's your thing
Sanskrit might be a good basis for learning hindi but it's also the hardest to learn of the bunch probably