DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2205.6

DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for 人々 interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

No translation requests.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/cor.html
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1480432806214.png (700x560, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2szx-WWR0rw
youtu.be/MNHVTsBBYtc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaky_Eaters_(American_TV_program)
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one is left to post in these threads any more.

Attached: 1546408747648.jpg (301x587, 38K)

ないでいる
so that is the ている form of ない. i didnt even knew that existed

欠けた窓
chipped window

ない is not a verb you retard
What the fuck does that even mean you retard

>know I can never learn Japanese with my natrual work ethic
>find when I uncharacteristically apply myself and make progress, I lose interest in why I'm learning Japanese in the first place, (games/manga/anime), and think I could better apply myself
Anybody know this feel?

What the fuck are you even talking about you retard

There was nothing ambiguous about that except "I could better apply myself," in which I meant I could focus my efforts somewhere else.

I think you're just because your darling general isn't that popular for some reason.
I wonder why, that is, aside from the obnoxious pedanty from the most obesseive posters.

How about you learn English first because this one's obviously out of your league

you seem mad, lol

Keep it up you're keeping the thread alive

I do Japanese because I want to know Japanese also it's fun to learn.

When I wasn't learning Japanese I was learning other stuff in my free time. I guess if learning is not fun to you there's a chance you're not going to make it.

In any case you should reevaluate your motivation. Maybe learning such a difficult language just because of the entertainment is not enough. I know it's not for me.

>I wonder why, that is, aside from the obnoxious pedanty from the most obesseive posters.
In general I think there are a lot of people with a vague notion of wanting to know Japanese but they all don't want to work for it.

I would say the only thing required to learn this language is a lot of discipline to study.

Attached: zombielandsaga405.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

Is that what you want? If so, you must be much less happy than you were a few weeks ago.

Don't care

>I guess if learning is not fun to you there's a chance you're not going to make it.
It is, but it's still demanding and I have to quesiton whether its worth it. I'm just saying that the more I apply mysefl, the less I become interested in the content for which I'm learning the language. If I'm the only one who's ever experienced this, that would be good to know. If some people have experienced this, but overcome it, that would be good to know to.
>I know it's not for me.
Could you briefly describe your motives?
>In general I think there are a lot of people with a vague notion of wanting to know Japanese but they all don't want to work for it.
Well, that's a good point. Plus, I found that when I actually really apply myself, I rarely come here, because it's better spent actually learning the language, as opposed to asking questions or talking about it.

トランプ大統領が迷子に両親を見つけるのを手伝ってくれるの画像です

こちらの文を正すのを手伝ってください

I'm trying to say "A picture of President Trump helping a lost child find his parents"

Attached: 1560011835268.jpg (1360x765, 178K)

>It is, but it's still demanding and I have to quesiton whether its worth it. I'm just saying that the more I apply mysefl, the less I become interested in the content for which I'm learning the language. If I'm the only one who's ever experienced this, that would be good to know. If some people have experienced this, but overcome it, that would be good to know to.
I guess I did before. When I last tried learning Japanese my interest in Anime and Manga faded and subsequently I stopped learning the language as well. Being too dependent on interest in the content was probably the reason I stopped learning then.

>Could you briefly describe your motives?
I'm much more interested in learning for personal self-improvement now. Also since I am more succesful professionally and not a teenager in high school any more, moving to Japan (even if only for a while) has become a much more attainable goal.

In the end personally it's also structurally different in how I attempt to learn the language this time around. Last time I used to keep thinking "if I only get to point x then I can play this game, watch this movie / this show or read this novel some day". Now I just try to watch / play / read whenever I can and complement this with studying on the side. This way the studying never feels like it's somehow useless. It's actively making me better at what I do.

>Well, that's a good point. Plus, I found that when I actually really apply myself, I rarely come here, because it's better spent actually learning the language, as opposed to asking questions or talking about it.
I'm a sucker for communities for everything I do. Whenever I played a game for a longer time or basically do anything as a hobby I sought out online communities for it. So that's really the main reason why I come here. It also helps me to stick with it somewhat as a daily reminder to do your fucking reps and so on.

Attached: zombielandsaga409.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

一部の右翼の人は日本にある韓国の学校が閉鎖されるべきだ思う
同意しますか

youtube.com/watch?v=2szx-WWR0rw

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

*だと思う

I wanna add something to this actually. I feel it has become substantially easier to go into native language content today. Back then I had downloaded lots of raws, but there was nothing in terms of Japanese subs. Also no hover dictionaries like yomichan or comprehensive online grammar guides.

I still have physical editions of the dictionaries of japanese grammar at home, but looking stuff up there is just a fucking pain. Same for looking up unknown Kanji.

The tools today just facilitate engaging with content much earlier and it helps a ton. Setting up your whole learning environment correctly in the beginning and knowing which tools to use is probably the most essential thing you can take from the guide in the OP. Afterwards you have to figure out your day to day routine yourself.

Attached: zombielandsaga712.png (1920x1080, 1.55M)

Vey valuble responeses, especially since the condiiton in which you initially gave up seems identical to mine, only I have no desire to live in Japan.
> Now I just try to watch / play / read whenever I can and complement this with studying on the side.
Rather similar to me, only I don't have a clear idea as to how much any particular piece of content should require.

>I'm much more interested in learning for personal self-improvement now.
An undeniably good motive.

Your answer is helpful, in that you were once at my current point, and surpassed it, but for reasons I can't imagine ever motivating me, so I can't make any definite projection based on what you said. Again, thanks for the response.

Motivation is the wrong way to go anyhow. Discipline is.
Just like doing chores, it's just "something you do". The less you think about it, the less chance the "you know, you don't *have* to do it, you could be lazy" thoughts have to sneak in.

I have no motivation or discipline but I have a working brain and don't have autism, I think that's the most important thing.

>no motivation or discipline
>don't have autism
I would think at least one out of those three would be required though.

Attached: 1550361888321.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

性欲があれば何でもできる

not really, do things that you enjoy about learning the language and you may find yourself not losing motivation

その戸が開けてある
the door has been opened (by someone) or the state is the door is now opened

You're retarded is what state you are in

>I wonder why, that is, aside from the obnoxious pedanty from the most obesseive posters.
these days I just google it first and usually get the answer from kotobank or some thesaurus
but if its a saying they use in niche ways or perhaps cut off because the speaker was too lazy to say all of it knowing that natives would understand

Attached: 引けを取らない.png (530x1467, 624K)

言語会話練習サイトは全部くそだね

しゃれだな、不良じゃないか。君が私に悪口に継続してもいい。その態度で私は全然厄介してない

youtu.be/MNHVTsBBYtc

それは自作自演です

I was so tired I was thinking of skipping reps for the first time in a while, but I decided to take a short walk and now I'm all ready to go.
I should learn to take breaks while doing other shit.

Attached: 1558846591477.jpg (431x495, 137K)

I did my reps at 2 am last night when I got home.

Not allowed to go to bed before I'm done for the day.

Attached: 1547436896313.png (1920x1080, 1.89M)

Whenever I do my reps in the evening I almost always fall asleep during and leave a few dozen for tomorrow. That's why I always try to do them in the morning/during the day.

Fuck the wagie life.

隣人の家(something)たびに、彼の犬たちが私に吠える

I'm trying to say "Every time I walk past my neighbour's house, his dogs bark at me" How do I say "Walk past"

Attached: beware-of-the-dog-7-57ee55c6ea4c1__605.jpg (605x810, 79K)

通り過ぎる

The continuous aspect form of the verb 泣く
: to be crying
私は泣いています、ベッドの上で。
The window which a part of was chipped off
連体形「かけた」はperfect aspect

Attached: lc9wr7fdmm3.jpg (640x939, 94K)

隣人の家を通り過ぎるたびに、彼の犬たちが私に吠える

Attached: ad329db39126bd8b259d93dafd57fed8.jpg (562x667, 99K)

What is actually being said here?

Attached: Capture.png (1391x745, 1.11M)

ほっとく + やがる in command form
"leave it the fuck alone"

If there's 男の子, 男の人,and 男の娘, is there 男の古 too?

Attached: 9b50920b408c40b22e5ade9d5e2cb8f9_600.jpg (600x448, 44K)

Is it true students who get caught doing this are sent to Fukushima and forced to shovel radioactive soil?

Attached: Capture.png (695x174, 6K)

トランプ大統領が迷子に両親を見つけてあげるのを手伝っている写真です。
韓国ではなく北朝鮮です。北朝鮮指導者への崇拝は日本への誤った教育を行っている北朝鮮民族学校は公費助成の対象外です。
もちろん、日本からなくすべきです。
わからないことは、単に前後のcontextをだけでなくparagraphを添えて、日本人に訊いてください。
エロこそものの上手なれ
開ける is a transitive verb and that sentence is the continuous aspect.
The state that the door has been opened and it is opened continues still now
(cf. 「あけられて、」 is the perfect aspect)

Attached: D3-EcmJU8AUkww9.jpg (1200x675, 115K)

meaningless
Post what you want to say in English
隣人の家の前を通るたびに、そこの犬たちが私に吠える
「通過する」とも言いますが、通るに過ぎるの意味が含まれています

Attached: mq5zj7evigh.jpg (640x903, 51K)

たいていのアメリカ人はトランプ大統領を神様として崇拝している

Attached: q4j2zembxju11.jpg (2048x1536, 421K)

賭け事に使う紙様だろ?

Attached: D3Z6m33UwAACucm.jpg (1200x675, 114K)

>わからないことは、単に前後のcontextをだけでなくparagraphを添えて、日本人に訊いてください。
あのアメリカ人のためにこれを書いた。
8年前と比べると、最近は日本語を勉強しやすいです。その理由はツールやオンラインリソースを無料で利用することができます。
8年前に私は教科書を主に使ったのに対して、この頃はアニメを見てて、ライトノベルを読んでいます。それで私にとって日本語の勉強は楽しくなります。
最も重要なことは、DJTガイドからツールを設定することです。

いつものように私の下手な日本語で申し訳ありません。
おやすみなさい。

Attached: zombielandsaga250.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

(´∀`∩)bump

>食うことだけは3人前の店番もロクにできない穀潰しのメスガキ低脳糞ビッチ
彼は一体何の意味ですか?

Attached: IMG_9718.jpg (1280x720, 413K)

「俺のshit post はトイレに流してくれ」

酷い!

どちらは正しか?
自分の精神病はまなびーちゃんが直すされた

自分の精神病はまなびーちゃんに直すされます

Attached: 1555188067559.png (1078x1341, 1.2M)

どっちもダメ
自分の精神病はまなびーちゃんに治されます
ただし、これは、翻訳調で、正しくは、
自分の精神病はまなびーちゃんが治します
となる

Attached: 026a546d.jpg (450x230, 34K)

うるさいな、このときだけに私は何を言わなくてはいけないとは言える

>だって、『働け』という、その言葉の、 彼女に言われることの説得力といったら…
This といったら can be expanded といったらない right? Context being the person (彼女) in question works a lot of part-time jobs.

When you use の to refer to you as in 何をしてるの
Is that の only used with the る form or can it be used in ます too?

何をしてますの、我輩

しょうがないさ
今日は暑いから死にました

トイレットペーパーとか綿の球とか食べるアメリカ人についてテレビショーがあります

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaky_Eaters_(American_TV_program)

How do I say "Got caught doing verb"?

Attached: 1533191801893.png (2150x3035, 2.4M)

>といったらない right
seems so.
However, いったら doesn't necessarily expanded in that way.
>other adjectives could follow いったら, like 貧弱この上なかった
But in this context, your interpretation seems plausible enough, but it should be in the past tense, "といったらなかった(it was extreme)".

>トイレットペーパーとか、綿の球とか"を"食べるアメリカ人について"の"テレビショーがあります

Thank you.
つまり、「掛け持ちしている彼女に言われるからこそ、とても説得力がある」という意味ですかね?

>掛け持ちしている彼女に言われるからこそ、とても説得力がある
それで正しいと思います。

>the person in question works a lot of part-time jobs.
仰るとおり、物語の中で、引用した文章の前に彼女が掛け持ちバイトで奮闘している描写があるんでしょう。
その前提があるから、読者は『いったら…"ない"』と自然に補えるんだと思います。

大人になったらカウボーイとか宇宙飛行士とかになりたい

How do people compose japanese names?
And how do they understand them without having it written?
For example somebody tells you their name, how do you know how to write that name? Isn't it confusing as fuck?

How do you "understand" names in your language? How do you write a name you've never heard before?

Attached: 1550079085531.jpg (350x490, 44K)

Literally sound by sound, in russian sounds are almost 1:1 to letters, and where they aren't they follow common conventions used in other words.
But in japanese it would make hiragana, but how to know which characters are used? There's a billion characters per "word" in a name.

あらためて自己紹介しましょう。百月平折、百のお月さまを平らに折る、と書いて百月平折です。

I doubt you would have no trouble writing a name you've never heard before though. For most common names you just know how they're written.

I have no idea how it is in Russian but even for German you can write a lot of names in multiple different ways and you can easily get it wrong. And for last names you usually have to have someone spell it out because it's hard to guess the spelling correctly in all cases.

Attached: 1546747422269.jpg (439x586, 60K)

In russian you can write a name you've never heard before with 90% accuracy, if the name isn't some funky foreign one. But even then the odds are you'll get it right most of the time.

こんにちは、質問が有ります。
捨てると投げるの違いは何ですか。

捨てると投げるは辞書に「to throw」の意味があります。でも、落とすの意味も「to throw」です。

手伝って下さい。俺の日本語はとっても悪いです、それで申し訳あれいません。

Attached: waaaaaat.jpg (101x169, 10K)

>捨てると投げるの違い
"捨てる"は"to discard"で、いらなくなったものを手放す事です。"throw away"の意味ですが、"to throw"と一致する意味ではないです。
"投げる"はそのまま"to throw"で、物体を手と腕を使って空中に放すことです。
それぞれ比喩的な意味もありますが、英語の"to discard"と"to throw"と大体同じと思ってもらっていいと思います。
"落とす"は"to drop(vt)"です。こちらも比喩的な意味がたくさんありますが、英語のdropとだいたい同じだと思います。

>俺の日本語はとっても悪いです
そんなことはないです。
>捨てると投げるは辞書に「to throw」の意味があります(意味が載っています or something is better, but the original text is passable)
>それで申し訳あ"り"ません。

私はあらゆる人種に偏見を持っている

I'm reading Fist of the North star and the line is

あらゆる生命体絶滅したかにみえた

I know it says "It looked like all lifeforms were extinct" but what does かに mean?

あなたの手伝いを本当にありがとうございます!

それで、要約に、

捨てるの使い方は 「食べ物は腐りました。ゴミを捨てなければならない!」。
投げるの使い方は 「野球で遊んでいるの時は、ボールを投げなさい!」。
落とすの使い方は 「学校に途中で行った、財布が落ちたと思います。大変。。。」。

Attached: screenshot-2018-12-01 (5).jpg (478x591, 24K)

You talk like a fucking retard

>あなたの手伝い”に”本当にありがとうございます!
(本当はまだ不自然で、”お手伝い本当にありがとうございます”とかが自然な言い方です。)
>それで、要約”すると”
>捨てるの使い方は 「食べ物は腐りました。ゴミを捨てなければならない!」。
>投げるの使い方は 「野球で遊んでいる””時は、ボールを投げなさい!」。
>落とすの使い方は 「学校に”行く途中で”、財布が落ちた(or “財布を落とした”)と思います。大変。。。」。
それぞれの動詞(捨てる、投げる、落とす(“落ちる”は自動詞です))の意味はあっています。頑張って下さい。
コラッ!!

生活では最大の後悔は日本語を学んだことです

Attached: gabrieldropout25b.png (1280x720, 1.41M)

>生活では最大の後悔
なら”人生で最大の後悔”はなんですか?

Attached: 24243C71-7276-4E68-B2E3-D44D31EBA3AC.jpg (212x237, 11K)

お手伝い本当にありがとうございます。今からもっと一生懸命頑張っています。

ありがとう

Why does this girl look so scared?
どうしてこの女の子は怖いたね?

Ah, because she saw the message
あ、 メッセジ彼女に見てた

What message?
何これめっせじ?

こっち
ARGHHH chino chan... arghh *sniff* *sniff* SEX chino... FUCK CHINO Arghh I want to envelope chino around me and CONTROL HER ARGHH THE chino... chino CHINO CHAN cute sex

Attached: 1447430113864.jpg (720x720, 105K)

日本語を勉強してくださってありがとうございます。

Attached: 59896699-2528-4B54-B3B1-EF33083533EF.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Why is yomichan so shit?

Attached: file.png (534x519, 140K)

子供の頃に不診断の自閉症を持っていた

maybe learn japanese

What do you think I'm doing?

Shitposting

ok sorry

前回出会ったときから我が日本語の力が倍増した、出来ない

My Japanese proficiency has doubled since the last time we met, Dekinai.

Attached: 1550986927077.png (654x972, 816K)

無駄

Attached: 1552060191264.jpg (1261x1861, 889K)

鉄山のてっぺんにある神殿を着く始めに人は魔力をもらう

This is me fucking up a line from a cartoon I watched as a kid. It's supposed to be "The first person to reach my shrine atop Iron Mountain will receive magic powers beyond their wildest dreams"

>The first person to reach my shrine atop Iron Mountain will receive magic powers beyond their wildest dreams
鉄山の頂上の我が聖堂にたどり着く最初の人は、野生の夢を超え魔力を受け取るだろう

これ何ですか?
何かのゲーム?

簡単の脳、自分は

最初の人は山のてっぺんで神殿を届ける、魔力が受け取る

Attached: HorribleSubs_Hitoribocchi_no_Marumaru_Seikatsu_09_720p0008.jpg (638x720, 202K)

ちっちゃい女はええやん

>鉄山のてっぺんにある"私の”神殿"に””初めに”(たどり)着く人は"彼らの””いちばんとっぴな夢を超える(くらいの)”魔力をもらう"だろう"