DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2206.5

DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for 人々 interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.
No Australians.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/cor.html
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1525994869340.png (1366x772, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=loser
kotobank.jp/word/救い米-541234
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

このスレッドの失敗者としゃべることに飽きてる

どうやって日本語を話したらいいのか見当もつかない

Attached: eed14fedc151fb4861a3d96034116de1.png (1195x415, 101K)

とても赤玉をもらう人です

Attached: yakuza3.jpg (1276x717, 315K)

anki is such an autistic piece of shit

Use Houhou instead

私の嫁水面は浮かんでいた

Attached: 70599009_p0.png (1612x2288, 1.4M)

Attached: asobiasobase941.jpg (1920x1080, 190K)

Attached: 555.png (555x555, 555K)

Hey guys, the Shin Kanzen Master mega links on the cornucopia are broken, can anyone reupload them please?

Attached: 66632045_p0.png (2056x2532, 3.27M)

>Textbooks
>N2

N1 are broken too

Works on my machine
Read something actually useful instead

Attached: b0f8da9ce49280df5637d222e6e0731d.png (656x969, 111K)

>一休さんかよ
So I'm guessing this is referencing 一休宗純, but what does it have to do with him?

Attached: 1529071850472.jpg (1125x1600, 768K)

What do you mean by "something actually useful"? Go ahead and shill your favorite book.

lol favorites

Attached: wataten1447.png (1920x1080, 2.66M)

>No Australians.
shobonでもいい判断

You only have yourself to blame for not moving to Japan already

Might as well filter Canada while I'm at it I guess

今週はイスラエルに「本の週」が起こります。過去に、「ヘブライ語の本の週」と言ったが、今は、色々国で書かれた本が売られています。
あなたの国の人々も読むのが好きですか。

>失敗者
loser って言いたいの?
それなら「敗者 / haisha」のほうがいいと思う
敗者の他には「負け犬 / makeinu」とか「負け組 / makegumi」とか

eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=loser

日本でも、本を読むのが好きな人は多いですよ。

みんなバカから本を読めない

Attached: gits47.png (1280x720, 1.26M)

>日本政府と韓国政府はゴジラを騙して、朝鮮に行かせます。
>朝鮮軍は弱すぎます。ゴジラを負かせません。
>いきなり、田舎に住んでいる賢者のばあさんは朝鮮軍の指揮官に会いに来ます。
>ばあさんは忘れ"られ"た伝説の守り神のことを話して、呼び方を説明します。
>その守り神の名前は...「プルガサリ」だ!
You did it nicely.
The only grammatical correction I could give you was the one above (not necessarily wrong, but usually it is said in passive form, "forgotten").

And more naturally (It's just my subjective preference, though).
>日本政府と韓国政府はゴジラを騙して、北朝鮮に行かせます。
>朝鮮軍は弱すぎて、ゴジラを倒せません。
>(そこで)突然、田舎に住んでいる賢者のばあさんが北朝鮮軍の指揮官に会いに来ます。
>ばあさんは忘れられた伝説の守り神のことを話して、呼び出し方を説明します。
>その守り神の名前は...「プルガサリ」だ!

まぁ、ポランド語を読むのは超難しいね。文字が多すぎるなのです。

thank you, I'm glad it was mostly right.

I wonder if this movie would be possible to make, since the NK government probably owns the rights for Pulgasari movies.

>今週はイスラエル"で"「本の週」が"あり"ます。過去に"は"、「ヘブライ語の本の週」と言った(言いました)が、今は、色々“な”国で書かれた本が売られています。あなたの国の人々も読むのが好きですか。

I prefer
>今週はイスラエルでは「本の週」です。

>みんなバカ”だ”から本を読めない

アニメや漫画は見てんの?

Attached: u_curious.jpg (337x337, 17K)

so an event happening can't be described with 起こる?

Attached: gits46.webm (852x480, 2.9M)

言うに忘れて、私はうちの床に寝てるながら日本語ではじめてた鳴らしてから酔うがあった

>???
まだ酔っています

>言うに忘れて
言うの忘れてた

>寝てるながら
寝ながら

>日本語ではじめてた鳴らしてから
???

>酔うがあった
酔った

私の頭には知らないで日本語に悪口のが初めて

so まで can mean to the point of? why not use ほど then

救いまいやつだ

ペニス舐めたいですわ

>an event happening can't be described with 起こる?
You can, but for events and incidents which unexpectedly happen, like 交通事故 or 事件 or something abstractly described as 出来事.(and symptoms of disease such as 発熱 or 頭痛 )
Usually it's not used for social events as festivals or class exams. If they are said with "起こる", it sounds as if those events are spontaneously happen.

>You may see in 5chan or somewhere people saying "祭りが起こった!!". It doesn't mean that 祭り is a usual, planned one but something like scandals of (e-)celebs accidentaly exposed to public view for which posters there launched their mocking "festival".

This is such a good post

「救うまい」と言いたかったのでは?
若しくは「救えまい」?

Is this what you wanted to write?

>私の頭には知らないで
my brain doesn't know it
私の頭は知らない

>日本語に悪口のが初めて
It's the first time for me to write Japanese insult
日本語の悪口を書くのは初めて

救い難い(すくいがたい)やつだ

救いまい

Attached: 1.jpg (1200x1200, 266K)

i meant to say in my head without really thinking about it/without being overly conscious about it it was the first time i started cussing in japanese

んん~?(;・∀・)

>救うまい
お前なぞ救うまい、死ね
I'll never rescue you, die

>救えまい
お前には彼女を救えまい
You can't never rescue her

救いまいだ、英語から no help for this guy/no helping this guy

>You can't never rescue her
あ、You can never rescue her が正しかったかな (;´_`;)

しょうもない奴だな、お前

>救いまいだ
救い米とか思っちゃったよw
kotobank.jp/word/救い米-541234
>江戸時代、飢饉(ききん)や災害などのとき、被災者を救うために放出した米。

>no help for this guy/no helping this guy
だとしたら、もしかすると「この男は""救いようがない""」とか「この男は""どうしようもない""」かな?

Attached: やらないか.png (655x433, 617K)

"You can never rescue her" is correct, you're unnecessarily adding 'never' here though, the Japanese sentence just means "You can't rescue her".
"You can't never x" is also correct but it's rare and context reliant and very flexible, you'll need to learn English for a few more years before you fully understand it probably.

"I don't wanna eat carrots mom! (生意気なガキ)"
"You can't never eat vegetables x-kun!"
Saying this implies x-kun probably didn't want to eat other vegetables in the past as well.
"I don't care about this little princess charade, I'm out of here guys, you can find a different prince on a white horse to save your girl"
"You can't just never save her, this is your fate, the prophecy said so!"
'You can't just x' is another, more common structure that you can say in response to someone that doesn't want to do something, and it comboes nicely into 'You can't just never x' if you also need to mention the time aspect somehow.
まぁそんなに言うなら救いまいを辞めます (飢饉)

Attached: serval1.webm (480x600, 658K)

や*

うるせなわかってる

なるほど!

好きになればなるほど、精液飲みたくなる

詳しくありがとう
In this case , did I have to write "You can't just never rescue her"?

Attached: オエー.png (586x327, 26K)

No, that would be a reply to someone that doesn't want to save her.
お前には彼女を救えまい=You can't save her
お前には絶対に彼女を救えまい=You can never save her
I was just being picky about you adding an adverb in English when there's none in Japanese.

Basically "You can't just (never)x" is very similar to xしなければならない

彼女を救えかねないでもめんどくさいからもう飽きた

>No, that would be a reply to someone that doesn't want to save her.
あ、確かにそうだ.ね

わかりやすい!
やっと理解できたありがとう

"You can't just never x" is a response because of 'you', you need to say it to someone.
"I can't just never x" is what you can use to talk about yourself (usually something like self-reflection or something), like しなければならない, Japanese version just doesn't combine with pronouns, it connects to verbs while the English version is more reliant on pronouns.

Just remember that it's not 100% the same thing and you don't use it in the same way or situations as しなければならない, but it is similar and I think it's a decent way to understand the phrase. Eventually you'll understand when it's used and in what ways it differs from しなければならない.

Is ""can't just never"" used when somebody has to do something in spite of being in a desperate situation (little hope)?
So is ""can't just never"" different from "しなければならない"?

てゆうかさ、師匠ってどうやって英語身に付けたの?
4ちゃんのポスターたちがよく言ってる、『英語のテレビみたりゲームやったりしながら10年ぐらいたったら自然と』?

Attached: uamru_spaced.jpg (820x525, 123K)

いつの間に
this phrase like thing i really like, i never get a chance to use it though

Games and internet taught me everything and being born in Poland but also not liking Poland and Polish sped the process up I suppose. When I was 7 I got my first computer and a bunch of games. Most were in English because Polish translation patches were usually rare back then and we didn't have fast internet, so we just had to play what we had. Most games I played were in English and I didn't understand fucking anything but figured stuff out anyway without looking anything up. Multiplayer games with chats, online forums (yikes) also helped when I was younger to learn extra English. I'd say it only took me around maybe 6 years to get to a level that I am at right now. Most of it was games and internet but English school education here also helps a bit, especially since I did so well I was always put in the Advanced English group since in this country we split into 2 groups: retards and people that actually want to learn English.
First, let's remove 'never' from this because it's not always used in this structure.
"can't just x" is not used in such dire(desperate) situations, it's used more often when someone doesn't want to do something and has the choice to pick still. If it was such a situation that you described, then one of the usual lines is stuff like:
"No choice but to (do) x"
"We have no choice"
and other stuff I'm too lazy to think up
If they do have a choice but it's a desperate situation well, just go watch some shitty Hollywood movies, those have plenty of such situations and you'll learn some new lines.

>it's used more often when someone doesn't want to do something and has the choice to pick still.
I understand
Many thanks, 先生

>I understand
多分3割かもw
I simply can't tell you everything about this phrase because it's so flexible and can be modified in many ways and used in different situations, best advice I can give you is to just learn more English, see more English and hope you see this phrase used, the more you find it the easier it will be to understand eventually.

Attached: 1492614858938.jpg (900x1200, 175K)

I learn English on this board desu (`・∀・´)ゞ
(Reading and writing English desu)

>but figured stuff out anyway without looking anything up
凄えっす

Attached: umaru_astonish.jpg (200x200, 38K)

No time to look at a dictionary when I didn't even have internet, I just wanted to play games

I have a question from this text, particularly this line
>そこには、小箱ならぬ、茶封筒。 ちょっとしたマジックで入れ替えた外箱。
Is it simply describing that "what was in my hand wasn't a small box, but an envelope - with its contents magically swapped out"? Sorry if it's vague without much context.

Attached: 無題.png (773x659, 40K)

偉いね

Are the kanjis in the red squares 滅多 and 罠?

Attached: wat.png (333x568, 189K)

No idea what the fuck is going on but 外箱 is definitely not contents since 中身 next line is contents
Yes

I thought it could be understood as (中身を)入れ替えた外箱

The only reason why that could be a thing is if it was a double envelope with 2 different things that can be called contents.

And even in this dumb case I think it would be specified a bit better what was going on in this scene.

>but an "ordinary brown"envelope - "the casing" magically swapped out
This is what I read.
Here, in a figurative manner, "外箱" means what contained the money and the pawn ticket, which had been the 小箱 he changed to the 茶封筒.
>Actually, describing a 封筒 as 外箱 is confusing even though 外箱 generally means "casing" (because 封筒 is obviously not a "box"), but according to the style of the text the author doesn't seem not paying enough attention to his reader's convenience.

And yes, its contents (the money and the ticket) was magically swapped as well, but that's not what mentionen by
>ちょっとしたマジックで入れ替えた外箱

It'd be clearer if you post another 10 lines before and after that text..

Attached: ChaBuutou.jpg (1080x1080, 83K)

There's not really much else to clarify here, other than the MC selling off a ring in a 小箱 and using the money as described here.

Thank you. So そこには is indeed the 目の前の封筒, correct? Also, what are they saying with 「…の下!」, "below that (under the pawn ticket"?

Oh, then he is saying
"what I gave was not the 小箱 supposed to be, but a 茶封筒 instead, the casing swapped with a modicum of magic."

銀原質店質札の下は30万と思います

>そこには is indeed the 目の前の(茶)封筒
correct
>"below that (under the pawn ticket)"?
Yes. the money (under the pawn ticket).

So the 小箱 was "magically" changed into 茶封筒, which is why 外箱 is used, and the 質札 inside has 銀原質店 on it which is how the box was exchanged into an envelope, and under that is 30万

I still don't get what 四号室 is though, a name? I guess it has to be since if it was a room number then what for and why in kanji while 30万 is next to it, and then 大人さん asks if she can't move in somewhere somehow with this money.

その通りだと思いますdesu。

>which is how the box was exchanged into an envelope
And the ring into 300k yen as well desu.

Attached: 68E33C79-59CE-45B8-A0CA-59D020FED6AB.jpg (512x288, 29K)

But can a room number really be a fucking name

How do you whores survive 20 new words a day? I feel overwhelmed at that point

Thanks again! I think I got the picture now (it seems like 外箱 was the origin of my confusion).

What the 大人 is offering seems
case1. If the girl who is gonna be homeless (or desperately wanting to move there for some reason but doesn’t have enough money as of now) could move into the room number 4(四号室) of an apartment with that money he swapped with the ring
case2. If the 大人 himself can move into 四号室 of the apartment whose landlady is the girl going to be insolvent because of lack of occupants, with his 300k yen.

さすがネイティブ

So he's moving in? Fucking hell you and your context, you have no idea what makes good info.

Attached: 40C34EB3-D5FC-4A11-B76C-36EA946E832E.png (640x1136, 659K)

The parts you're seemingly having trouble on require understanding of the story as a whole. Luckily, my question didn't require this.