DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2207.7

DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for 人々 interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.
No Australians and Singaporeans allowed.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/cor.html
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: djt152.png (1098x648, 644K)

Other urls found in this thread:

djtguide.neocities.org/guide.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LjJVLYye5qw
gist.github.com/Kimtaro/50da080ff3cf6202f55a
youtube.com/watch?v=593dONr8qdY
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/nounparticles
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>頑張ればなんとかなる事もある様な気もしないでもない事もないのが世の中だし。
Can someone help with what this is trying to say here? I don't really have any clue except maybe it saying that society rewards hard work (this is ignoring しないでもない事もない which I think ends up being negative, though).
Context before was just the person motivating themselves to continue their task at hand.

Never being able to not not have the feeling that things might work out if you try is just part of being alive in the world
That unshakeable feeling that things probably won't work out in the end no matter how hard you try is just part of being alive in the world

So pretty much close to something like 「ダメ元でやってみなよ」? Since they weren't exactly giving up on what they were doing.

How do you learn Japanese pitch accent?

No

when you try to say that something yours it's doing something to you, for example
>私の先生は私を話している
isnt it redundant to say two times 私?
there's another way to formulate that kind of sentence

also whats the difference between
憂うつ and うつ病

先生 isn't yours dumb cunt
憂鬱 is melancholy and 鬱病 is the made up sickness

but MY teacher
私の whatever は私を doing something to me
i just want to know if too many 私 are redundant or not
thanks for the other, but chill user

>go to college
>take Japanese minor
>study abroad
>fail my only Japanese class
fuck
I can't learn this shit, my japanese only got worse coming here

Attached: baby borbs.jpg (471x496, 57K)

私の私は私と話している私

Both are redundant, the first is borderline grammatically wrong
私の because you don't really use the genitive case to describe people as belonging to you. If you just say 先生 it logically follows that it's your teacher.
私を because if there is no subject and the context doesn't make it otherwise obvious, then the subject is understood to be the speaker
Also, it needs to be 私に anyways

先生が私に話している
might be what you're looking for?

>に
djtguide.neocities.org/guide.html

そうでもない事はないとは言えなくもなさそうにないかなと思わずにはいられなくはない

うるさい

i just use 先生 as an example maybe would it be better with something like this ?
私の犬は私に吠えている
anyway was really helpful what you said, and the に correction, thanks anons!

お前月か

郵便屋さん

The first one still feels a bit off
I think 飼う犬 or ペット犬 might be better

No

>>頑張ればなんとかなる事もある様な気もしないでもない事もないのが世の中だし。

>>頑張ればなんとかなる事もある様な気もしないでもない
This clause means like "It''s not I am not feeling like we have something which will eventually work out if we try hard ", which is "I am feeling like things will eventually work out if we try hard", then this clause was denied by following "事もないのが世の中だし". Therefore, the whole meaning will be
"In this world that's not necessarily the case that things will eventually work out if we try hard, I feel."
So what he is saying was basically "things may fail even if we try hard". I think they are saying that as an irony of not giving up, in a very Chuni-ish smug manner.

>>私の先生は私を話している
What you meant is "My teacher is talking about me", right? so it should be
>私の先生は私"の事"を話している
As objects of the verb "話す", in general nouns should be followed "の事を", which is "(talking) about the noun".
>if the noun was folloesd by "と" or "に", which mean "(talk) with" and "(talk) to" respectively, you don't need put "の事".
And
>私の犬は私に吠えている
totally valid.
>私は私の家で私の犬をかわいがる
sounds bit redundant but not totally unaccepatble.

5人雑談 オーストラリア人のおばあちゃん
youtube.com/watch?v=LjJVLYye5qw

Jisho kanji by frequency of occurrence in newspapers
gist.github.com/Kimtaro/50da080ff3cf6202f55a

Thank you for the explanation. I think I get it, maybe.

If so, I'll appreciate so much if you point out weird points of English in my post desu.

Attached: shiitake.jpg (180x180, 9K)

>This clause means something like "It's not that I am not feeling like we have something which will eventually work out if we try hard." Which basically means "I am feeling like things will eventually work out if we try hard." This part was then negated by following "事もないのが世の中だし." Therefore, the whole meaning is something like "I think in this world it's not necessarily the case that things will eventually work out if we try hard."
>So what he is saying is basically "things may fail even if we try hard." I think they are saying that as an irony of not giving up -- in a very chuuni-ish, smug manner.
And...
>If so, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could point out any awkward English in my post です.
are how I would correct your posts. Hopefully this helped...

I also used "means something like" twice, which is sorta bad. One of two can be rephrased to "meaning something to the extent of."
I could probably rewrite the entire thing and make it sound slightly better, but I don't have the time to do so atm. ごめん...

It should also be "by the following", not "by following."

>ごめん...
とんでもございません

Attached: D6E2FEDD-1347-4F64-831B-640B04776CE4.jpg (233x278, 13K)

趣味はテレビの画面に空き缶を投げる
地元の政治家に脅迫状を送る

How do I combine these two sentences to say "My hobbies include verb and verb"

(私の)趣味はテレビの画面に空き缶を投げる”ことと”地元の政治家に脅迫状を送る"こと(です)"

オッサン臭い

ちのちゃん。。。
いい香り。。。
いい匂い。。。

ああああああ

あああああああああ
あんたは私が狂ってさせた

Attached: 1522033871555.jpg (850x1200, 248K)

オッサン臭すぎて吐きそう

これがいま日本で一番トレンディな休日の過ごし方なのに...

Attached: can.png (532x299, 229K)

日本臭い

日本の田舎に引越しして郵便屋として働きたい

Is that 斎場?

Attached: 1541188248402.jpg (68x175, 8K)

lol

郵便車を運転してジェスと呼ばれる猫を持っていたい

ならばポーランドの匂いとはどんなものか後学のために教えていただきたい
Yes desu

Attached: 5BE086E6-24E7-47AA-8EB2-B775F5742B0B.jpg (371x371, 15K)

このスレッドは失敗と自閉症の混合のように臭いがする

お前の死んだ酒飲み将軍先祖の臭いだ

アメリカ海軍に入りたい

Attached: 1546051300094.jpg (750x937, 97K)

耳かきボイス 6subtitles
youtube.com/watch?v=593dONr8qdY

What is this chinless dogshit?

>chinless
It's the true sign of manliness.
You'll never be that.

Attached: chinless.jpg (1080x1080, 250K)

Chinlessness is caused by mouthbreathing and is a sign of brain damage.

Attached: 1558475329607.jpg (1385x1209, 151K)

>お前の死んだ”先祖の”酒飲み将軍の臭いだ
先祖に公方様はおらんですなあ

Attached: 6A327201-CC92-492D-9AA7-57C40371CE39.jpg (360x270, 14K)

Is 先生 used to refer to any professional, like doctors, teachers, lawyers, etc.? If I become a lawyer, would I be a 先生?

Attached: 76676d766167d062d9efe37e4f40d6649cbe24d81471221624.gif (360x203, 1.88M)

yes.

>If I become a lawyer, would I be a 先生?
Yes, especially when they are kowtowing to you

>このスレッドは失敗と自閉症の混合のよう"な"臭いがする
Just take a bath

Attached: HuroHaire.jpg (496x316, 19K)

宇宙船を見たが誰も信じなかった

Some Japanese confirmed that ことも構わない sounds unnatural.
Can anyone explain exactly why? I wonder if it's specific to the particle も.
>私は構わない
625,000 results
>私も構わない
6 results

バスで行くことも構わない
Not that much unnatural. Actually acceptable.

>>私も構わない
>6 results
That’s weird. It’s actually very natural WHEN following the first one.
>me:オーストラリアまでバスで行っても構わないですか?”Would you mind if I visit Australia by bus?”
>you:私は構わない(よ) “I don’t mind”
>the Aussie:私も構わない(ぞ) “I don’t mind it AS WELL”

>Believing Japanese thread

They're giving you wrong answers because you're not posting the entire sentence, that jew was listing out reasons and も would fit in nicely as the last one, obviously by itself it sounds dumb.

What is the difference between these?
1. 理解しにくい
2. 理解するのは難しい

None

ぽっちゃりした彼女をゲットするために、アメリカの田舎に引越ししたい
しかし、無職者としてアメリカのビザをゲットできない

>バスで行くことも構わない
acceptable as above one said .
but its more natural if バスで行くことも厭わない . this sounds not casual though .
バスで行っても構わない sounds casual .

Basically the same.
But while the first one means simply “hard to understand”, the latter may have a nuance of “almost impossible to understand”.
>the former might have that nuance as well.. but not that much as the latter
>シンガポールアノンの日本語は理解しにくい
>オーストラリアノンのデブへの妄執は理解が難しい

なるほど。ありがとうございました。

I'm reading through Tae Kim for the first time and the last section in the noun particles section isn't getting through to me at all. Could someone explain the difference between the two example boxes? (「んだ」 attached to different conjugations vs 「んだ」 is conjugated, I think I'm just an idiot that doesn't quite understand what conjugation means)
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/nounparticles

Does Japan have derogatory slang for police? Like how we call them pigs.

それ昼間やってたなw
ネタ元になったイスラエル君がめっちゃ面白かったw

But does 行っても fit when he's already been riding buses to university the whole time?

んだ=のだ sentence ending when it's not conjugated (part of the verb ending)

頼む entrust to, to request etc > 頼んだ was entrusted etc, んだ is conjugated from む

食べたんだ ate, んだ is のだ sentence ending (ん・の is necessary to connect verbs and i-adjectives to だ, だ gives it a bit more of a masculine, definite feel (whatever the fuck that means in Japanese anyway, this shit barely does anything unless there's no other verb in the sentence, then だ is necessary unless you know what you can omit in a sentence)

答えをありがとう

Well I was hoping to use slang for cops but I didn't get a reply in time. Does this sentence make sense?

汚職警官が私を逮捕しようとしたとき、一つを胸に蹴って胸骨が折られた

>一つを胸に蹴って
I (we) can't tell what you exactly intended to say in this part
>one of the cops kicked you
汚職警官が私を逮捕しようとしたとき、一人が(わたしの)胸を蹴って胸骨が折られた
>a cop gave you one kick
汚職警官が私を逮捕しようとしたとき、胸を一発蹴られて胸骨を(or が)折られた

Took me a while but I think I understand now, ありがと

どうも皆さん、おはこんばんは
ペニスです

ペニスはどこだ

This is why I've considered killing myself on more than one occasion.

I was trying to say "When the corrupt cops tried to arrest me, I kicked one of them in the chest and broke his sternum." True story.

Attached: Ff2sUCM.jpg (3399x2585, 683K)

ポリ ポリ公 >when he's already been riding buses to university the whole time?
do you mean "when he is on his way to university or somewhere" ?
行っても is just like "if I go to" . I dont know any other connotation in it if any other context is not .

>汚職警官が私を逮捕しようとしたとき
This part is correct

>I kicked one of them in the chest and broke his sternum
>(その)一人の胸を蹴って胸骨を折った(or 折ってやった)
or
>(その)一人の胸に蹴りを入れて胸骨を折った(or 折ってやった)

in ANY TYPE OF VIOLENCE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM (EEHHEMM unlike your buddies)2) the ENTIRE WORLD KNOWS WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON & COMING...Something BIG about 2 happen?! Hmmm, could it THE 20 PAGES OF UN-REDACTED FISA [THAT EXPOSES W/O A DOUBT/ PROVIDES ALL THE EVIDENCE THE PUBLIC NEEDS 2 KNOW B4 THEY VOTE] - NOW I CALL THAT A HUUUUGE DROP (say goodbye 2 UR babie eating satanic pedo pig days & friends tick tock tick toc, should be ya'all afraid of the clock3.) AND: Ready the Memes [LMAO how u tried 2 twist it] = means get ready for the bs propaganda "NEWS" and MEME's FROM anti-TRUMP anti-AMERICAN treasonous lying cheating greedy power hungry swamp creatures worrying about their billion dollar WW biz trafficking our innocent children [u fcking piece of sht] being stopped AND worse - being CAUGHT & SENT 2 GITMO & ROT THE REST OF UR MISERABLE TIME ON EARTH]...
YOU KNOW, corrupt evil greedy pedo pigs turned scared little cry babies and the ieal, all oG ON & COMING...Something BIG about 2 hCE THE PUBLIC NEEDS 2 KNOW B4 THEY VOTE] - NOW I CALL THAT A HUUUUGE DROP (say goodbye 2 UR babie eating satanic pedo pig days & friends tick tock tick toc, should be ya'all afraid of the clock3.) AND: Ready the Memes [LMAO how u tried 2 twist it] = means get ready for the bs propaganda "NEWS" and MEME's FROM anti-TRUMP anti-AMERICAN treasonous lying cheating greedy power hungry swamp creatures worrying about their billion dollar WW biz trafficking our innocent children [u fcking piece of sht] being stopped AND worse - being CAUGHT & SENT 2 GITMO & ROT THE REST OF UR MISERABLE TIME ON EARTH]...
YOU KNOW, corrupt evil greedy pedo pigs turned scared little cry babies and the inhumane ones so far deep into it the sh*t they try anything to regain power bc they KNOW THEY'RE CAUGHT, YEAH, THEY BUSTED BABY, ABOUT 2B HUNG(Nice try but ur idiotic misleading comments wouldn't even be believed by the ones still on the fence)too bad soo sad LMAO TIC TOCK TICK TOC NO MORE TODDLERS SCKING UR ***

At least OBAMA TOLD everyone who he was blasphemously publicly shamed the Holy bible gee his mother was a royal lineage agenda 21 PURGE RAT RACE Obama. ..TRUMP DRAIN THE SWAMP. .CHEM TRAILS CRYSTAL TEC COLLECTION OF INFO WHEN YOU PUT FACE TO THESE PARABOLIC MIRRORS. ..GEE THE LORDs prayer HAS CHANGED MATTHEW 6 : 9 forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us now reads forgive DEPT as we forgive our deptures...THEY REPENTED NOT AND HAVEN'T EDUCATED THE MASSES TO SOCIAL MEDIA ADDITION. ..john rev 3 19 condemnationS...OBAMA OWNS 3RD TEMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA ADDICTION STUPID JUICE. ..mark Zuckerberg trial 1 DAY 2 WELL OBAMA. ..OBAMA OWNS FACEBOOK. Rev 13 what 7 apps are linked to Facebook what 10 kingdoms took it in..what kingdoms didn't take it in..ALEX JONES WORSHIPPED THE BEAST AND HIS IMAGE. .JONES is gone..chem trails are gone WATCH FOR THE POPPET TO PREACH NO HELL. ..DID YOU PEOPLE NOT SEE THE POPE JUST SAYING NO HELL..THEY REPENTED NOT. ..AFTER SEEING AND NOT BELIEVING. THEY LORDS PRAYER HAS CHANGED MATTHEW 6 : 9. FORGIVE TRESPASS AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US NOW READS FORGIVE DEPT AS WE FORGIVE OUR DEPTURES. ..GEE THE DEPTS ARE STILL THERE THEY REPENTED NOT. ..DEPT MONEY...GEE I WONDER WHO IS HERE. . WHAT MORE PROFF DO YOU DAMN PEOPLE NEEDThat's so rediculas its laugh out loud for real, all of it, LOL. You're just a troll or very misinformed, bc 1) Not one word about starting trouble, making scenes, encouraging and/or starting (ha or being paid encase u missed the news rpts on every channel including THE FAKE ONES U obviously get ur news frim, LOL, to be involved in ANY TYPE OF . ..

No you fucking retard, he goes to university by bus every day, not right now.

三行でまとめろ

ok my fiend

>fiend

Attached: gabrieldropout49b.png (1280x720, 1.86M)

I know of リア充, but how do you say "wagie"?

サラリ奴隷(?)

日本語で言っていいのか?

社畜?
>but they don’t necessarily hate their jobs, or have already lost the feelings of what it is like being able to hate their jobs.

Attached: B010C143-83F8-420E-9497-EC00551B35AA.jpg (480x640, 34K)

Attached: shirobako1.jpg (1240x1754, 819K)

Attached: strikewitches99.png (1920x1080, 3.68M)

今日の新しい言葉

海軍
混合
停電
宇宙船
胸骨
郵便屋

新しくない

>自律神経
>autonomic nerves
I've never heard this used in English in any casual context. Is this commonly used to speak about well-being in Japanese?

Did the 用務員 get your other post?

Attached: 1546362335785.png (762x840, 433K)

He did but he won't get this one

Attached: strikewitches38b.png (1280x720, 746K)

Attached: yuruyuri1731.jpg (400x586, 56K)

宇宙人や未来人や幽霊や妖怪や超能力や悪の組織やそれらと戦うアニメ的特撮的漫画的ヒーローたちがこの世に存在しないのだということに気付いたのは相当後になってからだった。

Attached: zombielandsaga325c.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

Attached: yakuza3.jpg (1276x717, 315K)

I tried reading this LN when I first bought it years ago and didn't get far, now I benchmark my progress with it.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-01 12-45-18.png (646x565, 439K)