17.3C (63F) in Northern Greenland right now

Greenland is melting much faster than predicted:
theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/18/photograph-melting-greenland-sea-ice-fjord-dogs-water

Maybe global warming will turn Greenland green in our lifetime

Attached: 1920.jpg (1020x612, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thestranger.com/news/2019/05/22/40268831/the-perfect-seattle-summer-will-be-a-thing-of-the-past
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleocene–Eocene_Thermal_Maximum
youtu.be/suEVUuqW6D8
youtu.be/jkfhuxqVJCI
bbc.com/news/science-environment-33209548
seattletimes.com/seattle-news/weather/second-day-of-record-breaking-heat-in-western-washington/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whats so Bad about global warning?
We will adapt to it and we will have nice weather

The melting water will literally kill the Gulf Stream, and that will have an opposite effect.
Everything freeze. The world will see another ice age, and it's about time to start to run before it's too late

equatorial and tropical areas will become unlivable for parts of the year and where do you think they will end up going?

But haven't that happened a lot of times before? Are humans the main cause or are we just accelerating it? (Genuine question, have literally 0 idea about global warming)

Wildfires are just one reason:
thestranger.com/news/2019/05/22/40268831/the-perfect-seattle-summer-will-be-a-thing-of-the-past

Attached: Global Warming Effects.png (666x443, 793K)

>The melting water will literally kill the Gulf Stream
Is this just something people say. or is there any real science behind it?
Every projection of climate change in Europe has the temperature increasing.

It is nothing new.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleocene–Eocene_Thermal_Maximum

It is just that plenty of lands will become uninhabitable and our crops are not designed to handle it. On the bright side, we may be able to colonise a portion of Antarctica.

It happened before. The biggest problem is that humans are accelerating it so much that many species and ecosystems don't have enough time to catch up.

adapt or die
that's the rule of earth

>17c in qaanaaq
that almost the north pole wtf

Attached: greenland_travel_map.png (565x600, 498K)

Yeah, it's fucking crazy...

Attached: Arctic_Sea_Ice_Age.6141_print.jpg (1024x576, 145K)

It will be quiet difficult for our society to adapt fast enough to the climate catastrophe...

its not only in America . Russian's are even more apocalyptic af.

youtu.be/suEVUuqW6D8
youtu.be/jkfhuxqVJCI

its over . time to say good bye .

So how much longer until we have an extinction level event?

Good

It has already started: bbc.com/news/science-environment-33209548

its already started ? west coast , Siberia , Green Land and so on .

We won't go extinct, hardships accelerate our technological innovation by a lot. Just look at the 20th century
Besides a couple billion humans dying is a good thing.

What the issue though?

Before
>Barren wasteland, no vegetation, zero food production

Future
>Trees, grass, food crops, more comfy life

if it gets warmer, baltic sea will be the new mediterranean. If it gets colder, me and my tribe bros are invading the south, medoids watch out

I will barricate myself in my mountain house and shoot everyone who comes near it

Are germans really this brainlet or are they larping for yous

Thank God. The sooner we drown the better.

there are people who wanted the climate change that they think warmer climate would melt their Sea .
They are thinking Arctic Ocean will be able to be used as Sea route .

the problem with these ClImAte ChAngE types is that they're also open borders

I hope the world isn't destroyed in my lifetime, I want to play bannerlord.

^This. I'd take it seriously if it wasn't a political football. Science should not be politicized. If it is, there's something rotten in Denmark.

>mass migration from tropical countries due to extremely high temperatures

there are also people who want to become the first worlder . Their excuse for discharging polluted air that contains gigantic CO2 is like what we are doing now is what all of the first worlders were once doing .

I dont know why tho .
the 2 nations are 2 big commie contries .

I sure wish Gorebull Warming was real. It's almost the first day of summer and we've had maybe 3-4 days total where it's cracked 26 degrees. I can't remember a sping this cool since I've been old enough to pay attention to the weather.

Actually the oil companies owners are engaged in a pact to push the world to the brink of destruction so aliens will be forced to step out and save us

Also the last two winters were the coldest since like the early 20th century or something.

You can't have mass production at the lowest possible cost + being CO2 neutral at the same time.

>imagine being unironically this retarded

funny thing is Hokkaido was the hottest area in Japan this spring 3 weeks or so ago .

I'll give you a protip: Only a very small part of the Earth's total surface is being temperature monitored at any given moment, so climate data samples for the most part aren't statistically useful.

I fucking love global warming. The rest of the country will have their wildfires, hurricanes, and tornadoes all the fucking time and the BASED Rust Belt will rise again.

This decade in general has been cooler than the 2000s was. I can remember some really brutally hot summers, particularly 2001, 05, 06, and 08.

More or less this. It'll be hell for a generation or two as we adjust. But in the long run it doesn't matter very much, humanity will keep thriving, just living in new places

All niggers will come to Europe. Food will become scarce and the sea probably will die.

>unprecedented change to global temperatures: "dond worry dond worry, human spirid brevails etc etc"
> Gun control: "NOO THE PSYGIG VAMBIRES ARE ENSLAVING HUMANIDY BOREBER"
fucking americans

Or if leftists didn't make a religious cult around AGW that it's the holy gospel and must never be questioned under penalty of the rack, you heretic.

The melted freshwater has a different density than the salt water and if too much fresh water gets into the northern sea the change of density in the water will affect the gulf stream.

>The melting water will literally kill the Gulf Stream

No it wont.

This, I wish glaciers stopped expanding all over Switzerland :(

You're reaching there quite a bit, friend
Most people who are anti-gun control don't even believe in climate change

BASED, keep it coming we need to go extinct to end the trannies

its not only just a climate change that come from increasing CO2 .
other chemical gases are breaking ozone layer .

this climate change is totally different from natural one that the Earth can cure itself in a human life span .

It's more like the idea that a couple of hairless pink monkey-relatives could alter a natural process that's been going on for millions of years seems a stretch.

It's theorized that it will if too much frozen freshwater is released.

The gun thing is a touchy subject here, it's equivalent to Erdogan's overthrowing of Ataturk's military system, making Erdogan a dictator. Instead of the military being used as a check against an overreaching government, the people here are armed in the event that somebody like erdogan tries to seize power in America.

Probably because this is not a scientific debate but a contest in who can throw out as much fearmongering or appeal to preconceived notions, appeal to authority, conspiracy theories and so on to convince the public who certainly aren't expected to understand climatology or anything else difficult for that matter.

>other chemical gases are breaking ozone layer

Oh yes, the ozone scare that DuPont invented when their patent on Freon was about to run out so they could get it banned and peddle a new refrigerant that actually proved more toxic than Freon was.

Are mutts willfully ignorant or are they just retarded?

please tell us more about the youtube videos you watch

We have, drastically.

Addicted to the dopamine rush from (You).

I don't want more 50 degrees in my city.

Maybe the US, somewhat colder winters are becoming a rarity in Western-Europe.
We even had 20° in februari.

kek i bet you don't even know what the Ozone layer does. If it were to disappear, your cells would be obliterated and your DNA would be scrambled like eggs as if you were rubbing your nutsack on the molten core of the Chernobyl reactor. Your flesh would fall off your bones and you would shit out your intestines. Your eyes would melt and your skin would come off with your clothes.

Since when does Western Europe get very cold winters anyway? It doesn't start to get that cold until you get inland and approach Eastern Europe. because of the moderating effect from the ocean.

O3 just absorbs uv better, right?

I do happen to know what ozone is and the reason why the South Pole had a hole in the ozone layer was because [spoiler]it's exposed to continous sunlight for six months at a time[/spoiler] which causes the ozone there to break down. Wha...you think the South Pole was full of millions of people all aiming aerosol cans at the sky at once?

yes it protects you from radiation.

Pretending to be retarded is still being retarded

Attached: 20190523_085528.png (337x449, 16K)

>The world will see another ice age,
This isn't a bad thing

Enjoy adapting to malaria.

'cold' by our standards my amerifriend. Day temperatures below 0 is considered extremely cold here.

Please ignore that MAGA brainlet: seattletimes.com/seattle-news/weather/second-day-of-record-breaking-heat-in-western-washington/

Attached: trump.png (960x500, 217K)

The difference in climate between France and Bizzaro France is pretty huge considering they're at the same latitude and it's all because of geography. One is exposed to mild ocean air, the other to continental air.

Attached: 548938943.jpg (1515x721, 219K)

My country was under like 100 meters of ice

I'm not seeing the issue

its not even MAGA's fault . actually the commie country is the champion of the CO2 emission .

Attached: images(2).jpg (650x471, 25K)

China has more than three times the population of the US.

yeah right . but its not only about the population .
what they are discharging is not only CO2 but also other toxic substances .
Nearby countries are infested with them .
pic related : South Korean capital Seoul's sky

Attached: images(3).jpg (600x400, 35K)

it's all bullshit and make believe

Attached: AP-story-1989-doom_n.jpg (960x514, 41K)