Concerning Icelanders

Concerning Icelanders.

Icelanders have been living and fishing in the cold waters of the North Atlantic for many hundreds of years. Quite content to ignore and be ignored by the world of the big countries.

Earth being, after all, full of strange creatures beyond count. Icelanders must seem of little importance, being neither renowned as great warriors, nor counted among the very wise.

In fact, it has been remarked by some that the Icelanders' only real passion is sexual relations with their relatives. A rather unfair observation, as we have also developed a keen interest in the art of failing banks, and eating disgusting food. But where our hearts truly lie...

...is in peace and quiet, and a calm sea.

Attached: torfbaer.jpg (975x642, 807K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IBNZbqPMrgw
youtube.com/channel/UCgHf8WN7VXpaBJytdJlVZGA/featured
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BJORK SUCKS DONKEY DICK

That is all.

not much of a fan myself but she looked good when she was younger.

Attached: bjorkbjorkbjork.jpg (1049x771, 348K)

How hard would it be for a French 7/10 to fuck an islandic girl ?

Can I come to Iceland and become a lawspeaker?

probably easy, Icelandic girls aren't exactly known to be conservative when it comes to sex. Especially if you have a hot accent.

hearing an Argentinian trying to recite Icelandic law would be great fun. Go for it.

Attached: 903676.jpg (820x501, 221K)

last I read we're taking in 75 refugees in 2019. Those cucks whine and protest but the general public doesn't care. Especially since a refugee was caught last month with a canister full of battery acid. Some think he was going to use it to kill himself while others think he was going to use it to attack someone, either another refugee or a local.

Public opinion on the refugee stuff has taken a big dive since then.

What was your kids TV like during the '80s and '90s? Did you get any shows from Cartoon Network, Disney, or Nick dubbed in Icelandic?

most kids stuff was dubbed, they made some attempts to dub live action stuff like kid movies and shows but I don't know of a single person that liked that shit.

Stuff like the Smurfs, the Moomins, the Flintstones, Yogi Bear was all pretty popular and dubbed when I was a kid.

Living in Iceland seem comfy exactly because of its irrelevance to the world affairs.
The only downside would probably be seeing a lot of tourists with a lot of them probably being americans with muh heritage complex.

>with a lot of them probably being americans with muh heritage complex.
americans that go to iceland all seem to be yuppies

>americans with muh heritage complex.
never met any of those desu, American tourists generally tend to be friendly but a bit too talkative and unaware of personal space.

t. Bilbur Baggunsur

It should be
t. Ragnar Halfdansson

Bilbó Bungason af Baggaætt*

Thoughts on commercial whaling?

Ever since you escaped from Norway have you taken path of least resistance. Instead of paddle all the way to USA where you could wallow in wealth, you chose to crawl ashore at the first and best rock awash you could find. Iceland occurred in its time as a gigantic volcanic diarrhea waste from the Earth's interior, and that's where you actually chose to settle - right in the planet's anus, where you clung to it like flies on a horse droppings. And that's okay - it's not unusual that flies remain on the horse droppings for awhile. Although, that doesn't mean it must have its own flag and symphony orchestra. But how did you manage to run the small gravel pit and its economy so far into the ditch, really? The answer must be that inbreeding through generations must have impaired your judgment. People who for centuries has experimented with unrestrained and irresponsible breeding between people, dwarf horse, and sheep - which has created the strangest mutations such as pop star Björk. But then all of your pocket money ran out and you asked us, your big brother, your father, your mother, to lend you money - even though we haven't heard a peep from you in nearly 1200 years. But that's alright, it's ok for you to come crawling back to beg your daddy. We are happy to lend the little child who left home a little pocket money when he's in trouble. There is actually a beating heart for you here underneath the fat wallets of ours. We always take care of you, Iceland.

don't really care either way, it doesn't really affect anything here outside triggering some weird whale lovers.

Reminds me of how Japan accepted only 25 refugees a few years ago and some were charged with rape.

thanks, boo

>it doesn't really affect anything here
It doesn't affect the local economy in any way?

I don't think we've had any rapes yet, at least none reported, Who knows what they do to each other behind closed doors.

nice trips
not really, it's some pocket money for one eccentric millionaire and a few jobs for a few weeks for the local fishermen.

Thousands of years you.mean

Not a problem, love.

>probably easy, Icelandic girls aren't exactly known to be conservative when it comes to sex
And Bjork proves it.

But don't you tax 'em to all heck?

well Iceland was only settled a little over 1100 years ago. So thousands is a stretch.

>which has created the strangest mutations such as pop star Björk.
Sigor Ros is a bit "out there" as well.

it's a bit of tax, sure but nothing that's going to make or break the economy either way. Like I said, it's 1 guy that's behind funding and managing it currently for the whole country.

Of Monsters and Men is also pretty weird.

How are you related to him?

Comfy post

Attached: image.jpg (656x492, 90K)

pretty distantly, 6 generations back.

Attached: kristjanhvalurhf.jpg (1200x883, 114K)

british and americans had a nice holiday there, that's all I recall of its history, apart from just existing, and killing all its trees.

Honestly, what happened on Iceland other than
>settled in 860
>some feuds between the families on the islands
>christened in 1000
>raided by turkish slavers/pirates once in the 17th century
>occupied by Great Britain in 1940

>nice holiday
don't forgot all the money and infrastructure that Iceland is still benefiting from to this day.

We also got one of the highest per-capita Marshal Aid payouts from the US even though Iceland was left relatively untouched by the war.

Noice

What about a white American 6/10?

why did you even ask that? half the island is related to the same folk hero from their sagas

You are not Icelandic OP or else you would have mentioned weightlifting.

The Marshall Plan also gave Iceland modern infrastructure. Place was really ass-backwards and people were still living pretty much like the Middle Ages with no electricity or indoor plumbing. There was some butthurt at Allied soldiers getting with Icelandic women though.

nice proxy

>Don't ask questions
>Just consume product and then get excited for next products

quality int posts

I suppose it's really, "why are you asking the obvious questions"

you forgot angering the jews

Attached: icerael.png (600x1100, 167K)

Weightlifting.

he is right though, Iceland was ass backwards before the war and one of the poorest countries in Europe. I think I read somewhere that the region that's Moldova today had higher GDP than Iceland in the years before the war.

A friend of mine's mom was born from an American soldier and an Icelandic mom. Her grandma refused to meet her for years after she was born due to the "shame" she brought on the family.

name an irrelevant country that starts with an I...

kek

the shame of new genetic material to the island I suppose :/

I think it was more about the out of wedlock thing because they were pretty religious but I bet there probably was a nationalistic angle to it as well.

ah yes, that's still a stigma, though it's faded a bit

true, it's pretty much completely gone now here. More children are born out of wedlock than between married couples in Iceland today.

It's a bit weird seeing couples in their 50s, that never bothered tying the knot, celebrating a 30 year anniversary but I don't really have a strong opinion on it.

why isn't iceland religious?

we're pretty religious on paper, like 70 - 80% Lutheran Christian but I guess people just don't really think much about it these days.

No questions, just posting to say i like you icelandics. I like to think about you as hardened sea-norwegians

Attached: 19018852.png (427x492, 74K)

More inbred than Alabama yet they receive 1/1000000 of the amount of inbred jokes

Obnoxious autistic freak.

Our inbreeding is more like Targaryen inbreeding, you guys just get the regular old retards.

Bjork's parents were hippies anyway who practiced free love and her real father was some Inuit stud.

What do Icelandics even do all day? Unironically.

not many Inuits here, bigger chance he was Saami.

>Iceland
>it's not fully covered in ice
And you guys call yourselves a real country?

drink, eat, fuck, take depression pills, work, sleep and occasionally go hang out with friends at a restaurant or see a movie. Also hang out on the Internet all day long, one of the highest % of Internet penetration in the world.

Also lots of vacations, bunch of Icelanders in Spain and Florida any time of the year.

Hosting great moments in superpower relations.

Attached: 8764567.jpg (1013x344, 112K)

is Icelandic culture closer to Ireland/UK or Norway? Asking because of your weird heritage

named by a butthurt Norwegian that didn't realize winters got cold, like some sort of retard, and his cattle starved to death during the winter.

Why would it have anything in common with the British Isles? They came there from Norway and were almost totally isolated for about 900 years.

Reminder that we own Bobby Fischer now.

Somewhat I guess, it's a commonly said that Irishmen and Scots are the best drinking partners for an Icelander to have.
Overall we're culturally closer to Norway and the other Nordics though.

Funnily enough Icelanders are genetically about 50% Celtic, believed to be thanks to young single men sailing out of Scandinavia and finding wives/slaves in the British Isles before settling in Iceland.

floki was a good boy dont bully

Everyone knows that Vikings wantonly kidnapped Irish women as brides.

There were celtic monks in Iceland before Norwiegans

there's a small hotel now where he landed called "Flókalundur" (Floki's grove).
Just so weird to think that a Norwegian of all people could be caught unprepared for winter.

good country

Rude

One of my great-grandparents was an Icelandic fisherman. Had a nice beard from the pics.
Sigur ros and Sólstafir is nice.
You make nice sweaters, I want one for the winter.
All I know about Iceland desu.

Do icelanders know all people in their country?

I imagine you can point at random man and he will be a relative of your realative; or your acquaintance's acquaintance.

>nor counted among the very wise
Icelandic lawspeakers like Snorri Sturluson are highly regarded internationally.

>Do icelanders know all people in their country?
nah but there's always a chance to run into random people more than once in your life. 340k is a lot of people and about 2/3 of us live in the same area.

sure but that wouldn't fit the quote I stole.

Do people move to other countries? Is emigration a problem?

it was bad around the crash in 2008, we had a brain drain to Scandinavia. Made worse by the fact that it's very easy to move between Nordic countries and get way better pay for doing the same thing in Norway/Sweden/Denmark. It's pretty stable now though.

youtube.com/watch?v=IBNZbqPMrgw

what do you think about this documentary?

Is icelandic youtube thriving? What are popular channels?

>what do you think about this documentary?
looks cool, I'll check it out.

>Is icelandic youtube thriving? What are popular channels?
Most Icelanders with Youtube channels usually cater to foreigners, I can't recall any regularly uploading Icelandic Youtube channels making content for Icelanders.

More attention to be made from foreigners and most of us are huge attention whores, as this thread of mine also shows.

that said the biggest one I know about is mörges

youtube.com/channel/UCgHf8WN7VXpaBJytdJlVZGA/featured

There is a terrible intimacy to everything political, so people place a great emphasis on personal privacy. So even when we had the first lesbian prime minister in the world, her sexuality was never a bone of political contention; she did not really flaunt it either for good boy points or lame stuff like that.

Attached: norwayhug.png (846x720, 365K)

When I was last there, a lot of girls looked similarly chubby to American girls. Pretty sure theres stats to back this up too; Icelanderic women are slightly ahead of American women obesity rates. Has this improved?

P.S. Say Hi to Davíð for me, he is a real top notch guy and fun to hang out with.

What about the great Snorri Sturlason or Haftor? One of the top countries in worlds strongest man also