Do you remember the 2003 heat wave?

Do you remember the 2003 heat wave?
In France people weren't prepared to sup 35°C temperatures and as a result 15,000 people died

Attached: 800px-Canicule_Europe_2003.jpg (800x678, 193K)

I remember seeing something about overheated French on the news, but I can't believe it was so long ago.

I remember. Does France have widespread air conditioning now?

Most people here were still in kindergarten in 2003

No. We tell people to drink water.

They died? How the hell did they die? That's retarded

>yfw if it happens it might just solve our debt problem caused by too many boomers leaching pension compared to people working and paying taxes

French "people" can't survive 35ºC degrees?
Wow Whites are truly the master race

Attached: 1539671738542.jpg (886x1200, 377K)

No we don't
Houses in the south are usually well designed and are decently fresh in summer. It only sucks in bed because still too warm.

heat stroke. This summer there were many deads in Japan too

>35 degrees
Its was 35 degrees last weeks ,are French bois just pussies

i thought negros were supposed to be well adapted to the heat

Attached: 1529499675378.png (657x527, 31K)

>35°C
>high for France
I walked in short-sleeved t-shirt during your """"""winter""""" this year.

Last summer had another big heat wave in Europe, I rememeber all the Scandis complaining that they were spontaneously combusting at 25 degree temperatures.

France has a very mild climate, especially in the west
t.10° during winter and 25° during summer

Zoomer scum.

It was in Paris desu.

all the old people with tin roofs cooked in there homes bc they couldnt leave

Still not, usually it doesn't go higher than 30°C more than 2 or 3 days a year in the Northern half of the country, so people don't have air conditioning

>15,000 people died

Attached: 1443304090814.png (500x656, 148K)

ZOOM

>15 000 dead frogs
You are just saying that to make me feel good

Deshydratation.

That was pollution.

All of Western Europe is just kind of chilly and damp in wintertime, it's usually between 0 and 7 degrees and actual frigid conditions with snow is rare. By the time you reach Germany, the winters start to get colder and snow is more common. The nearest analogue in the US would be the Pacific Northwest.

Attached: e22809b314e045d9043b91755e7030f1.png (533x733, 302K)

it was only old people, probably people that would be dead in a few month anyway.
the whole panic was dumb

Can we have another already? we need to get rid of a lot boomers.

Winter nights are longer than in the continental US though due to the higher latitude.

That's why I hate Eastern Euros. They think France is a med country with a med climate. Average year temperature in my town is 10°C, like 2°C more than in Warsaw

this guys know his stuff

I remember that, I recollect images of french people bathing in fountains, and floating in the sein (a sight not seen since the 16th century)

Ethnic French only smiled, niggers and other shitskins were terrified and shaked when they saw me walking like it's summer. So it's all good.

Attached: 1555118843431.jpg (440x465, 45K)

This tb.h

same as Burgos, Soria, Lugo, Leon, Valladolid, Avila, CUenca, Teruel etc...
And they are still mediterranean in climate.
Mediterranen climate just means your climate has a lot of its rain concentrated in the "winter half" of the mounth, from October to March, and a clear summer dry period

>The nearest analogue in the US would be the Pacific Northwest.
But not completely because in the PNW, the summers are just about bone-dry. Seriously, precipitation virtually ceases between May and September.

What the fuck is Jack Bauer doing

this is what makes Mediterranean climates so unique and rare in the world, 95% of the world gets evenly distributed rain, or more in the summer/spring period.
Only Mediterranean climates have an extremely dry summer, that's why rain is associated with winter in Mediterranean countries :)

I'm sure this happened user

Sure, I was 20 at the time. If I remember correctly it was mostly older people that died of dehydration

>all of these 15 y.o. edgy lords itt

ignore them, France
i express my sincere condolences to the victims of anomaly heat

Well most of the country does benefit from the jet stream. The winter in most of France is mild indeed, as it has a very long coastline with the Atlantic and the Channel.
They won't think England is a med country for having mild winters as well

underrated

This biome is found on the west coast of the US and in part of Chile, South Africa, and Australia.

Why are the french so insecure about the fact that they are med?

Seattle is very close to Lugo, in northwest Spain

Attached: lugo vs seattle.png (1125x709, 184K)

Że co? Że murzyni trzęsą się jak pizdy podczas Francuskiej "zimy" ? Czy fakt, że napierdalam koks i jestem wysoki? A 90% bambo to jebane chudzielce?

Attached: French_nazi_extreme_right.jpg (1050x400, 82K)

The French countryside was so comfy that nobody wanted to move to Quebec where they'd freeze to death and get eaten by bears or something so they had to ship a boatload of prostitutes there (Les Filles Royes) to encourage people to breed.

o kurdę, przepraszam

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

another very close match, is Figueira da Foz in Portuguese coast, at latitude 40N, and San Francisco 38.5N

Attached: figueira san fran.png (1125x671, 182K)

Tata mówił, żeby nie przepraszać.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

You just picked mountainous cities. My town is at sea level. If you take mountainous cities like Annecy then it's gonna be much lower than a 10°C average

wtf I love summer now

I don't remember it, but in 2003 I was 16 and living with my parents in fucking Thrace where the heat and sun is hellish so in summer I wouldn't go out after midday.

based

Attached: 1455715027930.jpg (471x590, 121K)

Yeah, we nearly got 40°.

as you can see the american west coast is even more mediterranean than Portuguese cities.
You need to go to Israel to find 0mm in some months like San Francisco has!!!!

>15,000 people died
pathetic french """""""people""""""" can't handle a little heat

at least they can handle a balcony

Portuguese and Spanish all-time highs(47.4ºC and 47.3ºC) were recorded in that heat-wave

Israel is at the same approximate latitude as Texas.

London year average temperature is 11°C which is exactly the same as Paris (1°C can be attributed to pollution and urban density), neighboring cities like Reims are a flat 10. Only in Northern England and Scotland do the temperatures get relatively low

cringe

Because France is as med as the Rhineland, B-W and Bavaria are

meds wuz stealing our jubz in the past

seething med

>35 degrees Celsius
>15000 dead

Wtf just drink some water lmao

fuck off i went on vacation to faro last week and it was 26 degrees at most

Not a single drop of med blood

He's not wrong.

The Mediterranean during summer gets the air flow out of the Sahara so temperatures get pretty brutal.

french and krauts are weak and mentally deranged people. fact

Attached: pipo.gif (28x28, 2K)

surprisngly they are not, i often see blacks in metro and bus compeltely tired and piss-off by the heat.

>the whole panic was dumb
15k people. Dude that's India tier

It was really hot.

You can easily smell them as well.

80% of the country's isn't even close to the med coast and the people historically living near it aren't even really French but Basque, Catalan and Italian.

Embrace your heritage, Piere

Attached: 1559417079414.gif (338x436, 35K)

Are you in the middle of a "who will be the most edgy" contest?

Basques are nowhere near the Mediterranean Sea though

Dead Frenchie is a good Frenchie

Attached: file.png (399x201, 169K)

to be fair, they were really old, it's not like you go pass 60y in 3rd world countries like usa or russia