Latam and Caribbean cultural spheres

Is this right?

Attached: Latam3.png (800x1000, 108K)

the venezuelean and colombian coast are kinda caribbean culturally, but as a whole they are their own thing

Actually seems acurate.

there's more french areas than quebec and not all of quebec is french

South Brazil is Platine

I'd say Panama is its own thing.

Strong Caribbean and Mesoamerican influences with an ironically small amount of Granadine influence.

The Peruvian is right, coastal Congolombia and Venezuela are pretty much their own thing.

essentially yes, however, I'd split the anglophone, francophone, batavophone and hispanophone caribbean islands up.
guyana and belize would stay with the anglophone caribbean, suriname with the batavophone caribbean and french guiana with the francophones obviously.

Southern Chile is more similar to Argentina than Peru. I feel like we are really different to Peru, Bolivia and specially Ecuador. But I think most people feel like their country is unique so might be biased

We ain't, really

cringe

Where my /carib/ niggas at

no, of course cultural spheres don't correspond to national borders.

this map of dialectal Spanish gives a better idea (Caribbeans, highlanders, Rioplatenses, Chileans etc).

Attached: Variedades_principales_del_español.png (2753x1400, 148K)

Costa Rica is probably.more similar to inland Colombia than Venezuela itself.the accent is almost undistinguishable + same looks due to same tribe amerindian ancestors + coffee culture

big up

Bolivia for me feels as foreign as China whereas Venezuela, even if they speak really weird, doesn't feel nearly as alien.

The Caribbean region could be divided:

- Anglo Caribbean (Bahamas, Barbados, Jamaica, etc)
- French Caribbean (Haiti, Martinique, Guadaloupe, etc)
Hispanic Caribbean (Cuba, Dominican R., Puerto Rico)
Dutch Caribbean (Bonaire, Curaçao, Suriname)

Panama can be grouped in "Caribbean". Very little Mesoamerican influence (their Natives are linguistically Chibcha).

Also, no sense separating Ecuador from southwestern Colombia, or Andean Colombia in general.

>Very little Mesoamerican influence (their Natives are linguistically Chibcha).
You are ignoring the fact that they have received a significant amount from Central America, which has inexorably shaped their culture.
>Also, no sense separating Ecuador from southwestern Colombia, or Andean Colombia in general.
I agree to a certain extent but this is a side effect from the fact that it's very hard to transform cultural identities from cultural continuums into binary (yes or no), maybe for someone from Huila, Ecuador feels more similar to their own culture than someone from Venezuela, but for someone from Sucre, Venezuela will feel closer than Ecuador.

Each color should be one country

>they have received a significant amount from Central America
Not him but Costa Rica, yes, nicas mainly. Panama I do think so. Anyway, is there a significant difference between nicas and ticos?

we are our own thing

Nope, Brazil needs to be divided as well

paraguay? we have nothing to do with them culturally... theyre their own thing