Singapore General

I’m a burger preparing to travel to Singapore for a month or so with some lads to study mandarin. What should I know/expect?

I already know all information available on normie travel sites.

Attached: 5D36C6C3-0304-4ABC-A82B-2619A6757AE2.jpg (1400x950, 239K)

everyone gonna be avoiding your foreigner ass

Singapore is one of the most travelled nations in the world with literal millions of tourists. Probably not going to stand out too much especially compared to the masses of the orient being way worse than me.

>study mandarin

>another amerigan dorist :DDDDD

fuck chinks and learn malay

Empty your wallet and go home.

Attached: f23414fa.png (559x475, 67K)

It's one of the richest, cleanest, most developed places in the world. Imagine the nicest areas of NYC but cleaner and with more greenery.
It's kept in line with strict controls on the life of residents though. They impose large fines for all sorts of little things like walking naked in your house without properly closing the curtains, feeding pigeons, connecting to someone else's WiFi, or playing a musical instrument publicly in a way that could be annoying to someone.

>study mandarin
Ayup. I’m a junior chinese studies major at university. Already know enough to get around

Somehow I don’t buy that flag

>Singapore
>for a month
>study mandarin
nigger you can see everything in this city in like 3 days, and half the people don't even speak Mandarin properly. who thought this was a good idea?

Attached: 1545329819512.png (645x773, 11K)

expect locals both male and female to want to suck your superior white cock

What is life like over there? Are you natives or some expats' kids? Have you been to that pool on top of that bigass hotel?

life sucks
im an expat kid, lived here my whole life, racially chinese, but parents are not from china, so i consider myself a local
yes but only once like 8 years ago, might go there again someday

What's bringing you down user?

no goals, no direction in life, and no gf

Its asia 101 so if you face any serious difficulty here pls kys yourself

same as me then. enjoy the little things, life could be a lot worse.

is it hard to get a job for someone born and raised there? have you ever been mugged? what was school like in terms of difficulty and getting along with classmates? is orchard road worth visiting?

i heard chinks are first tier citizen in singapore, than whites, then other asians, then arabs and blacks. is that true

>is it hard to get a job for someone born and raised there? have you ever been mugged?
im a NEET at the moment but from what everyone is saying yes it is pretty hard to get a job
never been mugged
>what was school like in terms of difficulty and getting along with classmates?
it was hard, but ive been in the "top schools" my whole life so maybe it was different in other schools, but i would say school here is probably harder than anywhere else except china, hong kong, and korea
yes it wasnt hard to get along with classmates, although if you were in shittier schools you probably had to deal with schoolmates acting like hooligans
>is orchard road worth visiting?
its just for shopping. you wont see anything new there if you are already familiar with higher end fashion brands and such. just go there for one afternoon or something and check it out
there arent many arabs and blacks here, but they dont get discriminated against
the ones that get the most hate are foreign workers from bangladesh, china, and SEA like indonesia and philippines

what area are you hoping on getting a job in eventually and what's the market for it over there? having frequented the top schools doesn't help with it?

i'd love to visit one day, working would be good too, but i'm just a retarded college dropout kek

thanks for answering user

Attached: 1372566263278.png (180x200, 17K)

i still havent decided what i wanted to do or pursue yet, and i kinda flunked the major exams so my educational background probably wont be too helpful
just visit us. theres not much to see here but at least the food here is good and cheap (enough) lol
you can probably finish sightseeing the important things to see here within three days or so
:)

>so with some lads to study mandarin.
Why

Because we are all good friends and Chinese studies majors. And we wanted to travel abroad without dealing with china’s autism. And Singapore is a cool place that offers top tier relatively cheap tutoring

What’s actually living there like?

What’s the average day like? Why is Singapore labeled the “most expensive city to live in”? Would you consider it ‘boring’ to live there long term the way anyone who lives from a touristy place might?

Is there anything I should know about traveling there that a normie travel site hasn’t already informed me of? How can I be a good tourist?

Be prepared to be stared at and looked at weirdly when you're asking for directions. It's honestly a whole country smug smarmy introverts

I don't wanna waste 2 years if my life guys ;_;

Attached: ccfwgvvfzrrlhno2fb0c.jpg (680x440, 46K)

Military service is fun. You get paid to train and hang out with your bros.

If you get into the support vocations, you won't have a bad time but you'll get fucked by office politics instead

I'm applying for a IT related one but if I don't get in I'll likely be put in some meme front line combat group

I'm more ticked off people are finishing their undergrad and I'm stuck in some jungle

Attached: 1542895001858.jpg (480x454, 61K)

I think you'll have a higher chance to get in because of the change they did when choosing your vocation, just pray your pes status doesn't fuck you over if you don't

>I’m a burger preparing to travel to Singapore for a month or so with some lads to study mandarin.
you're retarded

I'm sure it will they gave me PES A lmao

I'm really disturbed the whole mental assessment thing is just a mcq list lmao, surprised no I'll suited soldier has fragged their sergeant yet

doesn't really happen afaik, at most the recruits and sergeants fight during mono intakes and fights in units get settled internally. That's the funniest part, every unit has its own culture which can get based. Also all the crazies start their keng process at the check-up and if they're unlucky they just end up in sembawang camp or kranji

>keng process at the check-up

How does someone do that?

Attached: Bg_coach.jpg (525x461, 23K)

burger, my son. it is time for you to study mandarin. will you:
1. spend a month living in one of the most expensive cities in the world, whose main language is not even Mandarin to boot, or
2. spend a month in actual China for a fucking fraction of the cost?

Attached: 1509014772329.png (403x448, 53K)

Tbh it's better to learn in Singapore and put it to use in China (PRC/ROC)

It's true that your leader said that Air Conditioning brings economic growth?

Probably the most boring place in all of South East Asia. It's basically a huge air-conditioned mall with assholish mall cops. You will get bored after 3 days.

Feel free to contribute to the local street art scene. Singapore greatly appreciates artistic expression.

You will be fine just with English. Don't reinforce the Chinkoid colonisation of this Malay city.

seething

>Street art
Enjoy canning William Zhang

T.apu januz kolobowski mahmut langkawi

Singapore is so boring and soulless I wish there was more crime, slums, garbage and drugs.

open borders between ASEAN, Chong :^)