Why is mental illness so common in the US?

Why is mental illness so common in the US?

Attached: 1560920787333.jpg (527x702, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_schizophrenia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because getting mental help is expensive and taboo

is this the real frogmode?

This. Americans don't take mental health seriously.

>innocent school shooting victims
YEAH HARASS EM

Our culture has become toxic.

Why it's expensive to just meet a therapist? It's doesn't cost 21$ on average here (Vietnamese therapist, higher if it's a foreign one) and that's is a private company. Never went to a therapy session in hospital though.

Its expensive because therapists can charge that much.
They charge however much they think insurances will pay to get the most money that they can
And if you don't have insurance, you'll more than likely deal with your mental issue than empty your wallet

You invented all the DSM classification.

Attached: 41DVsVYbnRL._SX347_BO1 204 203 200_.jpg (349x499, 25K)

He means Americans (regular people) don't take it seriously
Ask any American over the age of 45 their opinion of mental health

What the fuck happened to him?

Attached: 1555483982253.png (550x497, 146K)

He drank tap water once

We had institutions for it, but then we decided to do abuses of that system to dump every mentally ill person we had, on the street.
And now they roam, also this --->

Attached: 1237497507586.jpg (375x500, 98K)

Horrible culture and overmedicating

You mean you used to cull them?

We had institutions for it, (assylums) but it turned into just throwing anyone who wasn't perfect into a building, not helping them, and keeping them practically indefinitely. With tons of abuse.
Essentially a jail, but with no trial. And it was hard to prove that you were better mentally. So getting out was near impossible

Mental hospitals are still a thing though and it's basically the same. Also if you're under 18 they can keep you there for months or probably even years, that fucks with people badly that are already mentally unstable.

shit country

I thought most were phased out, and that the only thing left was like mental wards in hospitals where you can still leave if you're not suicidal I think
I can see how itd fuck you up. Being trapped with only nuts, and saying "I'm better" will just be treated like a lie to get out

Take the mentally unwell > put them into jails > they get better > say they're not > they become worse > this is justification to keep them longer

CAPITALISM it's made everyone scizofrenic

I bet this is part of the Democratic party's plan to ban guns - blaming guns and not mental health.

ok sven go home and have fun

What are you even going on about?

We're products of our environment

If you're above 18 you can leave in some states. In places like California though they can just lock you up there if they think you need to be

I have a friend that went to one he said was nice, I've been to 2 and they were run down and pretty fucked up

Attached: SeclusionOrRestraint600.jpg (600x799, 496K)

Shit diet

Most Americans aren't mental, they're just illiterate and lack basic comprehension skills.

I stayed in one for two weeks and they gave a shot that debilitated my muscles for 6 months. That 6 month period was the only time I was ever suicidal.

Why do Americans fatten up so easily?

we dont have to wait in line for 8 hours to get 2 grams of bread

Didn't you used to line up for government cheese?

Attached: 8611dd47025abf46f13a47680d0dde90.jpg (1440x1080, 220K)

Sedentary lifestyle and high fructose corn syrup

we still do

Nani

It is?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_schizophrenia

We got awesome snacks and drive everywhere instead of walking.

You know i'm right amerishart lol

the economy is really bad. Record homelessness, underemployment, unemployment. High inflation and taxation. Depression since 01

Attached: sgs-gdp.gif (500x320, 15K)