What's wrong with the American education system...

What's wrong with the American education system? They make some stupid posts and I'm wondering if its something to do with their primary and secondary education system

Attached: 15390813563922.png (643x521, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CuauPpjqo
investopedia.com/terms/p/parsonageallowance.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They should be scrapped

>falling for bait that shitty

Not gonna lie.
A lot of Australians don't even know sikhs are a thing and would probably think they're muslims also.

>implying its bait
>implying yanks aren't actually that fucking stupid

Same here. There are just much more american posters, in this way you can profit on a wider area of specimens.

why do you guys call it bait? the fish bite on the hook, the "bait" is redundant

Whenever I'm being genuinely retarded people think I'm baiting and whenever I'm doing it for shits and giggles people take it hook line and sinker.

you don't learn these things from school,doubt any primary and secondary school teaches what sikhs are, they're just stupid and ignorant and think they're smart so they don't bother learning anything

cunt I learned about sikhs at school

we did it in a religious education class. I also feel like it's a bit unfair on our American friends as your average Brit probably knows more Sikhs than most Americans have seen in their lives.

>think they're smart
I don’t think they do, though

Yeah because they're more relevant in your country than ours. Learning about Sikhs here is like learning about Zoroastrianism or Animism.

Our public schools are meant to stay away from any virtually any religious discussion to begin with. It's actually pretty controversial to teach kids anything about religion in this country unless you are homeschooled or go to a private school.

>any virtually any
*Virtually any

Fucking typos

Sadly too many people do. My father-in-law is a huge idiot when it comes to world history but he thinks he knows everything. All he really somewhat knows is US history after WWII.

>we did it in a religious education class.
Yeah we don't really have that. We have diversity promotion classes , I suppose, but those only really go over religions you might actually encounter in the US.

they do, always presenting their opinions as fact, opinion is almost always retarded, pay more attention and notice the pattern, it's too hard to miss

>It's actually pretty controversial to teach kids anything about religion in this country unless you are homeschooled or go to a private school.
That's fucking stupid, there's nothing wrong with teaching about religion and what people believe. In school we visited a mosque and a Synagogue to learn about what people believe, it wasn't "now time to pray to Allah"

Or maybe you're just grossly stereotyping the most common nation of origin for Jow Forums posters. It's called a nadir fallacy.

Just a thought

Separation of church and state as a concept is taken very seriously here, desu. Usually such education is meant to be taught by parents, but with the state of social capital in this country they really don't get taught anything about religion at all.

I'm particularly well of in terms of this as j went to a high end private catholic school that had a lot of foreign exchange students from Eastearn Asia and the Middle East who were Buddhists and Muslims. Also talking about theology was , obviously, a pretty major theme of such a school.

>Separation of church and state as a concept is taken very seriously here, desu
We know that's a lie

>Separation of church and state as a concept is taken very seriously here,
Bullshit, pastors can pay fuck all tax because of a loophole that congress won't change youtube.com/watch?v=Q3CuauPpjqo

No, it is. When people are taught about creationism in southern public schools it's a national scandal that draws ire from every corner of the country. You're not even allowed to have a cross in the classroom, and people have sued over such things and won.

Our country being the size of Europe with a little less population density btw...

>Nbc report about tax loopholes for churches
Also applies to synagogues and mosques... yeah places of worship don't get taxed a lot.

I meant the Parsonage allowance investopedia.com/terms/p/parsonageallowance.asp

>actually taking any post made from anonymous people seriously

...yeah, like I said, seperation of church and state is taken very seriously here. Any taxes at all applied towards places of worship are controversial. There are a lot of exemptions for such people and establishments.

If you think that's ridiculous you should see what laws regarding Hasidic and Orthodox Jewish people are like.

because free (You)'s

it's not just Jow Forums, twitter, youtube comments, you name it

>Flag
Oh, then you shouldn't be one to shit talk desu

In grade 8 we learn about world religions.