Getting sent to Africa

My boss sold a bunch of product to Malabo, Equatorial Guinea.. and I have to fly out there to deliver it.

How fucked am I?

Attached: 690px-Map-Africa-Regions.png (690x717, 344K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HB780oK6F9M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teodoro_Obiang_Nguema_Mbasogo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good luck with the visa shit, it can be difficult for tourist visa. Idk about business

>Draft a will and designate appropriate insurance beneficiaries and/or power of attorney.
>Discuss a plan with loved ones regarding care/custody of children, pets, property, belongings, non-liquid assets (collections, artwork, etc.), funeral wishes, etc.

I pray that I can't get a visa. I see that there are flights there, I mean, there is one flight at runs from NY to Frankfurt, then I get out and catch a flight to Lagos that then continues to Malabo. A nice relaxing 24 hours later...

My friend has been there and to several other African countries before. He works with a major telecom company. Remember to take malaria shots if you’ve never had malaria before. They are nice people.

Do I have to drink bottled water and be very careful with food there?

What do you think?

>Equatorial Guinea
be careful. If nothing changed its a shitty country ruled by a brutal dictator. It's one of the most corrupted country and they imprisoned a few Europeans who worked there under false accuses IIRC

Yes, I would probably even if people told me I didn't have to. But it would make me feel better if the honest answer was "Oh it's oil rich now and they have good sanitation and everything is safe!"

I guess I'll just pack a bunch of packaged food.

Fugg.

Just take your shots, ibuprofen and paracetamol with you since you’ve never been to a third world country before. You’ll be fine man.

last year i was sent to Johannesburg, now i love Africa but not Africans.

LMAO are americans that scared of Africa? Its just countries like others, racism fucked your brain

>I am getting paid by my company to visit other countries
>I suffer so much in the first world

Attached: seriously.jpg (193x251, 8K)

>I suffer in Africa

Attached: 1560481478838m.jpg (1024x576, 34K)

You'll be fine you wuss.

t. algerian

Attached: IMG_20190504_134202.png (830x500, 129K)

>ibuprofen and paracetamol with you since you’ve never been to a third world country before.
Why is it very important to take those with you? I mean I normally have a "sick kit" I take on these trips but, should I be taking those every day to protect me against something? I know this is a dumb question.

Thanks.

Anything but South Africa (and even then kinda sketch) is considered fairly dangerous to Americans. And even South Africa you have to be very careful from what I have heard.

Stop believing memes, *****s are the only dangerous type of Africans

Why do you have to go yourself? Why not send the product through some postal company?

Juan, i traveled all around the world because of my job.
Yes, i already went to Angola, Nigeria and South Africa.
Africa is fine.
"OH but the homicides!"
Only if you go to a fucking ghetto
Why would you go to a ghetto?
Because is exotic?
"I went to a favela in Rio and was robbed!"
Ohhh serious???
Stop being retardeds, fuckers

t.

youtube.com/watch?v=HB780oK6F9M

>Oh it's oil rich now
Go do a little Wikipedia reading on Equatorial Guinea. The distribution of wealth in that country is even more grotesquely uneven than most anywhere else. The president and his retard playboy son (was friends with Saddam's sons) have most of it. Life there is pure third world shit for the common person.

The product goes by freight but requires some training and explanation.

This is the most obvious question here.

Italian embassy says that there's an increase in criminality in the city of Malabo and to be careful kek. But advices sounds like common sense:
don't go out at night
avoid crowds
don't go out alone
don't take pictures
don't use collective taxis or if you do be very careful
don't oppose to the frequent controls by police.

I don't see how 3:15 describes americans exclusively and not the average lurker on this site

They're also famous to be very authoritarian and censor everything. They imprisoned and killed many humans right activist, journalist and artist. I wanted to visit an island there but even just getting the permit for that was a pain in the ass. But don't be afraid, if you don't do stupid things nothing will happen

I really resent the shit out of people like you. I've only been out of the country once and would jump at the chance to run that errand, and here you are being an ignorant memeing pussy. Pack your sense of adventure and your balls and explore a bit.

>he's never been on a business trip before
mr. shekelstein makes sure you land right before your meeting, usually in europe you land in the morning and then do the meeting in the afternoon, and then makes your return flight immediately after to fly home. I've even done trips where I've floor from NY to Hong Kong, had a meeting in the morning, then flew right back the next day.

Now this guy can do that, only he gets to fly to some warlords country, get poisoned by the water, and potentially end up in some political conflict between the savages. Sounds like a real gem, I'm sure he'd love you to go for him.

I used to take business trips within the US that weren't like that but yeah fuck. Life is just gay.

It's pretty much this. I mean my boss isn't a huge dick, he flys me business class on a long hauls and tries to give me a breather, although yeah when I fly to Germany for business I usually land in the morning and then have a meeting that afternoon which is brutal. What usually happens is you have meetings the next day, and then they find out you are flying in the day before and say "well lets meet the afternoon of the day you land!" - this happens every time basically.

Honestly it would be neat to go to Africa for a safari or something but this trip will not be that. Flying to Germany or even Hong Kong is pretty easy, but once you have to worry about food, water, sickness, and if where you are staying is safe, along with getting your work done, it's not that appealing to me. It is what it is though, gotta work.

>on March 12–13, 2009, Saturnino Ncogo Mbomio, a member of banned political party died in police detention at Evinayong, ostensibly in possession of weapons for a coup. He died from a fractured skull, allegedly gotten in a suicide attempt falling from his bunk bed.[1]
sounds like a cartoon villain explanation almost

Yeah some of those African dictators really are over the top.

kek yeah their "president" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teodoro_Obiang_Nguema_Mbasogo is like Idi Amin 2. I was interested in Equatorial Guinea because Spanish is one of the official languages, but I've changed my mind. Better to visit The Gambia or other chill countries

brofen for the headache you’ll receive from travelling
Paracetamol for the temperature you’ll get from the water or interacting with locals

Listen to the other Africans it’s not >that dangerous.

>Paracetamol for the temperature you’ll get from the water
>temperature you’ll get from the water

Attached: 1449105755605.png (1106x1012, 525K)

>In July 2003, state-operated radio declared Obiang "the country's god" with "all power over men and things." It added that the president was "in permanent contact with the Almighty" and "can decide to kill without anyone calling him to account and without going to hell." He personally made similar comments in 1993. Macías had also proclaimed himself a god.
>Nguema's opponents have accused him of cannibalism in reference to claims that he has consumed parts of his enemies in order to exhibit power.

Attached: 1487459708902.jpg (267x200, 7K)

getting a temperature = getting a fever without cold, sore throat, etc etc

the water will give you a fever?

Attached: 1461792282279.gif (200x200, 3.56M)

Well yes. Water can make you infected and cause fever etc

how did I get into this mess.

Attached: 1500593411118.jpg (1200x900, 340K)

You could be moving to Europe where there’s better water than India or africa, you’ll still be likely to catch a fever. Since you’re introducing your body to “foreign” water that you’re not used to.

I'm in Europe all the time and never had an issue.
India I know better than to drink the water.

well for a start they have a lower murder rate than america so itss not as bad as youd think