Are people in your country perpetually convinced that crime is increasing even as the crime rate drops to historic lows?

Are people in your country perpetually convinced that crime is increasing even as the crime rate drops to historic lows?

Attached: factor-graph1.png (627x332, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

infoplease.com/us/crime/homicide-rate-1950-2014
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What? In our country the crime rate has never been as high.

yes. racists are weird

>be sweden
>some person tosses a grenade
>get blown up
>Swedish government ignores incident in order to keep it's false reputation

Yes, media loves to trumpet the tiny tiny amount of scare stories. Everyone shits their pants over school shootings, but meanwhile you are far more likely to die of a heart attack or a car accident or cancer. But those don't make the headlines

Your pic shows violent crime increasing for the past ten years, are you fucking retarded?

I wonder why

US murder rate has been going up since 2014:

Attached: US Homicide Rates 2017 + Guam.png (902x848, 62K)

No it doesn't you retard

No it doesnt.

>2010: 19%
>2011: 23%
>2012: 26%
Please be bait
You fuckers can't actually be this stupid

Attached: violent-crime.gif (800x600, 14K)

It does on that graph, yes.

2010: 19%
2011: 23%
2012: 26%

Of course, the graph cuts off there making it a useless graph, but it clearly shows an increase for the latest years it covers. Pic related shows similar, there was a violent crime increase in the mid-10s though it never got as bad as it did in the 80s

Attached: asher-ucr-2016-0922-1-corrected.png (1150x950, 21K)

>ten years

Daily reminder that these graphs and studies never show data before the 1940s. because they don't want you to realise that the developed world is unironically more violent today than it was a hundred years ago.

It's been increasing since 2010, almost 10 years.

>Your pic shows violent crime increasing for the past ten years, are you fucking retarded?
>for the past ten years
>ten years

>shows 3 years as proof of this
You're both retarded

Also interesting to note--gun violence in particular IS at an all time high. Though still not a leading cause of death

Attached: asher-ucr-2016-0922-2.png (1150x950, 19K)

ah yes the 10 years which passed between 2010 and 2012

I noted that it only covered 3 years?

Don't worry! It'll rise soon! I think things are going to get really nasty once the American military is shown to be completely useless and ineffective beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Thank God for abortion and harsh criminal sentencing.

I'm glad those things aren't going away in the near future.

Nice moving the goalposts, violent crime has increased in the past ten years

What's the point of democracy if the general public has such a distorted perception of the current state of affairs?

Its increased but still far far lower than 70s-90s which were true hellyears

Don't know about 40s but
infoplease.com/us/crime/homicide-rate-1950-2014
has the 50s. Its a little nicer than today but not by THAT much
1940s were WWII and that's its own type of horror.

You don't mean it.

If you control the media then you can control their perception and thus control the government.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2015-09-14-at-11.16.02-PM.jpg (1260x1068, 314K)

Well that's simple silly! Democracy just doesn't work in any relatively large nation, organization, etc EVER!

Why Americans value the concept of equal say in politics is beyond me

Can't speak for your country, but often people want to downplay Crime rate by conflating it with Crime with deadly outcome while ignoring just how fast healthcare has progressed. A climatologist in Sweden took up a famous case (shootings, Lasermannen) from the 90's with like 9 deaths. In 2000 only about half would've died and in 2010 all would've survived. That was the just of it anyway. Also, a lot of cherry picking goes on to downplay crime, like using spikes in the 1990s as a starting point.

Fuck. Autocorrect. Criminologist*

>historic lows
History didn't belong in the 90s you brainlet.

Attached: correlation murder rates incarceration.jpg (960x720, 70K)

Attached: trends.jpg (726x421, 58K)

>Daily reminder that these graphs and studies never show data before the 1940s. because they don't want you to realise that the developed world is unironically more violent today than it was a hundred years ago.

And the 40's were way poorer compared to now and had much bigger issues.

>implying every person incarcerated is in for murder

Attached: 1474943703300.jpg (400x240, 96K)

>Though still not a leading cause of death
I like how people say this shit all the time even though gun violence is still unnecessary deaths.