Would you employ someone who's never had a job in their late 20s but has a masters degree related to the job you're...

Would you employ someone who's never had a job in their late 20s but has a masters degree related to the job you're offering?

Attached: 6568767867.png (655x509, 42K)

Honestly OP... probably not. I've junked resumes for unpaid internships from masters students before. Not because they have/are getting their masters, but because they had no side projects on their resume at all.

What industry did you study in? Do you have side projects related to it? Even just random small shit.

Depends on how relevant their masters and/or academic experience is to the job in question, but honestly: probably not.
t. boomer who's recently had to sort through dozens of pajeets and assorted shitskins to fill a position

Depends on the job I guess, if it's IT related fuck no.

> never had a job until their late 20s
What the fuck were you doing for the past decade?

No way buster, now scram.

Nope. I need an employee with a decade's worth of experience right out of college

how did you pay for shit if you didn't work? I mean if you were a neet I could somewhat understand, but when you're studying and have to constantly pay for shit how?

Maybe, if the other candidates (assuming there are) are worse.

I'm in the same situation. I had my first master at 23, my second at 25. Then I decided to start my company, it failed before we could consider that I had a job.
Then I started trading crypto, I thought I would make it quickly but the bear marker destroyed my illusions. I still made 200k with crypto, but not enough to avoid having to take a job.

Im gonna have an IT degree soon from a good uni. While my grades are fine I havent had any side projecs due to me working as an electrician next to school. I will be 29 when I finish my degree this year. Im afraid I will be stuck in blue collar wire meshing until i become 60...

Of course. Values work ethic and intelligence are all more important that’s experience. However if you are a lazy piece of shit with no concept of work that’s a whole different problem.

>just look them in the eye and give them a firm handshake

Starting a company counts as having a job, although spending 7 years in school without any real-world experience was retarded.

fake your resume bro
I got my first job at 25

Also I live in Europe, so everything was paid for me by the government.

Fuck no OP, Why thats not you is it? How do you get capital?

Your electrician experience is definitely an asset that fills the same void I'd want side projects to. Nobody cares about grades, employers care that you're interested enough in learning and acquiring skills on your own so any experience helps make that case. I like seeing skills outside of the exact ones I'm hiring for because it shows me a more well rounded individual than someone who's only focused on what's been put in front of them. Plus anybody can work in IT, but working in IT with experience as an electrician is worth more than a degree IMO. I'd much rather have that guy looking after my IT systems than some random who only knows whatever the textbook taught them.

Literally this.
What the fuck was I suppose to put on my resume? Cashier ? Lmao no.

>Im gonna have an IT degree soon from a good uni. While my grades are fine I havent had any side projecs

Yikes...

People in IT are so autistic that if you're not spending all your free time on side projects on top of your school/work you propably won't get hired anywhere. Basically that means spending around 10-15 hours at least every day doing something work related. IT is literally the cuckiest of all wagecuck jobs there is.

t. fell for the CS degree meme and regret it

join the military in the field you're in

Ya I went to a community college for programming and uni level CompSci degrees sort of boggle my mind a bit. I didn't buy a single textbook the whole time I was in school because you can get all the information you need online for free, so why pay uni tuitions for information that costs nothing? I tell anyone who says they're interested in computers/programming to just learn on their own and pickup pro bono work. Doing your first few projects for free is better than paying for outdated education. You at least come away with experience to add to your resume, and your best bet as a programmer is to try to lean into contract work anyway since you can charge $100-150/hour in a lot of markets.

If you're in anything computer related, side projects are worth more than anything else. I can fill in education gaps as an employer, but I can't make you more ambitious/interested in the field. Its an industry where if you don't love what you're doing enough to do it for fun, you're going to have your soul sucked from you and employers want to avoid that.

>because you can get all the information you need online for free, so why pay uni tuitions for information that costs nothing?

Yep, it's kind of pointless really. I guess the degree gives you certain structure and you get a certain level of knowledge base with it. Also someone actually looks at your work and points your mistakes so your ego doesn't get too out of hand. Sometimes when people just learn on their own their ego grows much more than their actual knowledge because no one's there to point where they fucked up. But anyways, I'm a eurocuck and the degree was free for me so I was like if I can get in why not do it I guess.

> masters degree

hell no. education means nothing, its all about work experience and side projects.

I spent 12 years at university, education plans changed so I couldn't even finish a degree, never had a job (I did spend a weekend giving brochures when I was like 16 at a mall, but that's it and like no contract), I got a data entry job on my first try on my 30s. Switzerland.

don't look for job in IT companies, but ones that just need an IT guy on watch, especially government ones, that kind of job is usually 8 hours of 4channing or watching anime

When you have one of those you won life's lottery already.

Attached: dfghjkiol.jpg (599x801, 101K)

haha ich han au eine

I did the same mistake.
Done with my bachelor when I was 22, no real work experience, and 30k$ in debt.
No one told me how important a summer job really is. The only argument my parents had given me is that I would earn myself some money, and that didn't really motivate me.
I got invited to a couple of interviews, but I could never get the job. My mom said I should just go back to school and get a master. But fuck I knew that wouldn't help.

6 months after graduation I finally got a job at a bookstore. I worked there for 2 and a half year, worked myself up to be assistant storemanager, but the pay was still shit.
Then I got a job at a factory earlier this year, the pay is much better and there are no heavy lifting. There's also nice opportunities for future advancements, so I really like working here.

Sure!
But i would pay him less than if he had experience

As I wrote earlier I never knew how important it is to have a job on the side when you're still at school. Atleast if you don't have any real connections.
I see myself as a smart guy, I pick up on stuff fairly easy and I love to work. Always ready to give 150% no matter the job. I thought this was enough if I also had good grades, I was wrong.

Didn't really help that I became severe depressed by all of this. Last year I considered suicide.
I'm bad at connecting with people, I'm sure many here on Jow Forums understand what I'm talking about. I came to the conclusion that there is something wrong with me, something wrong inside my head that I'm unable to fix, and that because of this I would be stuck in my shit job, not even able to pay my own bills half the time.
Even if I really was smarter or more motivated than the average person, they would get the job instead of me, because they weren't broken.
I thought that if this is my entire life, why wait for death when I'm around 80? why not just end it now? Why not just jump out of the window of my apartment on the 7th floor?

Atleast it's a little better now.
Another thing is that I swore that my siblings wouldn't end up in the same trap, so last year I helped my younger brother get a summer job. I wrote his CV and resume, and he nailed the interview. He worked there this summer too and now they want him to work on weekends too. I'm really happy for him.

Nope. I have a MS and a clown can get one of those.

you're going to make it user

Nah. In our company we usually get 250-300 applications for every job opening. It's very unlikely you'd get to a phone interview stage.

Dude I’m earning 130k and successful as fuck in spite of being raised by a single mother. You are broke. Don’t lecture me about what it takes.

fuck to the no, if you don't have several years of internships or other experience by the time you're done with your bachelors don't even bother applying.