What does Jow Forums think of Hp Lovecraft?

What does Jow Forums think of Hp Lovecraft?
>Was considered ridiculously racist even by the standards of the time
>Hated New York for racial diversity
>Hated all white countries except England and America, which he considered discount England
>Especially hated Quebec
>Married a Jew, continued to tell antisemetic jokes literally standing next to her
>Once wrote a story about an evil witch who turns people into snakes, then had the plot twist be that she was part black

Attached: 4E437B26-9362-41E9-B84D-959C5766CDB5.jpg (220x270, 14K)

if you look that hideous, you're obviously gonna grow up a bitter old man

Based writer and fellow social outcast

Attached: 1538001681206.jpg (1000x1000, 277K)

>>Was considered ridiculously racist even by the standards of the time
>being opinionated is supa raysis
>didn't o shit to anyone

>Hated New York for racial diversity
>was forced to live in shit parts of town
>not liking the ghetto when you're a product of 19th century values is shocking!

>Hated all white countries except England and America, which he considered discount England
thats just being antiquated and bong-related

>Married a Jew, continued to tell antisemetic jokes literally standing next to her
I bet the jokes were funny as hell

>Once wrote a story about an evil witch who turns people into snakes, then had the plot twist be that she was part black
awfully vague

>hated Jews but married a jewess
Truly Jow Forumss guy

Poe minus the good parts.

no, thats cringe as fuck, try Jow Forums's guy
reminds me of those losers who have to go to thailand to settle for a gook

gotta get a gook/kike

Don't care about the man, his books are great

he had money issues, she was kissing his ass and had a lot of money

if anything that was the chad aspect of his life

needed a woman to sponsor you is just about as far from chad as you can get

I don't think you actually know what chad is and only understand the virgin-vs-chad image macro

>You can't just lounge around on someone else's money, you have to contribute!

Attached: 711E391AF3C543AE9BB9748551408D14.png (408x431, 105K)

well he was an unpopular incel

wtf i love Lovecraft now

>>Especially hated Quebec
But why?

his racial views were unfounded on any fact and based purely on his feelings. When young he only respected Anglo blooded people but he especially disliked Irish and German immigrants, two racially close peoples to the English. Then later in his life he married a jew and claimed that anyone who integrated into anglo culture was fine.

>and there was this THING! It was soooo evil! It made you go CRAZY it was so evil! I can't even describe it but it was BAD that's how EVIL it was and its name was *bangs random keys on typewriter*

Attached: Lovecraftian.png (404x507, 243K)

>his racial views were unfounded on any fact
Err, did you ever read anthropology books from that era? Facts change.

The problem with reading stuff that old is that the tricks people pioneered then are just background today. His expositions are still great IMO.

tumblr-tier

kys abdul

>named his cat niggerman
BAAAAAAASED

If thats an abdul it'd be pretty funny, considering porphet's first wife

BASED (but utterly insane)

I unironically think he is the most creative writer of all time.

Based (but eldritch and cosmic)

how so

This

YOU ARE NOT 'BASED'
YOU ARE NOT 'REDPILLED'
YOU ARE NOT A 'Jow ForumsACK'
YOU ARE NOT FUNNY
YOU ARE NOT BEING CLEVER
YOU ARE BEING FACETIOUS

based and touched by the tendrils of a superdimensional deity

>>Married a Jew, continued to tell antisemetic jokes literally standing next to her
he also named his cat "niggerman"

Attached: gigachad 2.jpg (1080x1207, 98K)

A*gloids mad that French BVLLS have more culture than they do.

A great man.

>Especially hated Quebec
Glad he's dead.

I never understood the boner caused by Lovecraft's racism on Jow Forums when it was common at the time.
Monteiro Lobato was so racist that he wrote a book (The Black President) in the 1920's that was banned in the US because editors thought it was too disrespectful with black people.
But Lobato is a good writer, not because of the children books (that made him rich and famous), but his amazing short stories on small towns and rural regions.
He used to go around patrolling artthots too.

I like his stories, they are unique, interesting and they've also influenced many other cool works. I feel people in general have huge respect for him, even considering the fact he was racist.

It was excessive even then.

>Therefore, I’m against any candidate who talks of letting down the bars to stunted brachycephalic South-Italians
joke's on you, lantern jawed old man
t. 6'25" deep-east italian

Amateurish scholar here: his style was heavy and outdated, luckily our translators did a great job adapting his work. On the other hand, his literary "philosophy" was revolutionary, had a huge impact on the generation of writers who grew up with him and still influences many of the genre's best writers (and some of my favorites, hello Mr. Barron)

but yea, he was a racist

Attached: stash.jpg (1868x1040, 303K)

he is a virgin

I have this, I hope it's good.

Attached: P_20190627_143242.jpg (3456x4608, 3.82M)

>That bookshelf

Attached: ZLS3BV.gif (400x218, 1.04M)

im interested in his stories but dont wanna read his shitty prose

Lovecraft also thought Spaniards and Italians were as bad as Syrians and niggers, kek

>b..but ikea is so comfy (also billy and kallax)

Start with The Colour out of Space, The Call of Cthulhu or The Whisperer in Darkness.

I think he would be pretty based /x/ poster

>>Was considered ridiculously racist even by the standards of the time
Not really, though. The racists of the time were lynching people.

Very good writer. Don’t care about his personal life. Heidegger was probably one of smartest philosophers of the XX century yet he was anti-semite. I tend to separate the works from personal life.

Not a good writer