Regions of the world based only on culture and geography

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 10.19.54 AM.png (1918x1080, 638K)

here is the map for anyone that knows more than me and would like to fix the location of some countries

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 10.07.24 AM.png (2454x1260, 620K)

Andes needs its own region

Why don’t we have a name

ah yes
Austria, Slovakia and Hungary
my favourite Balkan countries

If you're going to add Japan and South Korea to China you might as well give Burma, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand to India. Add Vietnam to China; effectively Indo-China is no more.

you gave me a headache, fuck you and your undeserved numbers

Culture of kill

>what's colombia
>what's venezuela
>what's brazil

This is a good effort and vastly superior to the flawed notion of "continents." I think you've split it up too far though. Consolidate Middle America into the South, combine Europe into one whole including Russia, combine China and Indo-China and MAYBE Central Asia as well into one whole called Asia or Sinis. The Middle East should be taken as a whole as well and to the south of that is Africa.

Those are the main cultural regions, I figure. After that you can split them further.

Pretty much all of that image is wrong and I don't have the energy to fix it.

Shit map, shit thread

Attached: 818192.png (1280x657, 230K)

Impressed, got a few wrong culturally, but did much better than what other anons here would put.

Add Austria to Northern Europe category. Add Poland and Czech to Russia. Add Finland to Northern Europe.

Combine Maghreb and Mashriq, they're both Greater Arab category. Add Chad to Greater Arab category.

Combine Central America with South America. Add Papua to Archipelago.

> the insecure mexican strikes again

Make Mongolia Turan and Vietnam China if you're doing culture

>ah yes very good map i am impressed, now just change literally everything

>Only mexican state with average to high levels of height is on the Mesoamerican side
Why is life like this bros?

Oh shit I forgot. I was going to call you “Central America”

Rename Iran to Persia and the map will be perfect

Nordic countries should be seperated from West germanic nations and should include Greenland,, and Id say the British isles should be its own thing as well.

I am not adding them to China. I made a map of cultural region and that’s just the name of that region. The borders are based on current political borders. Japan and Korea are not part of China but they are part of the China region.

>undeserved numbers

Thanks. I’ll look into what you said

Just do it or type some of the wrong things

Persia is specific to one ethnic group. What I did is regional culture so Iran is the right word.

Oh good point. How did I forget that :/
I’ll fix it once I get home

>combine Europe into one whole including Russia

Attached: images[1].png (252x200, 11K)

Why not?

Different cultures, different history, different language groups

>Caribbean

So ireland is culturally more northern european than finland? Finnish culture is 90% swedish and 10% our own

>combine China and Indo-China and MAYBE Central Asia as well into one whole called Asia or Sinis.
Central Asians culture is completely different to East Asian culture.

And you are not the same colour as them.

Attached: 1561616504598.png (1918x1080, 610K)

Oh and Indo-Chinese countries too. Different tongues, history and culture.

All in all quintessential American post.

In my opinion Italy should be in whit France and Spain as a Latin countryes group.

Fixed.
I would also put the kurdish territories under Iranian but I'm not sure what the borders would be like.

Attached: 1561616567965.png (2454x1260, 608K)

Whoops forgot something

Attached: 1561616567965.png (2454x1260, 608K)

Here, fixed OP's shitty map.

Attached: 196d3a3b-5d12-4683-b8a9-345df27c0f6e.png (6460x3480, 1.65M)

>Caucasus
>Iran
Go fuck yourself, ar*p cunt

Do we really clasify as Andean?

Why is France in the same group as UK and Germany? It makes no sense at all.

Why does it make no sense?

It's supposed to be a cultural map. Britain should be on its own and Germany with the rest of the Germans. If you put Britain and France together it would make kind of sense, but putting them all together just because they are in NW Europe is retarded.
>Poland in same group as "germanic" even though they neither speak a germanic language nor have a germanic culture.
It seems that you are not applying your own logic to the NW region, since France doesn't speak german (or any other germanic language) nor has a germanic culture. And the same could pretty much be said about the UK.
>inb4 English is a germanic language

Are you retarded? Why do you think I'm only putting them together just because they're in Western Europe? Is it because you know nothing about France, Britain and Germany's relationship? Did you know that Germany was only unified because of France? Did you know that French has a great deal of words of Germanic origin?

>finland
>balts
>r*ssian "culture"

And? It's not about diplomatic relationships, it's about CULTURE and some words don't change the entirety of the culture. Again, at least not by your own standards. Polish has thousands of germanic loanwords or words derived from germanic languages, yet you don't feel like including them in the germanic group.
>Why do you think I'm only putting them together just because they're in Western Europe?
Yes, based on your comments on the rest of regions that's the only possibility.

here i fixed the world

Attached: bWBt8AAE.png (6460x3480, 1.29M)

No, it's clearly about geopolitics. If it's only about culture then each country should have its own group as European states were founded based on ethnic differences.
>Polish has thousands of germanic loanwords or words derived from germanic languages, yet you don't feel like including them in the germanic group.
That's a great false equivalence. Poland is Slavic and belongs to a completely different ethnic group from Germans, unlike the French.

and 100% russo-mongol mutt

you are closer to Albanians than to Spaniards, Culturally speaking. For example you both have a very strong mafia cultural heritage.
remember that this is a cultural map and not linguist or religious one.

If the north Caucasus were independent I would have put them under "Iran" too. I know you. you are the turkic nationalist Azerbaijani.
But man the Safavids were pioneers of modern Iranian culture and heritage. And they extended from Tajikistan to the Caucasus.
Even if you want to larp as a turk, remember that they were nomadic and had no urban culture. Which is why they adopted iranian culture when they started settling down in urban environments.

t. Vodka drinking winter war losing Salvo-Fingol

noted

hello carl-göran, you are not a finn.

Different colors on map.

kys delusional ar*b subhuman
s&h

if I were you I'd make one region out of both indo china and archipelago and just call it south east asia, would save you the trouble of classifying which parts of indo china are culturally indian and which parts are more chinese influenced since you were too lazy to do anyways and it's less autistic cause it's a geographic region

>regions of the world based only on culture and geography
That's literally the title of the thread.
>No, it's clearly about geopolitics. If it's only about culture then each country should have its own group as European states were founded based on ethnic differences.
No, it's about cultural closeness not geopolitics. Even though the culture of the different countries in one of these regions aren't exactly the same, they may share some some features or at least come from the same origin. If that is not the case, then the country belongs to a different group. For example, Finland isn't part of the nordic countries despite being in Scandinavia and having really close (political) ties with their neighbours. Of course, if two countries share a similar culture, then their political and diplomatic relations are going to be better than with unrelated ones, but that might not always be the case.
>That's a great false equivalence. Poland is Slavic and belongs to a completely different ethnic group from Germans, unlike the French.
It's not. You talked strictly about culture and language, nothing about ethnicity or any other bullshit. Even then, France is not a germanic country (nor completely Latin for that matter) and they do belong to a different ethnic group. Not only you are contradicting yourself (according to this: each country should have its own group as European states were founded based on ethnic differences.), but you are disregarding the celtic and latin influence in France, which sets it apart from Germany.

>Even if you want to larp as a turk, remember that they were nomadic
This is pretty based tho

I love it when foreigners have no clue where to fit Switzerland in.

*Finland isn't part of Scandinavia despite being a nordic country

>You talked strictly about culture and language, nothing about ethnicity or any other bullshit.
It seems you don't exactly know what the word "ethnicity" means so I'll post the definition here for you.

ethnicity (countable and uncountable, plural ethnicities)
1. The common characteristics of a group of people, especially regarding ancestry, culture, language or national experiences.

>they do belong to a different ethnic group.
Not really.
>Not only you are contradicting yourself (according to this: each country should have its own group as European states were founded based on ethnic differences.)
I'm not. I said that each should have its own group in case the map were solely based on culture, which it's not. Otherwise Japan being part of China makes no sense as their culture is vastly different.
>you are disregarding the celtic and latin influence in France, which sets it apart from Germany.
Germany has those too. Pic related, red is Celts.

Attached: Percentage_of_major_Y-DNA_haplogroups_in_Europe.png (1960x1793, 865K)

ok everyone I fixed the map.

>a more defined "East Africa" culture
>a "South Africa" culture
>Spain and Portugal moved to the "Maghreb" culture
>France and Switzerland merged with the Balkans and their associates to be a well defined "Mediterranean" culture
>England, Scotland Wales and Ireland are a "Britannia" culture
>Iceland added to the "North America" culture
>Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay are the "Cone" culture
>a more defined "Caribbean" culture

what else should I fix?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 2.12.57 PM.png (1908x1046, 628K)

>>France and Switzerland merged with the Balkans and their associates to be a well defined "Mediterranean" culture
wait what? we invented Calvinism, 70% speak some sort of German and people live north of the alps.
Your attempt at autistic grouping Europe into non existing cultural groups is just doomed to fail.

this is not a religious or linguistic map. 40% of the population have roots from the balkans and have long brought their culture with them. Not to mention the significant italian-swiss population. or the french ones. and the swiss swiss guard are commanded by the lord pope. also the banking culture. i had to put switzerland in this category.

if it was a regional map i would've put northern switzerland with northern europe. But it's not and the alps must be with turkey, the balkans and italy.

no sorry, culture here is kinda different from the med or the balkans, thats why things work. your entire europe map is utter shit, sorry to say so.

You keep on denying
Who you are and how you're feeling
Baby, we're not buying
Hon, we saw you hit the ceiling
Face it like a grown-up
When you gonna own up
That you got, got, got it bad?

Attached: z0z0.png (667x670, 430K)

Based, this map is the only accurate map

>Czech Republic is Nord
>Iceland and Finland aren't Nords
>Spain and Protugal is suddenly Maghreb
>there is somethign called med, apparently it stretches all the way from the Atlantic coast to the Iraqi desert

Attached: 1559573724380.png (2048x1152, 483K)

No, I'm not Latin fuck you all Shitalians

(you)

Attached: 1556805699684.png (315x264, 28K)

> (You)
>you are closer to Albanians than to Spaniards, Culturally speaking. For example you both have a very strong mafia cultural heritage.
>remember that this is a cultural map and not linguist or religious one.
Albania and most of the balkans was under ottoman rule and even today has strong oriental influence while Italy was under Spanish and French influence.
If you look at architecture art and philosofy in italy and in the balkans you will see two completely different thing and user, in my opinion religion and language are a strong indicator of a certain culture.

btw user I appreciate the effort and the time you spent on this map

Yes Mohammad, you're not Latin, you are arab

oh look, a delusional southern europoor

this
kill yourself you filthy kebab nigger

This is the true map of Euro regions, it correlates very well with per capita GDP and quite well with the distribution of phenotypes

Attached: Europe_map_of_Köppen_climate_classification.svg.png (300x300, 16K)

Or with the central Europe meme

Attached: European-climate-zones-based-on-information-provided-by-EUCA15000-The-six-highlighted.png (706x490, 152K)

Why did you make MENA and west yurop the same color or is it some le funy meme

ok a lot of brainlets were upset with my map. So I re-made everything from the grounds up.
I hope this one is good enough for you

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.19.35 PM.png (1918x1044, 507K)

>meh, I'd rather have kept Slowenia and lost Hungary, but what the heck, I'll take it!

>Greece and Italy are different, but Finland and Spain are not
kys

user you must accept the fact you can't make everyone agree, in my opinion this map looks great

You keep on denying
Baby, we're not buying
Face it like a grown-up
When you gonna own up

Attached: Picture1.jpg (539x533, 35K)

Attached: AOVcdneT.png (5000x4716, 524K)

>france and iberia

uh?

cope more southern europoor. nice wh*toid reaction picture btw, u exposed urself

>Finland is r*Ssian
>Iceland is North America
this is no longer kino

Attached: 1B1C9854-392C-419D-A277-16AD5B5C9296.jpg (427x448, 109K)

>puting an islamic shithole, austria, italy and slovenia in one group
Based retard

>iberian maghreb
Based brother

Hotfix

Attached: 1561634503998.png (1918x1044, 458K)

khokhol?

Ruski

Low effort bait

You keep on denying
Baby, we're not buying
Face it like a grown-up
When you gonna own up

Attached: Picture1.png (1118x1125, 1018K)

What culture do we share with a Catholic Slav country? Why is Finland more similar to Russia when their society is a bootleg of ours?