Why don't you own Monero yet?

Why don't you own Monero yet?

Attached: b (1365).jpg (512x512, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

weeklyglobalresearch.wordpress.com/2018/05/12/darknet-markets-and-the-shadow-economy/
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would I want to hold or ever admit to holding such a shitcoin that's only used by loser druggies.

Attached: Cm--aKcXYAARMb4.jpg (300x250, 15K)

thats the spirit.

Attached: b (590).png (827x1181, 94K)

Is it really used on darknet markets or is it an option that no one cares about?

yes: weeklyglobalresearch.wordpress.com/2018/05/12/darknet-markets-and-the-shadow-economy/

Why would I own Monero when I can just buy Dero instead?

Why Bitcoin, not XMR is default crypto for money laundering?

criminals have a deep desire of getting caught.

I've read that article yesterday, doing some research.
Then I searched for monero in the darknemarket subreddits and it seems that monero payments are down in one of the bigger markets. Also noob questions like "do I need to use monero" are always answered with "nah"
I'm not sure how many transactions are actually done in monero. That's the obvious choice but are they using it?

i don't do drugs, i'm a law adding citizen that want to evade taxes and hide his hard earned profits

I don't see any other real life use case for crypto right now. Hence my interest in Monero.

I hold Monero. Also cash is used for shady deals also, I hear.

Attached: zerofucks_fatty.gif (288x363, 251K)

Also why is Monero's volume so low compared to its market cap?

>owning outdated technology

No thanks...

Attached: 2.png (250x250, 27K)

How the fuck do you calculate the volume of Monero if everything is private.

buy verge instead
KEK

I meant the exchange volume BTC/XMR. It's incredibly lower than any of the top 10 crypto by market cap.

i've never had an option to pay with xmr but i only use the big markets, i'm sure the deeper you go the more it's used

I see. I still think most people are proudly holding XMR. It’s not going anywhere. Price is “stable” compared to most coins. My pajeets on here would rather buy moonshots than a solid coin anyways.

Thanks that's what I thought.
I bought some monero under $100 because I believe it's the best coin. Transactions are so much faster than bitcoin's it could be used for real.
Now I have doubts. The best technology rarely win. It's not enough that I believe in it if nobody else does.

Everyone knows XMR is best. The team isn’t pushy. They don’t troll. The community is supportive. Tech speaks for itself. Unfortunately the FUD of it being difficult to use and their GUI is a pain in the ass. Cake Wallet is legit though.

true story, one of my friends went thru a divorce last year and he converted all of his fiat in savings/escrow/stocks/etc into monero so when it came time for his ex-wife to take half of everything he owned, there was nothing to take. and he got away with it.

lmao that's great

>Transactions are so much faster than bitcoin's it could be used for real.
Monero has more bloat due to how RingCT works. It scales worse than Bitcoin.
inb4 "b-but dynamic block size"

>Now I have doubts. The best technology rarely win. It's not enough that I believe in it if nobody else does.
The only thing that matters is how rabid and uncompromising the community is, they're a close second to Bitcoin in that.

Bulletproofs in a few weeks. 80% reduction in size and transaction. Talks of zero knowledge being implemented. Annually hardforking is so rewarding for a project. The team gets it.

Are they getting close to bulletproofs? I thought they're still working on kovri.

Bulletproofs do help but that doesn't change the way it works. The transaction size will be around 2kb iirc, which is roughly the same as Zcash shielded transactions. There's StringCT too but I haven't heard of that in a while.

>Talks of zero knowledge being implemented.
What do you mean? Bulletproofs are a form of zkp.

It was recently audited, likely next hf.

>implying I'm not still accumulating

also, been trading crypto since the beginning of 2013, monero is still my favorite by far and i hate myself for not sticking with it when i first heard about it in 2014. XMR is one of probably 5 cryptos that have any actual use and value.

Well spoken user
Monero seems like a firefox of crypto to me.
It's the best...but for how long ?
Won't last if normies or institutions don't pick up.

Well alright sweet I'm looking forward to that.

because you are literally just a faggot like bcashies.

cant NANO be private?

could you explain more?

minemonero.co.uk
why buy when you can mine?

I do. But I also hold masari. Dero isn’t gonna make it. But if you talk to the masari dev team you’ll see the plans they have are brilliant. This time next year transactions will be 10 faster, just as private and the blockchain won’t be bloated with years of huge transactions, so light weight mobile wallets will be client side only and extremely fast

how did he buy the monero? wouldnt the lawyers see the money going to an exchange?

I never thought much of Monero forks but masari does look interesting, at least as a bedtest for Monero.

how come fluffy pony hasn't been murdered for being a white man in south africa yet?

I'd rather just buy Dero.

Stable??
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/
The whole market (not just xmr) is slowing sinking like an old man in a bath tube

This coin is already to expensive for me to make ti with. I'm just gonna load up on Masari, Dero, and Enigma and hope one or all of them does a moon shoot so I can make a bit of money in a few years.

Nobody appreciates the 'killer app' for Monero is when the obscenely wealthy discover that it's basically an offshore account without any of the hassle or middleman fees or legal scrutiny of offshore accounts. Even if they just want to use it to launder their wealth before storing it in BTC, even that transient demand from billions of dollars worth of richfags' money passing through it would make it moon like no tomorrow.

>there comes the samefag shilling his shitcoin

Attached: Risitas-y-las-paelleras-humor.png (510x391, 176K)

Easily. user made that up. It's literally just a matter of sending a subpoena to the bank or whatever brokerage that happens to have his SSN under account, see that x number of $ was withdrawn in the middle of the divorce and hubby will find himself converting that Monero to dollars in a panic.

Attached: 1522261994119.jpg (960x640, 103K)

This. The only chance you'd have of it working is if you were already all in monero before the divorce. Even then it wouldn't be terribly difficult to prove you were hiding the money somewhere unless you've only ever been paid under the table and buy it from local monero in person.

>replying to a post 9 hours later to call it a scam

Pathetic.

He hired this guy as security.

Attached: 1532187569142.jpg (987x853, 179K)

Because monero is literally only in it for the tech, it’s the best crypto for use but not investment. You just pass through it when you need drugs, not baghold it.

Fuck off, Monkey

in the end you wish you would have payed taxes, markets will rob you much more than any government will be able to, wait for it

Attached: wojak fight castle.jpg (680x425, 305K)

Well, this means it always has demand. While your other shitcoins have 0 use cases and have less intrinsic value than a csgo skin.

Demand but no incentive to hoard it i.e. no staking
I love xmr and respect the team. Fluffy himself said don’t keep your money in it. It’ll rise with the market, except when it doesn’t. Other opportunities to make real money imo

"in it for the tech" is always a lie. All the tech has been around for years. People just say that to sound smart and selfless. Why would you just take people at face value like that?

People are hoarding it. Monero is the first (and currently only) fungible crypto-currency. Many people genuinely believe this will overtake bitcoin and the world.

yes I can really see wealthy people putting $20m in Monero....and then watching it become de-listed from exchanges and losing everything

>having your own Mi-24
Fucking rich boomers, I can't even buy myself a house.

People said the same thing about Bitcoin in the early days.

The market will adapt if exchanges delist Monero. There are already a few dexes if you really need to use them. Their liquidity is shit but the point still stands; Monero won't be killed by a few exchanges getting skittish. Monero's rise as the #1 actual cryptoCURRENCY will be very gradual with progressively larger "investors" storing and moving wealth through Monero as it becomes less volatile over time.

Oh yeah, and someone in the thread mentioned normies. Normies will probably never use Monero but that's irrelevant. Normies aren't wealthy.