Which region of Italy has the best recipe for ragu?

Which region of Italy has the best recipe for ragu?

Attached: ragutaste.jpg (1000x664, 213K)

definitely the west side

it's just meat and veggies simmered in crushed tomatoes for a really long time, you don't need a recipe

Shan't be taking pasta advice from a Finn.

Attached: Soijamakaronilaatikko.jpg (3889x2917, 3.15M)

I make a ragu of crushed tomatoes, shredded chicken, shredded carrot, a shit ton of garlic and onions, and a few herbs. Tasty as fuck.

The South. N*rtherners can't cook, just like in the US.

Tuscany, everyone else can suck my dick

Shitaly can suck my dick.

uwu

Am I allowed to make it without carrots and celery?

No ew wtf

Attached: 1561381889880.png (500x500, 201K)

that looks really good

Anyway here's my recipe:

1) Dice a large onion, a stick of celery and a decent sized carrot and saute
2) Add ground meat and brown
3) Add tomato paste
4) Add enough milk to cover anything, let simmer until everything has evaporated
5) Do the same with red wine
6) Blend a can of peeled tomatoes and add them
7) Let simmer for ~6 hours or until you're bored and hungry
8) Add salt and pepper to taste
9) Eat with pasta of choice, grate some parmesan on top

Idc what the Italians say this is the correct way to do ragu

I think foreigners don't understand what a ragú is, it's a slowly cooked sauce for pasta but unless you don't specify which kind of ragú you are referring to most of these "sugo" and "ragú" can be made with every kind of variation in the recipe. The most famous ragú is probably the "ragú alla bolognese" which can be used on simple pasta and on ravioli and other pasta with fillings as well as on lasagne with besciamella sauce.
Other meat ragú are basically wild animals from boars, hares to deers, they have stronger flavors not everyone loves, more of a hit or miss.

I don't think there is such a thing like chicken ragú, wild birds however appear sometimes in some regional recipes,they are mostly used for roasted recipes.
Also no such thing as garlic in the bolognese ragú, tomato, celery, carrots, minced meat and olive oil, depending on tomato acidity sometimes small quantity of sugar and/or milk can be added to balance the flavor.
Garlic for sure appears in pesto alla genovese, some don't use it but the original has it and some fish based sughi or other non sauce pasta combos like sardines and broccoli.

Also a glass of a red wine, it definitely matters to the final outcome and flavor. Better if not the cheapest one because those tend to be acid.

No such thing as "cover in milk".
Milk and/or is added around mid cooking or almost at the end of it to balance the flavors and tone down eventual excessive acidic flavor. It makes it creamer and more flavored but you don't pour a whole glass or half litre of it.

b-b-but I just wanna use onions, garlic, and meat

1) Campania
2) Emilia-Romagna

Describe them you fucks, not everyone has an encyclopedia of regional variations in Italian meat sauces handy

Don't let Italians tell you how to make your own food, cook the way you want. If you want to add heavy cream and chipotle paste to your sauce then do it, those little bitches can't do anything about it.

T. Ernesto gonzales rossi
Hope you drown in boiling pasta

>Don't let Italians tell you how to make your own food, cook the way you want.

das rite

Attached: sketti.jpg (1186x1988, 286K)

based

Ragu is a brand name here so people just associate it with generic speghetti sauce

Emilia-Romagna. I've made ragù siliciano, napoletano, and bolognese. Bolognese is the one that tastes the best, in my opinion.
I follow the usual recipe (finely diced mirepoix, ground beef, tomato passata, beef stock, exactly two bay leaves), but sometimes substitute milk for shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano or some other kind of similar cheese, and often add a splash of wine.

Any meat sauce is chili, but not every meat sauce is 'gu, despite what you might have been misled to believe.

>but not every meat sauce is 'gu

Then why aren't there any names for non-ragu meat sauces?

>Italian trying to lecture people about American cuisine
Typical. Is there anything you guys won't try to claim as your own?

There's chili con carne and kheema. I'm sure there's gotta be others, but I can't recall 'em right now.

>chili
>sauce

Attached: dcx0oqf-c5962eba-2ae9-4bce-b7ab-09e8e0ec59c5.png (575x512, 217K)

Don't tell me you follow the ol' Texas cowherd-style chili recipe, which is nothing but spicy water with big chunks of meat.
If you were travelling on your horse out West back in the 19th century, I can see why you'd do that, but making soupy chili in the 21st century seems almost barbaric.