Do Americans really do that?

Do Americans really do that?

youtube.com/watch?v=d9m7d07k22A

Attached: amazon warehouse.jpg (2000x1331, 726K)

Working in a warehouse is one of the best jobs if you're a young male with no higher education who needs money.

This. They get paid $15/hour which is more than european engineers.

Have you ever worked in one? I did right after high school. Half the guys I worked with were from my graduating class.

they actually do get paid that, which is apparently more than the average wage of most europeans

No. They pay 20-25% less here.

It's more than the average wage of guys in their 20s where I live. My friend has worked at Walgreens almost three years and he makes $11/hour while I got $14/hour right when I started at the warehouse.

Engineers here easily make more than that. $15 is something like €13. There's self-employed engineers at my workplace who charge more than €80 per hour. The people who x-ray our installation cost €250/hour

$15/hour translates to about 28,000 euros/year. How much does an entry level position pay? In southern europe it's about 25,000 and the US has significantly lower taxes.

Depends on your definition of engineer of course, but it wouldn't surprise me if wrenchers make around that after tax.

I worked at an electric supply company in the warehouse.
Then I got a counter sales position, then an inside sales position, now I do purchasing for them from home.

yes, they really do.

Also I think warehouse function is a bit ambigious. For example warehousing can mean you work at one of those gigantic Amazonesque places and probably have to run around the clock to constantly pick orders and since you are the primary process you get monitored a lot and such.
Alternatively you can also work at a smaller company where you have more of a supporting role which most likely is cozy as fuck, but at the few places I have worked for I can safely say warehouse employees are the laziest and most incompetent bunch we always had.

I got paid $20/hr at a school I was teaching and the pay wasn’t good enough to live decently.
Americans are poorer than I thought, damn.

I'm sure US teachers make more than that. I know they complain about budget cuts and such often but I also read they still make like $50k a year easily

Nobody in this country complains more than public school teachers. I understand it's a miserable job but I've met guys who bust their ass on a shrimp boat in the gulf even working during hurricanes and they had zero complaints.

That's not just the US then, they do it over here too. I don't even understand how it's possible they constantly have shortages despite teachers faculty is one of the most populous (and hottest) buildings on my campus.

They also suffer from severe working stress according to themselves but half my family are teachers and have the easiest time managing their time since they have about 10 weeks+ of vacation every year and just check homework for 1 hour every evening.

>They also suffer from severe working stress
Yeah it's stressful but they talk it up more than it is. Teachers who have tenure can have half their class fail and they'll keep their job. I wonder how long they would last doing something like construction or roughnecking.

In Mexico City?

>I wonder how long they would last doing something like construction or roughnecking.
My mother and grandfather always described their coworkers as 'women' and 'teadrinkers'(Dutch slur for a holistic/spiritual type of person that only talks and never does). Some of them mentally too weak to function normally in society.
Hell my mother has coworkers that have been absent for over a year due to burnouts from part-time work.

They do it here too. And it's probably one of the jobs with the highest ratings of lazy incompetent leeches. It's also one of the few jobs where it's impossible to be surprised of what you will have to do, since everyfuckingone goes to school for many years and sees how it works.