Do people live in the andes?

Do people live in the andes?

Attached: 31A3AFBD-6AE4-43AF-A256-4458C04C44D2.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

yes, as you can see it's a very shitty city

Attached: La_Rinconada_Peru.jpg (1280x960, 419K)

yes but mostly in Colombia, where the Andes are green and fertile. Colombia alone has more people living in the Andes than the other countries combined.

Attached: asdasd.jpg (3264x2448, 1.82M)

yes, they farm and eat guinea pigs

Almost 3/4 of Colombia's population live in the andes. Very few llamas here, sadly

>Farm
Yes
>Guinea pig
Not here, favelado

There are guinea pigs in southwestern Colombia but also in other areas. My father's family used to raise them in their farm north of Bogota. Wild guinea pigs can be found even in urban parts of Bogota but they are very elusive.

Just did a quick research by country. Couldn't fimd data on Argentina, Bolivia and Chile (if some user knows, please do help out)

Venezuelan Andes: 4.2 million inhabitants
Colombian Andes : 35.5 Million inhabitants
Ecuadorian Andes: 6 million inhabitants
Peruvian Andes: 9 million inhabitants
Bolivian Andes: -----
Chilean Andes: --------
Argentinian Andes: -------

Not a staple food. Nobody eats them. Even in Pasto on the Ecuadorian border they are a not commonly eaten

Is that a safe place to live?

There's something about mountains that always make all the landscapes comfy as fuck.

Not him but obviously. Most populated areas in Colombia are safe. Just avoid the Pacific coast and you will be fine.

Colombia has 1123 municipalities and around 400 didn't have a single homicide in the last year

Yes, it's a small irrelevant town near Bogota. No conflict in this part of the country

Nice, it looks comfy as fuck. If it's as dirt cheap as the rest of Colombia maybe a nice place to retire.

If they do, they are smarter than 99.9999% of the global population by wanting to get away from the rest of humanity as much as possible.

you wouldn't survive a single day in La Paz white boy

Attached: 1537148859867.jpg (620x347, 134K)

The Andes mountain range is heavily populated in all it's extension from Venezuela to Chile though. Except maybe in Argentina, we'll need to check with an Argentinian poster since I couldn't find data on how populated their Andean region is

I do

Peru has less population in the Andean highlands due to massive migration to the coast in the past century, basically due to the coast being exponentially easier for the government to develop and manage than places like Basically, it went like 80% of Peru's population living in the Andes highlands to 38% nowadays (tangentially Quechua languages went from like 60% to 15% as a consequence of this)

Still, even if a large portion of the Peruvian Andes is quite inhospitable, and always has been, people here live literally everywhere in these mountains, I don't think any other South American country is comparable with us is this except maybe for Bolivia/Ecuador

Colombia has the most population size in the Andes but Peru's population is much more evenly distributed, people here even occupying super inhospitable places that would be unthinkable in Colombia (or most of the world for that matter), for instance, see again , that place literally is the highest permanently inhabited place in the world

Not him but your situation is a bit different from ours in 2 ways:

1) The Andes are a bit colder colder and unbearable compared to your coast, which actually has spring-like weather, so it's a fuckig good trade-off to make when. People decide to relocate in say, Lima

Compared to us

2) The coast here is humid and hot while the Andes is spring-like or temperate. Most people prefer living in comfy climate in the mountains rather than the humidity of the coasts

However, we are probably gonna experience that demographic shift you went through over the next decades, just much more slowly.

The Cartagena-Barranquilla-Santa Marta corridor is poised to become a "mega city" if peoplemove from the inland to the coast looking for more opportunities in trade and ports sectors in the context of a globalized world and the benefits that coastal cities offer compared to inland ones. In Colombia, the Caribbean coast has been the most dynamic region and the one with the lowest unemployment

Exactly. Your Andes are much colder and harsh than ours. Here is the perfect temperature for human settlement. Meanwhile that same temperature you can find it in the coastal area of Peru (La has a very nice temperature year round, similar to mountainous cities here)

>La
Lima*

If the coast here had a similar temperature and climate to Lima I'd also move in a heartbeat. I love the sea, but I won't live in a tropical shithole like it is the coast here

i think we dont have any town in the andes

A lot
If you mean at very high altitudes you would usually only find natives because they are accustomed

Attached: a high altitude town in the Ancash Region.jpg (1056x784, 144K)

pic is from the Cusco region, the natives that live around this area are from the Q'ero nation, the Q'ero place their villages in so remote locations that there are still some who aren't Christians but Animist (worshiping mother earth, mountain gods, etc), although those are quite rare now thanks to constant missionary missions since a century ago (when they found out about it)

Attached: a Quechua Quero village.jpg (1080x1080, 249K)

lots of places were terraced in the Peruvian Andes during pre-Columbian times, even at high altitudes

Attached: town with pre-columbian terraces in Lares.jpg (1024x683, 395K)

>That beautiful landscape ruined by favela tier housing
Non whites were a mistake

>although those are quite rare now thanks to constant missionary missions since a century ago
that is a bid sad.

Attached: 1519956719925.jpg (1080x1211, 149K)

white people are the bane of modern society so idk what you're on about

>>That beautiful landscape ruined by favela tier housing
Are you describing eastern europe?

Not really, look at rural romania, its cozy as fuck

Find my an entire town made of barebrick buildings in the alps