How do I short the american housing market?

money.cnn.com/2018/08/21/news/companies/toll-brothers-housing-market/index.html

How do I short the american housing market?

Attached: wagner6.jpg (612x459, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

estately.com/listings/info/10455-litzsinger-road--1
nationalmortgagenews.com/news/nonbank-mortgage-lenders-ease-credit-standards-for-super-jumbo-loans
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Become a realtor

Sell houses

I wonder how skewed that is. I watch the housing market like crazy for the past 10 years, kind of a lame hobby I have. I've seen in jump in the past year but I think people are thinking it's taking off. If you actually look at the exotic car market, which took off a few years ago and was really over due, it's died down a lot, cars are sitting even with the prices dropping.

There was a few threads on Jow Forums the other day about how the boomers are going to want to cash out of their homes and millennials are not in positions to buy these overpriced homes. Which interested me a lot. It's very true in places like the midwest where they want to cash out the family home and buy a smaller place in Florida. So certain price ranges I think will suffer big time, while condo/townhome markets in florida will not.

I've also seen homes foreclose I belive due to medical expenses. The guy that owned this home was an executive at Anheuser Busch. How the fuck did he lose his money when he paid 500k for the home and was making millions?

estately.com/listings/info/10455-litzsinger-road--1

So I'm curious about the boomers wanting to take money out, and if their medical bills from living longer will catch up with them. It wouldn't surprise me if it's made easy to purchase these 1MM homes to avoid a disaster, and leave the millenials with the overpriced homes in the end.

Attached: 1534701552635.jpg (890x640, 92K)

you want to... short the housing market...?

Attached: huh.png (600x249, 136K)

Short REITs and mortgage-backed securities

Nut up or shut up pussy, this gravy train still has a way to go

How much is pic related in construction costs?

thats where you're wrong kiddo.

About 400k

The materials themselves? 50-60k

this, this is no bubble. maybe in some markets it got a little too hot, but it's just a lack of inventory that won't likely be solved any times soon that's driving prices.

Anyway, there's no way to really easily short the housing market. That's part of the problem and why it can get bubbly. there's just no incentive for prices to ever go down.

REIT's will hardly be affected.

this is what I think, my bet is that this is a temporary boom before a crisis larger than 2008. 2008 happened because of people who financed their homes improperly and then banks came to collect.

The next crisis will be a generation of homeowners selling and a generation of buyers being way too poor to buy. Prices will come crashing down. I'm 27, I have 3 friends I know out of a group of about 50-100 who have actually purchased their own home. All of my friends are college educated and work full time.

I just don't see the average millenial being able to afford a home in the near future

I don't know if prices will come down just because millenials are having difficulty buying homes. They will just have to sacrifice more and wait longer to do so. Where I live it's not unusual for young couples to save for years and get money from their parents so they can dump a couple hundred grand just for a down payment.
I mean look at the student loan bubble, the increasing necessity of college and advanced degrees, and the housing bubble. Young adults are increasing screwed, yet they aren't refusing to play.

REK

My gf wants to buy an apartment for 900k. We have 200k for a down payment. I'm inclined to wait a few years because I think this shit is way overpriced. It's just a 2 bedrooms apartment (albeit in a skyscraper in the best neighboorhood in town)...I don't wanna spend 40 years wagecucking to pay that shit.

19yo Canadian wagecuck here. Looking to buy a house in the next 10-15 years when the market collapses. Can't fucking wait for that to happen.

Attached: 1531273538727.png (500x707, 659K)

NYC by any chance? Sounds similar to what I was looking at. Some friends of mine who made 750k/yr and lives in a 3bd complained about money all the time, and I realized if I wanted to have kids and a reasonable life I needed to lower my cost of living. Moved to Nashville, bought a 3bd house with a backyard for 500k. Glad I got the fuck out. Probably won't stay here more than 5-10 years but quality of life went through the roof.

I dunno man. In some ways I envy young teenagers due to the advances in medicine, VR, and sexbots that will happen in their lifetime. But it's a gamble, society could be entirely f'ed in 15 years. All the impending doom from automation and AI is supposed to happen in 5-10years.

>Thinks buying a 2 bedroom apartment for 900k is a good idea
>Thinks putting down a 200k down payment is a good idea

Holy fuck you are dumb. I don't give a shit how much you make or how much you have. You will be poor forever if you think blowing that much money on a FUCKING 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT is a wise financial decision.

Do you want to wagecuck until you die or kill yourself when your 700k mortgage goes underwater? Live below your means you fucking retard. Fuck.

Attached: haram.jpg (600x516, 62K)

If I could, I would just bail to somewhere like yours. I miss having a plot of land, dogs and a house (grew up in a place like that). I came to the big city to have a big job but this shit isn't worth it but now I've been with the love of my life for way too long to just bail. She won't ever leave the city (job's too important). So now I basically have to choose between wagecucking forever or move out alone...this fucking life, man...

If your comprehension skills were higher than a 2nd grader, you would understand I am very skeptical and never said it's a wise financial decision.

If the two of you made at least $300k/yr it may be ok, but I doubt that.

Not even close. 200k&yr...

I bought my own house 2 years ago at 26 for $500,000 in Seattle area. It has since appreciated around $200,000. I'm trying to sell in the next couple months so i don't lose all that.

Gonna rent until a collapse and then buy again.

Attached: 28181292819.png (897x528, 411K)

Don't be one of the schmuck buyers buying at the top of the market. I'm riding this shit out renting a $500 room while making about 100k. No fucking way am I paying 500k for a small ass town house that was worth 300k in 2010.

What if you end up paying 50k in rent over several years and prices don't go down or only went down to the point where your former house lost 30k in value?

>It wouldn't surprise me if it's made easy to purchase these 1MM homes to avoid a disaster, and leave the millenials with the overpriced homes in the end.
nationalmortgagenews.com/news/nonbank-mortgage-lenders-ease-credit-standards-for-super-jumbo-loans
also areas with high student debt experience more foreclosures statistically.

t. work in the industry

my mother-in-law owns an apartment in vegas thats empty. Gonna live rent free, just utilites. So i say "rent" but really its just "not own".

i'm a software developer and about to start work with a remote-only company which will enable me to be more fluid.

Literally short lenders and mortgage companies. Or buy put options, wouldn't recommend trading options though.

Well said. In 2 years you will be able to buy a 500k home in a nice area for around 300k. It's just a waiting game now. The writing is on the wall.

Why dont you just buy a multifamily home for the same price and rent that shit.
Net like 30k a month with minimal effort to get tenants ....

Fuck you richfag check your privilege

It's really about supply and demand...we're in a housing shortage.

Which is a new era not a temporary state. For every boomer that dies there are 300 1st and 2nd generation immigrants entering the market, and half the Mexican ones are already having babies.