Biz bros... I have sad news about the price of LINK

I just ran some quick calculations, and the previous prediction of 38$ EOY is now only pointing at around 25$

So don't forget, time to accumulate more...

Attached: 1534708157676.png (806x595, 260K)

I'm not sure you considered the singularity when you made your calculations. Can you try again?

Checked. Bless you user and praise kek

checked

You forgot the market retardation factor. Its a common mistake around noobs, but it acts as a 200x force multiplier past a given threshold, which we seem ready to hit in the coming months. This puts the price at $5000 EOY

checked

Checked

Checked
Checked
Checked

reported for spam

stop spamming this sh*tcoin that will eventually die

Checked

so close

checked

you got them dubs tho

Checked

Dubs going crazy

fuckin checked

$25/LINK EOY would make me happy as a clam. How are you calculating this, user?

you forgot two zeros

Blessed thread. We are all going to make it Link bros

The $1000, $2500 and $5000 memes are not happening.

Trips and you's all are back to 20c in December

Nah it will be 100$ EOY. Screencap this.

It won't be even $1 lolololol.

Singles and we hit $1k EOY

O6TYo8o+ GET

Max fundamental price is 13usd, that's with a generous market cap. Irrational people may project that price up to God knows where though.

Attached: GettyImages-526762892-Al-Sharpton.jpg (690x1024, 120K)

Nice try, but Kek is on our side.

This is now a LINK get thread.

You are all going to lose your money.

If Dubs Link 0.25 USD EOY.

CHECKED

CHECKED

Fool. You cannot stop links rise.

I ran the numbers, 5k EOY

>Keked and Checked

>stop spamming this sh*tcoin that will eventually die
imagine being so dense that you actually believe that

I have a question, been chainlinked since november. Full delusion believer. Why wouldn't companies or dApp providers set up local node environments (multiple nodes) and consult these nodes for free? Let's have the common example SWIFT with 11.000 banks want's to utilize smartcontracts for bond payments, they each set two nodes and thus have 22.000 nodes, it's in their mutual interest to be honest since they profit from their jewery even more this way. They'll be glad to operate the nodes for free because the savings elsewhere are massive. It can't be this simple so where did I get lost marines?

I only need it to hit $40 in order to make it.

rollan

Rolling for memes to happen

Attached: IMG_8861.jpg (700x699, 451K)

if every smart contract creator is just using their own node, that's not exactly a decentralized oracle. if they weren't interested in decentralized oracles they probably wouldn't be interested in chainlink.

How is this trustless?

Anyone? I can see arguments about centralization, but how decentralized and random does it really have to be? Banks somewhat trust each other's today. If they get a tamper proof system going for some of their services would 51% attack really be a concern with said 22.000 nodes? I don't think so. Even dapps could do the same. Let's have Uber on blockchain. Set up a few thousand nodes and profit from ride services. Do decentralized oracles need a token? I'm arguing NO

Checked

They are using each others nodes. Not necessarily their own. 22.000 nodes with the reputation system, randomly select 5000. If they have mutual financial interest in the system I think it's decentralized enough.

What's the benefit in having 22.000 neets running the nodes with fees vs. having 22.000 free nodes run by parties that already have a skin in the game. They could set sanctions if there's dishonest behavior. They are not fucking each other ower with the current system and there's no way with more secure and traceable tech 51% of these banks would fuck up their reputation for tampering with a single bond payment (assuming each payment consults the network) Is this why they talk about SWIFT oracle solution on their webpage, it might not use the token and neet nodes

We have the best dubs don’t we folks?

Attached: B2EB723D-4CC6-463B-9432-756D941E51D8.jpg (544x392, 189K)

$20 EOY minimum

You don't need outside nodes within trusted environments or when the parties involved in the smartcontract have financial incentive to act honest. Mutual benefit. Example: your family or friends you trust want to make a bet. Each run a node and you're set. When dealing with random p2p business then you'd want to call neet nodes. Or businesses without trusted networks and no mutual financial interest. All kinds of institutions could have their own node networks and would be incentives to act honest for the reason they act honest today. Honest=mutual benefit

Rolling to undo this roll. If Chainlink hits $2500 I’d have $50,000,000. I don’t know what I’d do with that money

A lot of these cases you wouldn't even want to use smartcontracts to begin with, that's restarded of me. But the SWIFT example stands unrefuted. I've convinced myself they are using swift oracle network provided by smartcontract.com, no token no neets

At 25 dollars im a millionaire

And what happens when the banks want to talk to a insurance company? Or the stock market? And the insurance company wants to have automated validation of claims from a mechanics workshop? And so on. The point is to provide a single one-middleware-layer-to-rule-them-all service, which will make a bunch of new businesses & services viable, as well as saving a ton of cash on old ones. It's not a trivial thing, talking billions in potential value at least.

Even this scenario has its positives, banking industry proven tech will be of demand where decentralized oracles are needed. If it's possible to randomly select nodes to participate in the aggregation I can see API providers setting up nodes each connected to each others nodes. They'd make API calls safe, but again cheaper than having neets pay them for data and then smartcontract users pay neets. That could be why SAP seems to be getting involved

Yeah, this. But did anyone not think this was already how it'd work? Of course businesses will operate their own node, why wouldn't they? Point is that any time there's a trust issue you have a bunch of neets bidding to validate your transactions. And on the Internet very little is trusted, so that's actually quite a lot of potential neetbux for Linkies.

$10 here. That's all I need. It's gonna be fine.

Insurance companies and stock markets could have their own integral network since they share mutual interest in sustaining a system where they reap their profit. Mechanics-shop is a case where neet-nodes would be possibly consulted, in the future smaller businesses with mutual interest could organize and run free nodes for each other. Also I'm not sure if a mechanics-shop be a trusted source of API data to begin with

And what do you guys think about salesforce customers having a network of free nodes "salesforce oracle network by smartcontract.com". They all want to save money with smart contracts so they all run a node. Then you have SAP smart oracle network by smartcontract.com. They have the reputation system and have to prove identity and have mutual financial benefit in managing an honest network. If trustlessness is what they want why would they get neets involved and pay them? This just won't make sense. A lot of niche use cases but to me it seems like a nobrainer for institutions and existing networks to use their own nodes

I was hoping everyone uses neet-nodes. What kind of usecases you expect to have for neet-nodes? P2P over the Internet is where trust is needed. I guess linkies hope this will make new kinds of business models possible. Network effects, laws and money favors the old systems

Each protocol could implement ChainLink in their nodes. Same goes for decentralized apps. People who run the platform also run the oracle network.

every dollar link increases my port will jump $100k

>A lot of niche use cases
>why would they get neets involved and pay them
you're lost bruh..im sry i dont have the energy anymore..but please try and read the whitepaper and watch youtube videos.

Read everything the team has put out and watched every video. I'd appreciate it a lot if you could where did I get lost? Take the institutions example if you can

So to make it short, refute this: financial institutions can set up their own smart oracle network safely because of mutual economic incentives and enough decentralization with reputation system and identity requirements in place make tampering

Why would they need to? It'd be like reinventing the wheel

They would use Smart oracle network by smartcontract.com but use their own nodes in order to not have to pay for neets to deliver data

Attached: 1521778225962.jpg (600x800, 398K)

Alright I've been ranting about this for two hours without an answer. If anyone thinks they can refute anything I've said in this thread please go ahead. I'll search for this thread in the archives where this is about to drop instantly because biz sticks with price predictions and lambo moon talk.

I can keep checkin all night

Attached: IMG_7993.png (640x640, 1.05M)

first lets start here...even if two parties are using a private distributed ledger both parties will want guarantees that the data has not been tampered with. If party A is going to trust party B when they say that the shipment was late based on their own centralized oracle that they operate/control over then there isn’t a need to use blockchain to begin with...If there is no way to retrieve data in a decentralized way it basically nullifies the highly secure indestructible security, you have in the middle. This basically leads back to the "God Protocol" which was defined by Szabo in 1997 as “the most trustworthy third party imaginable – a deity who is on everybody’s side”.
>Ok, so could Google run their own node, and every time they run a contract, manually filter for their own node and ignore everyone else?

Sure. But then why would they even be using a smart contract? The point of a smart contract is that you're dealing with multiple parties that you don't necessarily need to trust for the execution of that contract to follow through. One of the points of a decentralized oracle service is that you may not trust the deliverance or reliability of the data coming to the smart contract. The scenario you're describing makes it sound like Google, or any entity, would control every piece, the contract, oracle, and data.

nah everyone is just tired.

no one cares

Attached: 1517987172483.gif (264x248, 959K)

>You've been talking about this in hundreds of threads every day for a solid year
>I found out about it yesterday and I'm pretty sure I'm already the smartest linkie there is. I demand someone answer all my noob questions because I think they're important and original.

I'm talking about using the ChainLink network but using nodes provided by multiple parties already involved in the process. For example the delivery of a food container. There are a lot of different parties involved in the network that exists around the shipment. Different customs and different businesses receiving the deliveries within this network would offer nodes for free for eachothers . That's a decentralized network of oracles incentivized by mutual financial interest, having the system they profit from running as smooth and as cheap as possible.

I'll take that. And I hope you're right cause I'd sure as hell rather be wrong on this. Here's for my bank paying me passive income for running a jason parser

Trying to make my point even clearer one more time. In addition to A and B there are 10 000 parties that regularly utilize smartcontracts based on same real world data sources. So A, B and 10 000 others decide to start offering node services for each other's for free. Why would they not do this. That's 10 002 nodes that are incentivized by mutual financial interest. Banks are the most relevant and obvious example. If you're interested see my posts above

CHECKED.

Price of electricity is a factor I haven't considered here. Maybe that makes having single multi purpose network the
cheapest option. The optimal size is just big enough to achieve the level of decentralization needed. Prices will be set so that a multi purpose node makes net after electricity or aws cost

You don't know which nodes you're calling on - you can't just pick and choose nodes.

Makes sense. So in order to do what I propose it would have to be an individual network to begin with. Swift smart oracle network could be such network. But yeah I get that almost no real life network could have their own network. Thanks user I appreciate it

I don't even own link but I came here to check em

No one can argue against OP. TOP FUCKING KEK.