/lang/ - Language Learning General

>What language(s) are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Ask questions about your target language!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Participate in translation challenges or make your own!
>Make frens!

Read this shit some damn time:
4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/The_Official_Jow Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Totally not a virus, but rather, lots of free books on languages!:
mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A

Check this pastebin for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides:
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
FAQ U:
>How do I learn a language? What is the best way to learn one? How should I improve on certain aspects?
Read the damn wiki
>Should I learn lang Y so I can learn lang X?
No
>What is the most useful language?
Pickled Polish
>What language should I learn?
Smoked Serbian

Old thread Old challenge >>Was there even one?

Attached: Speakers.gif (400x325, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XjuWnn4i-Z4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Retarded ass image OP

Good ass image OP

Lad, we get archived so often we can't afford better pics. Either we must stop falling to page 10 or live with shit OP's forever.

Attached: apusmoke.png (128x102, 22K)

>STOP MAKING BAD CHALLENGES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>I stop making challenges for a few threads
>Literally no one bothers to make any

I started swedish a few days ago but whenever I'm learning a lesson I get frustrated and do something else.
Based choice (but unbased discipline).

Attached: PeepoPointersCool.png (128x66, 13K)

Who made this crap?
1.132 billion people speak English, even if you go by native speakers it's 360 million. There is no Chinese language but if you mean Mandarin its 917 million native speakers and the total number of mandarin speakers is 1.16 billion

Not him but I was learning German and gave up. There is basically no one to practice it with so you basically can just read it and do duolingo but that gets boring.

>There is basically no one to practice it with
What? German learners make up like three fifths of /lang/'s demography.

What is the difference between obrigado and obrigada?

Men say obrigado and women say obrigada.

And how do you say meow and ruff in Portuguese

Passive immersion is more fun than active production.

Why don't you watch some German tv. Do you have Netflix

I'd rather see no translation challenge than Jow Forums-style "redpills" disguised as translation challenges.

1930s/1940s German propaganda films are great, but post-war German films and TV series are boring and ordinary as fuck.

patrician taste

I think the propaganda films, TV shows, and books about WW2 era Germany are banned, or severely censored

They're banned in Germany, but they're legal elsewhere. You can watch Triump des Willens all you want, but you can't buy Kinder Surprise Eggs or Jamón Ibérico. You win a bit, you lose a bit.

I did not have any intentions to spread an agenda on /lang/. My challenges came from randomly and fairly chosen pre-existing content on the internet. For example, I would represent different groups and threads equally.

Have sex

I never saw you go against gamers or Jow Forumsdditors, but I did see you quote stuff on lgbt communities, tumblr, and anime fans.

I'm not going against what they say, I'm just copying and pasting their content, and it isn't even anything damning. If you really want a Jow Forums edition, I'll make one, but you'll probably say I'm trying to "subtly redpill" everyone by posting opinions I agree with.

my wife chino... I WANT TO FUCK CHINO
please chino is so cute my wife chino is so cute chino chan sex chino sex with chino i'd like some more kafuu chino sex with chino kafuu chino my wife cute is so chino wife

>meow
Miau
>ruff
???
If you mean the sound dogs make it’s “Au au”.

Language challenge - Jow Forums edition

Easy
>That's the joke
>Anyone else see a pattern here?
>How many of you here are Vatican agents?
>Very inspiring, OP. You are doing God's work.

Medium
>Turns out ethno nationalism is the only way to repel the kikes from our lands.
>How do I, as a 6'4 white male, get a spic wife like this with big boobies and a big ass that will dance for me, Jow Forums?
>They get Ariel. We get Harriet. Well, a ditzy, air headed, lying version. Christine Blasey Ford to play Harriet Tubman.
>let me redpill you on something: da jooz aren't responsible for all the evil in the world and everyone here are lazy white numales

Hard
>Culture is trying to impose one hierarchy over another, and each hierarchy goes by a different name or name it morals, whether we put dominance, intelligence, practicality, success of the individuum/collective - most certainly a mix of many names that we can't really define with our primitve language.
>Where would you put a right of one value system compared to another, can you reason it down to the naked bone or are you just in the same sphere as anyone else, having no real righteousness, just acting on feelings?

>A transgender is an anti-LGBT tumblr-hating anime-hating Jow Forumstard
Bad joke, mexifat

One of the sentences on the /lgbt/ edition challenge was actually my own post.

Attached: wipe tear laughing.jpg (248x189, 9K)

>That's the joke
Tas ir joks.

>Anyone else see a pattern here?
Vai kāds cits šeit redz modeli?

>How many of you here are Vatican agents?
Cik daudzi no jums šeit ir Vatikāni aģenti?

>Very inspiring, OP. You are doing God's work.
Ļoti iedvesmojošs, OP. Tu dari Dieva darbu.

How are you learning Latvian?

By looking at conjugation and declension charts etc on Wikipedia.

Someone remind me why we brought this board back when it clearly doesn't contain anything and if anything attracts more edgy stormniggers to Jow Forums

long night for learnin'

Attached: Jaime Charge Painting.jpg (750x1200, 184K)

I love it when Americans learn second languages. It's so noble and admirable.

>page 10

>Why yes, I do know a couple dozen words in Spanish.

Attached: 1546723921688.jpg (1242x1394, 184K)

Saturday morning! How are you?

Anyone have experiences with learning german? would duolingo be the place to start? or are there any places better?

Attached: spinning-9_1.jpg (500x490, 42K)

I have learnt Scots and am learning Japanese.

Attached: em0y1.jpg (900x506, 43K)

bump

I started learning German with Duolingo, but for some reason, even looking at Duolingo content triggers some anons here

Awoo

>tfw could be fluent in a third language by now if I wasn't such a lazy faggot as a kid.
Feels bad man lads

Attached: 1562708326561.png (597x584, 175K)

>english grammar
Fuck it

Attached: GLsvR7u7kak.jpg (480x324, 30K)

>"I'll do my studying later"
>later
>too tired to study, just go to bed
How do I stop doing this?

Attached: 1562818535416.jpg (540x581, 52K)

What do you need help with?

You can easily be fluent in Norwegian

Personally I have a calendar-notebook and everyday I write what I have to do:
- study a langauge [ ]
- read a book [x] when I complete I put 'x'
There is many todo productive apps for mobile phone but I recommende to use paper one.

How about a language that matters

Do you guys actually do language courses, or just learn stuff from random books, smartphone apps, and wikipedia?

Know Spanish and English natively, learned Arabic and can read French.

Right now focusing on my Chinese. It is pretty hit or miss. I can order food and ask directions but I am just on the edge of being conversational. This language is much more difficult than Arabic I think

bump

/lang/oids

I just watch TV shows and read news sites. I still do duolingo but only to keep things fresh, I don't learn much from it anymore but repetition never hurts. Helps you with ingraining things.

I have finally learned Hungarian, test me. Give me a challenge.

>not using the hyperbolic lang chamber to maximise lang gains

Tu as le gay.

Do you use subs? Im B1 in german but can only understand like every 3rd word on tv

>Ethnologue 2005

It's old numbers, and Chinese means any speaker of any Chinese language.

Post a fucking challenge

I use them whenever available but I can understand most things just fine without them. But to be fair it's easymode to understand Dutch if you're German and studied it casually for 3 years.

Attached: 1562597363448.jpg (406x325, 33K)

Except for some classical literary works, all is best in the bastardized English that’s being used.

>and Chinese means any speaker of any Chinese language.
The way different Sinic languages are treated as dialects despite being mutually unintelligible is really stupid. Nobody refers to "Romance" or "Germanic" as being languages, with French or German for instance just being dialects, so why is "Chinese" treated this way?

Same goes for "Arabic". Someone from Egypt can't understand someone from Libya, yet these people apparently speak the same language. No.

Start with the DW course for A1-B1 or the German for Reading book (look it up on libgen). Then go off and do your own thing. Sentence/vocab mining from books & films is highly recommended by me.

Ton mère a le grand gay.

chino chan... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Write a paragraph in your target lang about something.

noreg!!!

aite, judging by my flag this is germon clay now

Attached: Screenshot_20190713_170338.jpg (1080x788, 391K)

based claimer of western snowniggaland

Who's the asshurt faggot who reported the challenge?

First time, do you like it ? I wanted something a bit more down to earth. I tried to make the grammar progressively more complex, and to avoid stupidly eccentric vocab even for the difficult part.

Easy :
>I'm going to the grocery store
>He is small but cute
>They workout everyday
>We will take the bus, then we will stay at my house

Normal :
>I would love to eat dinner with you but I have work to do
>You keep doing the same mistakes, maybe you are just dumb
>He almost fell on her, he is such a mess

Difficult :
>He seems so awkward and shy, yet I heard that he slept with many girls. Could it be because he is rich ?
>Studying philosophy gives you a sharp analysis but in our day and age making money is what really matters
>And then he yelled that there were two types of people in this world but we were never given the opportunity to know which ones they were because security took him out of the reception room

Easy :
Megyek az üzletig.
>He is small but cute
Kicsi de aranyos.
>They workout everyday
Minden nap gyúrnak.
A busszal megyünk, aztán meg a lakásomban maradunk.

Normal :
Szerenék veled vacsorázni, de dolgom van.
Ugyanazokat a hibákat ismétled, talán csak hülye vagy.
Majdnem ráesett, mekkora egy pancser.

Difficult :
>He seems so awkward and shy, yet I heard that he slept with many girls. Could it be because he is rich ?
Olyan furcsa és visszahúzódó, de mégis azt hallottam róla, hogy sok nővel volt. Talán azért, mert gazdag?
>Studying philosophy gives you a sharp analysis but in our day and age making money is what really matters
A filozófia tanulmányozása jó kritikai készséget ad, de a mai világban a pénzcsinálás a lényeg.
>And then he yelled that there were two types of people in this world but we were never given the opportunity to know which ones they were because security took him out of the reception room
És akkor azt kiáltotta, hogy csak kétféle ember van ezen a világon de nekünk nem adatott meg a lehetőség, hogy megtudjuk melyek ezek mivel a biztonságiak kivitték a recepcióról.

>>He is small but cute
he cute.jpg

Can I speak Hungarian good enough or should I have more sex?

>Megyek az üzletig
Well, this implies that you go until you reach the store, and then don’t enter, you just go until you reach it.
“(A) boltba megyek” would be better. A grocery store is a bolt, or “élelmiszer bolt”, but people usually just say bolt. Üzlet is reserved for things that sell things other than groceries.

コンビニに行く。
>He is small but cute
彼は小さいでもかわいいです。
>They workout everyday
彼らは運動をする毎日。

Good riddance, it was awful, just like all of your posts. Hopefully in the next occasion you'll take a vacation.

The Mexican asked for a Jow Forums edition. There was really nothing wrong with the challenge. This guy did it.

Facile
>Je vais à l'épicerie
>Il est petit mais mignon
>Ils s'entraînent chaque jour
>Nous prendrons le bus, puis on va rester chez moi
Normal
>J'aimerais bien dîner avec toi mais j'ai du travail à faire
>Tu continues à faire les même erreurs, peut-être que tu es simplement bête
>Il est quasiment tombé sur elle, il est tellement minable
Difficile
>Il semble timide et maladroit, mais par contre j'ai entendu qu'il a couché avec beaucoup de filles. C'est peut-être pourquoi il est riche?
>Étudier philosophie te donne des analyses aiguës mais aujourd'hui faire de l'argent est la chose plus importante
>Et puis il a crié qu'il y a deux genres de personne au monde, mais on n'a pas eu l'occasion d'entendre quels genres ils sont car la sécurité l'a ramené hors de la salle de réception

Nous is a bit more polite/precious than On so you should choose one or the other and go with it but mixing the two in one sentence is weird.

>minable
Minable means more pathetic

> C'est peut-être pourquoi il est riche?
C'est peut-être parce qu'il est riche

>Étudier philosophie
étudier la philosophie

>Sharp analysis
Une analyse pointue/un esprit critique
aiguë is used for a voice/sound or a pain usually.

Asides from minor mistakes very good French

Merci beaucoup, mon ami

Idę do spożywczaku
>He is small but cute
On jest mały i słodki
>They workout everyday
Codziennie podnoszą ciężary
Pojedziemy autobusem i potem zostaniemy u mojego domu

Chciałbym zjeść kolację z tobą, ale mam pracę do wykowania
Ciągle powtarzasz te same błądy, ty być może po prostu jesteś głupcem

Are you French? Get out of Korea please, it is not your home

>Łatwe
Idę do sklepu spożywczego.
On jest mały, ale słodki.
Oni ćwiczą codzienny.
Pojedziemy autobusem, potem zostajemy w moim domu.

>Normalne
Chciałbym zjeść kolację z tobą, ale muszę pracować.
Ciągle zrobisz te same błędy, może jesteś tylko głupi.
On prawie upadł na nią, on jest tak bałagan.

>Trudne
On wygląda tak niezręczny i nieśmiały, jeszcze słyszałam, że on spał z wieloma dziewczynami. Mogłoby to być dlatego, że on jest bogaty?
Studiowanie filozofii daje ci wielka umiejętność analizy, ale w naszych czasach zarabianie pieniądze to naprawdę się liczy.
I wtedy on krzyknął, że na tym świecie są dwa rodzaje ludzi, ale nikt nie dał nam szansi na wiedzy, kim byli dlatego, że ochroniarze zabrali go z recepcji.

>upadł na nią,
I thought of that but think this is to fall down from like a roof or something whereas this is probably meant as a "stumble into". So I didn't do that one.

More sex. [SPOILER]With me of course.[/SPOILER]

Or you're just retarded

You made some mistakes in this challenge.
>They workout everyday
First of all, you should say every day, not everyday. Everyday is synonymous with casual or mundane. Every day means each day.
I don't even think you can say to "workout" as a verb, only a noun. You need to say "work out" instead here.
You keep making*
People make mistakes. They don't do mistakes.
This is a minor point, but in these two sentences under "Normal" (which you should have named "Medium"), you should have put semicolons instead of commas.
Did you mean "Studying philosophy gives you an edge in analysis", or "a sharp ability to analyze"?
This sentence is a mess. I found it hard to understand the first time reading it around the "to know which ones they were" part because it was ambiguous and doesn't really convey the meaning of "what types there were".

Easy :
به بقالی می روم
>He is small but cute
قد کوتاه هنوز ناز است
>They workout everyday
هز روز ورزش می کنند
سواره اتوبوس خواهیم بود, بعد در خانه من می مانیم

Normal :
با شما شام می خواهم بخورم اما باید کار کنم
تقریبا رویش افتاد, خیلی چلفتی است

Thank you

The more I stay in Asia the worst my English gets

*the worse

Today I'm going to the Bibliothek

>łatwy
poszedłem do spożywczaku

jest mały, ale miły

codziennie się trenują

pojedziemy autobusem, a potem zostaniemy się u mnie

>średni
chciałbym zjeść z tobą obiad, tylko jestem bardzo zajęty

ciągle robisz te same błędy, może jesteś po prostu głupi

niemal na nią nie upadł, jest taki nieprzyzwoity

>trudny
wydaje się taki niezręczny i nieśmiały, ale słyszałem że przespał się z wieloma dziewczynami. mogłoby to być dlatego, że jest bogaty?

nauka filozofii daje dokładną analizę, ale w naszych czasach liczy się tylko zarabianie pieniędzy

a wtedy wrzeszczał że są na tym świecie dwa typy ludzi, tylko nie dali nam szansy uznać jakie to były, bo został zabrany z recepcji ochroniarzami

Easy:
я идy в пpoдyктoвый мaгaзин
>He is small but cute
oн мaлeнький, нo милий
>They workout everyday
oни зaнимaютcя кaждый дeнь.
мы пoeдeм нa aвтoбyce, a пoтoм мы ocтaнeмcя y мeня дoмa.

Normal:
я хoтeл бы пoyжинaть c тoбoй, нo y мeня paбoтa я дoлжeн cдeлaть.

I can't do the rest :(

Can anyone read ancient Icelandic? It's at 7:45

youtu.be/XjuWnn4i-Z4

Just completed an anki deck for another short story. Complete with audio.

Damn I'm based.