DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2213.37

DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for 人々 interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/cor.html
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: wataten1500.jpg (1000x1300, 655K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34227122
youtube.com/watch?v=5n84VR5OnDg)?
uta-net.com/user/ranking/daily.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VqVTL8SAjrc
weblio.jp/content/痛いところを突く
twitter.com/AnonBabble

C

Attached: luckystar27.png (480x580, 359K)

Attached: lovelive289c.jpg (2046x2024, 2.02M)

I won't have much time to do anything but Anki today. Wasted weekend.

Attached: 1550998452955.jpg (1440x810, 173K)

CUNNY

chino chan.... ARGHH CHINO CHAN CHINO CHAN

Attached: _kafuu_chino_gochuumon_wa_usagi_desu_ka_drawn_by_mitsumomo_mamu_6d26efc7861ebeb942f8f58cdf0cefb0.jpg (699x1513, 150K)

Attached: 1563017438832.jpg (699x1513, 230K)

Is that anime any good since you shill it so hard?
Wats it called again.

It's good if you like SoLs with cute little girls.

so in other words it's not good at all

For normalfags yeah, probably.

Just cute or "cute and funny"?

If you have your cute and funny glasses on, maybe.

Premise is 11/10 but execution is ehh. Pretty good overall.

Best anime I've ever seen

Attached: wataten1501.jpg (800x1040, 876K)

ロリ肛門犯すべし

AAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH CHINO CHAN CHINO CHAN MY WIFE CHINO PLEASE SO CUTE YES YES YES
>肛門
よりまんこいい感じ

アナルは正義
お前は日本語出来ず

uguuu oniichang

判婦

Attached: 367E7DE5-900F-4D65-9012-E06073E160C2.jpg (640x480, 49K)

Hey does anyone know where I can find the Michel Thomas audio courses for learning Japanese?

>「あんな不吉な名前のたばこ好きこのんで吸わねぇよ……いつもポッケに入ってるから吸ってるだけだ……」
> 「なんですかそれ、あんたのポッケは四次元ポケットですか?」
> 「そうならいいんだけど……出てきて煙草止まりだよね。百万円ぐらい出てくればいいのにな」
The grammar behind 「出てきて煙草止まり」here is confusing to me. Is it just saying they'll only get cigarettes (not money or something)?

>they'll only get cigarettes (not money or something)?
YES.
>even if something comes out, it will end up no more than cigarettes.

>so many hot girls in Japan
holy shit I want to learn Japanese now.

>it’ll never be more than cigarettes.
の方が良かったでしょうか..?

Attached: 7E9ED5C4-49C9-4C41-8EAB-0F74AE5448F9.jpg (554x554, 30K)

I think there were some Michel Thomas tapes available on Youtube.
Anyway, neither Pimsleur nor Michel Thomas will teach you anything more difficult than "僕はアメリカ人です。" (I'm a Freedomian) or "パン屋はどこにありますか?" (Where is the bakery?).
If you already know the kana + the basics of Japanese grammar (SOV word order, は, が, の, で, に, から, ヘ, verb conjugations, gobi), I suggest you to read some SOL manga like ゆるゆり, and make vocabulary cards for words as you come across them.

the shit people seek out to learn this language is truly astounding.

Thank you. I was really confused on what was 出てきてing.

i listen to this everyday
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34227122

Is it normal to not be able to understand speech in old films like this one (youtube.com/watch?v=5n84VR5OnDg)?

>tfw I'm too retarded to self-learn a language
pls help
I've been reading genki but I'm not really sure what I should be taking notes about and what I shouldn't
I do the partner exercises in my head but I'm never sure if I'm right or not

Attached: 1562933130321.jpg (1024x1298, 203K)

Books are a scam, read the guide

Study this sheet. Then leap onto reading よつばと!, はなひら, or anything else.
If you wanna do sentence or vocab cards on anki, that's totally up to you.

Attached: image.jpg (2486x1807, 1.52M)

I have kana down at least but only a handful of kanji and very little grammar, should I just forget about genki and use TK's grammar guide + that picture, then anki for kanji?

Yes, congratulations you just learned Japanese

You can use KanjiDamage, the Kodansha Kanji Learner's Course, or Remember the Kanji to learn kanji. The most essential parts of all of Japanese grammar are all in that chart. If you have any doubts on anything else, you can consult Imabi or the Dictionary of Japanese Grammar.
Once you've got yomchan installed, you can look up the meaning of any words you don't know, and make anki cards for them.

I work 4 hours every day and am looking for an audio only course for that period. If the 2 are inferior to another audio focused approach I would go that route, if someon can point me to the right resources.

read tae kim, do core 2/6k in aki and start reading whatever manga you fancy (you can use kanjitomo to look up words in image files)

there's also individual kanji study like this guy mentioned but if I were you I wouldn't put too much effort into this
maybe go through KKLC once to get a bit more familiar with radicals/kanji and then drop the whole thing for good

at the end you only really learn words/kanji by reading them in meaningful context

Tae Kim generated some serious misconceptions in my mind about the way many particles and other elements of Japanese grammar work. I didn't even know how to use が, よう, or ばかり properly until I read imabi's explanation for them.

You can use Jpod101, which you can get off the Resources (勉強資料) section on itazuraneko. After you feel comfortable enough listening to Japanese stuff without having to hear translations for stuff, you should be able to branch out into anime dialogue, and then gradually vlogs, podcasts, radio shows, etc. (which you'll have to pick out on your own).

the advantage of TK is his intuitive and straigtforward explanations without using confusing grammar talk
I'm not saying TK is flawless and some points need improvement, but I'd never recommend Imabi to a absolute beginner who doesn't have an at least semi solid understanding of how japanese grammar works

But Jpop101 is just listening practice, right? Or does it teach you vocab and grammar through audio too?

Jpod101 teaches both vocabulary and sentences, but no grammar. Anybody who wants to know about Japanese grammar can read through imabi whenever they want to.
I must warn that it is possible to become very good at understanding spoken Japanese without understanding any written Japanese at all (or vice-versa), so I wouldn't suggest somebody to only do one of the two, and to neglect the other one.

Thanks, I'll go with Jpod101 then I guess. I will start a Japanese course this winter, just want to get some practice in before that.

I'd say Imabi is better than Tae Kim for trying to explain Japanese to somebody who's never been exposed to any Japanese at all.
Compare this example from Imabi, section 9: Copular Sentences I:
12. あ、猫ねこだ!
A, neko da.
Ah, (it’s) a cat!
against what appears on the first chapter of Tae Kim's guide:
2. 学生だ。
Is student.
Unlike Tae Kim, Imabi never assumes that you might be able to guess that Japanese uses implicit subjects, since he actually outright states it, and even points out where the implicit subject would be in the English translation.

right below the passage you were posting

>Also notice how the subject isn't even specified when it's obvious from the context.
>Typical casual greeting
>A:元気?
>A: (Are you) well?
>B:元気。
>B: (I'm) well.

誰が便器やねん

催したから尻をこっちへ向けろ

the beaner just blogposts to practice his English skills, not sure if he's actually learning Japanese.

oh god high in the skies just gift me a based japanese friend to talk to

Attached: tumblr_oln16omLUx1vh7ftpo1_500.jpg (500x452, 77K)

日本語で書いた本を読むと映画を見るのは言語学ぶではないのか?ではなければ、"日本語を学ぶ"という意味は何だろうか?

>ではなければ

尻は無理だ 口に出せ

are there any youtube channels that are actually good to grasp japanese real culture, life and so on?

私の間違いは何ですか?誤謬、それとも文法的の間違い?

>誤謬
>文法的の

Attached: cardcaptorsakura1.png (389x386, 312K)

Now this is cringe.
Keep going - I'm sure people want to read your "contributions" on how to learn Japanese for the umpteenth time.

That's what this thread is about

◎日本語を学ぶ
・アニメが無料で見放題になる
・JAVを見ると100倍興奮する。嫁は必要なくなる。
・トイレで10倍遊べる。

◎中国語を学ぶ
・アニメがいつでも無料で見放題になる。
・JAVを見てるあなたも見られる
・トイレとは、洗浄ではなく戦場だと気づき 男らしく成れる。

That's not what he was asking

はーい

Attached: j89u9h.png (448x418, 320K)

あー本当だ。ごめんごめん。
これが欲しかったんだね。

Attached: je40k.jpg (1807x1240, 163K)

The plethora of readily available guides already cover "how to learn Japanese."
This thread is for cunnyposting and Japanese questions only.

cope

nya~

Attached: __original_drawn_by_piuta__sample-a63c4a64a1f5ded5b6689459a9f00596.jpg (850x1394, 103K)

Damn that looks bad
>sample

hmph.

Attached: __chung_seiker_fury_guardian_and_shooting_guardian_elsword_drawn_by_wanko_takohati8__61168dd1a10e334 (819x614, 78K)

>Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese

dilate

yes please

僕はホモじゃない。

僕はバカから。

本当にみんな日本語勉強してんのぉ(。_。;)?

ここどうだった?なんか凄くない?
日本語の歌詞が動画見ながら見れるの
uta net
uta-net.com/user/ranking/daily.html

日本語勉強しろ

(_ _ )つ

Attached: yhr656.jpg (1730x1101, 155K)

Someone tell him because I don't give a fuck

承知しましたぁー!
アドバイスありがとー!

Attached: 89709.png (450x451, 347K)

オコなの?セレブなの?

Attached: セレブなの?.jpg (450x445, 18K)

大人気なセレブだ

上げだ

落させないという闘魂

必死に死のうとするDJT

スレ殺しのこの俺様が葬ってやろう

Attached: 1563006241280.jpg (634x474, 36K)

伴婦

Attached: 90CFCE77-6882-4156-AEFD-75C64F923B52.jpg (656x467, 48K)

Does 「言ったら戻ってきた時に必ず殺すから」 mean "If you snitch on me, I'll kill you when you return" or do I have the subjects mixed up?

Attached: 無題.png (617x256, 22K)

What is the guy saying at the beginning?

一応 (something) 万年前の恐竜時代から今よみがえた五人の戦士達

"Five soldiers from the (something) dinosaur age have now been resurrected"

youtube.com/watch?v=VqVTL8SAjrc

一億数千万年前

>If you snitch on me, I'll kill you when you return
Correct

So what is it saying? Several hundreds of millions of 5 thousand years ago?

Based

What do I watch next?

Attached: Untitled.png (515x114, 6K)

Where are you getting five thousand from?
一億 100 million
千万 10 million
数千万 10s of millions
一億数千万 one hundred and something million
一億数千万年前 one hundred and something million years ago
five soldiers now resurrected from the age of dinosaurs some hundred-odd million years ago

先生に英語を話せる
why is such a sentence wrong, is it because as the object is marked with を the subject is least likely to be marked with に but rather が or は

Thank you! I thought of the possibility of it being "If you snitch on me, I'll kill you after I return (since I'll be arrested as well)", but that seems to be wrong.

Actually, I can’t deny the possibility of that, but “after you return” seems to be the most valid interpretation.

蛮婦

Attached: DD442A67-3D06-414C-812C-057A87B592F4.jpg (680x383, 28K)

Another question:
This 「そんな場をつくらなきゃいけないんだ」 part is similar to this entry weblio.jp/content/痛いところを突く right? With the sentence altogether meaning "I'm already bad at talking to people, so why do I have to emphasize that further by getting a job"?

Attached: context.png (647x268, 22K)