/dixie/ — The South & Friends

The Greek City-State of Nashville edition

Attached: 1555365163274.jpg (3408x1599, 785K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4dOsbsuhYGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2z_T5ZLD7AI
youtube.com/watch?v=1nq7iinuDd4
richmondfed.org/-/media/richmondfedorg/publications/research/econ_focus/2005/fall/pdf/economic_history.pdf
voltairenet.org/article169488.html
projects.leadr.msu.edu/usforeignrelations/exhibits/show/british-involvement-in-the-ame
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ahah

need some yuroposts

>tune into classic rock station
>a White Stripes song is playing
kill me

Greek or geek, which one are ya?

Attached: 1545324926595.jpg (720x1045, 91K)

It's
T O U R
I
M
E

Attached: Tdf Beaujolais.jpg (1920x1080, 615K)

bzz

Attached: 1549617441101.jpg (900x1200, 108K)

Unité

Attached: Tdf Beaujolais 02.jpg (1920x1080, 587K)

that's no good

Attached: 1547229587488.gif (192x192, 1.3M)

How about some johnny cougar?

youtube.com/watch?v=4dOsbsuhYGQ

>Mom goes to Paris
>Gets her phone stolen upon arrival

Attached: Europaface.jpg (125x120, 3K)

Well fuck Paris

Wonder how it happened, if there's a place where I mind my belongings it's Paris

I'll never get anything stolen unless I'm straight up robbed

Anyone else have dreams where you are swarmed by wasps and you have a fly swatter, but whenever you swing it's really sluggish and you always miss? I have those pretty often.

Have had a few of those but I was trying to stab people

well looks like herault gets to take a trip to the urban parisian hellscape to defend his mothers honor and cellular service
i salute u in ur endeavors to beat up blacks/arabs to rescue a phone

/dixie/ + /desi/
youtube.com/watch?v=2z_T5ZLD7AI

Me going there

Attached: 1563026483917.webm (1280x719, 2.36M)

During the civil war the south wanted a centralized banking system, Britain and Spain supported them purely for this reason.

Lincoln wanted the green backs and was against centralized banking. Alexander II was also against central banking and support the USA because of this.

i think i left sponges at the other bases furnace, check if youre close

southern states preferred jacksonian banking policies at the state level, breaking up larger banks
consolidating state currencies under the greenback led to centralized banking anyway
where are you getting this information

near the temple? ill check it out next time im on, not sure if i logged out down there or at base

>jacksonian banking policies at the state level
what do you mean

meant to reply

Attached: extremes-meet.jpg (400x313, 39K)

southerners hated centralized banking, don't know what you're on about

youtube.com/watch?v=1nq7iinuDd4

I know about Andrew Jackson he's one of my favorite presidents, I don't know what you mean by
>>jacksonian banking policies at the state level

tldr; southern states were negatively affected by the bank of the united states (which they felt was biased and practiced favoritism), and hated centralized banking from then on out, jacksonian policies broke the bank of the US up and replaced them with individual "pet banks" at the state level, which southerners preferred to dealing with branches of the huge bank

What about the Confederate Treasury?

you mean the one that never managed to supply the soldiers as well as volunteers sending clothes/recycled ammo/bandages to the front from their own pockets?
they had a pooling of resources to the confederate government, but most states never managed to work together that well and kept their economic/military resources separate

Yes they never managed to, but the confederacy also never managed to be recognized as a state by any country either. The point is what would have been if their side had won the conflict. The treasury acted as a central bank and could be manipulated easier than the greenbacks.

>Yes they never managed to, but the confederacy also never managed to be recognized as a state by any country either.
irrelevant to the topic
>The point is what would have been if their side had won the conflict.
most states still had their own currencies, there was no plan to consolidate the southern economy under a single currency like the north was doing
not sure why you're assuming the south would mirror the north in it's development if it had won the war instead
>The treasury acted as a central bank and could be manipulated easier than the greenbacks.
the union issued bonds to banks during the civil war, who then were legally allowed to issue currency based on those bonds, this allowed a fair bit more elasticity for the greenback during the civil war
that could be construed as a federal entity centralizing it's banking through a policy even though the banks were seperate
the south never did anything like this
the south was not united, and was disjointed by it's very nature
the confederacy never managed to get it's economy together (because of ineptitude and the union blockade) and they pulled all sorts of stupid shit like letting cotton rot in port to drive prices up (it didn't work, their buyers just switched to ottoman cotton from egypt)

We live in a southern society.

I don't understand how you don't see the treasury as the central bank of the confederacy

because a treasury is not a bank

Alright you're just arguing semantics at this point and this is no longer just a constructive conversation

Here are some of the sources you asked for earlier:
richmondfed.org/-/media/richmondfedorg/publications/research/econ_focus/2005/fall/pdf/economic_history.pdf

voltairenet.org/article169488.html

projects.leadr.msu.edu/usforeignrelations/exhibits/show/british-involvement-in-the-ame

There are more but that should cover most of what I've mentioned. One last fun fact before I leave, Russia actually blockaded the UK and spain from helping the confederates.

>In mid-July 1863, French Foreign Minister Droun de Lhuys was offering London the joint occupation of Poland by means of invasion. But the experience of the Confederate commerce raiders had graphically illustrated just how effective even a limited number of warships could be when they turned to commerce raiding, which is what the Russian naval commanders had been ordered to do in case of hostilities. The Russian admirals had also been told that, if the US and Russia were to find themselves at war with Britain and France, the Russian ships should place themselves under Lincoln’s command and operate in synergy with the US Navy against the common enemies. It is thus highly significant that the Russian ships were sent to the United States.

ok retard
a bank is for private individuals/businesses to store money and take loans etc.
a treasury is for storing government revenue
both can be used to manipulate currency, but one is in the business of banking and the other is not
ty for the sources btw

treasury does all of that on a centralized scale

bye

well then call it centralized treasurying not centralized banking, since private individuals aren't using it
>wasted all this time arguing with /jizz/tard

The difference is I was having a conversation and you were arguing.

all we do here is argue, constantly and bitterly
and the difference is i can't deposit money and withdraw it from a treasury nor can i take a loan out from a treasury
also surprised your voltairenet source doesn't mention russia's blockading california, it took the west coast out of the civil war but its good otherwise

Attached: 1536500708067.jpg (663x506, 57K)

Treasury does do that for banks and it does mention the west coast blockade please stop replying to me

get out of /dixie/ nigger
and i said private individuals

Yeah going to head down to the federal reserve and get a loan

New Hampshire
More like
Noob (butt)Ha(ndedtoyou)mpshire

GOD i wish JFK tagteamed the federal reserve with his brother like they did marilyn monroe and left it a cold drugged up corpse in a pool

Attached: 1542237129595.png (739x737, 566K)

berta

Attached: canado-dixon-alliance.jpg (987x779, 244K)

Plantmen

finna eat
sausage egg sammich for breakfast

Attached: wechill.jpg (2736x2052, 1.47M)

Baste
I've been making egg sammiches for breakfast like this guy does ever since I saw the webm

Attached: swarthy king of the egg fort.webm (626x360, 2.72M)

how does he get out

has sell eggs the have to he before out get can he

Attached: 1536054516368.jpg (875x803, 60K)

Got some eggs and brisket tacos

this is turtleboi i saw when I was out.

Attached: turtleboi.jpg (464x614, 13K)

this is creek I saw

Attached: creek1.jpg (823x619, 171K)

On the other side of the creek I noticed that a fresh water spring was pouring into the creek. it was very vigorous.

Attached: creek2.jpg (830x619, 173K)

c o m f y

Attached: holojosh.png (2292x1721, 732K)

I put my feet in the water. saw some little fish swimming around. the water was really cold. I think it must have been the springs making it cold like that because its otherwise hot as heck.

Attached: creek3.jpg (449x616, 61K)

thanks for reading my blog. like and subscribe.

Done

/nixon/

time for a RUM and VANILLA COKE
based and redpilled

thank you.
least you waited till noon

Sippin on Breton cider meself

still sipping my coffee i got earlier

>he thinks it's my first of the day

Attached: 1525927062308.gif (275x185, 2.99M)

Wew. Well I hope you are enjoying your day with it

yee

Attached: 1554254915360.png (181x256, 59K)

Attached: D-kshNiXoAAzbCm.jpg (634x1076, 126K)

Were you on today? Didn't see you
There's like 15 sponges in my house if you needed

>Alright you're just arguing semantics at this point
except he's not. a treasury isn't a bank and it doesn't function as a bank would

at my parents place for few days, my lappy does not have shader model 4

Attached: obé.png (1000x900, 96K)

FACT BLAST
in french you can say "i didnt dick anything" for "i didnt understand anything"

[spoiler]its not actually the same word but it sounds the same[/spoiler]

Attached: 1555692822351.jpg (640x343, 41K)

Rien bité à ce post pêh

Attached: ebin.webm (1280x720, 1.74M)

finna watch the défilé and the tour at the SAME time tomorrow

Attached: 1556794787138.gif (554x400, 48K)

Hmm I'm doing Tour on TV and /sp/ shitpost on the laptop but maybe I can do Tour on TV, défilé on a stream, and shitpost on mobile

But fuck mobile posting so idk

Attached: Tdf Beaujolais 03.jpg (1920x1080, 484K)

Also fireworks tonight in many towns
Will you dare go outside

AYO
FUCK THE BANK
BUY BITCORN

Attached: 1552249058793.jpg (971x665, 82K)

i have filled my quota already with work
i will stay inside in honour of those who cant go outside ok

Understandable
I'll go but it doesn't last long we're too smoll

Tomorrow's étape will probably be kino since it's in are Massif Central

Attached: Haute-Loire paysage_Polignac.jpg (1480x865, 467K)

Greek yogurt and maple syrup

Attached: das it mane2.jpg (520x638, 218K)

for me honey and oats

never had this combo
have no syrup tho, have some greek yogurt in the fridge

get some ozarkan maple syrup
support the arkansan economy

greek yogurt and honey granola*