Why do Americans love pick up trucks?

Pickup trucks are the best selling vehicles in the USA.

Attached: 2019-ford-f-150-limited.jpg (1000x563, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HnSHvkAhZ2I
youtube.com/watch?v=YrTxW_8Zozg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cuz big is badass

Why shouldn't I love pickup trucks?

Attached: 2019 Ford F-150.png (356x180, 34K)

they’re very cool and you can go crazy places with them

stupid mexicans and rednecks

Attached: greta.png (525x566, 605K)

based

They're very reliable, my truck has over 300,00 miles on it and I've never needed any major repairs

they cant tow trailers. havent you seen how inept they are at driving?

I've converted 300,000 miles into kilometers and realised that you're not honest with us.

Whites own pickups :
1. To compensate
2. To be bad drivers

Mexicans and other people own pickups:
1. For actual utility
2. Usually business owners

Thank you Jew. Btw Hispanics refuse to be circumcised.

>I've converted 300,000 miles into kilometers and realised that you're not honest with us.

Attached: 1561307172049.png (708x800, 39K)

Pretty much any german car can do 450-500 000km. My previous car was a Passat 3B with a 1.8T gas engine and it had 480k km before scrapping because the body was too rusty for it to be worth it to mend for inspection. The engine and drivetrain were still perfectly fine. Wouldn't be surprised if mutts could pull off getting equivalent distances out of massively undertuned diesels on truck chassis.

Exact same reason they love pit bulls.

Attached: 1546811241524.jpg (611x869, 34K)

youtube.com/watch?v=HnSHvkAhZ2I

american trucks aren't german. until recently they didn't have suspensions

American trucks are better than german cars

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1260x1300, 124K)

Pit bulls are quite hated in the US - most people I've talked to recognize the danger of the breed, but what is there to be done?

Average pit owner:
>"my pit is such a baby, he would never hurt a fly"
>Pit inevitably kills or seriously wounds a toddler
> :O "how could this happen he was such a good boy?"

come on now, even american cars aren't better
youtube.com/watch?v=YrTxW_8Zozg

Probably because they decided to live like this and they need to move a shitton of groceries from 50k km away every week
They pay more for their own dumb decisions, it's natural

Attached: 1557316917781.png (1500x998, 3.15M)

Pickup trucks represent a sort of ideal ruggedness that a lot of Americans really like.
Even though most truck owners would do just fine with a regular sedan, a truck represents a working man who gets the job done, so to speak.
Also, the roads in the US are much, much bigger than in Europe, so you can drive around massive vehicles no problem.

The trailers people tow in the US are way bigger than stuff towed in Europe.
For example, people will tow their RV/caravan which are often 8+ meters long.
That said, a lot of people buy trucks because they like how they look and shit, and will never haul things or tow anything.

German cars are ridiculously over-engineered.
They can be reliable with proper maintenance, but the electrics are notorious for breaking down and taking way more things with them than they should.
Like, take a look at VAG-COM compared to literally every other car type in the world. It's needlessly complex.

>can be with maintenance
literally just swap oils twice a year and belts when needed and you're good to go, even in our harsh climate.

>everything is bigger in the states
okay retard

Attached: 1555970105546.gif (599x553, 7K)

because its big and black

Attached: 1563127091517.jpg (980x771, 700K)

Explain why the blower fan, door locks, and MFD screen have all died on my Golf, and the boot latch blows a fuse every time you try to use it.
Replacing those items is a needlessly complex process. Fuck, even replacing the cabin filter requires me to pull off the bottom of the passenger's side dashboard.
I like German cars (have owned 3), but they certainly are not the same as American cars when it comes to simply just working.

I lived in the US for 20 years, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

What i dont understand is when i was over in the states even people living in the suburbs had pickups.
Like i get if you live out in rural Montana or Idaho or something and you need the pickup because of the terrain but why would a soccermom 30 minutes out from Chicago need a fucking Ford F150?

Attached: 19198_48571.jpg (900x900, 105K)

Is it True That russians need to buy a new car every 10k km

Because a VW Golf is an entry level cheap brand car? It's not really every German car out there. Our government had to change laws because of the W210 being driven around past 600k kilometers.

It's not a truck, it's a ute.
Pic related is a truck.

Attached: hino.jpg (1500x797, 216K)

Buy any cheap Toyota corolla or hilux from the early 90s and it will still have at least another 250,000km left in it.

>buy the cheapest german car
>complain about quality
>compare it to high-end trucks
okay retard

>Ford F-150
>high end truck
???

You realize that the higher end vehicles pull from the same parts bin, and I seriously doubt that VW is going to tell their line workers "Don't do a good job on these Golfs, they're just entry level".
Also, the F-150 starts at about $25k, similar to the Golf. A Merc like you listed is almost twice the price...

F150 starts at 60k€ and Golf at 20k€. Nice try retard.

Attached: f150.png (1247x585, 275K)

they don't even ship new f150's to europe since it can't meet the regulations. how is it fair to compare such a pile of steaming shit to an actually sophisticated german car?

also;
>key features
>am/fm stereo with clock
peak american engineering

Attached: rngr.png (1313x604, 206K)

I have 2.3millions of km on my car and it still works.

This thread is about what cars Americans drive, not American cars in Finland.

They don't ship them because no one will buy them, since gasoline is so expensive and roads are small.
Right now, gasoline in the US is €0.65/L,and the average US household income is like €
48k/yr.

> compare such a pile of steaming shit to an actually sophisticated german car?
Funnily enough, the electrics on the American shit car don't die after a few years.... is that just a feature of German engineering?

>the electrics on the American shit car don't die after a few years
also american car:
>key features:
>am/fm stereo with clock
no wonder

becus they have a lot of room inside and if you get into an accident the other guy dies and not you

>Pretty much any german car can do 450-500 00
Nah, maybe the old ones. New german cars will start giving you problems in less than a year.
I bought one in 2016, got rid of it in 2018. In the mean time i had to change the suspension, the enginee, the battery and the breaks. All of it in less than 40k km.

I only buy japanese cars or pick up trucks now.

I heard having pickup trucks is for tax

>murica bait thread
>0 german presence
>turns in to fritz bashing anyway

Attached: 1486335482238.jpg (449x1197, 229K)

GM is literally the worst American automaker and their buyers are boomers who deserve to be killed by their poor build quality.

Jesus christ you really are fucking stupid. There is nothing fucking sophhisticated about a fucking VW Golf. They're garbage economy cars that retards like you are willing to overpay for. F150s are cheap as fuck and are only expensive in Europe because you have idiotic shit like engine size tax and have absurd taxes and tariffs. I don't even like Fords other than the Mustang and mostly have owned German and Asian cars. You're full of shit. VW products are garbage. If you want any sort of quality German product you buy a Porsche or a higher end Mercedes. Asian brands build better economy cars than the Germans by a massive margin.

t. former mechanic who's actually in school to design cars

The Ranger isn't even American, it was designed by Australians and Germans. Get fucked you monumental retard.

Attached: pacific northwest nature river beauty.jpg (780x520, 80K)

>Asian brands build better economy cars than the Germans by a massive margin.

Used toyotas cost so much that they aren't economical anyway.

That's only because of EU protectionist economic system coupled with idiotic tax brackets.

Toyota/Honda/Hyundai/Mazda/Kia are cheap as fuck here.

>garbage economy cars that retards like you are willing to overpay for
see >F150s are cheap as fuck
see >are only expensive in Europe because you have idiotic shit like engine size tax and have absurd taxes and tariffs
none of this is true, you're retarded. if anytihng its you who has retarded taxes like chicken tax making it hard to import euro cars there. the main costs that make it nonviable to buy mutt trucks here is emissions-based taxation. you're actually retarded. enjoy your unemployable car arts degree. t:actual mechanic

>Supporting the insect car Industry
Cringe