Which country started with this design? most of Europe looks like this except the netherlands and the mediterranean

which country started with this design? most of Europe looks like this except the netherlands and the mediterranean

Attached: Muenchener_Strasse_Frankfurt.jpg (3024x2016, 2.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q429AOpL_ds
chicagotribune.com/hoy/ct-mexicans-and-hispanics-largest-minority-in-chicago-20171013-story.html?outputType=amp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

90% of that was bulldozed long ago in Sweden

Why?

they didn't maintain it

Attached: 20190512_110930.jpg (4032x2268, 2.91M)

france

Architects think it's ugly and want modern things. Also in every fucking small town they thought it was very important to put huge stores around the central square 50 years ago

>90% of that was bulldozed long ago in Sweden
I pity you

>kebab shop
>barber shop
>telephone store
hmmmmmm I wonder who live there

kara-l boga-aard?

I hate architects. They're exactly the same as the ones making modern art and the kind of fashion they have at fashion shows.
Pic related is the primary school for architecture

Attached: arkitekthögskolan.jpg (500x348, 83K)

Uh good freaking riddance. If you like those buildings you're an alt right incel who fetishizes that architecture because it stems from a time where your fellow white supremacists were able to subjugate ethnic minorities and folks with different sexualities. I for one welcome new modern architecture that symbolizes modern times of tolerance and equality and not those gaudy columns and ornamentations that fascists love so much...

I saw the hottest girl I've seen in my entire life walking down that street.

The whole area is a muslim shithole by the way, 100% third world, one of the worst places in all of Germany.

the road's too wide
shut the fuck up

>shut the fuck up, nigger
Fix'd

>most of Europe looks like
No. Central and northern Europe only.

It's even worse, it's anti-semitic

slav countries

don't try so hard my friend.

hilarious

Wow, even the wessis are living in this kind of shitty squalor.

Attached: found you.png (1893x845, 2.56M)

NYC looks like that too. I much prefer it over ugly modernist buildings or shitty fake suburbia like most of our country's cities have

This is Brooklyn, New York

Attached: Knickerbocker_south_of_park.jpg (2288x1712, 1.76M)

That picture is probably about 10 years old but that street still looks pretty similar besides the cars being newer

I can already hear the Shaft theme song playing

That's not even a black neighborhood, though. It's a mix of Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, and white hipsters. It is a really happening neighborhood and it looks nicer than that now. Euro tourists seem to like it a lot.

for us it was the 30-year war. after gustav adolf flattened our city everything was rebuilt in this style and because the uniform height and sandstone look was so popular, laws were passed that all new buildings must look like this.

okay, american attention whore

youtube.com/watch?v=Q429AOpL_ds

TOO LATE
MY MELANIN LEVELS
THEY ARE RISING

Kek
But do Europeans think Brooklyn is all black people?

At least you got a shoutout

Yes absolutely. The idea that Hispanics are the largest demographic in cities like Chicago or let alone New York doesn't cross our minds for a second. Europeans grew up watching most American media from the 80s and 90s and believe the USA is a white and black nation with only Hispanic pockets in Florida, Texas and California.

All jokes aside, I always had the impression that Brooklyn was full of Joey Wheeler cliches, black dudes, and pissed off rooftop koreans.

cities are constantly under siege during the middle ages, the space between the walls is limited, houses being build attached to each other along the streets to provide more space... gee it's almost as things make sense

hispanics aren't the largest demographic in either of those cities

Largest minority group*

They are the 2nd largest and not too far behind number 1. NYC is 33% white and 29% Hispanic

>Joey Wheeler
An anine character? I thought you'd say something like Andrew Dice Clay

blacks are larger in chicago
wow
tell me something i don't know
>rooftop koreans
that is los angeles

He was the first "look at me I'm from Brooklyn" character I could think of.

dang

Interesting, that makes sense.
Hispanics overtook blacks in Chicago.

>Hispanics overtook blacks in Chicago.
prove it

chicagotribune.com/hoy/ct-mexicans-and-hispanics-largest-minority-in-chicago-20171013-story.html?outputType=amp

Actually they were just stripped. A lot got bulldozed, but not these buildings.

It is now CHIcago

stripped how

All look the same

Facades were stripped.

they copied france but fucked it up because they were germans
also british isles are different

I really dig modern architecture desu. Brutalism is my fav.

Attached: abf9348b7a1242d99d0eca9b79022cbd.jpg (468x640, 86K)

nah, czech rep looks different

Ok spic boi.

Attached: 1563307871511.png (1884x1900, 1.73M)

Because people like things they can relate to and fits with their mental state.
You're fucked in the head.

that is just plain wrong.

looks like Siebenburgen

I believe this is a french style.

>Frankfurt

The one thing not show on this pic is Asians and junkies.

Why hasn't European architecture left the 1920s?

Attached: tfc3-006-7_5th42nd_nyc-1926.jpg (1200x771, 220K)

>"Asians"

Probably because it's very well maintained.

>Asians
???

Because not every city flourished like NYC did.

Architecture only needs to be practical, so we can focus on other aspects of life instead of buildings.

Attached: buenos_aires.jpg (786x990, 132K)

This building is everything but practical

Because commie blocks totally haven't been shown to affect your mental health badly and burning a country on the backs of depressed people totally worked for the Soviets.

It's the inside that counts

Attached: fbb769b3568981925bfe773dd2551852.jpg (452x600, 60K)

T. Never been to Frankfurt. It's filled with Chinese tourists

thats just wrong as usual. Please show something like that.

They never took care of their buildings, that's why everything looks depressing there.

I wonder why we stopped building them then if they're so great and practical.
Btw, there's nothing practical with brutalism.

nice

Attached: 13_Ex_Banco_de_Londres_-_©_Federico_Cairoli.jpg (750x437, 139K)

ANYTHING looks better than a modern design. Even the huts that Africans make out of shit and dirt. At least it suits the environment.

It's not the commieblocks themselves that are the problem, it's the 1960 planning of infrastructure. Remote from commercial areas, isolated by roads and no "city center".

*was

it isn't anymore, the new one is made out of rust

Attached: 2015-11-19_arkitekturskolan_kth_2_foto_ake_eson_lindman.jpg (1000x666, 130K)

why do Americans assume people from other continents know the racial composition of their neighborhood? kek

Attached: Banco-de-Londres_Picarelli_Interiores_23.jpg (2000x1333, 1.66M)

Most of the "garden ring" (circle highway around the center of the city) in moscow looks like this. Though they partially renovate it recently.

Attached: 1535396130182.png (1915x934, 962K)

This

Attached: 05-tony_banthutham.jpg (528x704, 123K)

imagine living there on the first floor

Attached: 1557941568365.png (464x401, 132K)

austria or italy probably

>Remote from commercial areas
Are you dumb? All of our commie block suburbs have a centrum with stores and food public transport infrastructure. Stop convoluting us with America.

>Food
Good*

Attached: 3022007_1981_BostonCityHall_byLebovich8_HABS_MA1176.jpg (1240x826, 395K)

Imagine living in a brutalist city
If only...

Yeah it's noisy as fuck. First floors are usually taken by the stores because it's a very crowded area of the city, but 2nd and up are fucking hell to live at. And they cost a shitton as well, at least 2x more expensive than the regular apartments literally 50 meters away.

damn, imagine living there but the beer shop is on the other side of the street

Attached: 1494201973216.png (420x420, 9K)

It’s racist architecture

This is much more inclusive

Attached: B486E67E-C74F-443D-A48F-A4B3CE337A5B.jpg (468x313, 39K)

"Brutalism is depressing"

Attached: Federální_shromáždění,_2010.jpg (3000x2000, 3.96M)

And even if it is, fuck everyone who thinks that. It looks kino af.

Attached: seoul-neo-brutalist-05.jpg (750x600, 165K)

>brutalism

Attached: 1553273575456.gif (326x191, 34K)

Was that from the Swedish lesbian artist?

Brooklyn isn't a neighborhood, it's the size of a major city

This. Brutalism is soy as fuck. Japanese urban architecture, otoh, is Chad-tier.

Attached: Osaka_Districts-XL.jpg (1023x683, 486K)

Does anyone like brutalism at all?
He's unironically right.
Looks boring.

Attached: 1200x-1.jpg (1200x789, 133K)

that picture in particular is kino

it's not like I hate it but lots of brutalist stuff just looks sad, soviet brutalism is kinda based sometimes

Attached: 8A28C8F3-5008-4B3F-A914-CCCECB093A47_w1023_s.jpg (1023x1300, 125K)

Brutalism looks pretty bland most of the times imo. Yugo brutalism is ok though.

I like it, but too much visual pollution, and not enough trees/green. Plus, what are we looking at? Looks like standard modern architecture from the 60s-70s.

Attached: b6d6aa6911df4df6bc85ac4848e36bdd3b16184def59c5a0238cb3cc1890a295.jpg (1024x683, 125K)

Looks nice though.
Yeah, I know. I like how monumental it looks. There is something beautiful about its simplicity.
Ye

Attached: 3MG_9743a.jpg (750x750, 249K)

That looks like an average street in Milan desu

>Europe complaining about architecture
YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD YOU HAVE IT, FUCK OFF