Is NYC the most similar to a European city out of all the American ones?

Is NYC the most similar to a European city out of all the American ones?

Attached: 0_HLuTnsDQdsHpfiad.jpg (740x500, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

frommers.com/destinations/athens/planning-a-trip/fast-facts
worldnomads.com/travel-safety/europe/greece/toilets-in-greece-water-safety
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, Buenos Aires

No, it's Solvang.

Attached: solvang.jpg (650x390, 52K)

Dunno been there once and it felt like american TV show in real life.

Boston nigga

>look guys we are European and shit, definitely not mutt.
stop your attention whoring

It's anything but European. Great city, but still American

Looks like a cheap walk-mart recreation of a nord village.

Denmark, specifically.

Boston doesn't feel anything like Europe

It is very American but still more European than other American cities

>very high rate of public transit use
>dense
>walkable
>pre-war architecture
>many Mosques
>lots of Muslim street food
>cosmopolitan
>lots of European expats

New York is in a league of it's own. Nothing feels quite like it.

Attached: image-20150406-26479-s0pz3i.jpg (926x618, 116K)

Yes, NYC smells like a random medieval european city

Everything in america looks like a cheap walk-mart recreation of something european.

True

Those brownstones in the North-East and some parts of Canada look very European. Probably why all the cultured people, the power and intelligence of America is concentrated there.

You can find such all over London. Compare them to a place like Knightsbridge. There's like 2-3 floors, with cute steps on the front leading to a street

Yeah I don't think some posters realize how much different that is from mainstream America

This

No, not even close. Why do you keep making these threads. Have you never been to Europe?

Yeah, no other city in the world comes close in terms of shittiness.

It is
t.work in Manhattan and live in Brooklyn.

I've been to 3 European countries. You butthurt Bostonite
Athens

How so? It doesn't even feel like the shows that take place in NYC.

Not really, the US is known more for it's skyscrapers.How many skyscraper are there in Greece? Athens looks like a middle-eastern shithole.

Attached: athens.gif (460x345, 161K)

Not OP but what’s closer to a European city between NY and DC?

Rosemary, Florida is the closest to a European feel from my experience. There's a fuck ton of bikes there

Philly and Baltimore to some extent

>>very high rate of public transit use
True
>>dense
That's not like most European cities.
>>walkable
Truish
>>pre-war architecture
A lot of it isnt and other east coast cities have a higher percentage of pre-war architecture
>>many Mosques
What? No not really they are only 3% of the population in the metro. We have more hispanic protestants.
>>lots of Muslim street food
>>cosmopolitan
>>lots of European expats

I didn’t literally mean “between.” I meant is NY or DC more European.

I get off the subway here every workday.
>tf
>tp
Every major city in Greece is a massive third world shithole.

NYC in my opinion

Alright thanks

There is a ton of shit happening non-stop. The tourist places are so artificial. Most of the major buildings and landmarks have been in so many movies and tv shows that it may as well be a giant set. The place is full of actors.

Dense is very much a big Euro city thing. Look at the density of Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, Amsterdam, etc. NYC is much denser than the average American city and is more on par with Europe.

I know there is plenty of postwar architecture in NYC but most of it is in the outskirts and not the cool parts.

NYC is NYC. calling it European kind of degrades it since there's a lot more to it than a standard European capital city.

Other than the acropolis I've never heard on positive thing about Athens. You cant even flush toilet paper there.

Nah the most euro city is Dearborn Michigan

Yeah but most New Yorkers don't spend much time in the ultra touristy areas so that's a moot point.

If I had to choose to live in either NYC or New Delhi, I'd pick New Delhi everytime. That's just how shit NYC is.

On the east coast pretty much any of the older port cities not covered in skyscrapers.

Attached: beacon-hill-boston-ma.jpg (467x309, 37K)

Interesting. How do you think it exceeds a Euro city?

>m-muh glass towers

Attached: 1558634475288.png (320x312, 61K)

>You cant even flush toilet paper there
Not defending athens, but
>this is what americans actually believe

But it's what a German tourist would see.

Boston is filled with detached wood houses which is pretty non-characteristic of a European city

I was asking if NY or DC is more European.

If they're not a "real traveler" type then yes

Most of NYC is not covered in skyscrapers. The interesting parts of NYC are mostly made up of 3-6 story buildings

this american poster is very annoying desu

It's a very big city with a long history, it's the centre of the western world and modern pop culture.
It's just impressive I think that most scryscrapers at this point have become historic. Any tall building on earth is often known for being some modern prestige project which was shortly the largest on earth and now is known for glass and some weird shape. Meanwhile in NYC there's actual architectural landmark skyscrapers that define an era. I think that's impressive. Also I'm a huge sucker for art deco

Attached: 1_New-York-Citys-iconic-Chrysler-Building-is-seen-in-Manhattan[1].jpg (615x409, 54K)

frommers.com/destinations/athens/planning-a-trip/fast-facts

>you'll probably prefer a hotel or restaurant restroom. (Toilet paper is often not available, so carry tissue with you. Do not flush paper down the commode; use the receptacle provided.)

worldnomads.com/travel-safety/europe/greece/toilets-in-greece-water-safety

>There's a very simple explanation: Greek sewage pipes are 2 inches (50mm) diameter. American and British plumbing is twice as large (4 inches/100mm). The Greek pipes just get clogged.

>Boston is filled with detached wood houses which is pretty non-characteristic of a European city
Have you been to Queens, Staten Island, or even parts of BK?

Not him, but there is no city like NYC in Europe. In terms of beauty I doubt there is any European city with art deco skyscrapers like NYC, the only one I know is the one in Antwerp. I think you should stop compare a whole city to another city with significant different features.

What the fuck? These are plain falsehoods. The "don't flush toilet paper" meme was started by boomer hotel owners. I live in a 35 year old building and I flush toilet paper just fine.

That's difficult. NYC has the berliner style apartment buildings and buildings pre-dating the country but neighborhoods are a mix of modern and old. Georgetown in DC is nice but DC as a whole doesnt feel remotely European.

>Meanwhile in NYC there's actual architectural landmark skyscrapers that define an era. I think that's impressive. Also I'm a huge sucker for art deco
This is my favorite skyscraper.

Attached: chrysler_building_1930.jpg (581x760, 47K)

>I live in a 35 year old building and I flush toilet paper just fine
>35 year old
That's why

Of course a gay-reek shitskin would feel more at home in new delhi, it would be like you never left your craphole. In fact new delhi probably looks more developed than any gayreek city.

I don't get it, are you implying that a 35 year old building is not old?

>gay as an insult
You have to free yourself from the femoid menace.

>that a 35 year old building is not old?
No, I live in a 90 year old building and it wouldnt have the smaller diameter pipes that the older ones would have.

My picture is the Chrysler building as well. Which in itself is amazing because it looks both great from the air and from the ground in a different way.

Eastern Queens and SI are the outskirts, not the urban core

You should look at the Art Deco residential buildings on/off the Grand Concourse in the Bronx. Those are my favorite

Best city in the world
Fuck the rest

>Everything in america looks like a cheap walk-mart recreation of something european.
its almost as if a bunch of Europeans moved to a different continent and recreated what they had built on their old one

Bushwick and the LES are my favorite NYC neighborhoods

No, it's Boston.

How? When I went there it just felt like an oversized American college town. The European looking parts were just certain areas

>Boston is filled with detached wood houses which is pretty non-characteristic of a European city
nigga come to the nordics our suburbs are like this

The suburbs yes, Boston is a major city

Boston and Seattle are the only 2 big cities I haven't been to and I doubt they look European. None of our cities look Euro

Nordics aren't really considered European by us or Brits. We think more of france or italy

our suburbs are like 10-15 min outside the city centre by metro or train

Perhaps other than that New Orleans (used to be)

>Nordics aren't really considered European by us or Brits
based. fuck the continent

>None of our cities look Euro
I know. All your cities have large ass roads with concrete sidewalks and highrise buildings

I have been to Boston, saw the center/port and little Italy
...not Europe. Maybe more Europe those places on the ocean like nantucket, but it's all wooden houses and looks all new/fake

Most American cities have small downtowns with some tall buildings but the residential neighborhoods are very suburban looking

Agree, their cities are so large and modern that it's not what pops in my mind when I think of Europe. Perhaps some places there can be similar to nantucket I mentioned

Not these two other Dutch guys, but New York is the superior and bigger version of Amsterdam. If I were ever moving to the USA, I'd probably buy a townhouse in Brooklyn

Stockholm looks like this

Attached: stockholm.jpg (1024x671, 377K)

A townhouse anywhere in Brookyn would likely be 1 million + Euros

does everything in europe looks old and crumbling

NYC is large but not that modern looking in terms of architecture. All of the cool neighborhoods have pre-war buildings.

Which is probably why I'll never move to the USA. I love how New York has lots of Art Deco, the only buildings here in Amsterdam that are Art Deco are the ones designed by Berlage.

are euro cities really that shitty?

Not really

Attached: Grand amrath hote.jpg (900x600, 472K)

inside

Attached: Scheepvaarthuis.jpg (800x600, 152K)

i'd say some parts of San Fransisco

I love the 6 story art deco apartment buildings

Curitiba is easily the most European looking big city in Latin America