Do you use cast iron in your country?

Do you use cast iron in your country?

Attached: 1548963329647.jpg (440x440, 29K)

what are the advantages?

Even distribution of heat
Inexpensive
Non-stick, naturally

>Even distribution of heat
Iron is pretty bad at conducting heat. The advantage of cast iron cookware is lots of mass for retaining heat. A saute pan can lose up to 50F when adding cold meat, but a thick cast iron pan will barely drop in temperature.

Enjoy wasting so much oil seasoning it and having it rust if you put acidic foods on it or dont use it enough

Yes, to beat my children.

Yes. Teflon pans give you cancer and make you sterile

Only copper.

Yes, if you are autistic about cooking and don't care much about health. If you focus on health you don't fry stuff anyways in favor of steaming, boiling or baking.

C's please

Mine needs very little oil

>Ja, hallo was ist ein Bräter

"little" oil + heat and oxidation = cancer juice

Aktienösi, bist du es?

komb enkplatz, ich geb dir aktien

I have one but I mostly use it to make sauces for pasta

>Enjoy wasting so much oil seasoning it
3 coats of seasoning with ~1 tablespoon of canola oil each lasts me a year.
>having it rust if you put acidic foods on it or dont use it enough
Acid won't do a thing to properly seasoned cast iron, and a light coat of oil on top of your seasoning is all you need for long term storage.

>non stick naturally

literally just buy stainless steel. all the advantages with non of the autistic cleaning/maintaining regiment.

i use nothing else brother

I fell for the cast iron meme before but I've passed that phase now. They're a pain to look after and the benefits are limited, now I only use mine for steaks and when I have to put a pan in the oven

>Why yes, the only pan I use is the wok. How could you tell?

Attached: D0J1RveWsAAoQP2.jpg (912x1024, 71K)

no i mostly use cast fireball

>too much effort

I don't understand this POV. I guarantee I am a lazier cook than you guys and I find them easy to clean and use daily.
Even better than other pans because those fuckers never come out of a dishwasher properly anyway. The Cast iron you just chip off a bit of crust and wipe it out with a rag and it's good to go.