Greed

Recently I became acquainted online with someone who is extremely wealthy and after seeing their wealth and hearing stories of how much freedom they have, I've went from being relaxed and willing to give anyone money, to feeling intense, obsessive thoughts of greed that are stressing me out. I'm quite literally feeling heartaches over wanting to acquire as much wealth as I can.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it just a phase? Am I setting myself up to go broke trying to chase this lifestyle? It's literally gotten me very much depressed inside, because I live on welfare and know I can never obtain it, but SEEING it has just shattered my world view.

Attached: DUIwFrjVwAApCma.jpg large.jpg (2000x1437, 607K)

Could be just a phase, i've felt this way before but not so much lately. Mate just focus on improving your situation, get off welfare and start making progress you might never make millions but you literally can start building wealth if you want

Yes this is normal. Humans obsess with all kinds of things, myself included. I have figured that it is good to change focus if the obsession becomes too consuming. There are many nice things in this world to obsess about, you can juggle between them also.

You just need something else to focus your mind on.

Attached: __hakurei_reimu_kirisame_marisa_and_kochiya_sanae_touhou_drawn_by_amino_tn7135__49eec14cef50798e11c1 (750x750, 1.29M)

Have you tried just not being poor?

I lost a chemistry job, couldn't reenter the industry, didn't have income for a year, and now I'm obsessed with being financially free. I'm selfish, borderline sociopathic, and work on the ground level at a fortune 500 financial firm now. I will get rich or I will die trying.

Don't see that going away anytime soon, i let that moment of hopelessness define me and now all i think about is money.

Hmm,.I'm trying to focus on other things but I keep finding myself watching the markets and, being the slow-minded kind of guy I am, sluggishly trying to learn a trading pattern to make my edge...

Theres so many other things I want to focus on but I'll be honest, my obsession is kind of causing me physical pain in my chest that I can't ignore.

>chemist
Why don't you cook meth?

Is that your story?

I think mine is similar.. Trauma resulting from lost of money and unemployment, then to see someone with financial freedom. I'm not sociopathic at all, I don't want to hurt people but.. maybe that's why you'll make it.

How old are you? How did you go from chemistry to fortune 500?

Hmm, yes. I have no family and spent good portions of my youth homeless. Fact that I have my rent paid, a running car I consider lucky for now

Thought about it. Think mdma would be better; more low key in terms of smell. Heard a good dea agent can smell a meth lab a mile away.

Yup, that's the latest back story I tell myself now. Really hit me hard. As far as sociopathy goes, what i mean is i attach no emotional value to money, and i don't care where it comes from as long as there's no strings attached. I don't mind steamrolling people if they get in my way, and if I have to fuck people in the markets to get mine, that's what's gonna happen. So nothing crazy like preying on clients, yet, we'll see if I get to that point.

>just a phase
>greed is bad

Motherfucker, if you dont plan to die soon you'd better load up that greed in the blunderbuss and pray that's enough to shoot in the face of worm people

is feeling this way the start of something good?

If you turn the greed into productive things. If you wallow in it and let it consume you just because you're butthurt over other people being fortunate, you're going to go down in flames.

better to meet somebody who is literally on level GOD, there is a select few who can literally buy whatever mansions, rarest cars, you fucking name it AND they still manage to spend less then their assets are making back.

and while they keep spending they know they can't spend enough.

that is the level i kinda want to achieve.

Attached: 1534804528899.png (557x692, 424K)

I just want happiness. Hope that this money fills the emptiness inside.

Attached: __remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_shouzuo__6b17e2db84e51485975c3a64bd2f639e.png (1024x1024, 307K)

>feeling intense, obsessive thoughts of greed
>I live on welfare
sounds normal

In my grandpa's town (~200 population) there was this dude who spent all day on his vegetables or playing cards at night. He died, his family arrived one day and they told us about all the land and properties he owned and it was like why the fuck was a guy on his 80s working the land on the fucking summer?

I don't get why people do shit like that.

as soon as you have income to support yourself.

there is no longer any more need for cash.

sure the rush of buying something expensive is amazing. but as time goes on. the more you buy the less happy you get.

time to turn the other way user. walk the path that was meant for you. do as much good in the world as you humanly can. even if you kill half the population in the process

Attached: __lulu_and_poro_league_of_legends_drawn_by_hamamo__36cc4e6714fd04dd6c8482b517618afa.jpg (500x500, 289K)

Happiness is definitely an illusion money can buy.
Just make sure you have A LOT

yeah if your a low IQ or just average sure.

but once you age. money means nothing besides food and shelter basic nessesities for life.

money will not make you happy.

but it will ignite a fire in you that will never burn out.

every path is the wrong path.
choose wisely

I feel this now too only reason for me to continue going to work is to buy more crypto. I don't have any dependants and 13k in savings at least and my expenses are at max $400 a month. I feel like my parents don't want me to do anything risky and I don't want to be financing my school. I just hope one of these coins takes off so I can finally rest easy and have a future that isn't toil.

Attached: IMG_8772.jpg (512x447, 67K)

Money can buy anything if you have enough

you sure mate. you really sure. gona lose your soul in the proccess mate

take the gamble if you want. am not gona stop you

Attached: 3a715ad8a8ae44ea151add14244492e5.jpg (1920x1080, 725K)

You sound gay and spiritually empty

Money can buy that too

alas, we are in 2 diffrent places in life.
one is no more true than the other.

Attached: 1200px-GuadTenaruSandbar.jpg (1200x945, 327K)

Truth is always singular

at diffrent times in diffrent places. one truth might hold more to one person than the truth he will see with time.