Coinbase Survey Shows 18% of US Students Now Own Cryptocurrency

> Jow Forums still think they are early adopters

Attached: Selection_119.png (948x484, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.gallup.com/poll/238016/investors-not-biting-bitcoin-intrigued.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is good.
Students are poorfags and once they start making money, guess what they'll invest in? Surely not gold.

>Coinbase survey
>Thinks it's not biased towards a higher % of people owning crypto

Attached: 1517348075340.jpg (645x729, 81K)

>82% of student DO NOT own crypto

Wow it's almost like we ARE the early adopters.

>the most tech savy slice of the population has about $50 worth of crypto on average
>not early

wew lad

this you fucking braiiiinnnnnnnlllllleeeetttssssss

people are still lazy.
imagine Stacy sending her picture to coinbase through email then transf...
(tired)

1/5 is kinda on the low end. also $50 of eth doesn't count.

is this bait?

And how many actually only own boomer coins.

Alt will perform one last bullrun, better buckle up

If 18% of all college students really had crypto, that would mean every third guy in college has crypto (because girls with crypto is roughly 0%).

Every third guy. Completely unbelievable.

LMAO I remember posting polls like this and it's filled with the same late adopter copes everytime

>Well, they don't own that much so it doesn't count
>Well, I'm still early to my alt
>But that means 82% don't own crypto!
>Fuck you, I bet they don't even know how the blockchain works!

First day of class last week and my prof started talking about bitcoins
Asked if anybody didnt know what it was and nobody raised their hand

Although only 1 person admitted to actually owning anything

This is what I’ve found too. Lots of people have heard of it but most people don’t actually own any

Crypto still is not being used in real-world applications. That is, no one is using Bitcoin to buy groceries. No one is using smart contracts to negotiate things. By that definition alone, people who currently use crypto are early adopters, including 18% of US students.

You have to look at adoption of the total population and percentage of their investment.

20% of college students having $1k > 20% of college students having $50 of suicide insurance

Everyone I talk to has heard of crypto but almost none of them have >1% of their investments in it. This means that it's on a lot of peoples radar and they'll probably fomo once signs of a recovery are imminent.

>they'll probably fomo once signs of a recovery are imminent.
This lol. Normies are fucking scum, they always jump in when it's too late (see: all the normies that got fucking burned buying BTC at $20k

>yea that's literally under 0.0000001% of global population you newfag

Attached: images (7).jpg (225x225, 8K)

Hahahahaha the late adopter cope is just fucking sad. Why can't you just face the facts? You're late adopters, you and millions of students across the US bought crypto in December. You're late adopters, end of story, we have multiple polls showing the exact same thing, people sometimes won't raise their hand in class when asked about their own behavior.

Jokes on you, I bought in January

>kikepost.

These Jews hate that you might get in on this biz. They neglect to recognize that before early adopters (we very much are) are innovators (we are not).

Do not pay attention to these bird beaked ghouls. They want you to miss out. Their greed and manipulation know no limits. No one is actually using crypto or adopting it yet. You didn’t get $40 BTC very few people did.

>TLDR: FUCK YOU TURBOKIKE ONCE I MAKE IT I WILL DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO INFLICT PAIN ON ALL INDIANS AND JEWS. YOURE WRING AND YOURE HARMING PEOPLE.

This. Lol. Of course they're going to make you FOMO into crypto. Also it's about university students, literally the most tech savvy population you could possibly pick. Clearly a biased sample. They just want you to think people will one day actually use this shit for something when in reality it's just for buying drugs and gambling on the price.Reality is there's almost no adoption and there propably never will be.

literally this

Kek at this coping from late adopters

Kek at the id switch FUD faggots.

Get a real hobby, you’re late fudders

They're also college students, so they have approximately 70 dollars in crypto.

lol

>According to a Wells Fargo/Gallup poll, just 2% of investors say they currently own bitcoin, and less than 1% plan to buy it in the near future.
>72% have no interest in ever buying bitcoin

news.gallup.com/poll/238016/investors-not-biting-bitcoin-intrigued.aspx

Wow, a less biased source than fucking coinbase shows you completely different numbers. Who would've thought? 2% sure doesn't sound as FOMO inducing as 18% does it? Also 72% have ZERO INTEREST in EVER buying bitcoin. Let that sink in. GL with your mass adoption lol. No one's coming to buy your "early adopter" bags.

Seeing that you can hardly spend crypto anywhere, it's hard to imagine us being late adopters even today. Again, how many people do do you know that own >1 btc? Crypto isn't under the radar, but it's still incredibly underutilized compared to its potential. If crypto was the internet, we'd be at about 1998; it's gone beyond being used by pedophiles and drug dealers, but is still a novelty to most people and even current adopters don't necessarily understand the full implications of the tech reaching full adoption.

>thinking it's bad that more people are buying crypto or adopting it at all

ISHYGDDT

Different demographic fuck head

Boomers not understanding new things, whats your point?

Do you really think anyone is going to spend cryptocurrency anywhere besides the dark web? You think the government is going to implement sales tax on cryptocurrencies, relinquish reserve currency status, etc, etc, etc. It’s all so unfathomable.

The only demographic idiot

Yea no shit, that was the point. It's got people from all different age groups, not just cherry picked college students.

Read the whole thing it's not just about boomers. Ages 18-65+. It's just not cherry picked college students only like the coinbase one.

because it means theyve already bought you absolute fucking brainlet. the pint is, you buy before everyone else, not WITH everyone else

Either way, the point remains, why SHOULD anyone have cryptocurrency? Literally every single one is useless and probably will never have all that much use. Companies use private blockchains, they don’t use any of this token bull shit.

Checked

>my inability to comprehend something means it's impossible

Attached: i4ebdz1cowzz.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

I posted the Japanese one last year that showed they had like a 4 or 8% crypto ownership rate in their country, cant remember which. And people sperged that I posted it to affect prices rather than trying to get a discussion going.

yeah but bitcorn is legal tender in Japan

Yeah, in South Korea it's even higher. Last year's pump was basically Asia FOMOing in. Way more adoption there than in the west.

That's a whopping 82% to go idiot.

This. COINBASE survey.

Thats young people though. I'm a 30 year old boomer working in a software development lab of like 1500 employees. I talk to about a hundred people monthly, five own crypto, and maybe another ten keep quiet about it.

The replies are pretty similar. Lots of coordinated FUD today.

If every college student actually did have $50 worth of Bitcoin we would ironically be at $100,000 per coin.

It's sort of a pity it's not used for more than buying drugs. Like I wouldn't mind being able to use it to buy stuff on Amazon (rather than through an intermediary). Credit card fees are high enough that for more expensive purchases it'd be pretty reasonable.

Dunno. Is this stupidity?

do you actually think you are an early adopter if 18% of students own crypto?

>18% of students, 2% of the whole population
>clearly late majority

I swear some of you are actually too retarded to even understand basic statistics I mean holy shit. It sure as fuck sounds like early adopter to me in almost any definition I've seen it. Sounds like someone is mad he's not feeling so special after all huh?

Attached: rogers-bell.jpg (595x332, 38K)

Assuming it's only Students that own crypto...

What? No one's assuming that.

Who uses crypto?
0% of people on Earth
Still early unless it ends in a complete nothingburguer. Even for the pure SoV argument, the amount of people needed doesn't matter that much.

No one has devised use cases for blockchain tokens except black market websites...

What did you say you phone posting pajeet?

Out of all the college students you know, how many of them know about crypto, have more than $1k of liquid assets, and actual own any crypto?

Just about everyone I've met "knows" about crypto, but since they're all not working whatever they do buy is peanuts. I've only met 3 other people than myself who had more than 1 btc to their name and they were turboautists that had part time jobs.

But let's go one step further and assume that the 20% all have significant amounts of money in crypto, >$10k. There are 23 million students in the US at the grad and under grad level. That's $46b invested in a technology that seeks to overturn the entire world economic order worth hundreds to thousands of trillions of dollars.

Therefore, even if we take your own argument and strengthen it beyond the bounds of rationality, students have about 0.009% of the global economy, which is what I would call early adopters.

Attached: Has_Science_Gone_Too_Far.png (300x250, 101K)

But how many of them hold link?

Their portfolio must be pleb tier.

>no one will buy anything over the internet b/c people will steal their cc info
>do you really think the government will allow car manufacturers to put horse and buggy makers out of business
>the only people who use the printing press are people who have illegal thoughts that the scribes would censor

>be me in class
>look to the left
>kid on r/nanocurrency talking about how nano is the future
>look to the right
>kid with EOS and TRX stickers on bookbag
>girl chats me up in class
>"Hey user, so you're into crypto too?! I met a guy who works at a big finance firm downtown, he says to check out something called VeChain, he says it's the future! What are you invested in, user?"
>"Have you heard of this project called ChainLink? The entire promise of real-world adoption is kinda resting on the shoulders of that project. See, it allows smart contracts to take inputs/outputs and interact with legacy infrastructure."
>"haha, I'm sorry user but that sounds like a scam! ChainLink? Aren't ALL projects running the same blockchain software thingy? Idk, seems sketchy..."

Attached: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.gif (1385x1039, 1.38M)

Simply false. They probably surveyed classes in finances or computer science. I have only met one kid who also owned crypto. If you own a couple thousand you are in the top percentile in your uni

Listen, LINK is a false flag coin. Think about it for 5 seconds and you'll realize I'm right. It's designed to play on human emotions, namely: hype, fear, greed, and hope. Hype because smart contracts generate buzz. Fear as in fomo or fear of missing out. Greed, meaning 1k eoy. And hope when you're stuck holding heavy, heavy bags.
From wikipedia:
A false flag is a covert operation designed to deceive; the deception creates the appearance of a particular party, group, or nation being responsible for some activity, disguising the actual source of responsibility
Sound familiar? Huh? What?
Also notice how sirgay hails from Russia. Who's public enemy #1 in America? Go ahead, I'll wait. Oh, yeah times up. Russia! Coincidence? You tell me.
Listen, it's easy. Whales are playing you and are out in force. They own most of the supply. They control the price action. And they want your BTC. Trade wisely, anons. You've been warned. That massive, 5 million link sell wall was not a mistake. It was not an error. It was a head fake. 5k sats, then doom. Beware.

you took this way too personal. Check yourself into a mental hospital

I personally came in 2013 and made videos about Bitcoin in 2013

Eh I remember when people traded 800 btc for some 233 mhz miners and when people were giving out 30 btc Caussasius coins for free

You're a late adopter unless you have at least 10,000 bitcoins because even back then that was considered poor

Wait do you actually have people that invested in your class or were you just pretending to show how delusion others are? I have met like 5 people that invested in crypto on their own and 2 fomo'ed. One of them bought FUN, another DNT and the last one I can't remember.

that has to be larp, no school is like that, i fucking hope not at least

Attached: chainlol.png (1387x1020, 609K)

And my boomer friend owns about $20 worth of btc. Just because 18% owns crypto doesn’t mean they actually have enough to be worth anything.

Same. Although the NANO, EOS, TRX shilling is true from uninformed normies.

It's not real

Even if its true, students are still broken as fuck. Just wait until boomers die and their heirs pump the fuck out of crypto.

Attached: 1409352486333.jpg (1000x1503, 685K)

Yes, but how much?

Median net worth under 35 is $7000, I doubt they have more than a couple thousand at most

I only wish I was LARPing. Each one of those anecdotes has actually happened IRL.

It's obviously a LARP with some LINK shilling thrown in. But anyways plenty of universities have blockchain courses now, mine had like 100 people attending that course. You literally have to make your own ERC-20 shitcoin to pass the course. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people in the course also bought crypto. Basically all of them were obviously computer science students. But anyways it should be no surprise that uni students have the highest rates of crypto adoption.

//thathappened
#averagrealconversations
#cryptofrenz
#universityoffantasyland