Has Linus Torvalds affected most to the World from Finns?

Has Linus Torvalds affected most to the World from Finns?

Attached: linus-eff-you-640x363.png (640x359, 213K)

Isn't he a Swede?

no
his parents are finnish. just because he is ""fennoswedish"" and speaks good swedish doesn't make him a swede

No. Although his mother tongue is Swedish.

Does Finland actually have any creative geniuses who aren't Germanic Fenno-Swedes? Can you name even one?

Touko Laaksonen

The point is moot, because genetically Fenno-Swedes don't differ from regular western Finnish. Their ancestors simply learned Swedish in the past.

I apologize for my mistake.

me

Yes, he is. Don’t listen to the Finn trying to claim him

he's American though

then why does he look finnish?
there's nothing swedish about him

Are you English?

>Touko Laaksonen

Lmao, I'll take that as a no then

But the actual reason for this has been wealth. 100 years ago Finland was a farming society, where mostly noble and burghers had wealth to do other things than to dig ground for the food. Before ~1820 it was only possible to study in Swedish and Swedish was the language of elite and public offices. There are still living people in Finland who have seen the society to change from farming society to industrial society and finally to technology society.

I am half Swedish, half white Australian and grew up in Sweden.

finnshit cope
you were correct

Oh a half breed mutt trying to claim Finnish achievements, how quaint. Anyway the point was that most Australians aren't English even if they speak the language, they are Australians. An Australian doing something important isn't an English achievement, it's Australian.

He looks slightly Finnish yes but he is mostly Swedish and speak Swedish at home. He’s not even good at Finnish.

hes correct he looks finnish, also autism is a hallmark of the finnish people.

Cope harder, Gengkhis.

Well, he is less Swedish than the people in the picture.

Attached: 09151925-img55.ab94b306.jpg (960x540, 45K)

he lives in Oregon and speaks English because he is an AMERICAN

Not an argument.

He still speaks Swedish in the US

You are all English.

Fennoswede

Yes, he has a dual citizenship nowadays, but did born in Helsinki and did develop Linux in Finland.

He made Linux in Finland, where he resides in his elder days is irrelevant.

And that means Finnish who speaks Swedish as a mother's tongue. A Swedish living in Finland is just a Swede.

I’m Swedish.

He is. He refuses to speak finnish tho.

So one drop rule does not only apply to black blood, but also to Swedish blood? Fitting.

>This cope

He considers himself swedish and here in Sweden we see him as our own

Apparently many Fennoswedes have relatives in Sweden.

Ah, at least you’re admitting your Asian then.

His mother language is Swedish, but he can speak also Finnish.

He considers himself a FENNOswede. You guys have a lot to be proud of, why do you feel the need to try to steal Finnish achievements?

For me he is scandi, EVROPEAN

He was born in Finland.

The person who made spurdo.

no, Americans look like this

Attached: SteveBallmerSweating.jpg (350x262, 10K)

No, he doesn't.

Attached: a1e04bc8a3f2ee0183f1e254952bf7cf2cf9a37a6d480785bc731ae415e642f5_1.jpg (1080x1593, 167K)

I'm Finnish.

The world funniest man. Ismo Leikola.

Attached: Ismo_laugh_factory_2014.jpg (220x363, 73K)

STEM or go home. I'd also accept an artist, if they produced high culture. Wasn't Finland supposed to have Europe's highest average IQ?

A recent one and probably pretty unknown for a general public would be Kaisa Matomäki. She made break through in prime numbers in last year.

If you want STEM why did you specify 'creative' geniuses?

>If you want STEM why did you specify 'creative'

Attached: brainlet.jpg (208x326, 15K)

Nope

>o-oh, i made a mistake
>well i'll just post this brainlet wojak, that'll show him!

But if you consider the population of Finland (~5 million), Finland is probably one of the most successful countries in the world. We are leaders in technology in following areas:
>Elevators
>Special steels
>Cranes
>Cruising ships (World largest are built here)
>Heat treatment of glass
>cellulose

We are also good in IT, oil refining and coordination/enterprise resource management.