PHOENICIAN LANGUAGE

Is it possible to revive it? Is someone working on it currently?

I heard that there aren't many phoenician scriptures out there, so it would be very hard to revive it, but how about the hebrew bible? Jews used it to resurrect their meme language, so maybe lebs could do the same? How similar is phoenician and biblic hebraic?

This is not a Nassim thread, I'm just interested on the subject.

Attached: phoenician alphabet.jpg (412x563, 26K)

Imbecile.

Imbecile.

Attached: Nap.jpg (620x351, 258K)

ΔΙΣ ΙΣ ΦΟΕΝΙΚΙΑΝ

hebrew never "died", jews used it to pray and read from the bible. it just died as a day to day language.
it's very similar to hebrew
it feels like a cross between hebrew and aramaic, i can understand 95% of it when you switch to hebrew letters. might as well just speak hebrew lol

So it would be like Portuguese and Spanish I suppose.

Anyway, they should start larping their way to the past, it's very rich and they should be proud of it. I can't stand the arab identity anymore.

Modern Hebrew isn't the same as Biblical Hebrew. It sounded a lot more like peninsular Arabic, and several meanings of words changed. Like "El" which designated any form of authority becoming the word for "God", or how "YHWH" became Adonai.

Modern hebrew is fucking disgusting

You're wrong too. You wuzn't the israelites.

I wasn't implying that, just that modern Hebrew doesn't sound like ancient Hebrew, but Muhammad's clan (Banu Hashim) was actually quarter Israelite, the rest however was Ishmaelite.

How come just Banu Hashim and not the whole of Quraysh? Also I doubt they were even quarter.

yeah, should have specified i meant biblical hebrew
>"El" which designated any form of authority becoming the word for "God"
in biblical hebrew el means god, but not necessarily the jewish god.
> "YHWH" became Adonai.
it is customary to not speak gods name so you say "adonai" (my master) instead. it even goes so far to say "hashem" (the name) instead of adonai when you're not saying it for prayer purposes.

Anyway... is someone working on it?

>How come just Banu Hashim and not the whole of Quraysh?
Because the patriarch of the clan (Hashim, hence Banu Hashim/sons of Hashim) was married to Salma bint Amr who had such ancestry.
>Also I doubt they were even quarter.
Perhaps, but whatever way it goes, they were mostly Ishmaelites with a small amount of Israeli blood.

>in biblical hebrew el means god, but not necessarily the jewish god.
But in the Hebrew original version of Genesis, it uses "Elohim". If we were to say it meant "god", then it would imply that multiple gods were involved with the Genesis creation. It was far more likely that it meant any ruler and that it used the royal "we".

As far as I know its extremly similar to hebrew, close enough that you could consider them dialects of each other. There is also carthaginian phonecian wich also sounded different, supposedly softer without the weird throat "chr" noise that arabs and jews have.

>multiple gods
It depends how the verbs in the sentences are conjugated. There are some sentences in the very first chapter where "Elohim" is really plural. However in the rest of the Bible it's singular, since the verbs are singular.

>the royal "we".
That was invented some 5000 years later and it also never appears in the rest of the Bible.

DAS RAET

Lithurgical language are practically dead in the eyes of the world. That's why people shit on egyptians and try to usurp their heritage while coptic still exists.