How do everyone COPE that 300 years from now human will only speak English and all other languages are extinct or...

How do everyone COPE that 300 years from now human will only speak English and all other languages are extinct or extremely endangered.

Attached: UEA.png (900x540, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EH-z9gE2uGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

don't really care honestly. nice that the lingua franca is close to my mother tongue tho.

frankly i'm more worried about chinese than english at this point

I will speak Finnish till the day I die so I don't care.

Why are english native speakers so cringe?

Attached: 1561483300376.png (1106x1012, 527K)

that's just a meme. English has way too much of a headstart. also the Latin alphabet is known worldwide while nobody outside China knows their writing system. Chinese won't become the lingua franca, English will remain.

Καλά, άραξε λίγο...

Never say never
If you would have said to a Roman in 117 AD that a barbarian language were to become the world language in a distant future he would have rightly laught at you

My point is history is full of surprise and for all we can know Chinese could drop their alphabet just to gain hegemone power or English can just natural decay

I don't know, ask me again in 300 years

those situations aren't comparable. Although Latin was by far the most important language then (which is why we're still using its alphabet and it's still used for medical terms etc), thee known world back then was the Mediterranean area, and only very few people could even read and write. Today, bbillions of people in every corner of the world can read and write, and hundreds of millions use English every day. By far most scientific works are published in English and English is the uncontested international language of communication. And that headstart is growing further by the day. Pretty sure it's not gonna be replaced.

Don't worry, we'll never get to that point. Climate change will wipe us out within 50 years.

That's downright wrong
The free men of the Roman empire could write and read better than someone born later in medieval time

The true is we don't know how the mechanics of preserving a language works

For the scientists using English is literally a no point as historically scientists are the fastest to adapt to a new language and Latin was used as an alphabet thanks to the spreading of religion not out of benevolence from the germanic invaders

A good point that you didn't make would be that internet and computer could for the first time cemented a language to be the only lingua franca for the foreseeable future

That being said again is that we don't have informations yet on the matter

even the internet isn't cementing it, all major languages have plenty of content online because the majority speakers of any given language aren't comfortable using another language even if they know it, and when it comes to large countries they generally don't need to know any other language either

don't zoomers in europe use american slang though?

My take on the matter is that technology will actually surpass the need of a common language
I am thinking of an AI so advanced that will istantanely translate any language of the user into something that could mediate with other people thus preserving any language particularities

languages with physical proximity have always traded slang and commonly heard words and made them slang or loanwords, and while it's true that english is sidestepping the physical proximity a lot these days due to various media, it still doesn't mean that a speaker of such slang or loanwords is comfortable or even fluent in the language they originate from

just think of the weirdo ways japs use english phrases, where you can't even recognize them half the time - it's still the original language, just healthily assimilating loanwords

that's a bit sci-fi for me, while it's possible it isn't something i would feel up to seriously speculate about

Smartaphonese were sci fi just 20 years ago for most people
We don't know what us not or what is it possible yet but speculating never hurted anyone

smartphones are not a great example because they were an evolution and not a revolution from the technology of that day

300 years is big number. A lot can happend.

Everything is a remix of something already existing if you put on that term
The human brain can't create something out of nothing

You'll be speaking chink language

Canada! Ching chong ping pong

the human brain is limited by its nature, but luckily it also more or less doesn't give a shit about anything beyond its nature

Which is a reassuring thing if you think about it

not really

we are ultimately dumb animals who are already bashing our dumb heads against our limited nature, the problems that arise from the extent of their complexity, such as the creation of AI, are not as troubling as problems that simply cannot be understood by our minds, such as the ones that higher dimensional math and the frontiers of cosmology and quantum physics are touching on

the universe we live in only works in ways that make sense to us at our level and close to it, when you depart that it just literally stops making sense as if logic itself is more of a suggestion than a rule

but things are certainly happening beyond our understanding, and we have no real knowledge or control over them

i liked this video: youtube.com/watch?v=EH-z9gE2uGY

Thanks for the video
And as I see it I actually like that we are so limited it explains why we have this kind of brain and what are its purpose

I like that we finally reached the limit of complexity that we can handle it only assures me

The fact that we are actually capable of creating something bigger and better fills me with joy

>How do everyone COPE that 300 years from now human will only speak
>English

lmao

Attached: 28-laugh-OF009519-1280.jpg (500x750, 142K)

hopefully we continue into something greater than today

for all we know we are the only intelligent beings in the universe, and are therefore in a way the emergent consciousness of the universe itself

it would be a bit of a shame if we just died out or regressed

English will die to Spanish in some years.
Plus Chinese.

French is doing well and the number of speakers constantly grows, thank you.
As a Canadian, you should know.
But in 300 years, Canadians will be able to brag that they were into bilingual French-English before everyone else.
Along with Cameroun. And Mauritius. And Jersey. And Guernesey. And Sark. Ah fuck I'm too lazy for the rest.

Damn
But there is nothing to worry about
Need to sleep now
Goodnight

night

English is the language of Political discourse in India, a country of over 1 billion and rising.
It's going nowhere.

>India

Are you serious? Who gives a flying fuck about India, literally the low of the low along Pakistan.

Attached: 1543962568584.jpg (646x687, 69K)

It doesn't matter if it's an utter shithole today, in 20 years or 50 it will be one of the largest economies on the planet and it will use English as its lingua franca.

will it be a superpower

i will be dead so who cares