“A corporal named Houston narrated that while he lay wounded on the ground, after the battle of Soissons, he saw a young English soldier lying near him, delirious. A German soldier gave the poor lad water from his flask. The young Englishman, his mind wandering, said, “Is it you, mother?” The German comprehended, and to maintain the illusion, caressed his face with a mother’s soft touch. The poor boy died shortly afterwards and the German soldier, on getting to his feet, was seen to be crying."

Attached: 72dc8b76146d9dc473b7e9bc3422606f.jpg (1200x1691, 481K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h66dI0q_9As
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My ass. Krauts aren’t capable of emotion

Bullshit Kr*ut n*gger propaganda. Fuck'em

Fuck you, I didn't want to be sad before bedtime.

The first worldwar was just an unnecessary horrible war

Wrong. I've seen them cry from joy when they piss on my face and ram my ass with a horse dildo while wearing a leather suit.

Get help

Guess the allied wartime propaganda was so dense that it haven't worn off yet.

>The first worldwar was just an unnecessary horrible war

Yes, and it bred the second world war too.
Let their suffering be a lesson to us.
During WWI the soldiers took comfort in the thought that this war would be "la der des der", "last of the last".
It never was supposed to get a number and a sequel - it was just the "Great War" and also last war.
This must never happen again.

Attached: Miterrand & Kohl.jpg (511x380, 43K)

Why did you start it Hans? WHY

>unnecessary
Yes, there's nothing more "unnecessary" than the defense of the homeland against a conquering agressor that seeks to snuff the light of liberty. The only "unnecessary" part of that war was Germany initiating it in the first place.

>It never was supposed to get a number and a sequel - it was just the "Great War" and also last war.
Anyone who believed that was retarded and anyone who believes that about its bigger budget sequel is equally retarded. War is in human nature, there will be war as long as there are two groups of humans and one has something to gain out of caving the faces of the others in.

>This must never happen again.
Yes, just focus on "never again" and get your shit pushed in in 2 months like last time. Don't prepare for the inevitable, just pretend it will never happen again... for the second time.

Attached: e22132a44ba201157dcef915b619018c[1].jpg (420x600, 60K)

WAR IS HECK

The anglo-jews started it.
>Don't prepare for the inevitable, just pretend it will never happen again... for the second time.
But the french did prepared for the second war. It just happened that they thought the germans would fight like they did in the WWI.

Either way, you're dutch. Your destiny is to be either ruled by germans, french or anglos.

Are you that one afghan?

>Don't prepare for the inevitable
We built and regularly update our own nuclear deterence just in case. But we won't start that shit again.
I'm advocating pacifism, not non-violence.

France had national service right out of school
in the first year of the war the deaths were so high they didn't put down all the names and just wrote the class of 1914

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

>be Dutch
>diss the French military

Dude, you got your warfleet captured by French cavalry...

Attached: Capture of the Dutch Fleet by French hussars.jpg (900x538, 95K)

>What became of that German soldier, you ask? Well...

Attached: wolfman-h.jpg (284x177, 7K)

>I'm advocating pacifism
Not even going to post a sóyjack because this shit makes sóybóys look butch by comparison.

>We were badass 2 centuries ago!
That's modern France in a nutshell, isn't it? Past grandeur with nothing in the present to back it up.

My boy H

Good riddance.

Attached: le natural borders.png (430x420, 108K)

What a faggot.

>But the french did prepared for the second war
Not really...
The 1930s were about paid vacations and strikes to get higher wages. Including in the weapons factory.
As late as summer 1939 it was hoped that war could be adverted.
When it broke out, France was hugely deficient in planes in particular (not nearly what was needed and to make it worse, the effective models were in even shorter supplies).
Lack of anti-air and ant-tank weapons. Radio equipment. This didn't bode well for the modern war that a few had theoritized but the staff didn't believe in.
France was ready and eager for WWI (the fools...) but neither ready nor eager for WW2.
There was absolutely no reason for France to fight it, either. If Hitler had stood still, even after invading Czekoslovakia, there would have been no war.

What was the old saying again? 9000 deaths are a tragedy but tens of millions a statistic?

Attached: 9-11-781784[1].jpg (590x350, 68K)

>Past grandeur with nothing in the present to back it up.
We're still badass today.

Is that supposed to upset me?

Attached: NYC-style-pizza-preparation.jpg (340x600, 34K)

It was 6 million deaths are a tragedy, 34 is just statistic.

t. Internet warrior

Or, if you're serious about fighting, surely by now you've joined the Foreign Legion and are fighting in Mali?

Attached: 2ème REP opération Serval.jpg (507x380, 46K)

because I would rather kill every nigger in my own country than defend a single african

So you are that one afghan after all

I posted something from 2 centuries ago because it's the last time the Dutch were vaguely relevant...
France is kicking ass right now - unfortunately.
Only, not in Europe. Never again.

Yes, because a handful of professionals in a foreign war is totally the same as citizens defending the homeland. You do realize that this exact mistake is what cost France the Franco-Prussian war?

ok retard

It's fighting those islamic guys there or let them conquer the country (and later adjacent ones) and use it for money and recruitment for terrorism in Europe.
I'd rather fight them in Africa than in France.

Are you a refugee?

I don't care. Any European who dies defending Mali while our countries are being flooded with immigrants is a fucking idiot

>I'd better patrol the desert with 500,000 conscripts in trucks than 2000 highly trained pros in helicopters.

I see that you didn't get any better in those 200 years ago...

>Franco-Prussian war
Yeah. Those religious nutjobs are totally the same. FYI, the hard part is not killing them, it's catching them before they disappear into nothingness.

>I'd better patrol the desert with 500,000 conscripts
Woah there nigger, what does that have to do with protecting the homeland? Professional armies are suited for such adventures, which is why your whole "HURR DURR JOIN THE FFL THOUGH GUY" argument is retarded.

Godverdomme nu mijn land uit.

If the religious fanatic take over Mali, many of the Malians will move to Europe... and as war refugees, they'll be taken in.
So all the more reason.
If Mali falls, thousands of the population will be converted and become terrorists, hundred of thousands will migrate.
Not to mention, the conquering forces will be free to do it in another country.

Wollah G ik geef niet om deze kk land ik zit hier voor het uitkering

The Serbs started it

This but neither are Amerimutts

Protecting the homeland against WHOM?
We have nukes for that, and troops (which aren't sent to Mali), with heavy equipment, like MBT and MRLS.
Plus, we still had mandatory military service until a few years ago, and I served 10 months myself actually. If things look menacing again we'll reinstate it.

Who cares. Unless things change drastically here it's going to happen one way or another. A country collapsing into war will only expedite the process

>Plus, we still had mandatory military service until a few years ago, and I served 10 months myself actually. If things look menacing again we'll reinstate it.
>If things look menacing again we'll reinstate it.
>If things look menacing
Wars don't announce themselves ten years in advance, mate. You spend peacetime preparing for war. It's effectively "please don't kick my ass" insurance.

>Who cares
Well, me? you don't in Ireland?
If you're okay with refugees, then you can take them which solves that part of the problem.
Remain the terrorists, and unfortunately they always tend to go for France first, until our police adapts to their new tactics and the terrorists go for other countries.
Happened in the 80s, 90s and 10s waves of islamic terrorism.
So if it's okay with you, we'll still fight the islamists in Africa and the Middle East.

Soul
SOULLESS

Woah what the fuck? That's goddamn atrocious

>Wars don't announce themselves ten years in advance, mate
Yeah because once military service ends and you're 19, you've only got 10 years left until you're 29 and completely unfit for duty.

>You spend peacetime preparing for war.
We launched a new class of submarine only LAST WEEK... we're busy working on the next fighter plane and tank with Germany... electric artillery... antidrone weapons... yet another submarine class...
It's not like we're idle. Spending 2% of GDP on defense, and it's scheduled to increase.
It's just that it's enough for today's situation.
Our nukes keep us safe, and 10 submarines don't require 3 million people to man them.

reading fictional novels from that time, i'm sure it could had started anywhere
but yep, Serbs ignited the powder
youtube.com/watch?v=h66dI0q_9As

By the end of the war, some French and German infantry units had taken 400% casualties, ie the original soldier had been killed, then his replacement, then his replacement and then his replacement.

>Reserves and the national guard don't exist
The entire male population from 18-30 is nothing to sneeze at. Unless your country has shit demographics like France of course, then it is something to sneeze at. Guess you're fucked then.

>Spending 2% of GDP on defense, and it's scheduled to increase.
Only because Trump hammered on it. If not for that, I bet you'd be cutting it right now to get your yellow vests more handouts.

Everyone was ready and eager for WWI and had been preparing for years. Nobody realized the carnage that mass conscription and modern weapons would entail. There had been wars all the time and they all "hadn't been that bad", some were even short and sweet.
So it sounded like fun.

>There had been wars all the time and they all "hadn't been that bad", some were even short and sweet.
The 30 Years War was both longer and, in terms of casualties as a total percentage of the population, far deadlier. Percentagewise the bloodiest war England ever experienced was neither of the world wars but the English Civil War.

WW1 is exaggerated to serve an agenda: the optimistic and frankly foolish idea of a future without wars. The world wars have effectively become a new Founding Myth (especially for the EU itself).

what's that poster say en inglés

>Unless your country has shit demographics like France of course
lol, it's like you think it's the 19th century again.

Attached: Fertility rates.jpg (238x380, 22K)

The joke is that your 19th century demographics were actually better. 2.08 is still below replacement level (2.11), and that's including the third world migrants who are overrepresented among your births. At least that's the assumption, because your country is pathologically afraid of numbers and prefers to implement policies without knowing the facts.

Your next post is that Dutch demographics are even worse.

>The 30 Years War was both longer
No shit?
And guess war, the 100 Years' War was even longer!

But they only concerned a small part of the population, either the tiny armies who took few losses (by WW1 standard) or the villages that were directly in the way of looting.
For 95% of the population, wars were a distant rumour and "hey, remember the cousin of the baker's son? well he got killed in the war".
During WW1, every family in France lost somebody. Some family lost every fit male.

You couldn't do real damage with armies that had to be supported by kings of agricultural country - you couldn't mobilize enough people to start with, and they didn't kill each other as much. And pretty soon one side ran out of money to pay the soldiers so the war ended.

But in the industrialized (and more populous) countries of the 20th century, you mobilized 3 million people, gave them machineguns and shrapnel artillery, it lasted 4-5 years because money was less of an issue seeing the guys were paid trinkets - end result, millions of them didn't come back.

They only did it because R*ssia promised to protect them if Austria found out. Just as in 1939 and with the Syrian refugee crisis Moscow was the hinge that decisively and deliberately risked the stability of Europe for its own ends yet Berlin gets all the blame

>But they only concerned a small part of the population

Attached: Bevölkerkungsrückgang_im_HRRDN_nach_dem_Dreißigjährigen_Krieg[1].png (690x682, 57K)

Population of France in 1969: 50,466,183
Population of France in 2019: 65,466,634
an *increase* of 15 million during the past 50 years.

>third world migrants
Yes, because those make absolutely horrible troops? I mean, look at their performance in the past wars - useless. Useless.

>Your next post is that Dutch demographics are even worse
Errr, no, why? what does the Netherlands have to do with anything? are you planning to start a new war? well, good luck - you'll need it.

society was way more fragile back then. People just scraped by without war, i think it was something like 4 full time farming familys surplus could only feed 1 soldier on campaign.
A war in their land for an extended period, famine, women who had to shit out 9 kids to keep the population stable being killed and it sends the population into decline.
ww1 shouldn't be forgotten because it was mostly military that died and the entire thing only really came about because of tensions without much greater cause.
I mean france which had 40 million had more soldiers killed than America has in its entire history.

The German states were silly enough to host wars for decades. That's what happen.

And explain how "there had been wars all the time" became "30 Years' war"
You do know there have been hundreds of other wars involving European nations?

cringe
BASED AS FUCK