So that's it?

So that's it?
I lost all my money?

Attached: eth.jpg (1024x683, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2018/08/23/hotel-real-estate-aspen-blockchain-ethereum-st-regis-indiegogo/
eoscorearbitration.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ECAF-Order-of-Emergency-Protection-2018-07-19-AO-004-Reissue.pdf
eoscorearbitration.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/ECAF-Order-of-Emergency-Protection-2018-08-28-AO-006.pdf
vitalik.ca/general/2018/08/07/99_fault_tolerant.html
stellar.org/developers/guides/walkthroughs/stellar-smart-contracts.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sorry user

Attached: anon.png (98x88, 14K)

Friday block rewards will be reduced or stay the same. If the latter expect dump below $200 sirs

GIVE HIM YOUR ENERGY

Attached: TrueGOD.png (374x566, 172K)

yup thanks for playing

>that's it

if i had an ETH every time a late adopter cried about the price

nice reference bro

just bought 20 eth today.this is the dip. wait for the moon

Attached: i-img600x449-1533360052s7faro426991.jpg (600x449, 223K)

yes sell goy all hope is lost

buy exitscamme tickets and ACTUALLY USE THE ETH NETWORK FOR WHAT IT'S BUILT FOR

Yes, it's dead. Not joking. Price will probably dump below $200, possibly hitting double digits eventually. It will never break $500 again, and probably never even $300.

You idiots should thank kek you have another chance to get in on ETH dirt cheap. It's going to $2k+ in the next major bull run.

t. delusional bagholding brainlet

Ewwwww... He held eth

Attached: Veryimpressive.png (873x658, 393K)

What did I miss?

Attached: 9342232986_461bc529fd_o.jpg (250x206, 8K)

you can get it back if you sell and buy EOS before the end of the month

You are an agent of POVERTY

I'm not the one advising people to flush their money down the toilet.

bought 140 today. felt like stealing

WTF HAPPEN?

Was there news?

Get help now.

I think what happened is you no longer need ether to buy alts, given binance having all the direct tehther to alts. Then again I could be bullshitting.

>hurr durr the crypto bubble is over and will never recover

Maximum cope engaged

Keep buying user, kek.

Buy more. It's only gotten stronger.
Have at least 32 to stake. There will be a difference between those who can stake and everyone else. Be part of the elite for once.

C O P E
You missed out. Get a JOB.

Money Skelly is a genius and everything but with more platforms being released and a lot of erc20 moving chains, ETH might not be the best hold. Idk it’s all a ponzi, really makes you think.

Don't you dare dream of individual freedom, slave. Stop imagining better futures for yourself or your loved ones. GET BACK TO WORK.

You tell him. He needs to learn his place, fellow boomer.

didnt even read this thread. when casper and sharding come out, its gong back to over 1,000 dollars, probably overnight.

good kys now

kek, I actually laughed aloud. The delusion is so fucking strong still. I love visiting Jow Forums and screencapping shit like this.

You’re new as fuck and we can all tell. Kek.
>t. bought Eth at $10 and still buying more

Not new, just not a retard NEET begging through clenched teeth that a second bubble will save me from a lifetime of bad decisions capped off by a greedy failure to sell at the top. By all means, keep throwing good money after bad.

I am smarter than you and you are wrong. Feels good man. Kek.

Pretty unlikely but feel free to delude yourself to whatever degree you feel necessary. Wouldn't want you losing too much sleep to the existential self-loathing that is the alternative.

>tfw got in so early it’s literally impossible to come out at a loss
Too bad you weren’t smart enough to do the same. Kek.

its going to go up.. right! RIGHT?!

Attached: 1504090855498.jpg (255x197, 11K)

EOS is fucking DOMINATING right now on the use case front. Multiple Dexes popped up. A Social media page Trybe, fucking eosknights, fucking dapp to lease out staking power soon. Its easier now than ever to make new accounts. Price of ram and cpu are getting cut in half. eosbet for gambling and shit.

ETH IS FUUUUUUUCKED!!!!

> But EOS is not a cryptocurrency because I said so

cope

And yes it is.

Attached: Comfy.jpg (403x365, 39K)

>eos alliance
>brock pierce and akon

AND THE TRUTH IS BLESSED BY QUADS

Attached: pepegod.jpg (889x1126, 285K)

I thought it crashed again, but it's still at ~280?
Are you from an alternative universe where Hillary won and crypto is illegal OP?

>EOS

I'll donate some food. Those poor third world children are so skinny, it makes me sad :'(

I think the reason the coin is up is that people are legit just buying the coin to use it for stuff now. eosknights is the first decent crypto phone game I think. Just got my first adamantium drop last night.

But it seems like the market is being flooded now as more people are pouring into the game.

If you are still holding ETH then you are not in it for the technology or the money...

are you me?

Attached: halal.jpg (640x539, 43K)

>EOS is fucking DOMINATING right now on the use case front.
Ethereum is starting to get tokenized stocks
fortune.com/2018/08/23/hotel-real-estate-aspen-blockchain-ethereum-st-regis-indiegogo/
I can't ever see EOS getting that due to ECAF, they would be laughed out of the room... imagine losing your stocks because some faggot falsified whatsapp screenshots:
eoscorearbitration.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ECAF-Order-of-Emergency-Protection-2018-07-19-AO-004-Reissue.pdf
That's going to be the next major usecase
> the reason the coin is up is that people are legit just buying the coin to use it for stuff now. eosknights
nobody is buying eos to play a shitty game.
I played much better flash games 10 years ago for free. It's only used by existing eos holders

So many people don't get the point of a blockchain. Use cases that don't genuinely it aren't going to last.

ETH's main problem is PoW and miners who dump most of it. That's $2B for miners in a year.

>Ethereum is starting to get tokenized stocks

Cool man. It should start with getting its layer one into a functional state so it can run dapps though.

> I can't ever see EOS getting that due to ECAF, they would be laughed out of the room.

Yeah man, I can tell you are laughing super hard right now while your shit dumps and your coin gets dropped by IOTA NEO TRX and EOS. All of which dominate the fuck out of ETH.

> nobody is buying eos to play a shitty game.
> I played much better flash games 10 years ago for free. It's only used by existing eos holders

Sorry for your loss user. That's some awesome cope.

> ETH was never meant to run dapps, it was always a store of value like gold! Dapps never mattered!

basically. This is the final hiding place. The last fig leaf for ETH maximalists.

>can run dapps though
nobody needs any non financial dapps. Dex, ponzis, coin mixer. The idea of a dapp was always retarded and why I didn't buy ether at ico.
In 2017 it turned out, surprisingly to everyone including Vitalik, that ethereum started getting used as a financial platform for tokens, the first real crypto adoption outside of drugs and money laundering. That's when I got in.
It's funny how many people don't get that non-financial dapps are useless. Nobody wants them. There's no person on Earth that plays a card or turn-based game (realtime games are impossible as dapps) and thinks 'if only it was on the blockchain!'. Same for social. 'twitter on the blockchain', 'facebook on the blockchain'.
EOS is based on the retarded premise that anybody needs non-financial dapps, but then destroys it by making itself centralized, turning them into just... apps. No use case at all, pure speculation.

>All of which dominate the fuck out of ETH.
ETH is the only platform outside of BTC, and maybe XMR, which has genuine demand other than speculators.

ECAF is even worse, 2 days old ruling:
eoscorearbitration.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/ECAF-Order-of-Emergency-Protection-2018-08-28-AO-006.pdf
Some chink proved that he owns an eos account 'gyzdembtgqge' and claims that his EOS were stolen.
That's it, they were locked based on that 'evidence'.
For all we know he sold them for cash.
Selling anything for EOS is as dangerous as on paypal. The buyer (ie. EOS seller) can just claim you stole his EOS and you have to prove your claim to a bunch of faggots larping as a court.

It's never going to be used for tokenized assets, the biggest use case of smart contracts, worth trillions.

>Dex, ponzis, coin mixer
there should be 'that's it' after that

>nobody needs any non financial dapps.
> ETH is the only platform outside of BTC, it was never meant to run dapps though.

IE :

> ETH was never meant to run dapps, it was always a store of value like gold! Dapps never mattered!
> basically. This is the final hiding place. The last fig leaf for ETH maximalists.

Told ya so.

Crypto is live and well. Your AIDS shitcoin isn't, fag ass.

fucking LMAO. a gate.io screenshot as evidence and his fucking picture ID on the internet. bravo EOS. holy shit.

Attached: 1403248212960.gif (200x293, 1.75M)

Do you even know what 'store of value' means?
Bitcoin now wants to be a 'store of value' which means it's not used at all. You just hold it hoping for a greater fool. I wrote that I expect ethereum to be USED as a platform, and main currency, for millions of tokenized assets. That's not 'store of value' although it's going to gain that property too.

Btfo. ETH is king of alts.
BUT there are real mon financial uses. Anything that needs trustless timestamp functionality. Games where ownership of assets is important. A few other things.

>no longer need ether to buy alts
BTC has always been an option...

>Btfo. ETH is king of alts.

It cant scale so it might as well not exist. Thats the problem. Also the shit about the ECAF ect. ETH is going to do all of the same shit because it has to. Every dapp platform needs some kind of governance.

Vitalik wants to make special nodes that can wallets from doing transactions. Observer nodes to protect against malicious behavior.

The only thing BTFO is eth at the moment.

>Anything that needs trustless timestamp functionality
ok
>Games where ownership of assets is important
that's a tokenized asset too :) A dapp game would run the entire game logic on the main blockchain, which even ignoring costs places very heavy limits on what it can do.
Maybe I'm wrong and people really are willing to pay for that, but I would be very surprised.
>Vitalik wants to make special nodes that can wallets from doing transactions.
did you mean prevent? if so, you're wrong
>Observer nodes to protect against malicious behavior.
They prevent short-term network attacks on the PoS mechanism.
>ETH is going to do all of the same shit because it has to.
if that's your investment thesis, lol

It has the best devs, the most money, the most projects being built on it, the most awarness, the most network effect by a million miles.
If eth cant succeed no other platform has a hope.

>It cant scale so it might as well not exist.

of course it can scale

>did you mean prevent? if so, you're wrong

Yep it has to view the network to see if someone is "attacking" it and that can then freeze those transactions. Probably will do this by having an automated system for minors to not mine offending transactions.

Its meant to prevent 51% attacks. So it prevents transactions.

> It has the best devs

Well they are failing to get shit done and literally every other dapp coin is better. EOS is just wrecking ETH hardcore into the ground its not even funny.

> If eth cant succeed no other platform has a hope.

It did though, it spawned good coins like EOS for example. Jobs done guys.

This. Either something new (that hasn't been put forth yet) will succeed or ETH will. Only time will tell.

Anything with high performance demands would need heavy off-chain augmentation.
Like, your pokemon or achievements or whatever are recorded on the blockchain, but the game physics are run on I dunno, RLC nodes or something. Ofc plasma and sharding could make things interesting if they succeed.
>they are failing to get shit done and literally every other dapp coin is better.
Just lol

LOOM is up though. So maybe eth will only dump to double digits while loom becomes an exact copy of EOS in every way possible before it catches on.

So you guys got that going for you.

>Yep it has to view the network to see if someone is "attacking" it and that can then freeze those transactions
It's not about 'freezing transactions' it's about making it harder to replace already-accepted blocks with new blocks that have a fake date in the past.
vitalik.ca/general/2018/08/07/99_fault_tolerant.html
>an automated system for minors to not mine offending transactions.
there's no mining under proof of stake.
>anything with high performance demands would need heavy off-chain augmentation.
which without succint verifiable computing (zk-snarks, zk-snarks) is not practical. There are only two other approaches:
- fraud proofs, meaning there's some time during which a transaction can be contested by executing it fully. That's almost impossible for really complex games and creates problem as it requires security collateral.
That's Plasma. It works only for relatively small contracts.
- trust, like in DPoS loom sidechains

Sharding is direct scaling on the layer 1 for parallel transactions.

>(zk-snarks, zk-snarks)
zk-snarks, zk-starks*

>implying layer 1, the most decentralized part of a blockchain, is for running a fucking dapp
This is why you EOS fags will never make it. Yeah the chain can process 10k TPS or whatever the fuck, but it only has one layer and it’s entirely centralized. There are literally 21 nodes and they’ve already done stupid (centralized) shit like banning accounts. If you ever want anyone to take a public blockchain seriously you cannot have a layer 1 with 21 nodes running it. The way it should work (and will work) is that the layer 1 is as decentralized as possible so that it can be trustless, and any scaling that sacrifices decentralization for speed will take place on layer 2 or layer 3. Ethereum doesn’t have to scale layer 1 because sidechains are being developed to scale it. Want to have Facebook on the blockchain? It will run on an Ethereum sidechain that has a consensus mechanism like EOS (dPOS or Tendermint BFT): more centralized but much faster. EOS is a good experiment, but it’s much better implemented as a sidechain to a bigger chain like Ethereum. Take a look at Loom and Tomochain - that is the future. EOS will end up as a sidechain because in effect that’s what it is.

Literally 100% this. If you aren’t all in Loom right now you will never fucking make it. Guaranteed

Here’s the thing. ETH is primarily a network for ICOs which is a method for developer networks to more easily raise money to fund projects and do their shit, similar to a public stock offering, but without all the red tape. The problem is a) red tape may be coming; and b) ETH requires GAS, which makes it expensive as fuck to actually transfer or use the tokens created on its network. So, they allow for a tockenized micro-economies, but make it expensive and time consuming as fuck to use at the same time. Meanwhile, many other cryptos now allow you to tokenize and raise money without all the turds, so basically, yeah, it’s ogre for Ethereum. Or I’m wrong and someone can correct me.

>If you aren’t all in Loom right now
It looked to me as loom only requires owning 1 LOOM token to use it and that's it, with eth being the main currency used for games on it. If that's correct, why would the token moon?

Why not just use Stellar?

Buy 0xBTC it is the only deflationary minable currency on ethereum

>This is why you EOS fags will never make it.

Actually its exactly why ETH fags are fucked. without on chain scaling and governance then all you did was make it so the developers have 100% control over everything.

In other words, for the person who is using the coin only to use the dapp, they are in exactly the same situation as using facebook, google twitter. The devs can ban anyone they want.

In other words EOS is superior in every possible aspect. ETH makes it so you might as well never use dapps. The devs can do anything they want.

> But if they did then we would just use another dapp.

Same argument as if Facebook sold all of our private data to the chinese we would all just suddenly stop using facebook right?

This is why you guys are so fucked. you thought that layer one being useless was a good idea and you then fucked up and just went full control all in on devs who now have 100% control over everything.

IE Delegatecall btw
kek

What about sidechains using POA or other high performance systems? You dont really need huge trust levels for a lot of game logic. Its not the end of the world if your COD round gets "hacked" as long as your valuable items are still there.

My only problem with LOOM is that its just a shittier version of EOS though...

love buying all these cheap bags from idiots that bought the top.

this

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-07-31 21-35-11.png (648x536, 271K)

I should correct myself. You shouldn’t be 100% all in Loom, because you should own ETH too. I recommend 50/50 split.
But Loom is going to revolutionize dapps, and it’s undervalued relative to what it can offer (much more undervalued than ETH at the current moment). While it’s true that yes, you only need 1 Loom to run your own sidechain, Loom is creating 3 of their own sidechains that any developer can run dapps on without the overhead necessary to run their own, which is huge. The sidechains will also be much less centralized than if a dapp community runs its own. Devs must pay Loom monthly (in Loom tokens) to run their dapps on these sidechains and the sidechains will use Loom tokens to pay validators. I suspect that most small dapps will use just these ‘mainnet’ sidechains because it’s cheaper and more convenient. Just think: anything you can do on EOS, you can do with Loom. And if you run your own chain you can choose the consensus (Tendermint BFT, dPOS, Casper, PoW, etc). They have Go and Solidity contract support already and aren’t constantly working on updates. Once these Loom sidechains go live I think we will see the true dapp revolution.

>But Loom is going to revolutionize dapps

EOS is already ahead so the best it will do is follow in maybe 3rd or 4rth place behind NEO and TRX.

It has to have useful shit on it to revolutionize anything lol

Devs only have 100% control if you let them have 100% control. You’re assuming that devs will run their own sidechain in every case which won’t be true, in fact most projects will use a publicly validated sidechain like EOS. You shouldn’t use a sidechain for a dapp that is controlled by the devs. Dapp-specific sidechains are just like any blockchain - anyone can run a node if they meet the requirements. That’s like saying EOS is owned by the devs because they have a shitton of EOS (it is, by the way).

None of that matters until the tech exists, and maybe not even then. Bitcoin is shit technology compared to everything else, but its first mover advantage has kept it the king for years.

The tech already exists. You can run your own sidechain right now and move ERC tokens between mainnet and your sidechain in a trusted way. Loom will release their ‘mainnet’ sidechains soon enough.

>Devs only have 100% control if you let them have 100% control.

OMFG WHAT! On ETH nobody can stop them from being complate fucking dickheads and ban anything they dont want HAHAHAHHA

Anyone who makes a platform that gets popular always gets super fucking corrupt. This happens every fucking time. People always let it fucking happen.

The only way to prevent this kind of shit is checks and balances And even that is not always enough. You absolutely need a representative democracy in place or it just goes full authoritarian every fucking time.

> Devs must pay Loom monthly (in Loom tokens) to run their dapps on these sidechains and the sidechains will use Loom tokens to pay validators. I suspect that most small dapps will use just these ‘mainnet’ sidechains because it’s cheaper and more convenient. Just think: anything you can do on EOS, you can do with Loom. And if you run your own chain you can choose the consensus (Tendermint BFT, dPOS, Casper, PoW, etc). They have Go and Solidity contract support already and aren’t constantly working on updates. Once these Loom sidechains go live I think we will see the true dapp revolution.

Also this just sounds like shitty off brand EOS knockoff garbage. Its awful, there will be some many problems with that system. It will be a giant fucking nightmare with zero reason for LOOM to moon.

If the coin does not represent the cost of running the network then its fucked.

bitcoin is better.

Also EOS has sidechains too so umm.. What?

Also LOOM is not open source right? It probably has back doors and shit.... They planning to fix that shit?

Stellar nodes are hand-picked. It's a permissioned chain with public access really.
It also has very primitive smart contracts, you can't directly do things like create a smart contract for debt that uses another token as collateral.
stellar.org/developers/guides/walkthroughs/stellar-smart-contracts.html
It's clear the range of possibilities was based on bitcoin's script language.
that makes loom tokens only a way to pay for the equivalent of hosting. They are all sidechains so eth is almost certainly going to be used as the in-game currency.
It should be worth more than EOS though due to lack of ECAF bullshit lol. So you may be right, I will think about buying them.
Loom has much lower barriers to entry than EOS. An average user doesn't need anything, no eth account, no metamask. You need scatter and an eos account to play eosknights. Screenshot is from a youtube video about EOS knights... funny.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-26 EOS Knights Part 2 - YouTube.png (918x255, 26K)

>ETH nobody can stop them from being complate fucking dickheads and ban anything they dont want HAHAHAHHA
Just like the EOS oligarchs can ban any address they want to and suspend their own ‘constitution’ and nobody can do shit, huh?

>You absolutely need a representative democracy in place or it just goes full authoritarian every fucking time.
I agree with you, but EOS is definitely not a shining example of a democracy. Maybe a blockchain will be one day, but so far on-chain governance hasn’t worked out so well.

>just sounds like shitty off brand EOS knockoff garbage
That’s because EOS is better suited as a sidechain. You cannot scale layer 1 by just decreasing the amount of people in charge, that will never work and it’s wrong. Fault tolerant systems are meant to be as distributed as possible, and scaling them with layer 2+ solutions is simply a result of this fact.

Bitcoin is better suited for other things, not dapps (RSK will handle that probably)

EOS is lame ass shitcoin. The launch was a joke. It's centralized as fuck. You need to >create account

Attached: 1210368.jpg (495x495, 35K)

Loom is open source, yes. But you’re missing the point, it’s not even just about Loom. There’s a lot of other projects doing basically the same thing like Tendermint, Tomochain and Cosmos Network, but Loom already has a working product so its probably the best investment

>Loom has much lower barriers to entry than EOS.

Sure, that's because nothing exists for it yet. Get some dapps going and suddenly realize shit costs money to maintain.

Like I said, shittier version of EOS here we gooo

> Just like the EOS oligarchs can ban any address they want to and suspend their own ‘constitution’ and nobody can do shit, huh?

Worse, those nodes and the devs don't even need to give a reason.

> I agree with you, but EOS is definitely not a shining example of a democracy.

> Its not real democracy

Bullshit democracy has never been a shining example of democracy. Ever. Its always fucked.

> That’s because EOS is better suited as a sidechain. You cannot scale layer 1 by just decreasing the amount of people in charge, that will never work and it’s wrong. Fault tolerant systems are meant to be as distributed as possible, and scaling them with layer 2+ solutions is simply a result of this fact.

So obviously the best solution is zero democratic solutions, placing all control in the hands of the devs and using LOOM which is not open source. Never utilizing decentralization in the name of keep layer one decentralized but also useless.

Solid plan...

Sadly for you ETH is inferior in practice and the best it can ever hope is to mimic EOS functionality as best as it can using a "as many chefs in the kitchen as possible" design methodology.

Kek

Attached: eos.png (628x625, 409K)

itt: "Let's autistically screech at each other about the various ins and outs of competing tech that is so many years away from wide-scale adoption that it will barely resemble the state of the art when it actually WILL be used."

>Get some dapps going and suddenly realize shit costs money to maintain.
you don't get it... loom is software. Every dapp (let's call them dapps for the moment) can run it's own servers with its own validators.
There are going to be public sidechains ran by LOOM, eventually including external DPoS validators. They are going to have their own fee system for dapp creators.
In comparison to EOS resources won't be speculated on, only used, meaning they are going to be much cheaper. Ram on EOS is only that expensive because it's hoarded.
LOOM is designed for games. It's a nice addition to ethereum but that's it.
>many years
I think with plasma, loom, raiden and PoS in (hopefully) 2019 adoption is going to get exponential fast.

I’m tired of arguing with you because you’re an EOS fanboy and won’t get it. But basically:
>Loom is open source
>Devs only control chains that they don’t let the community stake tokens and run nodes on (don’t use these chains)
>Most devs will use publicly validated and decentralized ‘mainnet’ sidechains anyways because of the simplicity
>When people realize the potential these sidechains have, they will be just like EOS, but run adjacent to ETH as layer 2+, so EOS will be useless

Honestly this, but we are all thinking in the short term because we are invested kek

>LOOM is designed for games. It's a nice addition to ethereum but that's it.

Without going full in on gaming and social media your shits going to zero. This better be the full fucking focus of the coin or its garbage. 100% useless garbage.

To be honest with you, though, I think EOS is too large to just shutdown so I expect EOS to implement a transfer gateway system with ETH so ERC tokens can be moved onto EOS and vice versa, coupled with a way to quickly swap EOS for ETH. That way EOS will still be useful and not a direct competitor to ETH, it’ll basically be a big sidechain.

>That way EOS will still be useful and not a direct competitor to ETH, it’ll basically be a big sidechain.
Imagine being this delusional. EOS already has the highest traffic DAPP in existence and a number of fucntional, real-time DEXes with more to come, and it's only 3 months old to Ethereum's 3 years. The writing is on the wall.

dapps make cross coin functionality a thing. I can easily see examples where people trade actual physical wallets. Thus bypassing scaling issues entirely ect.

But I have no love for useless shit. Anything that cant scale. Shit that doesn't give me a way to monetize in some way. Anything I cant use because it fucking sucks.

If I see something novel pop up on loom where its a good game or maybe something useful then I stand corrected. NEO and TRX is getting stuff soon.

I am sick and fucking tired of waiting for future fancily fucking named features that are perpetually 18 months away and constantly fucking speculated on.

If I cant use the shit right fucking now it sucks. End of fucking story.