Why are Americans so interested in their heritage?

Why are Americans so interested in their heritage?

Attached: syac-welcome-to-the-family.jpg (500x1352, 453K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.spreadshirt.com/Adobson/lesbian kick for men-A8037971?productType=210&appearance=63
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because we are a melting pot or different types of European.

hahaha

lmao

Attached: 1460923044688.jpg (700x545, 267K)

>dis is mein grandfatter's ax which he removed kebaps with
>fucking americans caring about their lineage

Attached: pepe.png (498x110, 113K)

the question is why do they think anyone else cares

memes lmao

Attached: dobson meme.jpg (900x1038, 341K)

>Dobson's ancestor used to be a complete chad
>Dobson is a failure with an inflated ego
What went wrong?

retardation

Attached: dobson.png (798x1817, 2.17M)

LOL

>hey you big dumb GRUNT, ever heard of this thing called SCIENCE??!
>nooooo you cant force me to do MATH

Attached: bestboi4.png (785x1000, 254K)

>research family history
>one of the largest slave owners in the state
And that is why I staunchly oppose reparations

Reminder this is what he looks like irl

Attached: E75E3C52-A4F6-4672-BA12-5E3BA784C9B7.jpg (439x747, 287K)

>europeans make these threads about american heritage every day
>durrr ahhhhh.... the question errr durr isss why do they brain thing else care????

Attached: Americans.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Because it's a culture of identity. That is why they also have so weird leftists and so called alt-rights, questions like "who am I" and "what are my roots" are quite important there, they really need to correlate themselves with certain group (lgbt, whites, blacks, respublicans etc). During 20th century one of the most important identities was the professional one, but now, during precarisation of the labour, something has changed and people are looking for some different types of self-determination.

>likes science
>doesnt understand maths
Wot

>he's a pseudo-intellect who had to settle on art
Is it not obvious/

kek

remember when he tried to make that """"""meme"""""" go viral?

Am I on a /v/ LOL thread?

Yes

Attached: odA7qii.jpg (1264x1580, 488K)

sports are GAY

Attached: dobson sports.jpg (640x493, 140K)

*I'm

Attached: dobsondrwho.png (592x1644, 775K)

Attached: dobson8.jpg (1000x1143, 653K)

lol

Attached: lesbiankick.jpg (600x825, 122K)

No matter how bad life gets you are not Andrew Dobson.

Attached: 1562104115052.png (1001x823, 806K)

Attached: SYAC-History_101.jpg (1481x3978, 1.29M)

This guy should seriously have sex

ever time I see it I am shocked how detached from reality one can be

>Melting pot
What a funny way to say 56%

>son of dob

Attached: d9d.gif (700x1439, 234K)

Honestly why do people like this enjoy science but not math?

I always found Mathematics the more enjoyable subject in school, you didnt even have to read the literature up until University level.

Science is boring as fuck ”Memorise these 200 pages of information and regurgitate it to me on the test”

shop.spreadshirt.com/Adobson/lesbian kick for men-A8037971?productType=210&appearance=63

Attached: Capture.png (638x852, 254K)

they're science fans not science doers. I guess it's not too different from being a sports fan

Because I'm fucking dumb. I can only math if it has anything to do with physics.

I don't know. I like to keep myself updated on scientific topic and I like maths, although I don't get to use more than statistics in my work field

Attached: evil-tom-preston.png (500x828, 198K)

Attached: evil-tom-preston2.png (800x970, 616K)

I guess its just personal preference.
I enjoy practical things, so i enjoy mathematics.
I hate reading books, i had to cheat on every single chemistry exam in highschool because they just wanted you to read too much, maybe i have ADD or something

Attached: FCC466DF-BCC6-4558-A650-F35D47B70D31.png (500x500, 53K)

What is dobson's FUCKING problem

Because they're brainlets who think "SCIENCE IS FUCKING AWESOME" because they're easily impressed by technology that is to them equal to magic, they don't understand it but think it's amazing anyway. Churches in the middle ages were filled with these types who were "JESUS IS FUCKING AWESOME"

I enjoy mathematics more too, though I would not characterize it as more practical. well, depends on the kind of mathematics

Lmao

I mean practical in the sense of academics
Mathematics class was like 10% lecture 90% self study problem solving
Natural Sciences were like 70-80% read & listen passively ~20% actually doing stuff and applying the theory

Plus i study Mechanical Engineering now so the math i get to do is practical

These comics gave me cancer. I hope a mod deletes this darling thread

right. I study mathematics, I barely ever attend lectures and just study on my own. comfy

>darling
I should stop phoneposting

>Not savoring the cringy taste of Dobson comics
Pleb

Oh cool, like pure mathematics?

I enjoy the cringe but then it hits me and I remember that there are people who think this way and support this bullshit

He is Dobson, that is his crime, it is also his punishment.

Science is a hack that doesn't explain the world around us. Science is just a way to try to quantify observations and to try to make predictions from observations. Science isn't "truth" and universal "facts" as some retards like to think; there aren't any fundamental truths that will be found through science.
Mathematics is just starting from certain axioms and using them to further mathematical knowledge.
>Do Americans really do this?

yep

Do Americans really do this?

Why are Europeans so obsessed with their culture and history (most of this shit is from when the American ancestors were still there)?
This but stew pot is more accurate.

it sounds more like something a continental would say

Attached: dobson politics.png (961x604, 753K)

t. retard

Bit generous with his hair and conservative with his weight.

Impressive, bachelors, masters, or PhD?

t. studied both electrical engineering and philosophy of science

>During 20th century one of the most important identities was the professional one
It still is but we arent allowed to shit on peons anymore (at least publicly) unless they are white, blue collar and voted for Trump.

got bachelors and working on masters.

So in short nothing

nothing explains the world around us

No, I don't even know who that is. I am surprised that you do.

Science and Math, obviously, are different field and even thou science, in various occasions, uses math as a tool, math in itself isn't science it's way more similar to a philosophical field as epistemology and ethics than to physics and biology, so a like to one or another, and certain dislike, can appears here the enjoyment in something more practical and something more abstract.

But I doubt really hard people like this know this epistemological differences and the scientific method, like this guy "Some theory can be prove ""wrong"", so science isn't ""truth"" or accountable hur dur". Mostly probably say that "like" science cause some generic scie-fi movie.

Define fundamental truth.

>Electrical Engineering
>Nothing

Not him but are you fucking retarded? Do you not realize what people created how you're communicating.

Doubful that a glorified electrician created anything.

why is this an every day thread?

you ask this shit more than we do that

>glorified electrician
Come on man, EE is a very nice degree
Are going to claim a surgeon is just a glorified nurse? A biochemist is just a glorified pharmacist?

The soyboy hero, Nikola Tesla. Was a mechanical and electrical engineer.

>la luz extinguida

he would if they were american

:DDD ebinn

saved

>Are going to claim a surgeon is just a glorified nurse? A biochemist is just a glorified pharmacist?
I would not degrade the pharmacist that much.

Neither would I expect a Surgeon to be fit on medical topics.

>Neither would I expect a Surgeon to be fit on medical topics

Why would he need it right?

OK as an EE he had to study apllied physics.
He needed to know the mechanics with which electricity works. How transitors work and all of this alike.
He would have never became a EE without knowing those.

Now my point. Aren't those mechanics a universal truth that was discovered and described by physicists? Don't those mechanics explain parts of our world? You can't refute them. You can't say the electrons do what they want. You know exactly what they do and you can predict what they will do. You kow a truth about our world that always applies without exceptions. A universal truth.

While he was studying this and he propably works with this he never lost a thought on what he is actually doing? Yes that's common for an EE. He works like a glorified electrician.

His name was Nicky Tesshire and he was an Englishman.

Nikolaus Tessler was clearly from Lindau.

The point being he has the knowledge to work in more advanced projects than an electrician

When im done with my Mech E. degree i will most likely be doing cad and programming most of my time working, but i will have much deeper knowledge of the machines im making than if i were just a programmer or just a mechanic

Sorry but Nicolás Trujillo was a spanish scientist.

I'm WASP, French German Scottish and Irish, sorry all those Western ancestors were smart enough to leave your dying shithole before muzziedom destroyed it.

What?

Excuse me, this man was born Nikolaj Thygesen and he was as Danish as koldskål

Attached: N.Thygesen.jfif.jpg (2563x3348, 1.41M)

The difference is the electrician don't have this profound knowledge, he knows the very basic and the physicists didn't had the idea and mainly didn't cared, cause that isn't what they are interested, to use physical concepts, put them together and create the electrical engine, for example.

If you are saying that engineering is the middle ground between science and the common sense about some topics the (electrician) I would tend to agree but to putt it as "anyone could do" is a fairly misconception.

Even I did so, my point is not to dvalue the EE.
My point is to show that science actually descovered and described things in our world that can be considered universal truth.

>Science is a hack that doesn't explain the world around us
Is what our glorious EE says.
He is wrong.

I wish there were more people like you.

Achyuysyally Nicola Telsoni was a VENETIAN scientist.

because no one makes easy to digest documentary programs about math

No objection, but this claim:

>Is what our glorious EE says.

I'm a mechanical engineering study and until now I've never saw such claim, trying to discredit science in someway in my classes, but were said various times that many of the things we use as tools are bidden by physicists, mathematicians and the likes and even thou not explicit I take that as reinforcement to this truths found by science.

umm, sweetie, I'm pretty sure Nicolae Teslea was a Romanian