Easy as fuck for danish/swedish/norwegian/finnish speakers to learn english

>easy as fuck for danish/swedish/norwegian/finnish speakers to learn english
>hard as fuck for an english speaker to learn danish/swedish/norwegian/finnish
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Attached: 1533518949726.jpg (311x362, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmUX68KtE
youtube.com/watch?v=NwmkGKmU090
youtube.com/watch?v=vyKOsPo_WyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TL3LsXVKbWU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think it is just that we are exposed to English at a young age. For instance, If you want to play video games you have to learn English. I remember playing Ultima 4 at a very young age with the help of a dictionary and my brother.

Learning Danish, Swedish and Norwegian should be super easy for English speakers considering that the grammar of the Scandinavian languages is neigh identical (though more regular) to English and they have lots of very similar words and idioms with the same meaning as their English counter-parts.
Now, learning English is not as easy for Finnish speakers as it is for Scandinavians (very different grammar, pronounciation, vocabulary and idioms) – and it’s certainly very difficult for you to learn Finnish.

>easy as fuck for finnish speakers to learn english
not true. finnish language is not even indo-european, so english is confusing as fuck for us. pronouncing english words is also very hard and most finns sound like robots when they speak english

(and seppos are also fat and bumb lol)

I heard sweedish was easy to learn. Is that not true?

Swedish is considered one of the easiest languages for native english speakers to learn in the world fyi

The only difficulties are tonal differences in multi use words

see my post here:

Why is it you guys all sound like robots when speaking English? I know you guys are weird, but like for example, I play vidya with a Finnish guy and even when he (rarely) displays emotion in his voice, all the words are still monotone

Learning any language is easy when you are truly interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmUX68KtE
FYI he speaks actual Swedish, much of it is mutually intelligible with English

because we can't pronounce english words for shit. they're so different from finnish

Finnish is the only one that should be difficult. English has a bunch of Danish origin words like, cunt.

Mayor Pete managed to learn Norwegian? Why cant you?

On the other had, Finnish is the most phonemic in the world, which means that once you know the rules, the language itself is pretty much pronounced as it's written, unlike English or French. So there's that.

Attached: 010.png (1162x453, 358K)

Norwegian is literally the easiest language for a native English speaker to learn

hand*

It’s pretty funny when you see Finnish words spelt normally and then with the phonetic alphabet. It’s identical aside of double vowels using a ’:’ and some letters having slightly different looks, like ä=>æ.
The grammar is very consistent too btw.

Attached: 3E1F2F20-D6D6-4C38-80E9-3C7CB31188CC.gif (594x252, 6K)

I think it's Dutch actually

dutch is supposed to be harder to pronounce/understand but both the languages are extremely close that it doesnt really matter

shit nevermind i thought you said danish not Dutch. i have no clue about Dutch

>IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Please refer to Points 1 and 11

Attached: sweat.jpg (2048x1724, 355K)

What about Japanese, Korean, or Russian?

And German is pronounced as it's written as well. But not necessarily the other way around.

forget about all weird pronunciation, for excample the letter i means just i, not ay. i like internet. simple. forget about The, stupid word. The car, The house, The american. we would say caren, houset, amerikaneren.
and so many words are so familiar you cant really mess it up.
>and/og so/så many/mange words/ord are/er so/så familiar/familiær(most common would be "like") you/du can not/kan ikke mess(gives meaning in norwegian but is translated to)/rote it/det up/opp (more common is "til")

americans sounds like faggots the way their voice and pitch goes up and down all the time. specially the way you go up at the end of a sentence makes you sound completely retarded.

>Japanese, Korean
no idea
>Russian
Not phonetic, has sounds with multiple letters and letters with multiple sounds.
>German
Good but not perfect. For example the diphtong ’ei’ and ’eu’ and R’s in the end of words.

>Russian?
We have a few rules like these:
-oгo/eгo is pronounced as -oвo/eвo
-тьcя is pronounced as -цa
"o" is sometimes pronounced as "a", also same with "я" and "e"
"ч" can also be "ш/щ"
If you memorize all the exception words you're fine.
Other than that russian is a phonetic language.

>are/er
you forget to mention its always er. you dont need to change it based on the subject like is or am. jeg er, han er, vi er. i imagine that shit get confusing for people learning English

japanese and korean both have several situations where the pronunciation of a string of characters differ from how the characters would be pronounced alone
obviously not as much as french or english, but it does exist

Do Americans have an accent when they speak Swedish?

I learned one phrase in Russian once. eta kot. that is a cat.

Right, this is how it's pronounced (except for a few northern dialects)
Этo кoт (when spelled) transforms into Этa кoт when it's actually pronounced.

It really doesn’t Romance languages and Finnic ones, for example, have ones for every persona, every tempus and every word.
In English words only usually have four forms.
-Present tense which also fills the role of many other tenses.
-Present third person singular with the -s.
-Imperfect tense which also often fills the tole of past participe and ends in -ed.
-Present participe which ends in -ing and is also an adjective.

The average verb can be conjugated in 15 000 different ways in Finnish. Your language is simple and easy.

I think nobody gets rid of their accent if they don't learn from natives at age 6 or so.

Of course. Everyone speaking any language has an accent. You have an accent in English too.
I thought Russian had no dialects/accents?

I would think that the largest country on planet Earth should have a large variety of dialects

finnish is too hard for me

>I thought Russian had no dialects/accents?
it has

I'd say like 99% of the country speak standard russian, but there are still people (mainly from villages north to Moscow) who speak on their dialect.
Vologda, Pomory, Vladimir and a few more old russian towns still have their accents present (o is pronounced as o etc)

>spend years learning norwegian
>visit norway and you don't understand a single fucking person because everyone speaks some ret dialect

>Everyone speaking any language has an accent.

Norwegian is one of the easiest language for English speakers to learn

Is this real or are you exaggerating?

It works both ways, but they are more exposed to anglo culture, so it’s even easier for them

then you have a shit teacher and you need to watch more tv, movies, series and listen to radio in that language. also tell them to speak straight, very few refuse or just cant. i really need to put all my effort into some of the scot and irish dialects but i can usually get a grip of wtf they say and try to work it from there.

Not really. Some languages are objectively harder than others. Popularity of anglo culture is just a nice bonus for motivation.

way easier for other indo niggers to learn indo nigger languages than for non indo niggers to learn indo nigger languages

We barely have any conjugation and the word order is pretty much the same as in English. I don't believe anyone should find a Scandi language hard.

I wish I English wasn't my native language.
There's just so much media in English. It's impossible to avoid for non-native English speakers, so they're exposed to it very early in their lives.

I wish English*

att lära svenska har varit väldigt roligt för mig. bara försök user :)

What do you wish your native language was?

Just imagine you get reincarnated in Belarus and your native language is Belarusian (lmao), be happy you are American.

why would people learn nordic languages?

neger

Finnish people are the smartest in the entire world, if I learn Finnish I should become smart too

because they know that those countries are better than their own so their instincts tell them it's a good idea

cringe

You just suck
at everything
evertyime

kys

cope

I think it is cute when non Finns speak Finnish even if they dont live here

youtube.com/watch?v=NwmkGKmU090
youtube.com/watch?v=vyKOsPo_WyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TL3LsXVKbWU

Finnish is just a great sounding language.

its easy af for an anglo speaker to learn a scandi language, youre just a monolingual brainlet who havent tried to learn a language beofre

>youre just a monolingual brainlet who havent tried to learn a language beofre
this

Says the guy who took English classes at school for 10 years.

I bet your English would suck ass if you were self taught. Oh wait, it already does! It's "a brainlet who hasn't tried to learn a language", hasn't not haven't derp!

Go to bed Steve you have to opress the German people tomorrow again

>88
Fucking nazi pig

so that is why his sentence was completely incomprehensible, he used the wrong conjugation!

>222
Fucking imperialist
AMI GO HOME
AMI GO HOME
AMI GO HOMO

Yeah but why would you want to learn those languages? They're useless and brainlet.
Learn Russian or arabic instead

I’m an American who moved to Denmark as a young teenager, where I still live today. Note I never went to school in Danish, nor did I take Danish classes, I picked it up.

Danish pronunciation is incredibly hard, because so many consonants and letters are slurred or dropped or changed. Spelling of words isn’t helpful when first figuring out how to pronounce them. For example Weysesgade (way-sess-gade) is really pronounced (vai-sess-gell-uh) more or less.

Then the fucking vowels, there are like 5 different ‘o’ sounds, which at first are very hard even to distinguish through listening.

Grammar can be very easy once you get a hang of it, virtually no conjugation and sentence structure is at times like English but with less connecting words. However everything is circumstantial, unlike maybe a Romance language there aren’t clear rules for many things, you just have to listen to the language enough to know what sounds right, whether that noun’s plural form is regular or irregular, if it’s a -et or -en word, etc.

Girls always like my accent and are impressed that an American can chat them up in understandable Danish so it’s pretty nice. Idk why I wrote all this I hope someone finds it interesting.

Attached: FAB8C54C-420B-4615-B153-1F0C11F74973.png (592x519, 335K)

So how's life in Denmark compared to the USA

How long did it take for you to pick up Danish to an acceptable level, including pronunciation?

Based

Is Daenish really that bad compared to Swedish? I always though it's like a German/Dutch thing,
As long as I'm wasted I'm able, or I at least think that I'm able, to pronounce Dutch easily.

Explain the image to me. I don't get it.

Also, you sound whiny, first saying you never took Danish and simply "picked it up", and then complaining that everything seems so random. Well no shit, if you never learned the rules, yeah it would seem random

Except for "Dijkstra" there are like 4 different ways to pronounce that nigga's name.

Danish is quite a more difficult to pronounce than Swedish or Norwegian (which are basically on par). Their grammar is slightly easier though.

Hard for me to say, I left relatively young so this is as much a home as the US was. As a teeenager and younger in Copenhagen you have a lot more freedom because mom doesn’t have to drive you everywhere— you walk or bike.

I didn’t speak Danish really except little bits at to cashiers and stuff until one night I got really shitfaced and starting speaking Danish to my friends as a joke, and then realized I actually could speak it. From there I started speaking more and my pronunciation and comfort with the language drastically improved. This was probably 2 years in I’m now sitting at 5 and I’m not completely fluent but I understand most everything and can hold my own in most conversation.

Pro language learner tip get drunk and talk to native speakers. Lowers their safeguards (most Danes will switch to English if they hear an accent, and your lowered inhibitions let you experiment more with the language without fear of speaking poorly

What?
No it's not, retard
Finnish is difficult to learn, but scandinavian languages are closely related to english so they are easy to lrean

Attached: language-learning-map-1.png (750x670, 126K)

This. If you just need to order your coffee when you go abroad then yeah you can self teach any language but if you really want to get a handle on it then you will always need some kind of guidance/teaching

Didn’t mean to come off that way, just trying to explain my understanding of the language. I played football for a few years where I was the only foreigner, so I picked it up there.
I actually lied though, I did have a few months of Danish when I first where I learned basic grammar, the fact still remains that a lot of Danish grammar is circumstantial.

>most Danes will switch to English if they hear an accent
This is the default in all Nordic countries. We're just as excited to practice a foreign language as you are.

Yikes

Thanks for your reply. It's really interessting to hear your perspective even though you weren't able to elaborate too much

>We're just as excited to practice a foreign language as you are.
Any truers

Also the meme implies the man thinks the world needs another unified Scandinavia with Denmark as the leader

Ask away I’m happy to elaborate

What do muricans sound like speaking Danish or Swedish? Are our accents tolerable or do they make native speakers want to rip their ears off?

Meant to reply to Instead of

To move my business operations there

Attached: wri9utqgt43y.png (391x389, 127K)

You have great opportunity to learn lot of Altaic finno-ugor languages, like Hungarian, Estonian, nenec, aaaaaayyyyyyy.

I’d say I have an unusually tame accent for an American, I occasionally get by without people realizing I’m foreign. (Unless they asked me to say rod grod med flode)

I physically cringe when my parents speak any Danish though

Belarus don't speak Belarusian in nowadays. They do speak Russian, except some vilagges, but they still exposed to Russian media.

based

Scandinavian languages are probably the closest to English though... (not Finnish)

Is that like in Ireland, where people don't speak Irish anymore?

It's so shameful when that happens. Truly cucked people.

DATS RAYCIST!!!

You're lucky dude. I would kill to live in Copenhagen instead of my shithole city. Even the immigrant neighborhoods are probably nicer than the average neighborhood where I live.

w.what the literal fug?

Attached: 2019-07-25_010352.jpg (687x309, 72K)

Nah. I don't think that Belarus nation had ever existed and consider it is like dialect of Russian, also like Ukrainian. In Russian Empire there didn't exist such nations like Belarus and Ukrainian

I mean most of them didn't speak Belarusian in past

>>easy as fuck for anyone to learn english

FTFY