What dialect of Spanish should I learn Jow Forums? Which is the best dialect on the whole? Which is the most neutral...

What dialect of Spanish should I learn Jow Forums? Which is the best dialect on the whole? Which is the most neutral? My grandfather is from Spain so I've been thinking about learning European Spanish, but I wonder if that would be off-putting for any Latin Americans I might talk to. Also, which Spanish-speaking country has the best literature? Please give me advice.

Attached: 178793-004-C738F28B.jpg (810x415, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cg8OQfuAnek
youtube.com/watch?v=HjTA2Dd8U9o
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZysZYrFrcY
youtube.com/watch?v=plaeFx8PYRA
youtube.com/watch?v=jylGbvHsvRg
youtube.com/watch?v=2TMxmttaOmk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you only plan to speak to Spaniards its OK. Latin Americans will find your Spanish funny tho

Peruvian (from Lima) Spanish, sounds fine and non-funny in all the Hispanic world.

In my opinion, Bolivian Spanish sounds very pleasant to the ear.

coastal peruvian: most neutral
paisa colombian: sexiest
madrilenian: most "respected"
mexican media/international variant: most popular

youtube.com/watch?v=Cg8OQfuAnek
Jump to minute 0:33

The accent of the "old" Mexican middle class, of course. Still spoken by normal people.

youtube.com/watch?v=HjTA2Dd8U9o

Who gives a shit. When they eventually ask you're from you will answer without thinking that you're an American, and that's what you will always be to them. So just learn Spanish and build up whatever slang you want from the people you speak to

you will sound silly anyways so it's not that important which one you choose.

it doesnt matter as long as you learn to roll your Rs

you will have a thick accent and speak like a gringo anyway so dont worry too much

El que querás, corazón

they'l mock at you, but in the end you're speaking the same language so do as you wish.
But i'd recommend Colombian or Peruvian Spanish.

this is unironically based, sounds like a native chief

not always
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZysZYrFrcY

ese no lleva como 10 años en argentina?

Imagine the butthurt if a Latino was mocked for their accent in the US

Don't you do?

I was not talking about he speaking broken Spanish, but European/Castillian Spanish before Latin American

No, it's not politically correct. Latinos sometimes mock non-Latino's Spanish, though.

idk but if based Laoshu speaks perfect chinese without ever been in China, everything is possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=plaeFx8PYRA

Puta que son extraños los blanc*ids
youtube.com/watch?v=jylGbvHsvRg

>learn Spanish because of muh heritage

Please

Learn other better language

RP English or German or French

They're really not that different besides the THH thing, which not everyone in Spain uses anyway.

None will mock you, unless you go to some obscure village in paraguay or bolivia where people are farmers that haven't seen a foreigner in their lives, in which case the mockery would be justifiable.

Gwyneth Paltrow speaking some dialect from Spain

youtube.com/watch?v=2TMxmttaOmk

Yeah I thought it was mostly just insecure CHIs who mocked broken Spanish

I don't think I'll have much trouble with the accent because I spoke Spanish from like ages 2-10 but then I went years without speaking and forgot a lot of it. My grandfather moved back to Spain when I turned 10 so I didn't have anyone to talk to. :(

I taught myself Spanish and I don't try to change my accent, I just focus on proper pronunciation and grammar

I guess I just wanna know if latinos will make fun of me for speaking Castilian Spanish in the Americas. ;-; If so, should I just speak learn an American dialect? Or just ignore people who would make fun of me?

Attached: Country_b06ac0_5746456.jpg (680x650, 81K)

Ostia, tío, menuda panda de gilipollethes dices, joder.

People here mock your speaking proper English.

Not really, As I said earlier, you will have a strong american accent that will shadow over the "dialect" you studied. Btw, When you learn spanish, you don't learn a certain dialect, the only thing that will shape your accent is the people you communicate with.

thats weird it sounds like the RP of spanish in its flat but clear-cutness

As opposed to?

Right, you just learn a generalized form of Spanish and what is emphasized is vocab, pronunciation, and grammar. Like how people come to the US and don't sound American even if they learn proper English

But I think the decision between using "distinción" or not is pretty big, no? How do Latin Americans view the distinción?

El coreANO ajajajjajajaksks

A lot of people in Bolivia are multilingual. They speak both Spanish, Aymara, Quechua, and also Wichí. Maybe that's why you find it sounds like the Spanish version of English RP.

Colombian, i wish i had the accent, but since i don't im not really considered colombian

the extinct one?

Shut up ching chong